Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:
Cliff, my advice on rooms would be to talk to some of the cheaper hotels like Econolodge and America's Best Value Inn and see if they would hold a block of rooms (say 15) for us at a discounted rate until a certain date like 9/15. Anyone who books with the group name before that date gets a room at the discounted rate and after that date you're on your own.

Thanks Scott.
Americas Best Value Inn did not meet the Cindi seal of approval. I will look further into them.
The Econolodge, hmm...I have no notes on them. I will check right now.
IP: Logged
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
EDIT
Texas State B-B-Q Championship Cook Off contestant B-B-Q for us.
His specialty is brisket.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-28-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I again drove the cruise route to finalize it, check a few more details. It is awesome. Mileage comes in at 103 miles. Time...well, that is a little tougher to judge. See, the roads want to make you go fast, the scenery will slow you down. Wife and I did it in two hours and fifteen minutes. I have an in route lunch stop planned though. Which is a surprise. Also, along the way, there are a couple of other stops worthy of stopping for. Blake hinted at one (I may have already let that cat out). Cindi wants/thinks I should not tell you all the details. She is against even teaser pics,
You will enjoy the cruise !

Cliff, my advice on rooms would be to talk to some of the cheaper hotels like Econolodge and America's Best Value Inn and see if they would hold a block of rooms (say 15) for us at a discounted rate until a certain date like 9/15.

As I said, America's Best Value Inn did not meet Cindi's approval. I did check it out again. No, no, no. It is ok but that is it. Some good news though. Somehow Motel 6 slipped under my radar. They have enough rooms, are a newer facility, passed the approval inspection, and rooms regularly are $49.99, single occupancy. I will work on that rate. I am also gonna give River Inn Resort a chance to match it. Decision tonight.
I am struggling with the show. Times, location, activities, no problem. Awards are. We have a trophy shop and such. I also have a couple of other ideas. I just don't get the award thing. Myself, I have never been driven by awards. I don't need them. I understand the appreciation some have for them. At past events I have seen that everybody deserved an award. I don't think there should be a second place.
So, I am in a quandary in judging. My Dad has had many show winning cars. Some contests tougher than others. I can get his help but I thought I would run it by 'yall also. How many awards do you want ? What categories would we want judged ? The one I most appreciate is "most improved". That would however require logged records or history of each Fiero. I would like to see this become a staple of our events but yet again sometimes we might bring a different Fiero.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Gezzz Cliffw,
This should be called the rockin red river ruckus road ralley STORY BOOK!!! I like all the info!!

But gezzzzzzzzzzz!

I like short ,to the point, but keep on writing these long letters!! I am sure someone is reading it all. LOL

Will someone give me the run-down when this gets closer....
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
What Kevin?

Not enough pictures to keep you entertained?
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

What Kevin?

Not enough pictures to keep you entertained?

Sorry BOSS

Yeah you know..... one big pic and one sentence ....that is about all I can handle

hey cliff, how about a pic from the hill country that we will be traveling???
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I was in the Fredericksburg, Johnson City area yesterday and this morning. I saw gas for an average price of $2.63 and the lowest price if $2.49 in Hearne Texas. It wasa 4 1/2 hour drive from 2 blocks from the Alamo in San Antonio to my home. I had gone to pick up some Fiero parts in a little town of Stonewall. We just missed peach season, and all of the orcherds were stripped bare.
Nice trip. We saw a few deer but not as many as I usually see around the area.

Joe Crawford
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the wheels Joe?
If so, were they in good shape?
Mike
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Okay -- we kinda need a head count. General purposes. Room count is not good enough.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by revin:

Back at ya shortly.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Okay -- here's the deal. I have some good news, I have some bad news. I have some better news, I have some worse news.
Oh, woe is me, .

Lodging will be at the Whitten Inn. Very nice. Cost is $56.00 a night = $63.78 with tax. Kings, doubles, no extra charge per person. 30 people per room not allowed. Got wireless internet, dorm fridge, microwave and a deluxe continental breakfast that includes biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals, muffins, bagels, juices, coffee, milk, etc. in their very nice lobby.
I have blocked off 10 kings and 5 doubles till the 1st of October. Credit card reservations need to be made and have to mention RED RIVER RUCKUS! Try and speak with Rachel or Lynn. And yes, they are Cindi approved. Two thumbs up! You will love it.
This is not only the beginning of hunting season, religious mania interests are also going on at this time. I almost fracked up and didn't give you enough notice. I have other options for those that may need them.

The bad news is that the A/C went out on the '88. Don't look like Cindi's going to make the cruise. (That is also the good news). And for the worse news, I am your host.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-30-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Whitten Inn
(830) 896 1511
Web site edit coming up.
EDIT
This Kerrvile location website doe not do justice.
Home web site.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-29-2007).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Yes I got two . I got the others UPS today. One has a little curb rash, about 3 inches long. I'll get them on the car and post a pic here tomorrow. Raining to beat the heck right now. The Hill country was real pretty and green from all the wet weather they have had in that area in the past 40 days or so. I went by the Alamo, I gotta stop there if I am close.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
****"Kings, doubles, no extra charge per person."****

Does this .mean my wife is no charge, or my king size bed is no charge? It could read either way. Ya got 6 weeks to fix that AC pilgram

Joe Crawford
Pointblank

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-29-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
$56.00 a room. You want a king or are you gonna put her in the other bed ?

I do need a head count.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
By the way, I have been wanting to mention this.
What do you......ehhh I need a driver's side power mirror glass.
Lets do a swap and give-a-way.
Post your desires.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
God I love this place!!
She is agonna sleep with me in the King size bed for a total count of two. Agonna is a real Texas word ya know.
Thanks
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I'm ok with 50 miles one way to the Oasis. We ate their at Round-up three or four years ago - good varied menu and great view.

I am apprehensive about more driving miles for the group. I want to go. I also want to go to the Nimitz museum In Fredericksburg on Sunday.
I do need a head count.
I have a no more stuff plan. I have done the basics.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I just booked my room with Rachel, very nice and helpful.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Ya know, I am illiterate, stupid, dumb, and retarded, but....I am an internet wizard. Not !
Would anyone care to make a pre-rally cruise run ? We can do some "plan B routes".
This is Fiero country.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Parts swap would be good too !!
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I, too, have booked my room.
Lookin forward to it.
Mike
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
Parts swap would be good too !!

Anyone want to play the 'White Elephant' game ?
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I already have a Fiero, I dont know if I could afford the up keep on one. Just ask PT Barnum
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I am going to edit my very first post to include all the factual details. This will be for easy reference and will be updated regularly. I should have had this set up from the get go so the curious that are undecided would look back for the details instead of reading five pages of text to put them together.
If someone would be so kind and give me a cut and paste map of the route that would be great.
From Kerrville, Park Road 27 west to Ingram. Continuing west on 39 through Hunt to 187. South to Vanderpool passing the Lost Maples State Park Entrance to 337. East on 337 to Medina. North back to Kerrville. I would like as close of a view as possible to highlight the curves. One which would include the rivers (Guadelupe and Sabinal) would also be great.
Give me some time to format my edit.
Also, in your PFF surfing, if you would include this linky Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally in your posts, perhaps we can attract more interest.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I have two heads to count three if you want to get nasty....

you figure that out!
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
TXGOOD and others these are the wheels from a 1984 Celebrity 14"X6.5 5 on100mm's These are why I was in the Rally area yesterday.

I havent cleaned them yet. and I only have two mounted to test fit.

Cliff i will call and make my reservations today without fail.

Joe Crawford
Pointblank, Tx
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Joe
Those look pretty good.
Mike
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Along with a head count I would also like an idea of which Fiero you are brining. Please remind me of how it is equipped. 38ooSC, T top, chop top, whatever. I will be updating this in the first post also. We will have other car enthusiasts viewing this thread. I want to entice them to come. Here is a chance to show our pride. A pic would also be nice.
Imagine, a car show where only Fieros are eligible to win, .
Thanks revin for the head count.
Looking forward to seeing you Joe. Those wheels do look good, hmmm. Hey, how were the Fiero pickings at Eckert and Son's ?
CenTexIndy, who was wanting that steering wheel ?
Remember all. Post your needs and desires. Someone might be able to bring it along.
EDIT
I can put these in the first post also and update them.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
1985 GT V-6
The only thing new on mine are the wheels.
Mike
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Just yourself Mike ?
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I`m probably going to bring one of my sons, too.
It`s my oldest one`s turn but he has a job now so
he will probably be working, but put me down for
2 people for now.
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
I'm bringing myself so just one here.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Well Cliff you have my picture with the wheels on it. I am gonna try to bring it on the Rally, but I do have a lot to finish up before then. The heat is then killer here. You can work in the early am, and after 7pm. After 1030 my garage is to hot to work in even with the big door open. I am a mower, and early am is the time of the day I have to cut the yards and stuff, or run the tractor if that is what I have set up for the day. That can eat your Fiero work time.
1986 SE 2.5 Duke, 0 miles on new engine. New GM clutch. new rear brakes, new AC comprerssor. 1984 Celebrity Alloy wheels. Short stubb shifter.

Do you want a pic of my wifes Elantra with the exellent AC? Looks like we might have to come in it. AC being a prerequisite to getting to come.

Joe Crawford
Pointblank, Tx

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-30-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Another tempting and interesting possibility. Cascade Caverns. Forty seven miles away. Again, another great drive. A forty five minute stroll through the cave. Perhaps better for those that want to get back early on Sunday. This is our rally. Perhaps we should put this to a vote. Only Scott (and I) seemed enthusiastic about the Admiral Nimitz museum. We can do anything. Plenty here to do. What would you like to do ?
Saturday night also. A drive out to Medina Lake () or perhaps Luckenbach, Tx. ? Thirty five miles, forty five minutes. Again, another great drive.
EDIT
Cascade Caverns has a 100 foot water fall.

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I've never been to Luckenbach might be fun. I would enjoy the cave deal too. Been to Natural Bridge Caverns 3 times.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Luckenbach
Looks like it is free in cost that night
??????
I will get back with them on that.
EDIT
It seems as though it is free from 1:00 till 3:00. I will have to call for the evenings activities.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Cliff
You might want to start an impromtu itenerary
just so we kind of know what the basic plans
are.
Maybe map out the basic Friday night meet
and greet and whatever you have sort of finalized
for the weekend and then expand from there.
Just a thought
Mike
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I was gonna say that
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps you missed my post. I have edited the very first post, creating an itinerary. To be finalized still because I need a head count.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock