Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
What is the Spirit of the Ruckus Award at now ?
We can get some more people to enjoy.
Pledge people, pledge.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-26-2007).]

IP: Logged
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

What is the Spirit of the Ruckus Award at now ?
We can get some more people to enjoy.
Pledge people, pledge.

Uh...

... What is that?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
Uh...
... What is that?

Just a voluntary donation of cash. To entice far travelers to travel. From the east, from the west, from the north, from Mars, . It can be split between who ever.
Many people have wanted to come join us. It is in the spirit that we invite them.

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for $5.00.

I would love to see a bunch of Fieros at this.

------------------

http://youtube.com/watch?v=blM-6FK1G1k

hobodude34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Direct Link to This Post
Ok i wont be able to make the Ruckus this year.. i have a bad tranny leak.. its the munice 5spd.. and have to take it out and apart to figure it out.
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
Tim that video was great and stealing the music was a good choice.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Here is a list of the cars we will view. All in pristine condition.
1931 Ford P/U........................$34,500
1939 Dodge............................$23, 500
1939 Ford...............................$39,500
1951 Chevy P/U.......................$23,500
1955 T-Bird..............................$34,500
1962 Ford 2dr HT......................$10,500
1967 Camaro RS convertible......$21,500
1967 Camaro RS.......................$21,500
1967 Camaro SS 396................$32,500
1969 Camaro Z28......................$42,500
1970 Chevelle 454.....................$26,500
1972 GMC P/U..........................$18,500
1974 Rolls Royce.......................$10,500
1968 Torino GT.........................$16,500
1978 Trans Am.........................$15,500
1946 Ford P/U..........................$16,500
1968 Skylark convertible............$16,500
1968 Dodge Charger.................$26,500
1970 Bonneville.........................$11,500
1993 Blazer 454........................$10,500
1995 Mustang SHO....................$5,500
1966 Cobra............................$39,500
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I`ll take the 1968 Dodge Charger.
The Cobra must be a replica with that price.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
The Cobra must be a replica with that price.

It sure is nice. Seems as if I remember seeing owners manuals and such laying on the seats. They could also be replicas. The guy is a stand up business owner. He did not represent it as original. I am quoting from a hand written rough inventory. Many of these may be clones. The prices seem lower than what I think I remember from Barrett Jackson's auto auctions. They are all very very nice though and housed indoors. A worthy stop and free, .
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hobodude34:

Ok i wont be able to make the Ruckus this year.. i have a bad tranny leak.. its the munice 5spd.. and have to take it out and apart to figure it out.

Sorry to hear you are having tranny problems and won't make it. Do you have a Muncie 282? Around here we call that one the Getrag so as not to confuse it with the 4 speed Muncie.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-27-2007).]

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
That's my fault. It is the Getrag....but I referred to it as the Muncie for sooooo many years before I discovered this forum that I still call it that. Corey has my old 86 SE and does have the 5-spd Getrag (Muncie) in it.
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Still trying to contact Mr. blakeinspace regarding Ruckus room reservations ("RRR" ).
PM sent.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Still trying to contact Mr. blakeinspace regarding Ruckus room reservations ("RRR" ).
PM sent.

I spoke with Blake. He is on vacation and has been away from the computer. He will share a room with you Chuck but has not made reservations. Go ahead and make them.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Well, as per the front page, the Solstice club will be running the twisties in Arkansas our weekend. Although they are coming to Kerrville in November. For their 3rd annual Kerrville run, (hint hint, ). It appears that the Miata club from Houston is...uhhh...coming to Kerrville to...

Houston club post
We have been down in the dumps lately and we need Kerrville to soothe our souls...

....the weekend after our Ruckus. So, many Miatas that would have made our rally run likely will not be here.
We will have some join us. They are nice performing machines. Of course I love the looks of the Fiero better but beauty is only skin deep.

My preferred Saturday night dining spot can not accommodate 50 extra people. It is a shame. a beautiful place. Not to worry, it just has a small kitchen although the food is good. We are more than welcome but I do not want long delays in ordering/eating. We may stop in later and enjoy the evening on the deck and the great live music. I believe there will be no cover charge. I need to be sure we will go before I ask.
Kerrville is a great live music spot. The Hill Country in general is. Bandera, Austin (being the most popular/bigger acts), Fredericksburg, and many other spots. I don't get out much what with being gone often, being married, and married to one that does not care to but cares if I do, . (That does not stop me much but I like to be home). The only other nightlife that I can think of would be camping/boating/fishing. Despite what the Houston Miata club says about Kerrville....

Houston club post
What is Kerrville? Its a small town Where Miatas go to lick their wounds...

...it is and it is not. We have Lowes, Home Depot, Chilis, all the fast food joints, and small town treasures.
I have other ideas for our Saturday night. Again, I will bring up an idea.

I am proposing a second cruise route. Along a scenic highway around Medina Lake. To the Oasis. Menu clicky at that site. The Oasis is just a short bit from Medina Lake dam. The forth largest in the USA. The Oasis and dam are also the closest part of the lake to San Antonio. Much more lake activity...boats, bikinis, fun.

Traveling this route .....url too long to compress. Help me out again Ray. Kerrville to Mico. Any can MapQuest it. 50 miles, one hour five minutes (one way). More roads, more scenery.

Originally posted by sanderson:
I'm ok with 50 miles one way to the Oasis. We ate their at Round-up three or four years ago - good varied menu and great view.

Could I get a show of hands please? There are more options here in Kerrville. MAMACITA'S being a nice one.

Originally posted by skyketch2:...Round-Up X thread

**** SATURDAY NITE DINNER ****
For all those who want to intice their better half to attend the event (or maybe just the dinner!) . . . Saturday night dinner will be at Paesano’s Riverwalk on the Riverwalk! http://www.paesanosriverwal...fault.aspx?pageID=13 This is a very upscale restaurant…so Revin needs to be on his best behavior!

Robert W. has arranged for a special banquet price of $25 per person. This includes entrée, tea, tax and the gratuity....really is a good value. The two entrée choices are:
1) Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken or
2) Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage, Grilled Veggies and Two Cheeses.

I am looking for $15.00 or less. We are gonna need a big kitchen and kitchen staff. It seems that banquet/buffet is the way to go. I am thinking Fajitas. Beef and chicken with trimmings.
So, do not worry about voting no for the Oasis. Just vote. Mamacita's not being the alternative. I have others.

I also know that some will like to get an early start home. How many people will be interested in the Nimitz museum ?

I should report, the Admiral Nimitz museum is looking like a good don't miss venue.
While in my research, I found that the entry is fee is $7.00., Vets get in for $6.00, but that we can get in for $5.00 with a group of 20 or more. They say it's a worthy 3 hour tour and there are some great things to see. In my research of the Admiral Nimitz museum, I found that we have an open pass to the Pacific Combat Zone exhibit. I am not sure if it's on the same grounds but we are welcomed at no charge. I understand it is interesting also.

A show of hands please.

ehh, what else. ehh, I am typed out for now. Let me reflect.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

You choose and anything under $15.00 would be reasonable for this group. You will never, never, never make everyone happy! I would like to go to the museum. But, I wanted black T-Shirts, so there you go, what do I know?

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
hobodude34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Direct Link to This Post
anyone wanna help me fix her uP? lol i cant find parts/gaskets for it...
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Put a post in the Mall section stating what you are looking for. That should help. May not be a bad idea to do the same in the Tech section also.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

anyone wanna help me fix her uP? lol i cant find parts/gaskets for it...

I wanna help. I have been thinking of what it could be.

Hmm...I have not had a standard Fiero. I have never worked on any transmission except a five speed standard from a Vega. Stupid easy. Even being a dumbass. The only tools I had was Beer, .
I don't know why you can not find parts/gaskets. I am thinking a seal. I think you will have three. An input shaft and a seal on each trans axle.
We need more information. When did this leak happen ? How quick did it get bad ?
You do know that with a leak the fluid is low. You gotta top it off, get it to a pressure washer, clean it, and then just look for the leak first. BEFORE you drop the engine/tranny cradle and just remove and rebuild. Strandard trannys are tough. I can not see a rebuild unless I hear grinding or it pops outta gear.
We need more info.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by fieroseblack:
Cliff, You will never, never, never make everyone happy!

I am used to failure. Failure is just another opportunity to succeed. I only need to make me happy, .

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Anyone around Austin have a set of stock spindles for an '85?
Cliff, I just sent you a PM
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Returned.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, I haven`t seen where the t-shirts are a definate but if they are I will take 3
1-XL
1-L
1-M
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Well, it looks like funding for the T shirts is falling through. I am not done yet though. Even if I can get them partially funded I will.

I have to leave a $500.00 deposit to get the artwork started. I am going right now. As it stands, we will be looking at $20.00 a trophy shirt. Count on that. I am not done with my fund raising. They may be cheaper, they may be free.
It so happens that Fierotaz and Blackdeath will be here today. I am not sure my Pontiac dealership (main sponsor) contacts will be in today. They have been on vacation. A in and out kinda thing. I am armed with CenTexIndy's video, Blackdeath, and my commercial idea.
I am starting a thread in The Mall to simplify who gets how many of what size. I will also sell to others that can not come. I have had some requests. Sell to those that do not attend. Attendees will get every price break I can muster. As will the unfortunate few who had committed but had to cancel because of life, . I will be able to post a pic of the design as soon as it is worked up.
Look for the thread in the Mall.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Anyone around Austin have a set of stock spindles for an '85?
Cliff, I just sent you a PM

No only 88 stuff here but still no spindles
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
EDIT
I will ask about cost differences for different color shirts. So, state your color preference, .
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

EDIT
I will ask about cost differences for different color shirts. So, state your color preference, .

Orange. 2XL. And the Nimitz museum thing sounds cool if we have time.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder.
I had a block of 20 rooms set aside. Till the end of this month. We have 12 left.
I thought I acted too late in getting rooms because it seems to be a busy time here in the motel business. Hunting season preparation's, Christian Retreats, and ? what ever else. Get your rooms guys. Our rate will be good till the end of the rally but...I may not be able to guarantee you a room at the Whitten. It is a good price. I will be able to find you a room, maybe most likely. Cost...?....?
We all like to room together, so to speak.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Orange. 2XL. And the Nimitz museum thing sounds cool if we have time.

Wrong thread. Look in the Mall.
EDIT
+ one for the Nimitz museum.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-28-2007).]

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
So 2 weeks out what do you have to get done on your car? I'm doing a hover convertion on mine, with the no friction to the ground I heard gets better gas milege.(I wish) I just put in a new shift cable and it is wonderful. Just wondering what every one else was working on.
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
What Daniel forget to mention is he only has it worked out so that the front of his car can hover... there have been alot of flipping over issues

Here's my project:
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by green87:

So 2 weeks out what do you have to get done on your car? I'm doing a hover convertion on mine, with the no friction to the ground I heard gets better gas milege.(I wish) I just put in a new shift cable and it is wonderful. Just wondering what every one else was working on.

The only thing I am looking to have done before the show is reducing the heat that comes thru the firewall when the windows are down. So, I will be pulling the rear header, wrapping it and adding a stock heat shield. Then if I have time, adding some insulation to the inside of the firewall to see if it will help. Of course, I am sure something else will go wrong with my car between now and the show.
PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by to see Cliff on my way to Austin, here are a few teaser pic's...

You can see Cliff ducking down to get in the car and back it up..

FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I just reserved my room. Cliff, please update the first page with my info, 88 GT with 3.4 DOHC. If there are going to be T shirts, I will take an XL and a M. See you all there.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

You can see Cliff ducking down to get in the car and back it up..

Yay...I got to drive it, . An experience getting in the suicide doors. I should have done it twice. The one pic looks like I am hunched over. It was not the roof line. He caught me getting out.
It was great to meet you Leroy. See if you can give me a heads up on what your A/C needs. Let me know about the spindles asap as I am going to pull parts anyway and am waiting till I know if you need mine. No rush, you are not holding me up.

Chris, I updated the front page. I will add you to the T-shirt thread.
REMINDER
Post your sizes in the Red River Ruckus Trophy Shirt thread in the Mall.

I am gonna have the front page updated Sunday night with more definite details.
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
And I am bringing the wifey along too.
Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
I was talking to Tom the other day. Merrill ain't going to be able to make. There is still one more guy up here who isn't sure if he'll make it or not. I had Tom give him the info I got off the first page of the thread.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dgzfiero:
I was talking to Tom the other day. Merrill ain't going to be able to make.

Yeah yeah yeah, I hear that all the time. Tell Merrill not to read tomorrows post as he will just feel worse for not making it, , J/K.
I wish he could come.

I want to know one thing. Who volunteered me for this job ? I need to buy that man a beer.
Well, tonight, I did some research. Exposing myself to the environment you will have to endure. I stopped at my preferred place...

My preferred Saturday night dining spot can not accommodate 50 extra people. It is a shame. a beautiful place.

... to see about evening entertainment. The establishment has a nice ambiance. Nice deck, over the Guadelupe river, live music, no cover, reasonable prices ($2.00 beer...alcohol available). I enjoyed a beer tonight there. I needed to beat the co-eds off with a stick. I did not have one, saving the one between my legs for my wife, , (sometimes she needs a beating). The live band was good. 'Cept, they played other peoples music...which is expected from upstarting bands. I did not stay long, they might have some original stuff. It was classic rock.
I then went to the Back Porch Cantina. A side business of Cafe Riverstone. I gotta tell 'ya. I am impressed with their desire to have us. I spoke with a few people and sat back and enjoyed a beer. As I was leaving I was approached by coordinators wanting to host us. We spoke. I told 'em I wanted a $15.00 meal, we wanted to congregate, we wanted to enjoy. They were taking notes.
They have three Chefs. Chefs, not cooks. We can have what ever we want. Fish but, not fresh caught by us on their banks on the Guadelupe River. Food has to be from an approved source. Looks like a "all you can eat buffet of fajitas, chicken/beef, with trimmings is the best deal. Ala carte available. Think chefs. If it is not on the menu, just ask (me, in advance). Hey, this is our Ruckus. Suggestions please. Chicken ? Burgers? Liver and Onions, ?
Anyway, I was impressed. Not only with their attention. Their music venue was more rock-a-billy Kerrville. Hill Country music. The stuff you can hear on Sixth Street in Austin. Or, Luckenbach. I am a classic rock and roll hound but I have come to have a strong appreciation for country twang, progressive country, country rock, Texas blues, Americana. This is their niche. Another plus...Revolution Radio, and Cafe Riverstone (Back Porch Cantina) team up a lot. I have been working with Revolution Radio with our Ruckus.
Now it is not a done deal. I am not done yet.
So, it was a little later and I went back to Guadelupe River Club. With a stick. It was just not big enough, . I wanted to do some more drinking...ummm...research, . I had to wait in line to get a beer. I left. I am still gonna check into Luckenbach and a few other places. Actually, Bandera seems to be a more happening spot. Then again, we do not need a crowd. We will be a crowd.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-30-2007).]

moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by green87:

I'm still in the process of converting mine to a manual. With luck, it will be done today...
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Holy waterfall Batman, what a sweet looking car!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:
Holy waterfall Batman, what a sweet looking car!

Stay tuned to the same Bat channel at the same Bat time. There will be many more pics of it in the Ruckus recap thread.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock