Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350398 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here thay are Curley

Archie

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Archie, you have a PM.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Archie, I know your busy but, are you going to add any additional pics of JScott's choptop here?

Sure I think I have a few in process pics that he hasn't posted yet.

Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Any progress on the GT4T look-a-like dash you mentioned, to fit the stock interior cars?
Or are you waiting for your clone to show up to finish that project?

Russ

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I should bring this thread up to date on a few of the other things that have been going on at Archie's in the last few weeks.

This car just left for home today........You may have seen it last year at the FieroRama. It was powered by a 4 cylinder 5 speed. Don't pick on him anymore, now it has an LT1.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Russ544:

Archie,

Any progress on the GT4T look-a-like dash you mentioned, to fit the stock interior cars?
Or are you waiting for your clone to show up to finish that project?

Russ

The Clone would be helpful.

Actually I have a "secret" dash project that the glass guy started pulling molds off of today. Then the dash your talking about is next.

Archie

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

WOW, The Finale looks great in Yellow. That is a very good color for the body style.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 08-09-2004).]

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually I have a "secret" dash project that the glass guy started pulling molds off of today. Then the dash your talking about is next.

Can't wait to see some pics of that! Do you have an ETA on a few spy photos??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought I should bring this thread up to date on a few of the other things that have been going on at Archie's in the last few weeks.

This car just left for home today........You may have seen it last year at the FieroRama. It was powered by a 4 cylinder 5 speed. Don't pick on him anymore, now it has an LT1.

Archie

Hey Archie, do you have any more pics of the front nose from a side angle?

Questions: How much futher-out does the front clip stick-out comparred to the stock GT front fascia? Can a person buy just the front piece including part of the side fender and hood? Do you have any close-ups of the hood raised and from underneath it?

Thanks madcurl

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Questions: How much futher-out does the front clip stick-out comparred to the stock GT front fascia? Can a person buy just the front piece including part of the side fender and hood? Do you have any close-ups of the hood raised and from underneath it?

Thanks madcurl

Must be for #3.. lol

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!! *Under~Surgery*

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with #3? I have a finale in mind for #5
PFF
System Bot
matt_kroeker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matt_kroekerSend a Private Message to matt_kroekerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
noticed on the top of page 17 that they were using whay looked to be regular fibreglass to do the red GT chop top... how does that stick and if it isnt fibreglass with regular resin then what is it???

thanks
Matt

SaskatoonFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaskatoonFieroSend a Private Message to SaskatoonFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Justin

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question: Is that the PROM connection inside the trunk? Is that the same one that is located inside the car under or behind the lighter?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-14-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks madcurl

The front over hang on the Finale is actually 4" shorter than the stock Fiero GT nose.

I don't have any pics of the underside of the hood that I can think of, but I'll see if I can find some.

I can sell the front clip & hood seperately. However, the width of the trailing edge of the front fenders is about 2" wider than the stock door panels so something has to e done to blend them in.

Archie

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

When are you gonna chop one of these sucker's..??

------------------

*~*CUSTOM BUILT!!*~*

*~*W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!*~* *~*UNDER SURGERY!!*~*
*~*Ultimate Mod Coming Soon!!*~*

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2004 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to see the finale as a front only kit. I like what they did on the nose, but the sides and back are horrible imo. A nose only finale with the IRM rockers, and a chop top would kick ass. Someone PS that plz. Throw in some cool wheels if ya can.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Archie, couldn't help myself. Ever considered anything like this?
Cheers
Jim

Editted to add the obligatory choptop version.

------------------

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 08-15-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Sorry Archie, couldn't help myself. Ever considered anything like this?
Cheers
Jim

Editted to add the obligatory choptop version.

Wow, that looks GREAT!!!!!!

You just added another car to the long list I call "Projects I have to do".

I hate you!

The funny thing is that Friday, before we left the shop for the weekend Rob, Kris & I were talking about what our next project would be & we discussed a Finale Roadster.

I can't wait to show them these pics Monday.

Archie

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you like them Archie. I for one would love to see that built. It takes the Finale to a whole new level. Plus think of all the potential Solstice owners you could steal off GM
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, that looks GREAT!!!!!!

You just added another car to the long list I call "Projects I have to do".

I hate you!

The funny thing is that Friday, before we left the shop for the weekend Rob, Kris & I were talking about what our next project would be & we discussed a Finale Roadster.

I can't wait to show them these pics Monday.

Archie

LOL - I'd love to see a finale roadster..

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad you like them Archie. I for one would love to see that built. It takes the Finale to a whole new level. Plus think of all the potential Solstice owners you could steal off GM

Do you have any more views from different angles? Like a view that shows the headrest decklid area.

Archie

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have any more views from different angles? Like a view that shows the headrest decklid area.

Archie

If you can get me some good shots from the back, slightly above and from the back 1/4 view and an overhead shot I can show you what I had in mind.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you can get me some good shots from the back, slightly above and from the back 1/4 view and an overhead shot I can show you what I had in mind.

OK, Have a bunch of pics from different angles of Finales' but not of this yellow one. I hope you're thinging of a between the seats body colored waterfall and narrow headrests & seat backs.

Here are a few more pics.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone chop it with a hard top Finale rear window rear and just the Finale's front clip? Please.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-15-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay Archie, quit holding out on us. Show us that white LS1. Hehehehe.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you have any interesting visitors today Archie?

Something worthy of pictures maybe?

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Did you have any interesting visitors today Archie?

Something worthy of pictures maybe?

Yes, the guy who owns this LT1 powered Finale came by & we put a quieter exhaust system on it.

Is that what you mean?

Archie

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that what you mean?

Archie

Your such a tease Archie. Thats alright I can wait till Monday when I can see it in person

BTW: I think this is going to be my new sig now

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, WAZZZUUUPPP !! by the way nice job on all those beautiful cars. I have talked to you over the phone and now i feel stupid....i ask you about a quad 4 LMAO...anyway, I just wanted to say something about the chop top fiero,

It looks great But, Do you realize how many times i would bust the back of my head on that thing????!, anyway man great work, maby someday soon i will scrap up the cash to buy some rocker pannels off of you.. well,

c ya

---Tim--- 85se 4cyl 5speed

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anything on this? It could very well be the coolest thing you've done...

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boonch:...anyway, I just wanted to say something about the chop top fiero,
...someday soon i will scrap up the cash to buy some rocker pannels off of you

I did both, believe me you won't regret it. If you haven't checkout out the PFF Spyder build up in tech go there now. I almost missed it.

- Jonathan

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by virii01:

Anything on this? It could very well be the coolest thing you've done...

what is that???

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would there be anyway of taking the hatch piece from a Finale body kit and putting it onto a stock fiero body? I think the idea of a stock looking fiero wtih a hatch and window would be a great idea. Kinda like ferrari's (the 360 modena and F355 in mind) and just have a showcase for the engine...just wondering

-Coop

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

what is that???

It's an LT5 out of the C4 Corvette ZR1. DOHC 32 Valve V8 designed in cooperation with Lotus, built by Mercury if I remember right. Basically one of the rarest motors to go in the Vettes, with ZL1s.

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that engine! I wish I could get my hands on one of those to build up a little Man...I can only imagine. Let us know what's happening with it Archie!
--Bryson
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boonch:

Archie, WAZZZUUUPPP !! by the way nice job on all those beautiful cars. I have talked to you over the phone and now i feel stupid....i ask you about a quad 4 LMAO...anyway, I just wanted to say something about the chop top fiero,

It looks great But, Do you realize how many times i would bust the back of my head on that thing????!, anyway man great work, maby someday soon i will scrap up the cash to buy some rocker pannels off of you.. well,

c ya

Sorry, this is the only thing I know about 4 valve engines.

Archie

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new on setting up that crab distributor? (reverse TPI). Thanks.

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2004 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I'd boot this one up to the top so I can find it in a week or 2 to show you the new dash we have.

The prototype has been made, the molds are done, we'll be making several of them in the next 2 weeks.

A simple dash, low price, easy to install, what else can you ask for?

No prototype pics this time, you'll see finished pics first this time.

Archie

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2004 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see you're still keeping busy up there, Archie...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock