Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108040 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Silver Choptop conventation a DMV.

So I'm going into the DMV after a vacation. I didn't have time prior to leaving to take care of business concerning the smog. The tag had expired for the month of April, so I now needed new ones. The lady at the counter says: we need varification that I'm not riding the system.

me; look, give me a month pass so that I can drive the car over to the smog rep station.
lady: why? cant you take it to smog station?
Me: no, it's a special vehical car SB100.
lady: no its not.
Me; Then why is it that I'm here today, last month and the prior months before?
Lady: I'm only going to give you a one day pass.
Me: okay, but I'll be back the following day to get another one and another one, and another one.
Lady: she walks over to her supervisor and ask for some proof that the car is being worked on.
Me: I show her pics of the choptop and the area went silence. She gave me my darn month pass to make a appointment with the smop reps.

Some times even a phone picture is worth a thousand words.

------------------

IP: Logged
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly take her for a ride and give her some loving
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exotic se, this is the old chop top sale thread...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20010706-1-004850.html

this is the convertible thread that had the least blurry pictures...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-021032.html

i had mentioned that i was gonna put wire wheels on it and someone wanted to see it. that's how the thread came about.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Philpine,

Hmmmm the chop does have potential, if it were mine I would definatly lose the wing, and change the nose. That would give you a fresh platform to begin reworking it.

The Chop looks ok, and the hood is actually pretty sharp.

The pictures are not the greatest, so it is really hard to fully determine what you are working with. Can i ask what is under the decklid engine wise ? Does it run ?

Have you done anything to the car since you acquired it ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where talking about the first car (black one right?) yes I agree with Exoticse...loose the wing and nose. You can sell that to one of the import guys.

The rear louvers in the rear look do-able? The end result would IMO would look "visually" like the Stinger. Maybe a meaner look if it's painted black?

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl, your car looks sick.

------------------
VOTE FOR THE FIERO!

Black '87 GT Auto - Daily Driver & Autocrosser
Eibach springs, Koni shocks, Kosei K1s, Kumho Ecsta V700s, poly bushings, rear swaybar, MSD ignition, shift-kit, custom intake scoop

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spyhunter:

madcurl, your car looks sick.

Sick, hehehehe. I blame Archie for that.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the nose and wing are both gone, but the replacements may not be recieved any better. if you've seen pics of fierogtguy's project, i have that same scrab front facia for it. the wing has been replaced with an f40 style wing that matches the body better, but is higher than most would want. the nose and wing almost put you in the mind of an updated, 2 seat superbird. other pieces i've played with are irm rockerscoops partially molded in, an indy scoop cut down and molded in also, rear window louvers gone and rear vents installed somewhat closer to stock, gt/ferrari tail light panel i haven't started trying to fit yet (need to work out fitting it to a coupe), and twin mini sunroofs to fill in a hole in the roof that couldn't be replaced with anything stock. if i ever get to the end it will stay black.

it came with a locked up 4cyl. it's gone. i mean to have something more for it and decided to take it out and get rid of it so there's no putting it back in (and hopefully i won't feel the need to find another 4cyl to replace it). got a v8 archie kit i hope ends up in it.

for now it's really just a collection of interesting parts. i hope i can make more of it in time.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Thanks Songman for updating the Silver Choptop Chronicles. Songman posted nealy all of the varoius stages on his web page. No need to fumble through the archives or during a three stooges search. A friend wanted to know what's up with the chop? I didn't fell like searching and searching through the threads and I new at one time Songman ahad a "few" but I didn't think he posted them all.

http://www.fiero-performance.com/fiero/curls/

Man, thats a lot of work......you over did-it

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-09-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what happens when your taking a friend for a ride in a Choptop? Nearly getting a ticket, thats what!

Good thing I went up to the speed limit of 55mph, otherwise the CHP would have love to give me a ticket. Me and Songman took a roll out onto Stockdale Hwy in Bakersfield Ca. Little did I know that there was a CHP several cars back. When the light turned green I rump on the gas up to 55MPH , the pipes were singing sweet V8 music in the ear drums I look to my side a CHP was there. He (two chp's in the car) pulled up next to me and staired at the car for about 5-15 seconds.

Keep in mind Songman was filming this event on tape with no safety belt on. After looking at the chop for 10-15 seconds the CHP passed us and I got behind them (four lane road) I didn't want to be next to them while Songman laid low in the seat. Songman didn't put the film directly on them while they were side-by-side us but he continued filming straight ahead until they passed.

Stop at a nearby Smoothy place for a cold one. While Dale hung out in the car and a girl wanted to watch the car for me even though Songman was in the car? Anyway people made the usual comments, "what is that, looks like a Lambo." After i drop'd off Dale a young kid w/girlfriend ask said, "cool car." He also said to loose the PONTIAC sign in the back. I didn't have time to explain that the PONTIAC is needed so that when I smoke someone they won't be clueless.

Which leaves me with this question: is having the PONTIAC sign that bad? I got similar statements from people in Florida also. Although the orginal shape is still evident w/no kits, it's in no way a Lambo. So why does the PONTIAC sign leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-16-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jealous!
Leave it!
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LMAO I love these stories !! Leave it definatly !

The reason people have a hard time with it is because it forces them to deal with the reality that they may have been wrong about the car. If you don't have pontiac on there, they can delude themselves into thinking maybe that beaaming gorgeous car is something else other than the car they are used to making light of.

You will always have people (mostly those with rusted out trucks, mustangs, and beat up old station wagons) who after discovering it is not a lamborghini or some other exotic say ahhhhhh well it's just a pointiac, or just a fiero.

Otherwise they look stupid for not being able to turn a $1,500 dollar car (probably less value than their rust bucket) into a $200,000-looking dream machine.

Pontiac in my opinion is a like a fresh reminder that hey,....somebody was wrong.

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Ken Hines one piece Corvette tail lights on my 88 and I really miss not having the "Pontiac" name. When I find a professional way of getting it back I will.
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post05-16-2004 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey LT1 88GT good morning ...long time no hear,I like to leave them guessing as to what the car is as there is no reference any where on the car saying Pontiac or Fiero I now have prancing horse Ferrari emblems for back and front as soon as the paint job is done..........keep em guessing.Here is a funny story a neighbor in front who is always looking out called the public service aide who in turn called the cop telling them that I had a Ferrari in my back yard and they think it was being stripped ,they came and said they had a report that they had a report of a possible stolen exotic car so I let them in and showed them the title and he was still amazed when it said Pontiac Fiero.There is a cuban kid aroung the block who built a sweet Lambo and he gets pulled over at least 4 times a day while driving it.
OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly I really like you car. I would be nipping at your heels if I had not decided to now save up for a Viper along with my Fiero. But anyway, I do think you should look at the pictures of History of the OutlawFiero. I decided to go with the corvette tailights with all four lights having white centers. people really like it, and it would go well with your car. It adds more of an exotic feel to what you already have, and it would finnish your car off very nicely. Use Kahines product I'm very happy with it, and it was easy to do. You can always switch back and forth.
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please keep the pontiac on the tail lights, nothing wrong with it at all.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote to keep it Pontiac - who knows, in a couple of years, if they groom the new GTO right and the Solstice has good performance, folks may start to ID the name Pontiac with performance once again!

Jim

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Aura:

Please keep the pontiac on the tail lights, nothing wrong with it at all.

Oh yeah, I'm keeping the PONTIAC sign on the Silver Choptop, however on the Fiero Redux it's off. The only reason I'm taking it off is due to the plates are going there. I do agree that taking it off may make the over-all car more exotic but, unless it gets rear-ended it stays on. Besides I don't want to be pulled over by the cops thinking its some type of exotic car and we also need to remind Pontiac were still around.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PONTIAC SIGHTING NEARLY KILLS FATHER AND SON

On my way Monday to pick a video. A father and son notice the chop blazing bye, they catch me at the red light.

Father: Sounds good, what do you have in there?
Me: Northstar.
Father: What! How did that fit in there?
Me: Fix's perfect and weighs just a little more than stock. Light turns green and I rump on the gas to the next corner to make a right turn.. The father and son wave good bye. Little did the father and son notice that the next light was a red, not green! He stops real hard right before getting T'd by cross traffic. I say to him, "hey don't get hit."

Later on that day: I stop at a local record store. A father and son notice the chop and catch me right before I enter the store.
Father: is that a Fiero?
Me: yeah, a 87.
Father: nah, your kidding.
Me: after several minuts explaining who did what and were, I guess he (they) were impressed? He was some what puzzed as to the distant traveled to Chicago, Oklahoma, and Florida just to get items on the car. Hmmm....if they only knew the story behind the VDC kit. Hey, some of us can't buy an turn-key car from Archie's place. Hehehehe

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay on pictures... Still trying to get used to this new digital video camera. I'm definitely going to have to make some adjustments because the stills don't look nearly as good as from the old Sony. Anyway... Everyone can take a look if interested. Still working on the CHP video... I'll post one pic below and if you want to see more you can go to http://www.fiero-performance.com/fiero/curls/ so we can save Cliff some bandwidth. All of the new pics start with DVC.

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah thats why I bought a digital camera, those video stills resolution isn't as good compared to digital. Although there a little bit better than my camer phone pics. Neverless, I look forward to getting another laugh from the film clips. Hey Dale I'll be in town again next Wednesday. Maybe we can drop by Orville's house for choptop's and tea. hehehehe

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-19-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starbucks conversation with husband and wife.

Husband: That's a new car, right?
Me: Ah, it's 20 year old car. (rounded up it's 17yrs)
Wife: See I told you honey. Those were the last ones made with the Gull-wing doors.
Me: Hmmmmm..........?

CA smog Reps: Darn, man thats clean and you got the Cadillac instrument gauge in there. And you chop'd it with Lambo doors.
Me: Ah, it was chop'd already, when I bought it here last year, remember?

Good experience with the CA CARB.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-21-2004).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
semi good news for me. been moving the last fews days. got a small garage now so i'm hoping i can get the car over to it from my brother's soon. the bad thing is, now i can't afford to do much but i can play with it like a big model car and keep working with the body till i can get back to the drive train.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Choptop Rolls in Pontiac parking Lot.

On my way from the Bay Area to Bakersfield CA I stopped off at a Pontiac dealership in Fresno CA to get a bolt for the wing. As I parked, several employees (salesmen and women) were passing by giving some nice comments on the Fiero. Any way one guy comes out wearing a tie walking with several others who prior had made some nice comments. I didn't know at the time he was the manager (owner?). He stops for a better look.

Manager name is Lee (I think): Nice Fiero, you've really got a clean car and you did a lot to this Fiero.

He goes into the various components, I'd just stand there to let him take it all in. Several seconds go by and one of the other guys states to him that the owners has a Northstar in it. At that time, I was finished with bolting up the screw and raised the trunk. After a few more minutes for him to take it all in he say to me:

Lee: can we go for a ride?
Me: sure, why not.
Lee: I'll be back in awhile.

I got to the passanger side door before Lee, andl we all know what happen next. I open the door and he was speachless.
We got onto Blackstone which is loaded with cops, however I was able to step on it pretty hard. We next get onto the Freeway 41 and I opened it up to (insert number here). I brought him back to the dealership.

Lee: You know, this car is faster then the GTO.
Me: Get out of here, the GTO has a 5.7 six speed.
Lee: I drive it everyday, I know and if you want to test it...I'll give you the keys.

I went on to inform him about more faster and better looking Fieros (3800SC, LT1, SBC, and LS1's)(Chesters, Plasma, Stinger and others). I told him about Pennock's so he may check us out, if he hasnt's already. This may or maynot be a choptop experience because I don't think they even notice that it was chopped and they didn't comment on it because it really was too much stuff to take in at once.

Oh yeah, Lee didn't bump his head. He was not six feet tall.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-27-2004).]

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bunp, good thread...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know,..this is one of my favorite threads. I

Keep those stories coming !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is that just about "all" the CHP inspection places are booked? Maybe it's from all of those darn fix-it-tickets or something? Oh yeah, even though I have legal papers on the Northstar/trans.....it ain't good enough. I called CHP concernig the CHP287 (something) that the DMV required. The CHP 287 something is nothing more than a VIN inspection to see if the engine/trans is stolen. The officer did asked me what type of vehicle? Kit-car what else.

So I'm thinking, " okay let me make a appointment for this Friday." I call the Redwood CHP and there booked till late July. San Francsico CHP......booked even longer, and San Jose booked! So what about Bakersfield........left message on answer machine. I'm I mad? No. Its just that I remember when one could just go right in to a local CHP and the guy checks it out and signs the paper and your on your way (20 years ago). So it looks like the temp tags will stay on for another two months.....even at the San Simeon Fiero Show.

Any Choptop experiences? CHOPTOP NEARLY GETS EMPLOYEE FIRED! In Bakersfield I accidently got a gas service attendent in trouble for comming out of his locked booth to view the car. His boss was calling him on the phone and he didn't answer due to me reving up the motor and all. They didn't fire the guy. I'm glade. My relatives next door neighbor thought the car was a Ferrari or something. He was shocked when I said it was a Pontiac. It's getting real old now when i have to tell them it a Pontiac when people see the name badges and the big red Pontica in the back and they still don't believe it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-14-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Oh yeah, 88Formula showed me were my old pics are at and it explains why Ian didn't send them to me. He keep them for his new company and plasterd the name over them....ugggghhhhh!

http://www.carexcess.com/vdc/Pontiac_1984_1988_Fiero.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-14-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry i never got around to posting all those pics curly, but i had a gangl of trouble getting them to the proper size and dimensions to satisfy pip.

Finally gave up in frustration.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
busy weekend, but one result is that the chopper in in my garage now. still don't know how much progress i'll make but at least now it's here and i can fool with it from time to time.

one setback, i pulled the cover off and the windshield was busted. no one seems to know what happened. it was just sitting in place so i just took it out and will be headed to the junkard for another soon.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Philphine

6136 posts
Member since Feb 2000

Originally posted by LT188GT:

I have the Ken Hines one piece Corvette tail lights on my 88 and I really miss not having the "Pontiac" name. When I find a professional way of getting it back I will.

i have one of those also. what i plan is this. a local shop that makes banners has this 3m reflective tape they use in quite a few colors (i have it in red, silver and gold on various cars as a winshield banner). i have the graphics already using black so you can hardly see it on a black car till the light hits it right then you can read it (it looks white or light gray).

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally found a CHP to check my car for stolen parts. The officer did question the car as to exactlly "what was done to it." I opened the hood and he did inspect it. He filled out the special papers and I hit it full throtle as I was leaving, hehehee. I also had a very nice coversation w/a couple who did at one time have a silver fastback.

So it's offical; "Silver choptop is CA approved." Also smoged exempt, hello sister pipe is going back on! My tags where just $75 bucks.

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my GT is asking for a chop,
but my pocket book says no.

i am looking forward to seeing madcurl's car at the west fest.

Top secret: however i am planning to do a mod to my 85 that will combine a chop, and a convertable!

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.5 SE, 219,500 miles and still runing!!!
more pics of my 85 can be found here
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 139,000 miles! Cat less, but otherwise damn near stock!
1987 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 SE, 54,000 miles :( parts car RIP

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump.. I dont want this in the archive's.. Do you...?? lol

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!! *Under~Surgery*

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More stories please !! Madcurl is not the only one with a chop top !

Curls keep us updated on the encounters .

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhhh its post dated material but here it goes: "Choptop almost gets flatened by a SUV."

After enjoying a nice show in San Simeion CA, on my way back. I stop at Jack-n-the-Box and got back on freeway 46 in Paso Robles. A SUV driven by a women with 2-3 kids are in the fast lane. for no reason, she weives into the slow lane in front of a green car. I was in the fast lane. I told my passenger, "there is going to be a accident." She didn't know what I was blabling about because she was on the cell phone.

Anyway I grabbed the sterring wheel with both hands expecting the worse. The SUV moved into the path of the green car and then suddenly moved back into the fast lane......which she over corrected and the SUV landed on its side. I'm glad the SUV didn't flip or roll. I was going maybe 65-67 MPH. No body was hurt badly. Just cuts and bruises? From my view point it looked like she may have took her eyes off the road...maybe attending to those in the car, cell phone or what?

Other than that, I havn't driven the choptop since the show. I'm roll'n in the convertable. It's beautiful weather here in CAleefornia. Besides, I need to change out that (1) exhaust and put my duels back in. Oh yeah, it's nice having legal plates. It took me long enough, hehehe.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curley, I just saw these 2 pics in another old thread. They are a very good visual aid to see the difference the 3" chop can make.

Also they show that you've come a long way since then.....

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man thats some good memories. That was my 2003 Christmas gift...a choptop! And I have been good this year.....so keep the doors open Archie........"I'll be back."

Notice the roof line next to the building's window? Man...thats a big change.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-08-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for comparrison. Yeah it's still choptop news, hehehehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-09-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

That's like night and day! Very nice!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock