Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350420 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
fiero go fast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

We had a discussion about that and I've decided to try something diffrent.

Rob D.

Mold the ground effects around the rest of the car, and then forget about the ones on the door?

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm... pretty quiet in here. I'll post the 1st pics of the car on the floor after everybody gets back from where-ever they all went.

Archie

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're just all so speechless!

I love the work you do Archie, keep it up.

One thing about the A&B pillars, are they smooth or rough like the originals? I think it would be a sweet idea to smooth them (if not anready) and paint them to match your interior, but paint like you would the exterior with clearcoat and stuff. Wouldn't look too shabby at all I think.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

Selling my rebuilt and never run LT1, if interested email me dankuzma@hotmail.com.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Hmmmmm... pretty quiet in here. I'll post the 1st pics of the car on the floor after everybody gets back from where-ever they all went.

Archie

Common Archie, quit teasing!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's test and see if anyone is paying attention....

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!!!!!!!

Nice Archie! You and the boys do AMAZING work!

Chester is gonna love this!

------------------
MsBeth~The Coupe Boomtastic Racing
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.- Henry David Thoreau

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MORE! MORE! MORE! lol
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

MORE! MORE! MORE! lol

NOW! NOW! NOW! lol

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a car! right?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's still a bit dusty & there is several things yet to do, but check it out anyway....the door panels aren't final installed yet because I still needed to mount the windows......

I was over to the shop today and fitted all the windows, anyone wanna see?
Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

It's still a bit dusty
Archie

Looks like I have dust on the camera lens too.

PFF
System Bot
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie.... is there a special front end planned or has it just not been re-installed yet?

more pics!

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Archie! That looks amazing! Lets see the rest!!!

Rob D.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie.... is there a special front end planned or has it just not been re-installed yet?

more pics!

Chester was afraid I'd take the car to the drag strip while I had it. So he de-tuned the engine so it wouldn't run right and removed some of the body parts.

Archie

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

more pics!

It's getting an F355 nose that I have at home.

Rob D.

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, whats going on with the lower trim on the doors? It kind of stands out right now with the new side scoops.

Also, how come every chop top gets the IRM side scoops? Is this a buy one get one free deal or something?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

Also, how come every chop top gets the IRM side scoops?

This one doesn't have rockers....

'dis one doesn't either

That's 3.....

Archie

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that stock GT piece on the doors has to go. doesnt blend with the scoops
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot about your yellow coupe. I had never seen pictures of the other two. Still, quite a few seem to go with the IRM's. I'm not saying its a bad thing, just an observation.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Did a quick trip to put some gas in the car this afternoon and got my first experience of how strong the reaction to a choptop is! I had a crowd before I could get out of the car to fill the tank. Can't imagine how much fun it will be once the car is finished. Got the parts you sent - thanks!

Jim

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

I forgot about your yellow coupe. I had never seen pictures of the other two. Still, quite a few seem to go with the IRM's. I'm not saying its a bad thing, just an observation.

Oh, OK, I understand. The other 2 cars are covered earlier in this thread. You haven't read the whole thread.

I'm stumped to tell you which I like better.

With.....Cary's car

Without.... Jim's car

It's hard to decide.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-18-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Archie,
I had a crowd before I could get out of the car to fill the tank. Can't imagine how much fun it will be once the car is finished.
Jim

You'll get tired of that after a while.

I've found that when you don't want to be bothered, you make a point to not make eye contact with people in public places. Kinda like you're in a public restroom.

Archie

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Chester, can't wait to see it when it's completed.
Awesome Job Archie.

------------------

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking reallly nice! Archie when you were teasing us about what was going to happen at the shop with his car you entions something about engine mods? Are you doing anything with that?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You'll get tired of that after a while.

I've found that when you don't want to be bothered, you make a point to not make eye contact with people in public places. Kinda like you're in a public restroom.

Archie

Hey Archie that is the ole bar/nite club principal,.....never lock eyes with an ugly woman, cause you can bet she will be coming over to see ya !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Chester and Archie !

Chester you are one lucky Son of a Gun !!
Your car has gone from a 10 to a 25 !!!

Get ready my friend, cause people are gonna be all over you when you take that car for a spin. You are gonna have to stock the trunk with towels to wipe off the drool.

Also glad to hear you are gonna keep it black,..(my fav color). Can't wait to see that.

Archie,...another outstanding job !! Some people say you get too much credit and hype for some of the things you do, but I am not one of them.

The chops you do are truly unique and profesional, and add an awesome option to the fiero community.

Keep up the good work. Here's hoping one day soon I will be lucky enough to afford your services.

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So why is it, that most cars getting the choptops are fastbacks?

NOTCHIE BOYS!!! HE CAN CHOP YOU TOO!!!!

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie...I am very interested in a chop top... there is one drawback... I only have a t-top car... have you done any more research about doing one? I know it has come up before but I didnt know if you ever came up with a way to make it possible.

by the way I have e-mailed and pm'ed you about an engine swap and some rockers and have yet to hear anything...if you get the time check it out...thanks

by the way chester... you have one hell of an amazing ride... and the choptop makes it just beyond insane... congrats.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

looking reallly nice! Archie when you were teasing us about what was going to happen at the shop with his car you entions something about engine mods? Are you doing anything with that?

Chester already has a kick-butt SBc in there, I think I was teasing him that I was going to pull it out and put a stock engine in it.

Here is a thread he did on the V-8 swap. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/021178.html

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie...I am very interested in a chop top... there is one drawback... I only have a t-top car... have you done any more research about doing one? I know it has come up before but I didnt know if you ever came up with a way to make it possible.

I'm sorry, there is just no way I'm going to chop a "T" top car.

I would hope that this post can explain exactly why I'm not going to screw-up a Rare "T" top car.

Check this out......

When we chop the top we lower the windshield by 9 degrees. SEE "A"

That shifts the whole roof back about 1-1/2 inches. SEE "B"

That will change the angle and hurt the seal in the area where the roof panels meet the windshield. SEE "E"

As the roof shifts towards the rear of the car the trailing edge of the "T" top panels also moves back toward the rear. SEE "C"

As a result that will screw-up the seals and several other things at Fiero B pillar. SEE "D"

If you've ever removed the headliner from a "T" top car and looked at the "T" top structure from underneath (in the area "E" from the inside) You'll find that it extends almost all the way to the rear window. We do a lot of cutting and welding in this area and (SEE "E") and if we try that with a "T" top car, I'm afraid we'll ruin the "T" top car.

I hope that explains it.

I'll find your email and get it answered.

Archie

------------------

The LT1 Stinger Build Thread

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about the pics with the glass fitted...

Rob D.

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

that stock GT piece on the doors has to go. doesnt blend with the scoops

Thanks for the input, but it's going to stay. I have something diffrent in mind...

Rob D

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie: thanks for the reply... I hadn't seen an explaination about why it couldn't be done and now I understand *sigh* I guess I'll have to get a hard top car too
Russ544

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

You're welcome to copy my work for this front decklid. Might look nice along with some of your other creations. Someday I may make a "kit" with patterns; where to cut (and not to); pre-made side pieces, etc, but I just have too many other things going on to do it any time soon.

enjoy.

Russ Camp
86 SE350 (becoming 377) x 4 sp

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too much drool on my keyboard to type now.

Must get second job to start new fiero project.

Wait, must first finish V8 install, body mods, big brakes, etc...

About to pass out.

Must go.

John

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again Archie, you done a great job and thank you Chester for allowing all of us to view your car.

Hey Archie, just got through explaining the "car" and 25 minutes later he was amazed and said you did a good job.
P.S you may have to make additional business cards..... I'm running out!

------------------

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, how do those side panels look on a Formula ?
Very nice work !
Jay-ID

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:

Nice scoops. I've always liked the GT-40 style reverse scoop. You should make a thread on your process of making these. I've got a spare hood that could use that treatment.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:

Archie,

You're welcome to copy my work for this front decklid. Might look nice along with some of your other creations. Someday I may make a "kit" with patterns; where to cut (and not to); pre-made side pieces, etc, but I just have too many other things going on to do it any time soon.

enjoy.

Russ Camp
86 SE350 (becoming 377) x 4 sp

Sweet!! Kinda like mine ,but, I went "deeper" instead of "wider" like your's!! I think your's is pretty sweet!!

------------------
PostWhore of PFF!!

GT40 Kit 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 Kit 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 Kit 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jay-ID:

Nice scoops. I've always liked the GT-40 style reverse scoop. You should make a thread on your process of making these. I've got a spare hood that could use that treatment.

Funny! I love those scoops too! But most people point to the big hole in my GT-40 kit and say, "What goes in here?" In general, they don't like it.
Kevin

------------------
85 Fiero-based ASPP GT-40 MarkII. 3800 S/C, Auto, Held suspension all around with 2" drop spindles and sport fr. end. RCC bump-steer correction. Mr. Mike's interior.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock