Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350406 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of my customers (who I did a V-8 swap for about 6 years ago) Has decided that He neded to have the TB over on the other side of the engine compartment. He only lives about a mile from the shop so it's real easy to get together on this.

We will be giving more info on this as soon as it can be made to work properly.

Pretty interesting so far.

Archie

IP: Logged
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Key Of David:

I strongly disagree with that statement. The 5.0L pushrod motor is a strong and reliable motor...one of the best motors ever designed and produced. What your friend did is in fact on the rare side...and there is a reason for that. There was no reason for him to do what he did accept to maybe be different or he doesn't like Ford very much for some reason.

actually there are quite a bit of mustangs and other fords (like 30's 40's street rods) with chevy engines. Hot Rod's top 50 fastest street cars had only a few mustangs and most were chevy powered. Weak link on the SBF is only 10 head bolts per side. Also hes a, basically anything american guy. He had a juiced foxbody GT with a 302 which ran 11's and he blew the engine on an since sold. Now that is a black on black 93 notch with a heavily built 383 and a either a 300 or 400 shot of nitrous (he hasnt decided on which to run yet). the cars a beast, mini-tubbed, full cage, tubular suspension, parachute, everything. He expects to hit low 9's high 8s if he uses the 400 shot. Street driven too. Anyway this thread is about Archie's cars lets get back on track

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
We will be giving more info on this as soon as it can be made to work properly.

Archie

I will be interested in what you come up with on this. Is there going to be anything special for mounting the crank trigger or will you be able to use the MSD unit? Also is there any special programing needed for the ECM?

------------------

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2004 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, I want to know more!

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume thats YOUR GT40 on the cover of Kit Builder Magazine. Congrats Archie!
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's about time the mag started covering people I know! Everytime I get one of those issues in the mail......it's usually covering a Cobra kit or something. I'm glad Archie's Gt made it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Way to go Archie !

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Archie.

Can someone post what stores this mag is in. I have never seen it around here.

Loyde

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations
sthtxfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sthtxfieroSend a Private Message to sthtxfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woo hoo
PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job, Archie. That's beautiful!
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats.

Archie... you also have an important PM,
thanks

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrat's!

Is this your FIRST cover..??

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Archie! I'll have to run out and find one of those (I believe Barnes & Noble or Borders should stock them)
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the cover. I'll have to run and get one of those.

About the Reverse TPI. What are you doing for your IAC? I got to about where your at(or at least what your showing). But noticed there wasn't enough room for the dizzy without losing the IAC plate underneath the Throttle body. I didnt' have a stock TB so mine may have been more in the way. The other option is to run a cam/belt driven distributer. But those are pricey to find out it wont fit anyways. WIth the crab cap, you'll have to run a crank trigger. FYI, the 96-98 vortec motors used a factory crank trigger with a crab cap style dizzy. The nice part is that its all inside the timing cover so its protected from the elements. But its pretty thick, so it will likely require you to cut the frame rails.
Thats about as far as I got with this when I found a good deal on an LT1 intake to retrofit on the Gen 1 block. I've never been a big fan of the TPI anyways. I dont like the looks of the runners. Most of my friends were disappointed when I got rid of the TPI. But the LT1 is so much nicer looking. And performs just as well.

Now the holley stealth ram, that should fit nice with the crab cap. And bolt right up for the reversed look. But thats my next V8 project.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALL RIGHT ARCHIE!!!

Gotta find some copies of that...

BTW, I haven't forgotten about the pics of the convertible conversion - I'd planned to upload them this weekend but probably won't have time now (going back to TN). I plan on doing a big detailed thread with all the pics as soon as I'm able, so you can snag the pics then, unless you want them sooner.

Also, I forget, did you want photocopies of the papers you gave me concerning the convertible?

One more thng - can you e-mail me Rob and Kris's last names? I'd like to add them to an appreciation plaque I'm putting in the car. (Oh, and what's the 'C.' stand for in your name? Or would you prefer to be known as 'V8 Archie'?)

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! I bet your a proud daddy!

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 PURCHASED

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Archie - I hope the "market" jumps all over this. Very beautiful car you have.

Mike

------------------
Mike

TPIs ZZ4 5spd Getrag

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having seen it in person myself, I have to say that the one word that leapt to my mind as I was looking at it was "flawless"... it's absolutely gorgeous. Pics (even magazine covers) do NOT do it justice.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Job on the cover, what kind of write up did they do????at least 2 pages I bet. You must have a early copy, mine is still not here.

Are you going to sponser my new drag car

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know my mail-man will be the first to look throught it before I do....all wrinkled too!
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doggonnit - my subscription expired last month! Congrats on making the cover Archie

Jim

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats one sharp GT (ford GT that is ) congrats archie!!!! ...............i remeber awhile back ago, before i had ever owned a fiero, i saw your LT1 Stinger in Hot Rod Mag i believe.........im so stupid for not buying it
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!!! Congrats Archie!
We saw it first hand at Carlisle Kit Car/Fieros at Carlisle show and it is sweet!
Borders here I come
freshfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes I too have to give archie his slap on the back, way to go archie. -gary-

------------------

------ MY FLEET-----
.....1984 2m4 se-305 v8 swap in progress....
.....1987 2m4 base duke all original.....
.....1985 2m6 gt. stage 3 chip, no cat.....
.....1993 Jeep grand cherokee v8.....
.....1986 chevy p/u fullsize 4.3.....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I'm still grinning.

The article inside has a big 2 page photo (centerspread) then a 2 page article with several pics. The article contains pics from 3 different shows, the Daytona show, the Knott's show & Carlisle, that has to be some kind of record.

This is my 1st Cover. I've had several write-ups on several of my cars but no covers. Several of my customers' have had covers but this is my 1st one.

Thanks again.

Archie

------------------

Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, Archie. From the pictures I've seen that's an awful nice looking car.

------------------
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom roll cage and exhaust fabrication

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:
Now the holley stealth ram, that should fit nice with the crab cap. And bolt right up for the reversed look. But thats my next V8 project.

That's a good idea, but the HSR is pretty tall, so you may run into decklid clearance, but a decklid scoop should take care of that.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

Gotta find some copies of that...

AFAIK, Barnes & Noble is the only bookstore that carries Kit Car Builder Magazine. You can also Subscribe to it by joining the Kit Car Builder club at http://www.kitcarclub.com/

Now as of a few minutes ago there is one Barnes & Noble store that is totally out of stock already. I just bought all 8 copies they had at the store at Rand & Arl. Hts. Road in Arlington Heights, IL. So don't bother to stop there.

Archie

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2004 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie you are now getting your due props I wonder what your detractors are saying now.
PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just bought all 8 copies they had at the store at Rand & Arl. Hts. Road in Arlington Heights, IL. So don't bother to stop there.

Archie

Dangit! I was *just* on my way out the door to go there, too... I guess I better keep looking, then.

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anything new happening?
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AFAIK, Barnes & Noble is the only bookstore that carries Kit Car Builder Magazine. You can also Subscribe to it by joining the Kit Car Builder club at http://www.kitcarclub.com/

Now as of a few minutes ago there is one Barnes & Noble store that is totally out of stock already. I just bought all 8 copies they had at the store at Rand & Arl. Hts. Road in Arlington Heights, IL. So don't bother to stop there.

Archie

Congratulations again Archie, soon the rest of the world will find out what we already know...that you are a FIERO GENIUS !!

I need to check the Barnes & Noble here in Houston

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today. Wonder how many people will notice you don't have any mirrors in the pictures from Daytona

BTW: You going to tell us anymore about that reversed TPI or am I going to have to make a trip to Archie's Clubhouse?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, I know your busy but, are you going to add any additional pics of JScott's choptop here?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's up at Archie's lately..??

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!! *Under~Surgery*

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

What's up at Archie's lately..??

A spy photo gives you a little clue

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that Archie's "2005" Fiero Project that he is building..??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock