Started on: 08-23-2002 12:35 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: 1FST2M6 on 10-23-2002 11:59 PM
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

over the weekend i'll try to get some with the top down. i'd like them to be a little larger (17" or so) and gold centered but i got these cheap so they'll do for now.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
That looks pretty good. nice job

------------------
Fierokid's Web site:
V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero sport coupe
AIM: Fierokid87

VeeSixGeeTee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VeeSixGeeTeeSend a Private Message to VeeSixGeeTeeDirect Link to This Post
nah not my taste! But nice overall!

------------------
Mike
Red 86' SE V6
85 GT 4sp [SOLD]

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
...nice car but i dont like the wheels..sorry, like the convertible top though.

Randy

------------------

95 Camaro 3.4 with mild cam

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
nice vette!

74 with an 79 tail?

------------------
In this house, young lady, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2002 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1FST2M6:
nice vette!

Travis i hope ur joking.

------------------

Open Manifold Pushrod 3.4, Lunati Camshaft, 19# Injectors, ZR-1 Cowl Induction Hood,
Fastback Scoops, Mild Weight-Reduction, APR DTM Euro Adjustable Spoiler

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post08-23-2002 05:24 PM   Send a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kasdan:
Travis i hope ur joking.

There is something wrong with him liking the vette?

------------------
Ray · Email Me! · Fierosite.com · Fiero Chat! · Project White Phantom

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
I like the car, I just don't like the wheels. To each his own

------------------

Rave UN2 The Joy Fantastic

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2002 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I think the wires fit the vibe of the car. Looks good, but I agree you need some 17" D's with knock-offs.

Kasdan, look in the background of the first pic- See, Corvette.

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
Hey Phil , the Fiero was ment to run with wire wheels , class act ! Lookin good !

Really sets the car off !

Beautiful !

Galen Smith
Red 85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
now all you need are the hydros to make that puppie bounce
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
vette is a '74 but i didn't get the split bumper when i got it. i guess its a '75-'80ish rear with a turbo street wing.

no hydro's, but i would like to lower it some. maybe even air if i can afford a good system that won't mess up handling too bad.

jesterfox'

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jesterfox'Send a Private Message to jesterfox'Direct Link to This Post
Looks good from here. Get some baby powder and you are set.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
oops

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 08-24-2002).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Funky. Reminds me of an Olds Regatta.
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2002 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Different... Was that top made for the Fiero, or was it from another vehicle??

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com www.CFOG-I.org

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2002 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
baby powder?

what i've been able to glean so far is that possibly it's a dealer mod. there is a blue one that has been posted here and that is what's been said about it. the construction from what i can tell in the pics is just like mine. the person i got it from also said it came from pontiac that way but i just thought he had been misinformed, but maybe he meant from the dealer also.

if anyone happens to know for sure and can put me in touch with the makers i'd appreciate it. it was recently vandalized in a theft attempt and i may need a pattern for repair.

vegasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2002 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vegasfieroSend a Private Message to vegasfieroDirect Link to This Post
sorry i really do not like those rims. but hey man there your rims. And tabs 31 what color is that on your car. i painted mine patriot blue pearl. its a dodge color, and it looks just like yours so i guess i have to repaint mine. damn

Scott

Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:
what i've been able to glean so far is that possibly it's a dealer mod.

if anyone happens to know for sure and can put me in touch with the makers i'd appreciate it.

You're correct. Apparantly there was a dealer that had some '87 coupes made into convertibles. I think this number they did was in the 50 - 100 car range, but don't quote me on that.

The guy you need to talk to is Jason Wenglikowski. I don't know if he's on here or not, but he's on the Fiero.org list if you're on that. A few years ago he picked up one of these that was maroon and did quite a bit of research into where it came from.

As for the wheels, lowriders aren't really my bag, but I can appreciate a good one when I see one. The wire wheels on your car are growing on me. They'd be cooler an inch or two bigger with lower profile tires and the car lowered a bit.

What's the wing on your car from? It doesn't look like a stock Fiero wing. It looks narrower (front to back) and more curved.

------------------
Doug Chase
Duvall, WA
'88 Fiero Formula 5-spd (autocrosser)
'88 Fiero GT 5-spd (daily driver)
'85 Fiero GT 4-spd (rally car)

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info. if you could give him my email addy i'd appreciate it.

Philphine@webtv.net
Philphine@hotmail.com
Phillphine@yahoo.com

don't know where the wing came from. it was on the car when i got it. i thought maybe a firebird wing at first, but it's fiberglass. then i thought maybe a sunbird wing but it's not quite the same. i believe now it's a mustang wing. there are some 5.0 type mustang convertibles that were some kind of special edition (seems like they were always yellow). i need to get another look at one but i think that's what it could be.

atarian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for atarianClick Here to visit atarian's HomePageSend a Private Message to atarianDirect Link to This Post
Is that A convertable or a vinyl top? Very strange but hey looks nice kinda lika Jaguar.
PFF
System Bot
Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by atarian:
Is that A convertable or a vinyl top? Very strange but hey looks nice kinda lika Jaguar.

well, he DID say "ill try to get some with the top down" hint, hint, TOP DOWN
but actually he didnd specify what he would try and get with the top down , we all just assume he means pix. right?

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i did mean to get some top down pics, but the car was vandalized over the weekend. that and other equaly non fun events (it was a great weekend ) kept me from getting them. i'll get some eventually. sorry.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
a small amount of free time...

kinda blurry, but i guess clear enough to get the idea. the scoops on the back are part of the top down cooling idea i'm playing with. about to see what i get from them now.

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
Wheels: You know sir, I don't like 'em......

Car: Looks like a$$ with the top up, looks really sweet with the top down.

Misc: Lose that fugly rice-boy tip!

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

LT1 Conversion has begun......

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
didnt even see the 'vette in the background....i thought he was being a punk and calling the fiero a 'vette, lol
Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2002 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
hmmm... i was just looking for this thread to add to the recent coupe mods thread (lost my pic-ability and can't post new ones). still have the wheels on and gonna pimp 'em out a little more. found some 3 bar spinners at a flea market. made some inserts with brass bearings so i can mount them securly to the wheel but they'll spin a few seconds after the car comes to a stop.
1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2002 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kasdan:
didnt even see the 'vette in the background....i thought he was being a punk and calling the fiero a 'vette, lol

i like the Fiero but i couldn't find anything nice to say about the wheels so i move on to faster things! and MAN i miss my 79.. Vermillion on Oyster (red on light grey)4spd, 402.. (sniff--sniff)

------------------

Put the Lime in the Coconut... drink it all up...

[This message has been edited by 1FST2M6 (edited 10-24-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock