Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 27)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108009 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely an honor to own a page in the choptop chronicles!

[This message has been edited by thedrue (edited 08-17-2010).]

IP: Logged
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thedrue

1104 posts
Member since Feb 2009
It was definitely an experience, visibility was not so bad but getting in and out was a bit of an exercise... That sunroof saved the day.

Big thanks to Alan, the owner of the PPE for allowing me to sit in the hot seat!
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PPE

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly heard from Orville reccently ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Curly heard from Orville reccently ?

No I haven't. I've been too busy, but 'll try and call him this week.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the newest one to add to the list, in the works but chopped yesterday
I will have it back together for the run for the hills 9/17 but once I get back it will be taken appart again for more mods for this next year.
and yes after the Dells this one will be for sale like the last car I did. so if you are interested start saving now it will worth it.
this one will have tweaks like no other come to the shows so you can see them. I will be going to Daytona and the Dells as well as a few local shows.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 08-24-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ChopTop meets Joey.

We need towing experiences.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptops are just plain sexy !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptops are just plain sexy !

Yes. Car-Lo is sitting cool in his choptop.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The ChopTop meets Joey.

We need towing experiences.

where is the car bound for?

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yes. Car-Lo is sitting cool in his choptop.

Car-lo has one hell of a ride.
------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 Supercharged GTP 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-19-2010).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

where is the car bound for?

Originally posted by troyboy:

I have a two page to-do list for this winter.
But for now she is off to NJ to visit BMWGURU Sunday for a few up grades:
a)200 amp High Output Alternator by HO to handel some of the future improvements http://www.highoutputalternator.com/index.htm
b)install of the KONI rear coil overs
c)160 MPH speedo
d)...............
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anonymity:

I had no trouble haulin troyboy's choptop, though it did get quite a few looks. One car pulled up along side me and honked their horn so they could give me a thumbs up for having such a beautiful fiero on my trailer. It was a nice ride to and from that part of New York, and an absolute pleasure to meet Troy.

Joey

fierodustin

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally rolled mine out of the shop for an out door picture.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-27-2010).]

Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodustin:

finally rolled mine out of the shop for an out door picture.

Hah, Wolcottville, IN, I know where that is. Had family there.

Car looks good.
fierodustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Its getting a roll bar and I am modifying the seats or buying lower seats next.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dustin, nice chop! What wheels are on that, I like those 5-spokes.
fierodustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, They are 18" Enkei RS5's
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I MUST know, what is that rear spoiler from ? Camaro ? If so, fourth gen ? If not, then where ? The more specific, the better.
I want it, I need it, I will kill for it ! ...But I didn't just make that public knowledge.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Navras:

I MUST know, what is that rear spoiler from ? Camaro ? If so, fourth gen ? If not, then where ? The more specific, the better.
I want it, I need it, I will kill for it ! ...But I didn't just make that public knowledge.

Call V8Archie @ 1800 891-3608. They make the one that DL10 has on his choptop.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted post.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I only had a nickle for every stare I get driving mine to work every day...... LOL

My parking spot. Sorry for the quality, it's a cell pic.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kilofox,

What type of things happen when you are at a stop light, or stopped for gas ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-05-2010).]

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow... it looks so small compared to those other cars!

Some day I will have a choptop wide body.... some day.
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kilofox,

What type of things happen when you are at a stop light, or stopped for gas ?

Always a positive reaction. I've had several thumbs ups, and at least 5 pictures taken that I'm aware of. I've had people roll down windows at stop lights asking what kind of car it is, and if I park somewhere, some one always approaches and asks if it's a Ferrari. I just say, nope, its just a Fiero. The standard response to that, is, "a what?" I have had a few people recognize what it is, but always say something like, "I don't remember Fiero's looking that good." I've also had several people ask to go for a ride. Only one kid tried racing me so far. He was in an Eclipse. I'm not sure he was close enough to hear my tires squeal as I hit third gear! LOL Typically, I don't waste gas in that way, but once in a while, if the roads are vacant, and a ricer is next to me, I'll run through the gears. I used to run them all the time when I had my '69 Chevelle, but that was before fuel prices got insane.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#010 cruising in low to the shows;

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

Always a positive reaction. I've had several thumbs ups, and at least 5 pictures taken that I'm aware of. I've had people roll down windows at stop lights asking what kind of car it is, and if I park somewhere, some one always approaches and asks if it's a Ferrari. I just say, nope, its just a Fiero. The standard response to that, is, "a what?" I have had a few people recognize what it is, but always say something like, "I don't remember Fiero's looking that good." I've also had several people ask to go for a ride. Only one kid tried racing me so far. He was in an Eclipse. I'm not sure he was close enough to hear my tires squeal as I hit third gear! LOL Typically, I don't waste gas in that way, but once in a while, if the roads are vacant, and a ricer is next to me, I'll run through the gears. I used to run them all the time when I had my '69 Chevelle, but that was before fuel prices got insane.

Have you seen the u-tube video my wife made right after the turbo install?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Links!!!!
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Links!!!!

here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddGcJ39olc

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading the entire thread, I just want to know by how much are these sweet rides being chopped?
fierodustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a 3" chop, I'm pretty sure most others are 3" as well. If everything goes as planned, you will see mine rolling around ft wayne next spring.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tuna Helper:

After reading the entire thread, I just want to know by how much are these sweet rides being chopped?

http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm
------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-20-2010).]

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

If I only had a nickle for every stare I get driving mine to work every day...... LOL

My parking spot. Sorry for the quality, it's a cell pic.

[IMG]http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx57/Kilofox13/Fiero/parked.jpg[IMG]

Is that a TJ in the background?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New Fiero Fan.

I deal with a lot of international customers at my job, and the other day i was just finishing up some dealings with a young brazilian buisnessman when i notice him slip on a very, very nice ferrari jacket as he prepares to leave.

Curious I ask if he owns a ferrari, and he responds in his very heavy accent "only in his dreams ", and i concurred " yeah me too."

I could see his eyes light up when i mentioned cars, so i whipped out my blackberry and pulled up several pictures of number 4.

I said here is my little sportscar project. The guy's eyes nearly popped out of his head ! He looked at the phone, looked back at me, looked at the phone, looked back at me (looking me up and down - i could read his mind, like how the,....hehe).

" it is yours ?",.... he asked, almost in disbelief. Yes i replied firmly, which seemed to ease his skepticism. He then got really excited saying if i had that car in his country that everybody in Brazil would be looking everytime you drove it out.

He had never heard of a fiero before, but he was now very interested in possibly finding his own. i gave him the information to the forum and a few links to view.

Poor guy might need a defibulator when he views Curly's and Troy's rides, as compared to mine.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-02-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My garage door was partially opened, but my neighbor spotted me trying to mount #015 nose. We've talked before, but I gave him a brief tour of the MadArch widebody kit. Never once did my neighbor say, "it's chopped, right." He was impressed with #020's chromed out trunk and Norm's flipper. 30-minutes later I had to go inside. It was freaking cold outside! Today, I was able to mount the nose without any interruptions.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove #020 today over to WCF for modification of the Audi driving lamps. The drive was only 2-miles or so, but #020 tires were a bit too low on pressure. I was concerned about the low pressure but I made to the gas station driving about 30-35mph (and no bumps in the road). Its been at least a year or so since I've driving the car and the tire pressure was @25 psi. I quickly inflated to 50psi and took off to WCF were I meet a young guy eyeballing my ride.

I went over the details, blah, blah, blah and then handed over to Dan the aluminum metal I had gotten the day before. After a few minutes, we figured out how-too mount the lamps above the Corvette fog lamps. The part should be ready by noon on Thursday. I drove back before dark (I hadn't check the lights and all) and the car ran just fine only 1-bango like chromed strut tower cover. A few people on the road did stare, but nobody stopped me. Sorry. I didn't take any pics of today event.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#010 in for paint:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress pic of #010

FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my first chop lots of time and work but it's all worth it. I get more compliments on this car than any other car it brings crowds around it all the time. I parked by a $150,000 Porche turbo the other day some guy drives past the cars stops hard ,parks gets out walks past the Porsche and starts walking around my car for 5 minutes. I love driving it the car wraps around you it feels so good I am 6 ft tall and it's very comfortable. I park it beside my new Camaro SS and the roof of the Fiero comes up to the top of the Camaro door just before the Camaros door windows feels like I parked beside a truck. I owned over 150 Fieros since I was 17 they will always be my favorite car. Interior is getting close to finished . Thanks to everyone on this Forum the compliments and feedback keep me going! Enjoy the pics!!!

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP ALMOST FINISHED)
SEARCHING FOR MY NEXT GT TO CHOP
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something brewing over in Virginia, besides choptop #10 ???

Look in the background,...looks like a clone of Madcurl's choptop #20 going on !

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock