Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 78)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
dcarrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good day Archie,
17 years ago I did a 350 conversion on my 84 SE using your Deluxe Kit with the Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel and the 4 core radiator.
At that time the only mechanical experience I had was attempting to rebuild a brake caliper on my 79 Datsun 280zx. (key word being "attempting" lol)
I had help from two very good friends but for the most part I did it on my own. I think the worst part was the wait, cause I couldnt get it all done in one day.
Seriously it took me two days of cursing and screaming just to get the tranny mated to the engine lol
All in all it took me around 6 months to complete, losing 25 pounds in the process but ending up with one of the most satisfying things Ive ever done.

Sadly she sat for 9 years (moving, divorce, child custody, life..) and has suffered but I am determined to revive her. She actually still runs which is amazing all in itself, but to me it is worth it to tackle even with all the mocking comments and horror stories from the casual unknowledgeables that happen to opine, to me its an icon that deserves surviving.

Good to hear you are still in this, I got a battery tray from you a few years ago but Im pretty sure I'll be needing a few bits once I begin the teardown.

Stay hydrated out there
Dave C
IP: Logged
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On top of this forum, another great place for V8 Fiero info is https://www.facebook.com/groups/v8Fieros/ (Archie is a member) as well dropping Archie an email directly. (I actually just spoke to him this morning about my 6.0 LS install in my 87GT) If you need his email address drop me a PM and I'll send it off to you. IIRC That V8 Fiero's group has a few members in Florida too.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with a Turbo.

Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front. For Sale $4000 USD

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, what's new at Archies ???
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by typhoon:

Well, what's new at Archies ???

Thanks for asking.

I need to get this updated & will do it in the next few days.

I got to figure out how to post up pictures first.

Thanks

Archie
typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pip test

http://images.fieroforum.co...DSCN7150_(Large).JPG

Does anyone know if the current download of PIP will work with Win 10?

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-21-2019).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

It does work... I use it on both my laptops (work and home).

Bob

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2019 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What’s up Archie ?? Brought wife to Vegas this week.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2020 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is Archie's shop near chicago still open and run by his employees (?)
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2020 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

No, all gone.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2020 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Nope, located in Las Vegas now. Still selling V-8 kits & a few other parts like the WideBody kits.

Went from a 3 man shop to a one man operation. So don't build the customs like we used to do. But I am doing 3 or 4 V-8 swaps a year out here.

Thanks

Archie
DefenderMG23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2020 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefenderMG23Send a Private Message to DefenderMG23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the phone number from the website still apply since moving to Vegas?
DefenderMG23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2020 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefenderMG23Send a Private Message to DefenderMG23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try calling it and let us know?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I still have my Chicago area phone number 847-212-3909.

Archie

Originally posted by DefenderMG23:

Cdnsolman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CdnsolmanSend a Private Message to CdnsolmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With as many cars and engine swaps happen here, what are the odds someone has a spare V6 front engine bracket they could part with?
I'm dropping a 3400LA1 into an '84 2m4 and can't find an engine bracket. The donor vehicle bracket doesn't work, and neither does the Iron duke's bracket.
ragoldsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ragoldsmithSend a Private Message to ragoldsmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cdnsolman:

With as many cars and engine swaps happen here, what are the odds someone has a spare V6 front engine bracket they could part with?
I'm dropping a 3400LA1 into an '84 2m4 and can't find an engine bracket. The donor vehicle bracket doesn't work, and neither does the Iron duke's bracket.

You should try posting this in “The Mall” section of the forum. More likely for someone to see it there. And I’m positive someone has a mount. Lots of people on here with lots of parts. You should also try the Fiero group on Facebook. A lot of active users over there.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pip test

http://images.fieroforum.co...DSCN7150_(Large).JPG

Please pay no attention. Just trying to remember how to post pictures...... Thank You

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-19-2021).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2021 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, its great to see some pics from the west side. The red one is new to me, info please.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Archie, its great to see some pics from the west side. The red one is new to me, info please.

I'm planning to do big update in a few weeks. That will be one of the updates.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please pay no attention. Just trying to remember how to post pictures...... Thank You

Are you still using PIP? There is now an "upload image" button on the bottom of the page when you post. You can directly upload without PIP.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-28-2021).]

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2021 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie hope all is well in your world. Where have all the years gone? It's really good to see that you're still involved in Fiero's. Original owner of ChopTop #4

Still miss our Fieros, but moved on to a Harley, then Jeeps, and we now own two Solstices's. An 09 GXP coupe, and 06 2.4 w/a Smoothline Club Racer hardtop.

[This message has been edited by ChopTop (edited 11-13-2023).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2021 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

Archie hope all is well in your world. Where have all the years gone? It's really good to see that you're still involved in Fiero's.

You're right, it has been a long time. But I'd still do it again.

Made a lot of good friends along the way.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://youtu.be/ZvhJLamr5hc

That was awesome. Going to have some more videos/pics up of that build?
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2021 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie!

I hope all is well with you.

Good to see you still around. The rad you got me it's still working out great. I haven't driven mine in almost 10 years and I'm ALMOST ready to get her back on the road (redoing the 3800 harness, cleaning up etc).

Maybe one day I'll get to test drive a V8 Fiero😉

Take care!

Matthew
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bump.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you still here Archie!
Bump
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, Glad to see Archie and others are still around. I was super active in 2005-2007 then took a break until now when I can get back into Fieros. I forgot my password for my old account and its linked to a dead email account so I had to start a new one. I still have a 87GT with a 418sbc (427 stroker but not bored .030) with a cryo treated Getrag project, pretty much as it sat since 2007.

Kind of sad to see how slow this forum is now, it used to be super active back in the day.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good afternoon, everyone....

Just starting off the new year going over some of the old posts that I was involved in and seeing where things are now. Lots of changes, of course, but still have connections with a lot of friends here. Some really neat things in this thread and countless others. Fun to look back and helps to inspire the future. I still have to install a V-8 in our Fiero but I now have the engine, install kit and the car to put it in. I'm hoping this is the year, finally, but life will dictate that.

Many thanks to Archie for allowing me the honor of working for him in the past. The Fiero friends I have are forever.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Mark the paint guy
PFF
System Bot
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2022 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Good afternoon, everyone....

Just starting off the new year going over some of the old posts that I was involved in and seeing where things are now. Lots of changes, of course, but still have connections with a lot of friends here. Some really neat things in this thread and countless others. Fun to look back and helps to inspire the future. I still have to install a V-8 in our Fiero but I now have the engine, install kit and the car to put it in. I'm hoping this is the year, finally, but life will dictate that.

Many thanks to Archie for allowing me the honor of working for him in the past. The Fiero friends I have are forever.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Mark the paint guy

Mark,
I'd be glad to help you with the V8 swap. I built my first one in 1998-1999 and the second one, same car, from 2015- present.

I'd be glad to be a resource for you via forum, PM, or email.

Steve

PS: Kind and thoughtful message. Happy New Year!

------------------
88GT 355 CI, AED HO 750 Double Pumper, AFR milled 180, Dyno'd at 427 HP, 360 WHP, F40 6-Spd
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

[This message has been edited by V8Steve (edited 01-03-2022).]

Luperman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2022 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LupermanSend a Private Message to LupermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi V8 Steve and Firefox, I also have a motor build with a 5 speed manual transmission I want to install in my 87 GT, I'm on the tail end of my Journey to be able to afford the engine I want to install in it, trying to find the correct one in SUMMIT RACING would you know if this model would work?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-bp35513ctc1

[This message has been edited by Luperman (edited 01-08-2022).]

gatorfrey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good morning Archie.
I have your battery tray mounted, and was planning to slip a group 24 battery in it, but all the battery trays I found are just a little too wide to fit.
Your instructions did say to use the factory sized group 75, which I don't mind doing at all. But battery trays for a group 75 are not quite as common, and what is available, for a tray,seems dang expensive.
Do you have a preferred tray you use? I plan on at least using an AGM battery. But 4-5 hundred for the trays/battery combos I found hurts a little !
Thanks!
Wayne Frey
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to get more active on PFF.

My friend Curley made this video for me.

https://youtu.be/RBb0-T1_QXs

Archie
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm trying to get more active on PFF.

My friend Curley made this video for me.

https://youtu.be/RBb0-T1_QXs

Archie

Please do become more active on here. Curley really loves his Fieros and it's nice to see he still appreciates your hard work.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2022 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got to hang out with the man himself while attending the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

V8 Archie still doing his thing, albeit on a much smaller scale, with a widebody project under construction for a customer.

All of his other products still also available for sale. In fact I picked up a battery tray for my choptop while I was there.

It was an awesome get together.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-05-2022).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2022 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hanging out with Fakhri, Tony & Curley this last week. Went to SEMA Show and eating well. Love these guys. Had the best week I've had in more than 2 years.

Thanks for coming to town & lifting my sprits.

I promise to update "What's Up at Archie's" over the next few days.

Thanks

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2022 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh oh,…. Be careful !

We these two guys get together all sorts of things start happening. 😁

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-11-2022).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2022 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock