Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally by cliffw
Started on: 03-22-2007 03:09 PM
Replies: 653
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 10-14-2007 10:53 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by green87:
I'm bringing myself so just one here.

Daniel, your Fiero specs please.
IP: Logged
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Made my hotel reservations today. My wife is attending

Add Glenn Anderson to the attendess list.

Also good job on updating the initial post. That should enable folks who haven't been following this thread to get a quick read on the itinerary
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:
Add Glenn Anderson to the attendess list.

Okay. Will that also be another Fiero ? No user name ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-30-2007).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Cliff
I should have looked back
Mike
procarnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for procarnutSend a Private Message to procarnutDirect Link to This Post
I just reserved my room with the motel....Can I come too? if so Put me down for the event.

86 gt red...
Bob
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
I might even have my Indy running and on the road by then.

Originally posted by jscott1:
My Indy may be my only running Fiero...

It would be so cool to have an Indy at the event. It is a spokes car for Fieros. I PMed CenTexIndy today asking if he could bring his in addition to his son's, Michael's. 87 GT.
I am committed to bringing other two seaters to the event. I want to showcase the Fiero. How else are we gonna increase the value and demand for them, .
If one of you can bring an Indy please let me/Tim know. I would hate to burden him.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-30-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by procarnut:
Can I come too?

Bob, you were on the original list. Glad to have you. Just yourself?
procarnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for procarnutSend a Private Message to procarnutDirect Link to This Post
So far just me but i might bring another...Don't know yet.

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have called and reserved a King Size bed for the Mrs, and my self.

Joe Crawford
pointblank, Tx
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

It would be so cool to have an Indy at the event. It is a spokes car for Fieros. I PMed CenTexIndy today asking if he could bring his in addition to his son's, Michael's. 87 GT.
I am committed to bringing other two seaters to the event. I want to showcase the Fiero. How else are we gonna increase the value and demand for them, .
If one of you can bring an Indy please let me/Tim know. I would hate to burden him.

I can't speak for MstangsBware, but CenTexIndy's Indy is one of the best examples of an Indy out there. Mine, not so much. If I brought mine I would have to say, "this is where the red and gray seats would be if mine were installed, and this is where the nose badge would be if it was installed and this is where the decals would be on the door...if they were installed," ... you get the idea.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
?
Wife wants a woman count. Hide your wallets.
Beware. Years ago, I bought and bragged about some trinkets I bought my wife. Hey, I liked their product for me, I was trying to impress her and I did, and as they say, no good deed goes unpunished. Which is why nice guys finish last, . I almost did not finish.
Well, this post is the wife's idea. She wants company. The company of your women with your wallets.
Could it be a miracle ? James Avery is a Christian ?themed? jeweler. Lo and behold, we live five miles or so from their main headquarters. I would not call this a factory outlet, it is not. The man does not need to discount his craftsmanship. I have found his stuff in most major malls throughout Texas. James Avery Jewelers. If your wife can not put some of your money there, well, my wife can find another place.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I will be there by myself and will be bringing one of my cars. Either:

84 Indy
88 Coupe(stock)
88 Coupe(3800SC)
85 GT(3.1)
Unknown(might get another car before the show)
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Cliff,
I have a friend who is in the Christian Motor Cycle Club around here in the Livingston Tx area. He wants to tag along on his Honda and side car for his wife. Would this be a problem?
My wife is gonna come along

Joe Crawford
Pointblank
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
Silver 86 SE with 3800SC
Stephen do you want to split a room or you getting it on with Kevin?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
He wants to tag along on his Honda and side car for his wife. Would this be a problem?

I can not see how it will be a problem. These are public roads. The roads in my backyard are often filled with motorcycle riders. It is possible we will come upon a pack of them anyway. I think he would rather nix the side car though as the cruise has spirited curves. However, it will be impossible for him to get lost should he fall behind. I would love to have them along.
An encouraging note about our cruise route. You never can tell but I am fairly confident we will have the roads to ourselves uncluttered with traffic. After Hunt Tx there is not a lot of "to and from" regular errand running traffic.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by green87:

Silver 86 SE with 3800SC
Stephen do you want to split a room or you getting it on with Kevin?

Yeah--I sent you a PM about it earlier.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Information BUMP
I went to Fredericksburg to hunt a German cuisine restaurant. I spoke with a few heavily accented German descendants. Many a good recommendation but the consensus is The Brewery. How ironic is it that I would find a great German food restaurant which makes it own beer, .
I swear, purely happenstance. They were not open yet so I could not go inside and eat. It is in the heart of the downtown historic district and their many shops. Explore their website and enjoy.
I do plan on going back and sampling their food. Will someone recommend a dish, as I am not familiar with German cuisine. I have spoken with the manager. He assures me he can handle the extra burden of 30 more people in addition to his regular business. Of course, discounts are being negotiated. This is not a done deal.
Guys, I am gonna take one for the team. When I go back I will let wifey spend my money in the shops. Maybe I will be so broke at the Ruckus that my wife will not entice your wives/girlfriends.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Wurst and kardofels mit saladen und kraut. Allas das ist prema goot!! Danka. Vho ist mein beir bitta schnell, schenll

You will have to pardon my German spelling, I have not been to the Fatherland since 1968. Now I am trying to learn spanish. What a screwed up language.
The wurst is good with potatoes and kraut. Some also eat a salad with it. Dark bread and spicey mustard. Bock beer, Das ist prema Goot!!!!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
You will have to pardon my German.
Dunkeshaun ????? (thanks).
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Joe, your friend's names? I will add them to the list.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-01-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnF:
Cliff - STOP PLANNING!

Ain't gonna happen, .
WARNING : This post is exuberantly disjointed.
I just PMed everyone who has posted but has not committed. Including John Stricker. Making sure they all know of the factual itinerary. Most live aways away. I want to see that traveler award grow. I am in for another twen...ten.
Who else can I entice. SaTex(?)..Midland. ahh...Frizzlefrac, . Where has pumkincarriage been ? Anyone know of a good private eye in the maryjane area? Who else? Help me out. I will do the invitations. Ain't we tired of each other's mug?

Originally posted by sanderson:
The attendees list has been updated. Everybody please get the word out to those fiero owners you know that don't frequent PFF.

Mention the itinerary in the first post.
There are some cats I am not letting out of the bag. Our rallies have become predictable. We know it before we even get there. Some want teaser pics. Any volunteer to come get 'um. It just ain't me. I am sorry. I can barely spell pewter, .
Again, I would like to remind all to give me their Fiero specs. I want them.
Again, I need help with the judging and awards. We mostly know who usually wins.
Fiero club presidents. Any leftover T shirts or other suitable for door prizes items available ? The same question to the rest of us.

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
The only thing that I would improve on is the way the cruise route is run. I liked Round-up 9.5 the way we met up and anyone way back had a chance to catch up when we stopped at that little bar and got something to drink, but I think when you have a route that is quite long and you don`t stop and re-group anywhere that the cars in the back 1/2 of the group have a wild ride.

Careful attention to this issue was given to by me. I have also hated when they are so bunched together that one could not even get a mild wild run. Also, this route has scenery to be appreciated and one does not need to be concentrating on bumpers near or far. No one will get lost. A lunch stop along the way will also help us regroup.
I have a plan, .
Blake, I know you are gonna bring the banner, correct? Guys, help me out with a good link for an interesting Fiero overlay/history/fact article. It will be posted in the itinerary for the other two seaters to read about. Also in their forums. I have registerd in the local Miata forum with "Pontiac Fiero" as my user name. I know I will get some views, .
sanderson, I can handle updating the attendees. I have an agreement with Whitten Inn on the rooms. When there are five left they will call me and I can set more aside, IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE. First come first served guys. It will get very busy room wise as we get nearer to the event.
Ehh...I am burnt for now. Let me review.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-01-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Well my friends are iiffey,now. There is another bike rally some where and they haven't decided yet. If the sign up to go I will forward their names. The Brewery looks goot, I mean good. Ya did good pilgram. Did you fix your AC in your car?

Joe Crawford
Pointblank, Tx

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 09-01-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Did you fix your AC in your car?

You don't know what that will entail, .
Then the wife will ride along....telling me to slow down, .
Then I won't be able to take off the T tops.
The answer is hell no, .
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Well I do know what that will entail. I am in the process of converting my non AC car to factory air. But it might be better to keep the ladies out of the Fieros. HaHa
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I am in the process of converting my non AC car to factory air.

'Ya know......the bring a part in need portion of my event seems to be neglected. I bet I have every part you need. I ain't looking for no money, just fairness. I am sure we can all help each other out.
I can put a sale/swap/needed parts updated addition to the main post. We should be doing this every time. .
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Yes we need an "I Need a ? " list so we can clean out our garages, and help the others in need.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Cliff I just got an E-Mail from Ray New addressed to all of the members of the LONE STAR FIEROS telling them all about the RRRRR.
Just info for ya.

Joe
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Cliff I just got an E-Mail from Ray New addressed to all of the members of the LONE STAR FIEROS telling them all about the RRRRR.
Just info for ya.

Joe

Yeah, I'm in.
Ray and Sheryl New in 1986 Fiero GT w/trailer
Is there a trailer award?

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 09-01-2007).]

Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there. and a couple other okies also. we'll be needin some hotel rooms.

[This message has been edited by Dgzfiero (edited 09-01-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

LONE STAR FIEROS

LONE STAR FIEROS. How many?
AAFO? How many?"
NTFC ? How many ?
Independents ? How many ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-02-2007).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dgzfiero:

There goes the show--OKIES are coming out!!!!!

Glad to see yall are going to make it to the show.
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
They had to come south to get away from the "Arkies" The only difference between an Okie, and a Texan is the Red River.

Joe Crawford

Pointblank, Texas
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dgzfiero:

Could I get your real life ( ) name and any Fiero specs for the front page update? Very glad you can make it.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

LONE STAR FIEROS
AAFO
NTFC

Hey club members. Please post the linky for your club's web page. I want to include it in the first post.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Fierotaz:
I just booked my room with Rachel, very nice and helpful.

Leroy, are you driving Blackdeath? I want to update my front page. It will be great to have a choptop represented in the show, . How many persons will be with you?
All else who have not given me their Fiero specs please do so.
I will soon be listing guest attendees with Miatas, Solstices, and............................muscle cars, . (Select invitation only.)

moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Hey club members. Please post the linky for your club's web page. I want to include it in the first post.

Lone Star Fieros: http://www.lonestarfieros.org/index.html

If I can convert my 87 GT to manual on time, there's no reason why I wouldn't go. Hopefully I can get to meet all you guys

------------------

87 GT auto
85 GT 4-spd

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Thanks moleman. Hope to see you here.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003

If someone would be so kind and give me a cut and paste map of the route that would be great.
From Kerrville, Park Road 27 west to Ingram. Continuing west on 39 through Hunt to 187. South to Vanderpool passing the Lost Maples State Park Entrance to 337. East on 337 to Medina. North back to Kerrville. I would like as close of a view as possible to highlight the curves. One which would include the rivers (Guadelupe and Sabinal) would also be great.

Guys, I think I have a very good intro for our rally. I am fixin to submit links to this thread to other persons interested and also some I want to interest. I would like a great map in my first post along with Fiero club web sites before I do.
Is the AAFO website down?

Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post

Could I get your real life ( ) name and any Fiero specs for the front page update? Very glad you can make it.

Doug Goldsby 88 Coupe
Merrill Bowles 88 Formula
Tom Myers maybe an 87 GT? not sure if it'll be running yet

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
edit
Double post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock