Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
The Po Po award is final.
wifey says I should just go ahead and order it in my size.
I will do that but it might have to be exchanged for the correct size and mailed to the poor loser/winner.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-02-2007).]

IP: Logged
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Ok I am less than a year here, and a PO PO award is a?

Joe
Texas

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 09-02-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Every year, someone, for some reason, attracts the attention of the local law enforcement. We have finally decided to give out official recognition.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Leroy, are you driving Blackdeath? I want to update my front page. It will be great to have a choptop represented in the show, . How many persons will be with you?

Yes, I am bringing #13 but I am trying to get away from the blackdeath name due to the images it puts in my wifes head because of the way I drive and the car...
I am still trying to settle on a name but it is not the highest priority right now. I will probably be alone unless my son is able to make it.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Will a Ruckus historian with the time provide me the urls for Ruckus II and III. Also to proof read my other links to other Ruckus events to be sure it is the official thread.
Just a little filler I want, to drum up commitments and interest to commit. I could not find the links.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Revin wanted a tease.
Kerrville Trivia
Founded in 1848 as "Brownsborough," the city was renamed Kerrville in 1856 when it became the county seat.

Kerrville is home to H-E-B's (the H. E. Butt Grocery Company) first store which opened in 1905, by Florence Butt.

Kerrville was home to "The Father of Country Music" Jimmie Rodgers.

Kerrville is the home of world-famous jeweler James Avery, ex-NFL players: William Fifer (Detroit Lions 1978), Mike Dyal (Oakland Raiders 1989-90), and John Teltschik (Philadelphia Eagles 1986-90), pro-golfer John Mahaffey (1978 PGA Champion), as well as 2006 Texas gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman, and “Hagi” Hagigholam founder of the successful food chain Mamacita's, drummer John Ike Walton of the 13th Floor Elevators, and actor Thomas Haden Church.

Kerrville is the home of the Texas Lions Camp,the Echo Hill Ranch summer camp, and Thousand Hills Cowboy Church which holds free rodeo events.

Kerrville is home to Mooney Aircraft, which was established its sole factory in Kerrville over 50 years ago and still manufactures new airplanes and parts at the same location.

Kerrville is home to Schreiner University, a private 4-year college university which was established in 1923 by an ex-Texas Ranger, Captain Charles Schreiner. In 1981, the school was listed as one of the top regional liberal arts colleges in the Western U.S. by U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges Guide. [3]

Kerrville is also home to the Official Texas Arts & Crafts Fair which features over 180 artisans displaying their work under large tents in concert with a variety of Texas entertainers and great food.

Thing are going well with the planning. More teasing to come. The first post will be changing all the time.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Kerrville was home to "The Father of Country Music" Jimmie Rodgers.

I will have to confess....I am no Country Music fan. I do like country twang and Americana but, who the heck is Jimmie Rodgers?

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

I will have to confess....I am no Country Music fan. I do like country twang and Americana but, who the heck is Jimmie Rodgers?

GIT A ROPE, Ther's gonna be a hangin'!!!

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 09-02-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I am staying on top of the motel situation. To grab an extra block of rooms if need be.
Granted, I am working with weekend staff. I will have to say I am impressed. If you have to speak with Elise, you are in good hands. We have seven rooms booked out of twenty.
I have to say this. I am impressed with this motel. Do not let the price fool you. This is not a budget motel. I checked the budget motels. This is not one. Read the "about us" linky. They have the availability for us, but, they only have 10 king bedded rooms. Some that book kings may get a double bedded room.
Now, if you need/want that king, call the morning of arrival because that is when they evaluate bookings.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by texasfiero:
GIT A ROPE, Ther's gonna be a hangin'!!!

Don't need a rope. Plenty of rope swings (straight hanging ropes) hanging over the river, .

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Every year, someone, for some reason, attracts the attention of the local law enforcement. We have finally decided to give out official recognition.

Sometimes a person is just poking along below the speed limit in a bone stock GT and completely sober and they get picked on by the po po despite the other intoxicated drag racers with big supercharged motors around him... But am I bitter?? (well yes a little)

My Indy is currently no-go so it will be my bone stock GT again and since we picked a Non-Custodial weekend I will be alone.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Will one of the North Texas bunch make sure Lloyd (fastfieros) knows of this event?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by texmark:
Will it be a TSD or gimmick rally (or really just a "tour")?

Both. I want to keep all from being bunched up so they can tour. My thinking is to set loose a group of five Fieros every five minutes. The same with our guest vehicles.
Will someone linky me a TSD guideline ? The principle seems to fit my desires.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

I ask that you help me plan this to be memorable event.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Sometimes a person is just poking along below the speed limit in a bone stock GT and completely sober and they get picked on by the po po despite the other intoxicated drag racers with big supercharged motors around him... But am I bitter?? (well yes a little)

My Indy is currently no-go so it will be my bone stock GT again and since we picked a Non-Custodial weekend I will be alone.

WAIT WAIT WAIT---I was not intoxicated when I drug Revin and his poor little fastback down the road from a roll. I mean if you would have seen the whole thing, I wouldnt even have called it a race. It was all the 20 INCH BLING that got you pulled over and cavity searched or maybe the guy reconized the car from the movie and was just wanting to get an autograph.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Well after this weekend, Just pencil me in.

I will probally NOT go now.

Still, everyone have a good time............

See ya'll later.......
------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 09-03-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Impossible if you are not here. You are some part of everyone aren't you ?
Sorry to hear it revin. Don't give up hope.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Well after this weekend, ......

Yeah, PM at you.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Don't just leave us high and dry revin. Post a pic of your beast for me for my advertisement purposes.
I was looking at your sig. Now I am gonna have to change 3800SC members to Supercharged 3800.

Note to all. Post any and all Fiero pics of your proud one. We know each other but we are not the only ones that will be viewing this thread.
I have failed this year. A big disappointment to me, . I was hoping to develop a method where in our rallies could pay for themselves. Every year. With a web page selling advertising. Think about it. Almost a year of viewership. 3800 (supercharged) hits.
Post your pics. We can attract more perticipants and make a case for selling advertising.

Now, I have asked for some help here and there. I am not getting it. This is our rally. To be made better each year. How do we move forward?

A sad note here. I went to help a Damsel in distress. I found a route view to kill for. Plans are too set to include it (unless some would like to take a second route, a little later. Shorter, maybe 40 miles total). I am hoping to be able to film that route for revin's tease request. Titled "What you won't see".

I am going out of town for a few days. I will be doing phone work and hope to post, but....
I also hope to find maryjane but that is probably not gonna be possible on my part. If possible, it will happen.
I want to see Loyde, you too Jazzman, who am I forgetting?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-04-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Now, I have asked for some help here and there. I am not getting it.

I must acknowledge that I have been helped also.
This is our rally. We are gonna make it happen.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Everyday, more than once a day, I look at the first post. I perfect it as best I know how. I like it but not good enough.
Suggestions please !
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Well after this weekend, Just pencil me in.

I will probally NOT go now.

See ya'll later.......

What happen, get to much sand in your crack?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
urls please for Ruckus II and III, and also for the Heart of Texas Fiero Club.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
jstricker...if you can't come, you can't come. Please linky me a pic of your Roadster that I can cut and paste.
hehehe....I am trying to set up my first post as the front page. I want to use a pic of your Roadster. Not really as a bait and switch because.....

Originally posted by jstricker:
If you were a VERY GOOD SON you'd just pay for my room and I might bring the Roadster down....................
John Stricker

.....I have you as undecided, .
Have you ever been on the cover of the Rolling Stones ? Yeah, me either.
, pic please. Attendance please. (You have a PM)
EDIT
Me the dummy.
Linky to your Roadster thread will work better.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-04-2007).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post

urls please for Ruckus II and III, and also for the Heart of Texas Fiero Club.

http://fiero.kre8itvideo.com/

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Miata Linky

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-06-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
C'mon guys, suggest me a linky that captures the Fiero uniqueness and excitement. History, whatever.
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

C'mon guys, suggest me a linky that captures the Fiero uniqueness and excitement. History, whatever.

I dunno, but these Fieros are pretty exciting

http://home.mchsi.com/~b.butt/RacingFieros.htm
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I'm really wanting to go...but as of right now...all I can give is a maybe...maybe not.
Both my kids have soccer games every Saturday until sometime mid November.
I'd really be in the doghouse if i left my wife with both kids/games to deal with for a "Fiero weekend".
IF...a really big if...I do make it,I'll be tent camping wherever I can find a place to set up camp.

*Edit*...Just had a thought...maybe I can talk my parents into keeping the kids that weekend,and taking them to their soccer games,and I can bring my wife.HMMM...time will tell.lol.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

[This message has been edited by dcfox (edited 09-04-2007).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
CliffW, did you get my message about the map?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Yes I did. I responded but now I am thinking I did not hit Send Private Message. I am thinking I was gonna get one more bit of information and got busy. I bet, since you did not get a return PM, my reply is still sitting in a window waiting for me to send it. I am on the road. Let me duplicate it.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

pending Solstice forum moderator approval
Greetings fellow driving enthusiasts.
My name is Cliff and I will be hosting the sixth annual Red River Ruckus. A meet, greet, and compete with fellow Pontiac Fieros, this year in Kerrville.
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally. Visit this thread for complete details.
This year we wish to invite some Solstice/Sky owners to share in our fun. We all have in common driving excitement. I have a great cruise planned but I can not find clubs local to me whose members might be interested. Members from every Fiero club in Texas will attend our Ruckus along with out of state Fiero enthusiasts.
Many Fiero owners are interested in your obsession. I am sure you will be interested in ours. Not to mention just the cruise route is worth the effort.
Could you please give me some linkys to some local to me Solstice/Sky clubs in my area?
My thanks to you, enjoy.
Cliff

Linky coming soon.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity back to first page
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
No linky, my thread never showed up. A moderator was to determine if I was a spy-bot or an ad-bot first. So.....I went in a side door.

I went in the side door
An 86 Pontiac Fiero GT, an 87 Pontiac Fiero Gt, an 88 Pontiac Fiero Gt T top, an 83 Jeep CJ7, a 70 Chevy SWB Fleetside P/U, and a riding lawn mower,
I am a newb to your forum. My first new thread, my first post, was to be approved by a moderator to determine if I was an ad-bot/spy-bot. Which I am not. My thread was supposed top show up. It did not.
Can you help me? I just want to spread some excietment. I would like to see my thread pop up. Sorry for the hijack but I did respond to the thread topic. My original thread below.

Rockin Red River Ruckue Road Rally

Greetings fellow driving enthusiasts.
My name is Cliff and I will be hosting the sixth annual Red River Ruckus. A meet, greet, and compete with fellow Pontiac Fieros, this year in Kerrville.
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally. Visit this thread for complete details.
This year we wish to invite some Solstice/Sky owners to share in our fun. We all have in common driving excitement. I have a great cruise planned but I can not find clubs local to me whose members might be interested. Members from every Fiero club in Texas will attend our Ruckus along with out of state Fiero enthusiasts.
Many Fiero owners are interested in your obsession. I am sure you will be interested in ours. Not to mention just the cruise route is worth the effort.
Could you please give me some linkys to some local to me Solstice/Sky clubs in my area?
My thanks to you, enjoy.
Cliff

Perhaps I do not understand this forum. I am a newb here.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Solstice linky

The Miata and Solstice invite linkys are in the first post for easy reference.

Remember, the first post is the up to date details. Check it often for changes. The dates of the Ruckus will not change.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-06-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Well, we are now on Cliff's "Events Calendar" above the topic pages.
Bump to the top.
Slow interest in the guest invites....? Hmm....
Those who have not updated details in the Fiero Attendees list please do so. At least the head count.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
The good news is....we are gonna have games.
The bad news is....you do not get a prize unless you win.
The good news is....it will be easy to win.
The bad news is....one win will not win you a prize.
The good news is...what a hella prize.
The bad news is, there is only one prize.
The good news is...it is a point system.
The bad news is...you are gonna have to play every game, .
The good news is that I am eligible.
The bad news is that I am the judge.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-07-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Slow interest in the guest invites....? Hmm....

You are not scared of real excitement...or are you ?
hehehehehe, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Mooz Mooz or Zoom Zoom ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-07-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Well, it appears we may have no Solstice attendees. They are running the twisties that weekend in Arkansas. On a better note, they will be back here in Kerrville in early November for their 3rd annual Kerrville run.
Kerrville is that good, , .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock