Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350399 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new this week??
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Anything new this week??

Well, yeah, funny you should ask.

We've just finished a new nose for the GT40 ...... the new design replicates the new nose on the new Ford GT.

Archie

PS there might also be some other stuff going on, I'll go take another look.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie have u started on the successor to the stinger project yet

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie have u started on the successor to the stinger project yet

Well, not yet......... I was just about ready to start on it when the PFF Spyder got in the way. I had already bought the donor car and everything, so we'll probally begin on it in the early Winter.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Oh yeah we also started another V-8 swap on a Black Coupe.

The car got to the shop on Saturday, but the engine came in last week and so on Friday we unwraped it.

& since the car is an automatic & we are swapping it to a stick, we were able to go ahead and do some preassembly on it Friday.

Today we pulled the engine out of the unsuspecting Fiero.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Out comes that little 3.4 bugger.......

It's empty.......... echo echo echo...........

We also have the new ZZ4 engine trial fitted to the engine cradle but I forgot to take pics of it before we left tonight. I'll get pics of it 1st thing in the morning.

Archie

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so is the old motor going ot be pieced out?

wonder how much those headers would run someone :P

matthew

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Oh yeah we also started another V-8 swap on a Black Coupe.

I've seen that car before.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-20-2004).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your driveway, your garage, in front of your house ...?

Tina

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was right! First thing I thought was "I recognize that engine!" Is that bad, that I can identify forum members cars by the engine?

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post09-21-2004 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The secret is out of the bag that is OREIF's car

PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

I believe you are right.

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That makes 2 black V8 SE's in Illinois. Yours is shinier, though...for now.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe you are right.

Congrats. Another SBC on the forum. What are you doing with the 3.4?

[This message has been edited by Black-Azz-GT (edited 09-21-2004).]

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hah! I knew it as soon as I saw the pics.

I always liked your car, now even more with a V8.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

Congrats. Another SBC on the forum. What are you doing with the 3.4?

The engine, trans and exhaust are already sold. To three different members.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

16460 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Bump
Golden86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oreif

Is that the stock Y pipe on your old 3.4? If not, will the exhaust bolt up to a stock y pipe?

------------------

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Golden86:

Oreif

Is that the stock Y pipe on your old 3.4? If not, will the exhaust bolt up to a stock y pipe?

Yes, that is a stock "Y" pipe. It and the exhaust pipes are just coated with POR-20.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah. I was going to say the same thing.
I'll bet that's the cleanest, nicest, newest engine that Archie has ever pulled.

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PS there might also be some other stuff going on, I'll go take another look.

Oh Archie, you are a cruel, cruel man...

Ed

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today's update............

Here are the pics of the engine/trans/cradle assembly ready for the trial fit into the car. This is the only time I could get Kris to hold still for a pic.

We did the trial fit & then took it back out to remove the engine/trans from the cradle & finish paint everything. We did a little painting, finishing & triming in the engine compartment & plan to final install the whole thing by the end of the day tomorrow. This car is really clean & the work we had to do in the engine compartment is minimal.

My camera screwed up & the pics of the trial fitting didn't come out right.

After the trial fit we took the engine/trans off of the cradle & cleaned & painted everything.

This is how it looked when we went home today......

More tomorrow.

Archie

------------------
Somebody needs to do a sig for Archie

rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oreif,
I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to come over to the dark side. Congratulations on the V8 install. That is going to be one good looking car epically when it gets finished, and you have a V8 to show off in it. I would like to see it, next trip to Chicago.

Bob

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is he doing here??? Picking or Toking???

Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"& since the car is an automatic & we are swapping it to a stick, we were able to go ahead and do some preassembly on it Friday."

So why are you swapping out the auto Archie?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
probably because people tend to enjoy a stick for a sportscar more
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tcat55371:

"& since the car is an automatic & we are swapping it to a stick, we were able to go ahead and do some preassembly on it Friday."

So why are you swapping out the auto Archie?

Because the customer (me) wanted to convert it to a manual trans.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-22-2004).]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

16460 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Originally posted by rgeeinc:

Oreif,
I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to come over to the dark side. Congratulations on the V8 install. That is going to be one good looking car epically when it gets finished, and you have a V8 to show off in it. I would like to see it, next trip to Chicago.

Bob

Not a problem, just let me know the next time you're out this way.

LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So that is what my soon to be new tranny looks like. Take good care of it Kris.
Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Lambo, if it holds you will have to bring the car back up here on a weekend. We need to see how FIEROSTS holds up this time.
Ken86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken86GTSend a Private Message to Ken86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Somebody needs to do a sig for Archie

A little off topic, but I could be helpful and offer to do that. Take a look at Ken001's sig...I tossed that together for him in a few mins.

Just send me a private message if you would like me to make one for you, then we can discuss discounts.

PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This second GT40 is looking pretty complete, who is the owner of this one???
Thanks Gary
Well, yeah, funny you should ask.

We've just finished a new nose for the GT40 ...... the new design replicates the new nose on the new Ford GT.

Archie

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

So that is what my soon to be new tranny looks like. Take good care of it Kris.

Remember, You also get 2 torque converters as well. One is a Pro-Torque street/strip set at 2200 stall and a reman stock converter.
So you'll need to decide which one you want to use.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

What is he doing here??? Picking or Toking???

I wondered if anyone would notice.

He's Masterpicking, ............. that's posed but he isn't very good at it, it didn't turn out all that well. We'll do better next time.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today we put the engine back on the finished cradle & put it back into the car for the final time.

Here is what it looked like when we went home tonight.

We still have a lot to do yet. Gotta install the shifter, shift cables, pedal assy., hyd. system, front mount battery & cables. Still have to install the brakes, finish the cooling system, build the exhaust, get an alignment etc, etc.

But She's coming along nicely.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today we put the engine back on the finished cradle & put it back into the car for the final time.
But She's coming along nicely.

That is looking GREAT!!

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember, You also get 2 torque converters as well. One is a Pro-Torque street/strip set at 2200 stall and a reman stock converter.
So you'll need to decide which one you want to use.

It will most definatley be the stall converter.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Maybe like me you got tired of that 3.4 and jumped to major league power. Congratulations But no A/C?? I guess you don't need it as much as we down here

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are you doing the waterpump?

------------------
-Matthew
87 GT My transportation
86 GT My headache

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMGDriver:

How are you doing the waterpump?

CSI Electric water pump.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock