Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 15)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
The extended weather forecast is great. No rain, lows near the low 70's, highs in the 80's.

Sadly, I can not give you the moon. Well, the real moon. The sky is so pretty out here.
"The stars are big and bright, here in the heart of Texas..."
EDIT
Full Moon was two weeks ago.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-08-2007).]

IP: Logged
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
How soon do you need that head Stephen? We're taking my old 4 cylinder out of the red car in the next month or so and the head on it was rebuilt about 6k ago... if you can wait you can have it.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Anyone have a good 88 2.5 head? I be needing one!!!!

You're not thinking of putting a DIS motor in your Indy are you? Hopefully just a head swap?
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I painted the door mirrors today. I mounted the passenger side on. I dont remember how the cable thing ,or rather where it comes out of the drivers side door and heads north for its inside panel mount. Any body got a panel off and can shoot me a picture of how that thing goes?

Joe?

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-08-2007).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You're not thinking of putting a DIS motor in your Indy are you? Hopefully just a head swap?

No--It is looking like I will be needing a head for the 88 Coupe I got from Chuck. Daniel replaced the head gasket but it still smokes at idle so from reading, sounds like the head is cracked or warped. If it is, I am going to need a replacement.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

How soon do you need that head Stephen? We're taking my old 4 cylinder out of the red car in the next month or so and the head on it was rebuilt about 6k ago... if you can wait you can have it.

I will probally need it sooner than that but not going to say forsure. Yall know if you want to do the swap in my shop, then yall are welcome to it. It is always open and the hunting season is coming up so my Fiero work will be cut way done for a few months. Would be interested in the complete motor/trans if you dont have any plans for it.
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it's yours if you want it... I wasn't sure how we were going to manage to get rid of it. Would be great if, in whole or part, it could go into another car... I'd still like to see just how many miles it can rack up. I don't think we'll need your shop, but I appreciate the offer and if our work space turns out to be a little too small here we may just need to take you up on that.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

Yeah, it's yours if you want it... I wasn't sure how we were going to manage to get rid of it. Would be great if, in whole or part, it could go into another car... I'd still like to see just how many miles it can rack up. I don't think we'll need your shop, but I appreciate the offer and if our work space turns out to be a little too small here we may just need to take you up on that.

I will take the whole thing and I am sure I will have a car sitting around that needs a good motor. Talked to Daniel and I have a complete set of molding that I will bring Friday for your car.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
A message from josef644.... :

I have a set of 14" alloys that I will bring if someone needs a set . They aint new, by useable and decent. Free to any one that want to get these outta my garage.

I am gonna bring a piece of my Dew Strip Replacement to let he guys get a hands on look at.
Joe
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Be sure to check the Help A Brother In Need section before you come. cliffw just thought of something else he wants .
Steven, I take it you do not need a head anymore.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by cliffw:
Just in the nick of time.
Mike, I got yours in gray also.

They could not change the Tshirt order (amount of shirts). I am gonna go to Wal-Mart and get some blank shirts that can be printed on. In gray.

Question. Might be critical for the whole order. Give me a size chart.
I say its S M L XL XXL XXXL.
Wife says it's S M L XL 1XL .......

XL to me is the same 1XL but wife says no no no.

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Will someone post the T shirt pic artwork ? I will need to forward my e-mail containing it.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
send it to me. i will get it posted.

the the Cecil ad spot will be removed from YouTube today.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
On it's way in a sec.
On the left is the back. The lower right is the front, off pocket side.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Which e-mail ? I just cleaned my PM box and do not have the Kre8it one. I only have gatesvillejedi.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Sent to gatesvillejedi........
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post

Looks good!!!
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
Looks great. I might take an extra if you have them.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Question. Might be critical for the whole order. Give me a size chart.
I say its S M L XL XXL XXXL.
Wife says it's S M L XL 1XL .......

XL to me is the same 1XL but wife says no no no.

I don't mean to get in the middle of a quarrel, but I have ordered a lot of club shirts and for various events. XL is the same as 1XL. In fact, you don't even say "1XL". You just say XL. Your post was the first i have ever heard the expression "1XL". Now, XXL is the same as 2XL, and the same on up for the bigger sizes, It's just an unnecessary digit added to XL if you put a one in front of it, so why do it?

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Man, I'm gonna hate missing this event. Hope it's a safe one for everyone that attends.

JazzMan
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

V-8 Archies T shirts donations just arrived. Having experienced the cost of making shirts of different colored prints, these are some fine shirts. Not to short sell the design of the print.
Nice shirts. Thank you Archie.

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I ordered T shirts having a five color print. I got the orange for Cheever and lite blue and gray where requested. It would have worked. Except, I had to go out of town late last week and lost wiggle room with the printer. Not enough time to get a five color print done. So, the background becomes part of the print. (This is good to know when ordering custom shirts. Saving money on screen cuts). Orange nor lite blue will work as the side of the cliffs, along the river, and a few of the tree trunks would not look good that color.
I am replacing the special ordered colors with gray , brown, or tan shirts. The cost for a special color, no matter the color, was only a dollar. Not even worth asking approval for. The shirt costs will not be known until all is said and done. I might have to figure in some unusable shirts. The shirts should be cheaper than quoted as they had to drop a color.
I am gonna cap the shirt costs at $17.00 each, plus a dollar for a different color. Anything more, I will eat the cost. Not sure if I mentioned it here but I did get a $50.00 sponsor for the shirts. If the shirts are less, you will pay less.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-09-2007).]

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
It's offical the NTFC crew is meeting at Ambers by 1200 or Cleburne HomeDepot(off hwy 67) parking lot by 1:00 or in Blake time 0100 hours. That will put us down in K ville around 6ish with the normal breaking downs. 7 with extreame break downs. Stephen if you don't mind Amber would like her trim here by 11. Anyone who wants to can join.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
But Cliff........ I wanted blue with pink polka dots, whats the problem? I also wanted them in size 1.5XLS, so make it happen .

Just kidding, thanks for the grey, I think anything less than $20.00 a shirt is a super deal.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

I ordered T shirts having a five color print. I got the orange for Cheever and lite blue and gray where requested. It would have worked. Except, I had to go out of town late last week and lost wiggle room with the printer. Not enough time to get a five color print done. So, the background becomes part of the print. (This is good to know when ordering custom shirts. Saving money on screen cuts). Orange nor lite blue will work as the side of the cliffs, along the river, and a few of the tree trunks would not look good that color.
I am replacing the special ordered colors with gray , brown, or tan shirts. The cost for a special color, no matter the color, was only a dollar. Not even worth asking approval for. The shirt costs will not be known until all is said and done. I might have to figure in some unusable shirts. The shirts should be cheaper than quoted as they had to drop a color.
I am gonna cap the shirt costs at $17.00 each, plus a dollar for a different color. Anything more, I will eat the cost. Not sure if I mentioned it here but I did get a $50.00 sponsor for the shirts. If the shirts are less, you will pay less.

I love gray Cliff , and so will the wifey.
DO you still want to be paid there, or Pay-Pal-ed

Joe Crawford
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Daniel
Are you guys going to head West out of Johnson City through Fredricksburg or go further down 281.
I might meet your group either in Marble Falls or Johnson City.
After tomorrow I will find out when my son is getting out of school and if I can meet up .
Mike
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
OK -

Michael has decided to stay here and party with his friends at Homecoming, so I will be coming alone.

I would love to meet up with someone and convoy down to the Ruckus. Let me know if anyone would like to meet and we can figure out a good spot. NTFC what route will y'all be taking? Would it be possible to meet?

I can leave pretty much anytime after 1:00 and I will be in the Indy.

Thanks!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by green87:

It's offical the NTFC crew is meeting at Ambers by 1200 or Cleburne HomeDepot(off hwy 67) parking lot by 1:00 or in Blake time 0100 hours. That will put us down in K ville around 6ish with the normal breaking downs. 7 with extreame break downs. Stephen if you don't mind Amber would like her trim here by 11. Anyone who wants to can join.

TRIM-_What TRIM? Did I mention that the trim was lime green with purple dots down the middle of it and that its ribbed? I guess I better get those parts out and put i my car to insure I am not making a trip all the way back home to get them. Time sounds good to me and I will probally be there around 9 or so to do any last minute things--Like clean my car up. If it help in figuring the arrival time, I only plan on breaking down twice with only one being a major.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
I will have a set of Mr Mike leather seats up for sale at the event. They are light grey with black inserts with speaker holes and emblem in white. They are in good condtion with some blemishes but they do need to be cleaned and condtioned. I am going to try and do this before the show but not forsure if I will get around to it being I have to work the next 2 days. Looking to get $400 for them plus a set of stock seats that are in decent condtion. I will have them in my car at the event so they can be seen and bought if someone is intersted.
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
Tim, we are taking 281 so if you want to jog over to Evant(84 and 281) and join up that would be cool. And yes mike I plan on going 290 to Fredricksburg. Name a place and we'll meet up. I like driving in a long line of fieros life is more fun that way.
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there in Evant. About what time do you think y'all will be there?
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Well, I picked up the Po Po award. From the Po Po themselves. Without managing to alert them of a pending Fiero presence, . Sorry, I can not tell you what it is. I don't want everyone trying to win it. There is only one.

On another note, I count eleven more things to get done for the Ruckus, and I am sure I am forgetting some and have not thought of the others yet. My wife on the other hand, thinks I need to be doing hundreds of more things. Including printing a bunch of itineraries with cruise maps. Running the route again and putting up turn here signs/ballons. I swear, , when we leave Kerrville, we will only make three left turns. Except the little Stonehenge detour.
I still have to finish up my seats, replace speakers, install new stereo faceplate, rebuild the steering wheel, and about four other semi easy tasks. That is on the 88. The 87 will have to do mostly as is but it needs some loving too.

What sucks is that it will not be fair for me to win some of the nice prizes. I will know all of the scavenger hunt answers and other point gathering tasks/games.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by fieroseblack:
But Cliff........ I wanted blue with pink polka dots, whats the problem? I also wanted them in size 1.5XLS, so make it happen .

OK
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Is this the Culver's we're supposed to meet at Friday night?
Culver's of Kerrville
1300 Junction Hwy. Kerrville, TX 78028

Just to beat this completely flat...this is the meeting place on Friday?? I plan to program the GPS and Mapquest tonight.
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
NTFC Group - Let's meet on the square (it is on 281) in Evant. I just need a time for Friday. The local Evant paper would like to take a group photo of us as we meet and pass through their town.

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

I'll be there in Evant. About what time do you think y'all will be there?

2:15 on the dot. Give me a call around 1:30 and we'll see how far we are. 2144175589
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Just to beat this completely flat...this is the meeting place on Friday?? I plan to program the GPS and Mapquest tonight.

Are you bringing the chop top?
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Will see y'all at 2:15.

I will call. The Evant Star just called again to get a time...glad I was reading this as they called.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
Cliff,
This is your dance, you call the tune.

Again, no it is not. This is our dance. It could not be done without every one of you. I am just the cat with the hat wearing the jacket. Without all of you, without the tradition, without the Round Ups also, I would never have done this. I thank you for the pleasure.

What sucks is that it will not be fair for me to win some of the nice prizes. I will know all of the scavenger hunt answers and other point gathering tasks/games.

I can see no one wants the prizes. No guesses except one, via PM, for the exact number of Fieros to show up ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:
The local Evant paper would like to take a group photo of us as we meet and pass through their town.

Heh...my Chanber of Commerce had also suggested that I contact our local paper. Which I will do. I wonder if we will have a front page photo? Of whose Fiero or how many.
Another point worthy question. Again, guesses via PM.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock