Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
No sponsor salesmanship advice ???
I have some appointments today. This is a big part of free.
Ehhhh, I have been winging this whole thing anyway. I can pull this off also. Advice will help.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-12-2007).]

IP: Logged
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
If you are selling something for us....let the person you are talking to know that the vast majority of the Fiero people are very loyal once they find a good dealer/vendor. Word can spread rapidly once a few of us find a product that we like.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

I t/w Jazzman yesterday, and he will not be coming to this Ruckus.

I also t/w Loyde. His schedule is such right now that his is not certain he can attend.
He did seem genuinely pleased that you wanted to make sure that he was personally invited.

If I heard correctly, I think PC and her bf will attending.

I have booked a room, if it works out that someone needs a roommate, LMK, and I will cancel my reservation.

-edit-
Your attendees list has Doug Goldsby down 2x. He's a nice guy... but I think I can only handle one of him around
and JohnF is last name spelled 'Fussell'

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 09-12-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
For those that know me, they know I would rather take an a$$ whoopin than wear a tie. At least I did not take an a$$ whoopin in a tie. I had a good day. It was frustrating but I always expect that. It was also encouraging. I again girded the lions tonight and went back out on the sell trail. Without a tie, . Today...offers hope.
Gee guys, this is fun.

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
If I heard correctly, I think PC and her bf will attending.

I will await official notice in this, the official thread, .
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Hellol All;

Been a little out of sorts lately. I guess I let my job and a little medical get the best of me. I will be there Saturday and Sunday. Whitten Inn confirmed. Sharon may come up for a little with two of the Grandchildren, just depends. We have Grandchildren sitting duty for our Daughter and SIL from Tyler that weekend. Mostly it will be just me. Please come Revin so you and I can hang! I know you want to swing with the old timer....if you can keep up!

Thanks to Cliff and Scott for keeping me in the loop despite myself. Any T-SHIRTS? I will take two of XL. Need Ruckus shirts!

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Mike, you have a PM...in a minute.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I am not a rally veteran but...I see newbs, .
Hazing comes to mind, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by cliffw:
What are we gonna see new this year ?
Anyone care to tell us your newest unveilings ?

What are you bringing ?

Who else can add some yellow to the first post ?
We need to support the Fiero world.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-13-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
jccott1, I have you down as coming in a 87 GT. I think I guessed at that.
Update the facts for posterity. For the archives, .
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

jccott1, I have you down as coming in a 87 GT. I think I guessed at that.
Update the facts for posterity. For the archives, .

His car is an 88 GT
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was in paint.
He said something like maybe only his Indy might be running.
It may have changed, I dunn know.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-13-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by dcfox:
I'm really wanting to go...but as of right now...all I can give is a maybe...maybe not.

I notice that Humberto became a hurricane and paid you a visit.
How did you make out ?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Looks like one heck of a good time, wish it was closer so I could attend.

------------------
Ron

Never, never do anything or wear things that you don't want to have to explain to Paramedics, it can get very embarassing. They talk!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

8) Blake Moore (blakeinspace) in a Fiero

Thats all I know.
C'mon peeps, I want specs. Give me others specs if you know them. My first post is gonna be viewed by potential sponsors.
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey, cliffw, I'm parting out a fully loaded GT (not the one in the accident) and it's got a good d-side mirror. If you'd like it, you can have it. If anyone needs parts as well, I may have 'em. Help moleman get his car on the road
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
T-SHIRTS = OLD THANG....BLACK IN COLOR = TRADITION..........WITH POCKETS = NEW THANG!

COOL, NOW I WILL HAVE A PLACE FOR MY POCKET PROTECTOR THANG! OR ALL THAT LINT STUFF I BEEN KEEPING IN MY JEAN"S POCKETS.

OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE.

On a serious note, I had my hard drive crash and lost lots of my AAFO contacts information. If you see this please send me a E-Mail so I can re-build the file. Send to fierose@gvtc.com. Ken, Heidi, Ron, Juston, Edith, Glen and others, all lost in cyberspace.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

8) Blake Moore (blakeinspace) in a Fiero

Thats all I know.

Isn't his an 85GT?

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
No no Blake drives a 98 Infinity Fiero lowerd with a big wing.
Oh yeah and Cliffw mine is an 86se if you want to change it I don't care.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:
Any T-SHIRTS?

I have been mum on this.
EDIT
Blake had an altrernate powered Fiero I thought. I forget.
He called me yesterday but I was too busy to talk. I called him back but did not reach him. I will call him again today.
It was not Blake I wondered about. I want all the specs.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-14-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Oh yeah, I almost forgot.
We are gonna have games. I may have said this but prizes will be on the point system. Sorta like the ?NASCAR?Winston Cup? championship. You will have to play them all to have a chance at winning the prize(s).
Game suggestions are needed.
One I am gonna have is a scavenger hunt. A questionaire to answer. I am gonna drive all the incoming routes and pick some umm...sights of some type. Along the cruise route will be others. The live radio remote is out but the DJs may speak to us enroute, giving more point worthy answers.
This rally is free but game prize donations are more than welcome. PM me, keep the prizes surprises, .

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by moleman_in_a_FieroGT:
Hey, cliffw, I'm parting out a fully loaded GT (not the one in the accident) and it's got a good d-side mirror. If you'd like it, you can have it. If anyone needs parts as well, I may have 'em.

See, as improbable as it seems, my 88 suffered hail damage awhile back. It was a pretty bad hail storm. My 88 was parked on my ramp trailer at about a 30 degree angle. A pelt of hail broke the glass on my drivers mirror. The mirror housing/works is good. jscoot1 told me it was an easy fix. I thought that any mirror glass would work and I have some. When I went to fix it I think i can only use power mirror glass. If your d-side mirror is power (fully loaded) I will take it. Also, I hit a deer in my 87 busting the passenger side power mirror. I used a replacement from my 84 SE but the plugs are different (why why why, ). I would take that one also.
I don't mean take. I will trade you something or more. I should have plenty to help you get back on the road.
Fact is, I have a decent complete 86 GT. I just don't want to part it and take another Fiero off the road. I did tell you that yours would buff out with help from my 86 but I was thinking sell at a good price. And I still would hate to think that it would be parted out. Anyway, I want the 86 gone. It is just sitting. The tires had air but they have popped/deteriorated/are crap.
I am gonna put it on the front page as for sale. If it don't...well...who knows. Anyway, give me a list of the parts you can use

Originally posted by moleman_in_a_FieroGT:
Help moleman get his car on the road

You did see I put you on the front page, .
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
Isn't his an 85GT?

You and I have chased each other thousands of miles across this great nation... and you don't remember I drive an '88 black Formula?
Shame on you!

Cliff, sorry I missed your call, Jazzy & I were at supper and like an 80+ crotch rocket bike gang pulled into Cabana. It was crazy (and exciting)... like 13 cruisers showed up and started harassing the bikers... it was loud and cool all at the same time. Anyway, call me today when you get a chance (nothin' big, I just wanted to ask one more Q about the Ruckus 'distance' prize). Good luck with the carport. That should keep those hailstones at bay!

edit- to add year for Cliff's list

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 09-14-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
You and I have chased each other thousands of miles across this great nation... and you don't remember I drive an '88 black Formula?

How could I ?
You were always behind me, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Game suggestions are needed.
One I am gonna have is a scavenger hunt.

Another is a TSD rally. Time Speed Distance. The cruise will be in packs of five Fieros. Each in the pack to be awarded the same points. Pack teams decided by drawing on Meet and Greet Night.
The motivation for this is to keep all from being bunched up. So that we can drive spiritedly without slowpokes in front of us (meaning some of us ) Just being bunched up causes that. These roads are speed limited at a safe speed of course. They also have a spirited speed limit for them. Another motivation is to allow comfort room to enjoy the scenery.
The challenge of this game is to complete the two halfs of the route (distance) at the correct (legal) speed, ....or.... , at the correct time it should have taken.
The good news is that it looks like I get to drive my Fiero again. The bad news is it looks like I have to go the speed limit.

moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

You did see I put you on the front page, .

Hah, thanks It has power mirrors, so it'll work for you. The only parts I need are a rear fastback fascia, a left taillight cover, and the red/amber colored section under the taillight cover (left as well)...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Guys, I am gonna take one for the team.

I just took another one for the team, .
Wifey calls and says "there are a bunch of those little cars at the Inn of the Hills (swanky motel). They are having a car show".
So, I figure I will drive on up and enter, , . I get there and hung my head and tried to sneak off to a corner. I did not even try to get my A$$ handed to me. The show was for 1932 Fords only.
WOW .
Forty six thirty two fords. Truck style, roadster style, original condition. Wow. I spoke with the co-ordinator. There should be sixty three there tomorrow. The reason it is limited to only 32 Fords is because that was the first year of the V-8.
Feeling wounded I showed up at Culvers on an invite from Hill Country Auto Club. They have a show up gathering every Friday night. Tonight, I saw a 69 GTO, a 68 Camaro, a 56 T Bird, a 68 El Camino, a 38 (or something) Mercury, ....I should have made a list. Nice gathering.
Earlier today, I was selling our rally. That's how I got the invite. I am told we can have a 15% discount on munchies, They are delicious. The atmosphere (fellow car enthusiasts) is nice. I again got my A$$ handed to me but did get many compliments. I figure on Meet and Greet night, we will just flood the parking lot with.......
.......(CONTEST POINTS).......the correct guess of the # of Fieros that show up....
......FORTY ONE Fieros. (Forty one being my guess). Post your guess here to be eligible for points.
Also, I stopped in at R&B Classic Motors. To ask if they would bring a couple of cars to our show and shine. Their showroom is a virtual museum. I saw the difficulty of them picking some to exibit. I then asked if they would be uncomfortable with fifty people stopping in. This will be a DO NOT LEAN, DO NOT TOUCH visit. We will see. This would be at the beginning of the cruise.
I would be remiss if I did not suggest it.
EDIT
Culver's has Butter Burgers. Mmmmmm.....bacon upon request, .

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Did I hear someone say "FOOD" ?

Joe Crawford
Pointblank
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Meet and Greet update, page one.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
What happened to the Bar-B-Que guy? I was looking forward to him being there !!!

Joe
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post

I notice that Humberto became a hurricane and paid you a visit.
How did you make out ?

We made out ok...just lost a few tree limbs.
But...still no electricity.Living on generator power.

Also,sad to say...looks like I won't be making the Ruckus.Other obligations are taking priority.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Is it me? Am I imagining this...or....did maryjane and Boondawg both disappear of the face of the forum at the same time?
Have they found bliss together ?
Are they one in the same ?
Going to Dallas Monday/Tuesday and then to Houston, down IH 45 and near Cleveland. I am gonna find maryjane.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35974 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by josef644:
What happened to the Bar-B-Que guy? I was looking forward to him being there !!!
Joe

Well, I still have Saturday night not finalized. My friend is good but I am leaning towards the Guadelupe River Club. A nice place. With a nice deck overlooking the Guadelupe river. The deck on legs, common with river front property, has steps leading down to the water's bed. Where water would be if it were flooding. Right now it is a big open grassy area, landscaped, and........we might be able to put a bar-b-que pit there.
At this time, the owners are in Australia. I might have a little stroke. The owner's son, is married to the daughter of my wife's boss. My wife and I have visited at the owner's son's house a few times. In fact, he is in my debt. See, in the Great Kerrville Blizzard of 06, I delivered him beer as his driveway was iced over. His driveway is about 200 foot or so long on a steep hill. He could not even go down it as he had no way to stop.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-15-2007).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Did someone say Beer?

I had the good luck to meet TXGOOD this morning . I met him about 2 hours between my house and his, to pick up some Gray Lace wheels.They had good tires with all of the lug-nuts and centercaps. Real nice guy. I traded him cash for the wheels. My wife said I could not buy any wheels, but that I could trade him something for them. You guys have to remember this one so you can use it in a bind if you need to!! Women what do they know of trades and cars?
Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 09-15-2007).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Where are we to meet Saturday morning for the Show & Shine? I ask, as I will be driving over from Boerne in the Saturday am. I have had a couple of people ask me where, so they can come and take a gander and galk at the cars. You do not know what it is like until you have had your gander taken!

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
The Show & Shine is gonna be held at Louise Hays City Park. Under shade trees on the banks of the Guadelupe River at the corner of Hwy 16 and Spur 98. MapQuest level three or four of Kerrville will show it well.
The thing is, I asked the City Parks Dept. for permission to block off a corner. Well, they hem hawed about how they like to discourage car shows at the park. So, I asked to speak with a supervisor. I am still waiting for them to tell me no....
We have a beautiful public park. I pay taxes. You pay taxes. You don't pay Kerrville City taxes but it is not a Kerrville taxpayer park. It is a public park of which I help fund with my Kerrville City Taxes.
We are gonna have a show and shine at Louise Hays City Park. I expect an 8:00AM crowd factor of two or less, plus 41 Fieros, .

Guys, I need help with games. I will post the games on the front page. I will make the rules up as we go along, . I will also need help with making the point system. I hope to have some.....I should have some intermediate prizes but, I am gonna have a grand prize. The points winner winning the Grand Prize.
In a previous post, I mentioned a scavenger hunt type game. I will detail it on the front page. It is gonna take some time to figure it out though and I will tweak it up until the Wednesday before the Ruckus. Those rules will be final. Help me keep them sensible and fair.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-15-2007).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Here's yur smilie

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post

I expect an 8:00AM crowd factor of two or less, plus 41 Fieros, .

Woah I'm only 25 I don't go to bed at 10pm like some of you old fokes I can't wake up that early. j/k
procarnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for procarnutSend a Private Message to procarnutDirect Link to This Post
I'm turning 40 next month and I know you don't have to get up if you don't go to bed....just don't pass out while you drive.

So green87...new girlfriend yet?....Bringing her? If not I have someone for you to meet this friday........at the races.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Wow, they are right. Memory gets lost with old age. I forgot it is past my bed time, .
Ok, forty Fieros. I just don't know how you are gonna be able to make up for lost Scavenger hunt points.
There are winners, there are losers. .
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I thought it was in paint.
He said something like maybe only his Indy might be running.
It may have changed, I dunn know.

Thanks for the update Stephen... The 88GT is presently up (new ign module and tach filter) and the Indy is down (ECM troubles). The chop top is in primer. By next month, who knows which one will be road worthy.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock