Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Just got back home. Revin, got your PM and will contact same. CenTex, PM comimg.
Fixin to go to the local Pontiac dealer and make a pitch.
IP: Logged
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Is the attendees up to date? Missing a lot of my AAFO buddies and their ladies.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:
Is the attendees up to date? Missing a lot of my AAFO buddies and their ladies.

Other than you and I, sanderson, and fierosa, we are missing all of them, .
Partly my fault. I have not made a meeting in a year. Partly busy, partly work schedule, and it is a 150 mile round trip. I meant to be there at the last meeting but I forgot all about it that Sunday. I am hoping to make this months meeting to drum up excitement.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35975 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by jscott1:
Is it from a 4 speed? I've already burned up one spare, I could use another.

No, an automatic.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35975 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by revin:
WHERE will the show and shine be at?? Is that the same place that we will start the cruise from???
is there a detailed map out yet?? This information is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

The shine and show will be at Louise Hays City Park. At the corner of Hwy 16 and Spur 98. MapQuest is your detailed map. Zoom to level two or three.

Originally posted by cliffw:

The Show & Shine is gonna be held at Louise Hays City Park. Under shade trees on the banks of the Guadelupe River at the corner of Hwy 16 and Spur 98. MapQuest level three or four of Kerrville will show it well.
The thing is, I asked the City Parks Dept. for permission to block off a corner. Well, they hem hawed about how they like to discourage car shows at the park. So, I asked to speak with a supervisor. I am still waiting for them to tell me no....
We have a beautiful public park. I pay taxes. You pay taxes. You don't pay Kerrville City taxes but it is not a Kerrville taxpayer park. It is a public park of which I help fund with my Kerrville City Taxes.
We are gonna have a show and shine at Louise Hays City Park. I expect an 8:00AM crowd factor of two or less, plus 41 Fieros, .

We, Joe Public, will be congregating in the south east corner.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
I will send something out again to the AAFO. I lost some contact information when my hard drive crashed.

It will be a great event, no doubt.

DARKWING,

aka Mike Parker
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
TXGOOD did you get my pm?

Joe
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Just cleaned out a closet and found a few shirts left over from last years Ruckus. I believe that they are probably all Mediums, but I will bring them for you Cliff to do with as you see fit. HoTFO will also be bringing about 10 other items for you to distribute as you see fit, and we have something else in the works for this event that Corey and I will be working on tomorrow and I am hoping to finish up by the middle of the week.

Thanks for all your work Cliff! I can't wait to get together with everyone and see what all you have planned for us! Wendy and Bryce will not be making it so we will only be bringing the 87 GT.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Is there anybody who has a room reserved and needs a roommate?
Let me know before I reserve my own room. Thanks.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Is there anybody who has a room reserved and needs a roommate?
Let me know before I reserve my own room. Thanks.

I think Blake may need a roommate unless he found someone.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

... I have booked a room, if it works out that someone needs a roommate, LMK, and I will cancel my reservation. ...

Found this on page 9. Blake: give me a call anytime. You should have my cell # I believe.

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Joe you have a PM
Mike
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
You to Mike
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Just a little FYI.

1) Scott Anderson (sanderson) AAFO
10) Cliff Smith (cliffw) AAFO
13) Kevin Rogers (Revin) AAFO
16) Charles Cintron AAFO
17) Rob White (fierosa) AAFO
18) Glenn Anderson AAFO
26) Mike Parker (fieroseblack) AAFO

DARKWING
aka Mike Parker
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Cliff,

Just a little FYI.

1) Scott Anderson (sanderson) AAFO
10) Cliff Smith (cliffw) AAFO
13) Kevin Rogers (Revin) AAFO
16) Charles Cintron AAFO
17) Rob White (fierosa) AAFO
18) Glenn Anderson AAFO
26) Mike Parker (fieroseblack) AAFO

DARKWING
aka Mike Parker

As I stands right now Richard Lazor and Glenn Anderson are going to Midland on Friday to bring back a parts car Richard bought. They plan to stop in Kerrville on Saturday for dinner but will be Fieroless.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:

As I stands right now Richard Lazor and Glenn Anderson are going to Midland on Friday to bring back a parts car Richard bought. They plan to stop in Kerrville on Saturday for dinner but will be Fieroless.

Tell them while they are out there to pick an 88 Coupe I have stored at a reletives houses till I can make it back to get it. Really need to make a trip out there myself to pick up that car. Such a long drive with not alot to look at the whole way.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, Michelle is heading that way tomorrow (if the AF actually gets their crap together). She starts school on Monday so after that she should know what her schedule is going to be. I think she would have a blast if someone would be willing to have her tag along with them. She misses her Fiero a bunch, and she misses driving even more. Plus it would be a great break from "the military life" that she's been in since May. I'll have her call you when she gets settled.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Michelle ?
I was hoping her name was Betty Crocker, , j/k.
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Cliff - hope to have something fun for you to look at by the end of the day tomorrow.

How is the planning going? I KNOW you are still working on things. I told someone today who is a local Fiero owner about this event and he is thinking of coming and will probably camp out somewhere or stay at my friend's place. He hasn't had his car long, and has talked with me for a number of months about wanting to get involved with the Texas crowd. I told him that from the sounds of this RRR it will be a LOT of fun and that I hope that he decides to go.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

... I told him that from the sounds of this RRR it will be a LOT of fun ...

As it is anytime ANY Fiero enthusiasts get together! But I gotta say, when I moved to Texas I was very surprised how friendly people are here, and I mean just people in general.

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Cliff, I'm not gonna be able to make it. I am truly sorry. I called the Inn today and canceled my spot.

Joe Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 09-25-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Another AAFOer will be there, sent you E-Mail.

Michael,

I would like to register to attend on Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th of October.

I have an ’88 Red Fiero GT.

Please advise and thank you.

Juan Angel Hinojosa

Must have what a great guy I was! Thanks Revin/Kevin for jumping in.

DARKWING
aka Mike Parker
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

How is the planning going? I KNOW you are still working on things.

Well, it looks like funding for the T shirts is falling through. I am not done yet though. Even if I can get them partially funded I will. This week I am hoping to wrap up most details and more finalize the front page itinerary. I need to do some serious work on the points system prize winner type system. It seems my scavenger hunt questions might enable too many people to be a points leader. It might come down to a random drawing for a tie breaker(s).
The scavenger hunt is the only game I had in mind. The city park has a horse shoe pit, I have shoes. There are also some volley ball sand surfaced courts.
I have that steering wheel pulled for Corey.

Originally posted by josef644:
Cliff, I'm not gonna be able to make it. I am truly sorry. I called the Inn today and canceled my spot.

You will be sorry when you here the reviews from the cruise, . Sorry that you can't make it, I have missed out on a few myself. Life is more important.

Cliff,
Another AAFOer will be there, sent you E-Mail.

I sent Jaun an e-mail.

We have another Miata coming. A super fast turbo model.
I will be updating the front page in the next couple of days.
procarnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for procarnutSend a Private Message to procarnutDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Guy's...I'm not going to be able to go to this one.......I was really looking forward to it..

Cliff, please take my name off the list. I am calling the Whitten motel to cancel my reservations.

I will be undergoing some medical procedures at this time so it has to take priority. Don't worry it's nothing life treatning. But still important.

Bob
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Life does get in the way and that is a good thing.
I remember the Ruckuses that I have missed. I never gave out hope and I will not for you either. Or josef644. Sometimes life also gets out of the way. Revin was not gonna make it and now he might, . I once worked about a hundred miles away and could not attend. I worked twelve hours then drove almost two more (in my P/U) for just the shine and show. My meet and greet. Then drove two more and after a little sleep, worked another twelve.

I have some good news. I spoke earlier of a classic car sales business here that is virtually a museum (maybe 30 cars). We are welcome to enjoy. I have a list of the inventory. I will let missus speedy typer type it later. You will enjoy.
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
That was great. Did you do that?
Thanks
I am gonna try to come for the "shine and show"

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 09-26-2007).]

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Just try to do what I can to help....
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
I am gonna try to come for the "shine and show"

I whole heartedly recommend the cruise in the afternoon. It has been no secret that the cruise is the main reason I am even hosting. The cruise is the main event. I guarantee it, .
For the record, I also volunteered because of there was no plan three last year. I felt I could carry on the tradition. And, I will, . It makes up for the ones I missed.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35975 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Here ya go Cliff!!!!!

Very very nice Tim. Wow !
'Ya know, I am paranoid that my commercial idea may have been stolen. ???
It was a good idea and documented here first. I wonder if Pontiac/GM allows freelance artists. Which can be you. We don't need a Fiero chase/camera car.
Hmmm.....
Thank you, ,
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35975 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Here ya go Cliff!!!!!

Again, Wow !
PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
The idea had already entered my head before you broguht it up....but it became finalized when you mentioned it. Then when the local car dealership asked if they could display my car, well....I knew I had to do it.

I hope that you like it, and maybe it can attract someone who may not have been coming. It didn't take me long to do, and it was something fun and I had no clients yelling at me that it wasn't what they were wanting. It is all original footage (with the exception of the one shot at night that I have from some old stock that I pulled it from).

EDIT:

Forgot to say "Thanks" to Corey for doing the driving of the Fieros.

[This message has been edited by CenTexIndy (edited 09-26-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

The idea had already entered my head before you broguht it up....but it became finalized when you mentioned it. Then when the local car dealership asked if they could display my car, well....I knew I had to do it.

I am gonna make a return sales call.

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
It almost seems wrong that I've missed all eleven pages of this but considering how much I've missed recently in the Fiero world maybe it's not surprising...
Anyway...

I am not 100% sure yet but it's looking like I'll probably able to come down Friday and stay through dinner on Saturday.
For those of you who don't know my car was hit in a little accident (just some light front end damage) and I've been working on getting it back "event-ready"... still waiting for the rest of the insurance money to come through so I can get the new House of Kolor and PPG paint on ( ) but as long as it's not sitting in a paint booth that weekend then Orange and I will be there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to see y'all then-
Amber
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage: but as long as it's not sitting in a paint booth that weekend then Orange and I will be there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to see y'all then-
Amber

Even if Orange is in a paint booth please come anyway...with some luck my chop top should be at the (third) paint guy's shop by then...(maybe painted by the time of the G-BARF)
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
I would consider coming without Orange but I bet cruising is alot less fun on foot. My only other vehicle is the red 88 coupe my dohc came out of and we've currently got it all torn apart switching out some body panels and getting ready for a 3800 swap. There is a good chance I'll be able to schedule the painting around this event, whether it's done before or after just depends on GEICO. However, if we aren't there Friday night then you all know why.

The chop top is being painted a 3rd time? I know what happened the first time but I guess I missed what came next... sorry to hear you aren't getting to drop jaws all over Houston in it yet.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:
Anyway...
I am not 100% sure yet but it's looking like I'll probably able to come down Friday and stay through dinner on Saturday.

Good. I have been wanting you to come..., to the Ruckus, .

I would consider coming without Orange but I bet cruising is alot less fun on foot.

How could you know I have a rental Fiero, . J/K.\
I am sure we have a "ride along" availability. I am sure. You can't miss this cruise route.
EDIT
I am a happily married man. I had asked about you earlier though. I would like you to come. I was even wondering about your past T shirt design volunteering.
I am not a horny old man. Well, yes I am. For my wife, .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-26-2007).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

I whole heartedly recommend the cruise in the afternoon. It has been no secret that the cruise is the main reason I am even hosting. The cruise is the main event. I guarantee it, .
For the record, I also volunteered because of there was no plan three last year. I felt I could carry on the tradition. And, I will, . It makes up for the ones I missed.

Oh if we get to come for the shine and show, we'll get to do the cruise also before I have to head back east that evening. Its only 2 1/2 hours to Austin from here.

Joe
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

......and I've been working on getting it back "event-ready"...

Have you ever seen me take a trophy? Other than a T shirt ?

C'mon down. All roads lead to Kerrville.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35975 posts
Member since Jun 2003

All roads lead to Kerrville.

FYI
I call it "Herrville". My wife loves it here.
Me, I'd rather live outside of Bandera, . On my place on Medina Lake. Which, wifey hates.
If I had known the lake would be full, (irrigation lake), we would be having the Ruckus In Bandera, Texas.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock