Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, I need numbers. For lodging purposes, for discount discussions, for T shirt costs, to see how much money I need to make so it can be free.
EDIT
I was speaking with sanderson. He know the Leaky area somewhat well and mentions the lodging may require a two day booking. Meaning we would not be able to spend the night in two different locations. He also mentions a lack of lodging such as a hotel/motel type arrangement. I am now at my Mom's and her friends son is now in Leaky, at his uncle's. My Mom's friend also know the area and says there are pleanty of cabin type arrangements. Also, with the added car club participants, this could be even more of a factor.
I am thinking of a cruise from point A back to point A, point A being Kerrville with plenty of lodging. Cruise route as Ray posted but then up to Park Road 39 and back via Hunt and Ingram. I need to run that route, time it, get milage figures, etc etc before we decide on anything. I can evaluate it sometime the week of June 4 thru 10 if anyone wants to run it with me. I think it will be the most enjoyable cruise and might be the only chance for you to experience it as it may not get picked. It might be too long. Kerrville to Bandera back to Kerrville seems more reasonable. I dunn know yet.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-26-2007).]

IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I will be there so count me in for the event. Once the dates are final, I will put in for the days off to lock in the event.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
CliffW,

I keep trying to call on my cell phone and keep getting a network failure message. Try calling our home phone number 361-850-7291
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I get the same thing trying to call my wife. Call coming.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Cliff, or anyone else, is there any recent news on this event?
It`s still 5 months away and I`m already itching for another get together.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of staying in Kerrville. We have a friend there that we can stay with and that will help us with the cost of the trip.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on locations, dates, etc.?
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
Hell...I'll just bring a pillow and sleep in the Fiero.lol.

------------------
--David

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
How did I miss this thread update?
I have been extremely busy painting my Mom's house and doing major tree trimming here for wifey. My Mom's house required scraping, wire brushing and stripping three or more coats of bad painting over no prep work. I now need to replace some rotten wood trim and siding and then paint it. Which I am leaving today to get done.
I did not scout the route I prefer most so I can hold it out for your consideration. The route below but also returning north out of Leakey and back thru Hunt and Ingram.

I did visit with sanderson in Corpus and we discussed a few ideas. The most notable was to make the whole run from Kerrville and end up back in Kerrville. This will give us better options on lodging and may be the only way to have enough lodging for multiple club (Miatas and Soltices) numbers. This will also allow great camping facilities at a State park on the Guadelupe River. (Maybe pumkincarriage can arrange discounts.) Also being considered is the holding the Sunday breakfast/farewell function in Fredricksburg, only a twenty eight mile ride away. A nice drive I might add. Fredricksburg is on Hwy 290 and is a nice drive for those going back to Austin and Houston and even Pflugerville. For those going south, (Corpus and further) Hwy 87 comes out of Fredricksburg and will angle you towards San Antonio without going back thru Kerrville. With the road rally theme and my desire to showcase the Hill Country, the Fredricksburg idea is a winner with me.
I did scout another route I had in mind which is from Kerrville to Bandera via Hwy 16 and back via Hwy 173. Hwy 16 crosses the Medina river many times and each crossing was packed with tubers. It surprised me. As tubing is popular on the Guadelupe River here in Kerrvill/Ingram/Hunt I wonder if we might overtake New Braunfels as the tubing place to go to. What with all the restrictions due to overcrowding going in New Braunfels. Bandera has developed quite nicely and I am sure you will enjoy it. The Bandera route also supports lodging in Kerrville and the Sunday Fredricksburg run.
On to other details. I am fast losing hope to have a web site developed so that I can sell advertising and make this a free event including T shirts. I still plan an aggressive sponsorship campaign to get us as many discounts as I can, including food, lodging, and fuel. As far as multiple clubs attending I wanted to cement the details more before the idea was extended. My Dad is in a Miata club and I have talked to this with him. He has mentioned it to a few of his members and they are interested/excited.
I am gonna finish at my Mom's and then face a work week. I am at a sort of stand still until I get my preferred route evaluated. That will be done as soon as I get back. Oh yeah, I also ran into video cam problems and had hoped to post some video for your consideration. I procrastinated for that reason also. A new battery was gonna run about $60.00 and my camera is not computer compatible. I think I am just gonna get a new camera.
Anyway, not much of an update but...

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
It`s still 5 months away and .....

....I feel time slipping away. I need to get busy with the planning and preparing.
sanderson has a line on T shirt production at a good cost. I will need a design for final costs. Anyone can help me here. My thoughts were a caravan of Fieros going up and over hills with Fieros on the hill behind the first one. Your thought are encouraged.
I also have the Po Po award picked out. I have a couple of other awards in mind. Fiero paraphanelia, not parts, from the mall.
I am working on the Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally folks.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 06-20-2007).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Is this thing STILL going on?????

ok then...here is a bump in the road.....^^...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

It will be the best yet...ummm...unless you lose your pink slip to a Miata, .
PFF
System Bot
88Fiero_Girl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero_GirlClick Here to visit 88Fiero_Girl's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88Fiero_GirlDirect Link to This Post
would definately be there but unless i get over a grand to fix the alignment, its a no go...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
A grand ? Wow. Why so much?
JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fiero_Girl:

would definately be there but unless i get over a grand to fix the alignment, its a no go...

Come to the NTFC meeting this Saturday. I bet we can get you going for less than 1K!

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnF:

Come to the NTFC meeting this Saturday. I bet we can get you going for less than 1K!

I have told her that I can do the work that needs to be done for half the price of what a shop wants. This was a lone while back but the offer still stands.
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fiero_Girl:

I do alignmets and I can get new parts cheep. I'd be happy to help in whatever way.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

This is good stuff, .
Where is that picture of Blake washing Mike Parker's (Darkwing's) Fiero (Darkwing)?

Wow, I have been remiss in paying attention to this thread!!
And since I have never minded making a fool of myself...

(check out the old coot checking me out...)

Cliff, sorry I missed your call this weekend, I spent much of it 'unplugged' if you know what I mean.

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001

A concern of mine is also the numbers. I am marketing for a group discount. I need numbers. What is the average number of rooms usually booked for our rallies, Rukus and Round Up? T shirt numbers?
I do need some other help. As I said, I need numbers so I can market our discountS...capital S. Also, I want this to be as free as possible.

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
Cliff, full steam ahead on '07. When the time comes, please keep us in the loop on how any of us can help.

Cliff, again my apologies on not getting these numbers to you sooner. For AAFO Round-Up numbers, I would contact Rob White (fierosa on PFF). It has been my experience that the Round-Up draws 25-30 cars/year.
Also Rob is very versed in the ways of shirts. Will the Kerrville edition have pockets?

As for previous Ruckus #'s:

Texoma: 35 cars & 50+ attendees
Jefferson: 15 cars & 27 attendees
San Angelo: 25 cars & 40 attendees
Austin: 31 cars & 65 attendees
Waco: 24 cars & 40 attendees

For a Ruckus HIstory, look 1/2 of the way down this thread. A lot of fond memories there...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-060918.html

-edit to fix quote tags-

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 06-26-2007).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Ok, I will put some thought into how to best facilitate this. An invitation to join our cruise or side by side rallies. Local Solstice/Miata clubs or a statewide invitation.
Your thoughts?

Cliff, I do not honestly mean to sound discouraging here, but let's look at this from another viewpoint.

The more people that are involved, the greater the expectation, and responsibility. You are familiar with your brother Fiero owners, their expectations and attitudes.
Every Ruckus has been different and broken new ground & explored alternate methods to the show. This would be the first Ruckus to incorporate other clubs... but what would their expectation of your event be? Were it me... & since you asked my thoughts... If they want to join, I'd have them do their own shirts/trophies/prizes (maybe same artwork, just change the car type on the hill, ((LOVE the idea, BTW!)) and have their own money collectors & their own single point of contact for questions or problems. Running 1 show is hard enough, I can't imagine trying to bring 2 other horse breeds into the same team.

Not saying it ain't possible (and I'd like to meet your bro & dad!), just saying their expectations may be different, & you might need some help from a partner club participant.

Side by Side by Side clubs, sharing the same roads, venues, schedules, & activities... but each having their own coordinator.
(or not) --

jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I can have the fuel pump and windshield changed out in my car and the new ground problem tracked down so I can make it to a event for 2 seaters for the first time....
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

I did not scout the route I prefer most so I can hold it out for your consideration. The route below but also returning north out of Leakey and back thru Hunt and Ingram.

I think that route would be absofreakin awesome.
PFF
System Bot
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Side by Side by Side clubs, sharing the same roads, venues, schedules, & activities... but each having their own coordinator.

Cliffw,

Blake is correct here. Listen to him! To have the other clubs to join in the Ruckus is your decision. Don't complicate it to expense of mucking up the Fiero Ruckus. You asked to have the Ruckus this year and you have it. Don't mess up our fun trying to be nice to other clubs. You are going to have 20 to 30 people from our Fiero community to worry about and 18 to 25 cars to handle.

The other clubs have coordinators, I'm sure. Get our itinerary established and let the coordinators of the other club know what we are doing. Let it be up to them to get their participants notified accordingly. Don't handle their money or their communications - let their own coodinators do it and be responsible (parking, money, t-shirts, reservations, etc) for their own club's participation.

Whatever you do, remember YOU are in charge of the route, the activities, the timing, the lodging, the refreshments, etc. Don't let the "other" clubs sway you from the needs and desires of the Fiero participants. If they don't like/want what we do, let them stay home or have their own event. This is our event - keep that in mind!
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

ok then...here is a bump in the road.....^^...

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
What are the dates for this event so I can make sure I have them off?
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
Is this still alive? Do we have any dates/times/locations yet? I need to know for sure so I can plan out the upcoming months.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Chirs, hope the wedding went well with you & Lisa! Did the Fiero make the trip?

I t/w Cliff this morning. The Kerrville Ruckus is still on, still for October. There is a very valid reason that Cliff has been unable to give us a date, but I expect one very soon. Some of the most amazing goat track roads in Texas are in/and around Kerrville... & Cliff is looking forward to showing them off. I suggested a point of interest that I wanted to do... and Cliff seemed to think we could fit it in... here's a hint:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=...&lat=30.074108&mag=1

I know that doesn't look like much... but maybe you recognize the satellite of the original....

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=...&lat=51.179074&mag=1

As I said in the 'I am getting antsy for dates thread'... We are 8 weeks away and Cliff needs support, if a person is able to assist, PM him or reply in this thread.
I know that he will be posting up a rough itenerary and progress thus far very soon!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I t/w Cliff this morning. The Kerrville Ruckus is still on, still for October.

Okay, at least throw us a bone...

The second week in October seems to work for most people.. can we at least say that the Ruckus will be on Oct. 12, 13, 14???
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
uhhh....I don't recognize anything from the map link....Is this where the mother ship landed???

Cliff - I know what it can be like scheduling something like this - please let me know if I can do anything to help.

Michael and I would only be able to make it to the RRR if it is Oct 12, 13, 14....but you schedule it when it needs to be scheduled.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I wonder if Blake was hinting at this...
http://www.roadsideamerica....ract/TXHUNhenge.html

And here it is on a map...
http://www.roadsideamerica....hp?attractionNo=2605

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 08-15-2007).]

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Now THAT would be fun.

Been to the real one...wouldbe fun to see the Texas one.
procarnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for procarnutSend a Private Message to procarnutDirect Link to This Post
I second the motion....Oct. 12,13 and 14th... That is a free weekend for me too. But I know how scheduleing can be.

PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
ummmmm.......

just jumped over to look at the off-topic threads and Cliff is posting over there.....

Come on Cliff, give us some news!

Please?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Okay, at least throw us a bone...
The second week in October seems to work for most people.. can we at least say that the Ruckus will be on Oct. 12, 13, 14???

Sorry guys, hard for me to believe I have not posted in so long. Plans have been progressing in the time though. Guys, I have been route scouting. I have made multiple trips and had not yet decided to present something and contingencies for approval. This is our Ruckus. Some have expressed reservations about driving after driving so far to get here.
The route scouting does take time. I could settle on the one maryjane rode with me once, and liked, when I mentioned it would make a good criuse route and call it good, but, that is not me. That route is the fall back route.
I have not posted due to a couple of reasons. For one, no set plans though they have been progressing. Just as other plans have fell through but have not been abandoned. It is hard to report on iffy. I do see my faults in not feeding you animals though, . I do actually feel guilty also. Family issues have also tied me up. I am not offering a "woe is me excuse". I would like to say I don't need one and I do not. I could pull out if I needed to and I am sure you all would understand. The fact is, there was time left for me to tend to all. I have been working on all. It is just that I had no umm, refined details to report. Then again, I do have details I can/could have report(ed) and I should have.
I do know this. It is getting down to nut cutting time. I have to make decisions for presentation of your approval. Well, decisions in my presentation for your decided approval.
As far as a date. My family issues have kept me unemployed (mind you I WAS not in jail). I expect to be employed within a week. Whether or not I am, we can set a date next week. I can always unemploy myself again. I am committed to our rally.
Putting together this rally has not been a tough task but it has been frustrating. Causing disappointments on my part. I had hope to be able to hold it for free. Reluctant to post that it would not be. Not that it would keep me from owning up though. I just kept on holding out hope. I had hope that a website would attract advertisers. That proved difficult for free here on the forum and expensive elsewhere. And I have been unemployed. I vow to see this idea through. Not in time for this Ruckus though, . An adaptable website for all Fiero rallies for the forum members. We are 14,000 strong with many more hits a day. Perhaps I should have asked Cliff for his help in that endeavor. Sheesh...no perhaps about it, .
I am also mad at myself for not asking for Rob White's input. Jeeze, the Round Up is always a success.
Another disappointment of mine is providing awards. See, I guess they were never important to me but I know y'all like them. My Dad shows cars and every nut and bolt has to be original. He is too anal but some people live for that. Not saying awards are not nice rewards and deserved but, my focus on this Ruckus was road rally, ie, driving. The best reward to me. However, awards will be earned at this Ruckus also. The trophy/plaque thing will suffice I suppose, and also be relatively be easy to do but, again I want better. CenTexIndy's awards of last year are gonna be hard to beat but...I want to try. You don't get if you don't try. As for as the grab bag and game prizes, heh, he will be easy to beat. (Tim....if I can come up with some, ) Which I do have plans for.
My idea, which I have not been exploiting correctly, is to improve on each other's success. Tim has been an inspiration. I do hope to do as well despite the fact that he did not have god's country to work with. . He will be hard to beat......BUT....let me toss y'all a few bones.
I have property on Medina Lake. The lake was dry due to dam repairs when I took on this endeavor. It is not now and is a beautiful lake. Along with my property, I have good friends there. One is a champion bar-b-que contestant originally from Houston. Tom Rich is his name. There is not much sanction competition around here but he still competes. I believe his best showing was second at the Houston Stock Show and Rodeo. With sponsors. He still can "que" and competes locally, with sponsors. Now that the lake is full again, I have been tempted to make that the #1 route. (Which is the exact route maryjane No matter. I believe I can get him to "que" here in Kerrville. I could even lend him a Fiero, .....nahhhh, maybe.
My main desired route, mapped posted by Ray, ehhh, I am not happy with it. At 128 miles I am satisfied. It is just the last 60 or so miles are anemic. I have been back scouting. The first half of my route transverses the Guadelupe, then The Medina, then the Sabinal, then the Frio rivers. Good driving, good roads. Beautiful scenery. It is not the hwy 16 known to some. ehhh, actually most is not on hwy 16 but the road surface is just as superior.
I have run this route a few times with alternate routes for the last anemic 60 miles. The last route scout, I came across a store.
Let me interject. Stopping at every interest does take time. Many times a waste of time.
Anyway. I came across a non descript looking store. Looking for local flavor. I found more than I expected. More route scouting needed. I wish I had more time. Because, I learned that there is a Stonehenge replica about...ehhh....less than 30 miles from my house. Interestingly, Blake just called me yesterday and mentioned this fact as being interesting. I am wondering how to best incorporate it into our route. Also discovered by my stop at Garven Store was the "Ride the Three Sisters". A renowned biker run route. We know how they like the curves and fast speeds. I am tempted to scout but it is nut cutting time. Because I want our approval. Stonehenge though, can easily be in-route. I need details. I am gonna do another scout route and also do Three Sisters. I have learned a lot about my backyard from this privilege, . Which is part of the solution, .
Other bones:
I have a park on the Guadalupe River set up for the show and shine spot. Shaded, . On the banks of the Guadalupe River. I have a gas discount of five cents a gallon at the beginning and the end of the proposed route. Yet, I am working on other ummm...competitors. I had planned to hotel in two different locations but, ehh...I am not seeing the worth in the outreach locations. Not even Bandera because the drive back to Kerrville is too short. I have not got a hotel discount because of not having a firm date. I have made inquiries. It depends on bookings.
A desire of mine is to also tap into local talent as part of the Saturday evening bruuhah. Which may be state wide talent. Country/Americana usually booked. Good music and good people.
Ahh, what else? I am lost in this post and my fault. I have been away from my computer off and on. Y'all know me. I have no computer sense. I do not do e-mail. I rarely see PM audibles...because, well, because. Any concerns I might miss, call me. (c)210 471 1192. Please, please, call my cell phone first. I will get in trouble if you call my wife (Cindi) on my land line, 830 792 6649, . Though, she expects to hear from you. After all, I am the reason she was born. .
Nahh...I am a better cliffw because of the is the internet really forever ummm..., good woman,
Guys, I love you too. Even Cindi accepts y'all as another woman. I have had some issues. I understand that there are some contingency plans. I can understand why. I do not care to out do Tim. Or Don. Or Rob. I just care to out do what we have had. I am a proud man...and also one that deserves shame. I strive for pride and I have the woman to prove it, is the internet really forever, .
I see that dates are most important. Give me a week....or not. Fact is, post the dates that you want. I am unemployed but need a job. I can hire on with unavailable work dates. Give me a week to find my schedule. I want everyone to come.
Now, since you have told this can not be free, , I also still want to attract more people. I still want a prize for the Fiero which travels the farthest. A gas prize is best or so I would think. Which costs. As do "T" shirts.
Where has pumkincarriage been ? She used to volunteer for "T" shirt designs. I do hope she is doing well. I need a "T" shirt design. I have had an idea in mind. I just have no concept of putting it to paper or practicality. Except when it comes to pockets, . I have contacted other local Fiero clubs for leftover t-shirts as prizes. I need to step back up into that. For this Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally event t-shirt, I am afraid that I am gonna have to consult an expert. F-I-E-R-O, Andrew.
Well, I hope I have breathed new life into this rally. I do owe y'all an apology. I could easily dismiss my actions by saying a bad Fiero rally is better than no Fiero rally at all, but that will not be the case.
ehh..I am going to route Stonehenge and back a different way.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

ummmmm.......

just jumped over to look at the off-topic threads and Cliff is posting over there.....

Come on Cliff, give us some news!

Please?

I really do type 40 minutes a word, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

I really do type 40 minutes a word, .

ehh, now i see mistakes, .
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back! Sounds like you have been busy.

I think that most of us just need a date so that we can make plans to come if possible and others need to ask off for work.

ANYTHING that I can do to help, let me know. (And THANK YOU for the kind words....and YES....I know the grab bags sucked...but they will always be remembered as "different").
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:
ANYTHING that I can do to help, let me know.

A 60,000 mile Indy Fiero as a first prize would be of a big help. .
Guys, I do not get into chat much. If you see me in T/OT, say Hi.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Putting together this rally has not been a tough task but it has been frustrating. Causing disappointments on my part...

Let us know how we can help. People are getting impatient for a date, because many have to ask for time off well in advance. That's what is creating the urgency. Although the rally sounds really cool, don't break your neck trying to plan out every little detail. Most of us just want to hang out , look a the cars, and have a cruise. We are easy to please.

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post

A 60,000 mile Indy Fiero as a first prize would be of a big help. .

Hmmmm......

Naw. But there may be a Red Formula I could donate as soon as I get some more info on it.

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Cliff - STOP PLANNING!

You've had 10 months to get it together. We are down to less than 4 weeks from the times suggested by posters.

It's time to announce a date and place! It is very unfair to people who have been asking for a set date for over 2 months. Some people who are regular participants in all Texas wide events actually work at a regular jobs. They need advance notice of events so they can plan days off, travel, lodging, etc.

If you don't have t-shirts, fine! If you don't have Saturday night entertainment - fine! If you don't have a cruise route finalized - fine! We can figure it out when we get there!

The Ruckus is supposed to be fun. Give us a place to congregate and it will be, I promise! I'll bring the vodka!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock