Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350410 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Boomtastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I better see some pics of the Rat soon or I'm gonna go postal!!!!!!!!!
IP: Logged
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

I better see some pics of the Rat soon or I'm gonna go postal!!!!!!!!!

Uh..I find that offensive, Boomer. I would appreciate it if you'd keep that off the forum. Let's act like adults here.

litespd, employee

Now, to keep on topic...Archie, any new pics of the Dirty Rat?

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 09-22-2003).]

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, using Gridlocks interesting logic here, as that term has been probably also been used many times all over the internet you shouldn't really complain about it and should instead just let it slide

I agree with litespd, where are the latest pics of the Rat Arch??
Enquiring Fiero minds realy want to see

Steve

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Happy Joy Joy .....

------------------
Zero C's 86 Gt Fastback
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Many Small Mods
Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Litespd knows me too well and is just busting my cookies. For my bad comment, I'll give the first batch of popcorn to you, okay?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting for Pontiac Excitement! he, he.

Is Archie's place now associated with hanger 54?

Sorry Chester, I got your name backwards;Correction.. where are the pics of Chester's car "the Dirty Rat"?

------------------

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too want to see pictures of "The Dirty Chester's" car "Rat."

I mean pictures of "Rat Chester's" car "The Dirty."

No No I mean pictures of "Chester's" Dirty car "The Rat."

Or is it pictures of Dirty "Chester's" car "The Rat."

Ok, How about we see some pictures of the car I wished were mine owned by the guy I am really jealous of.

------------------

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Well, using Gridlocks interesting logic here, as that term has been probably also been used many times all over the internet you shouldn't really complain about it and should instead just let it slide

I agree with litespd, where are the latest pics of the Rat Arch??
Enquiring Fiero minds realy want to see

Steve

Hi! Back off. Thanks. Have a nice day.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2003 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

I too want to see pictures of "The Dirty Chester's" car "Rat."

I mean pictures of "Rat Chester's" car "The Dirty."

No No I mean pictures of "Chester's" Dirty car "The Rat."

Or is it pictures of Dirty "Chester's" car "The Rat."

Ok, How about we see some pictures of the car I wished were mine owned by the guy I am really jealous of.

ROFLMAO!

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2003 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm not a bashing thread eh?

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

BTW, I am not going to start an archie "bashing" thread because it would not be tasteful and I am above that.

I saw archie talking more smack about the 3800s

I am sorry but I have to raise the BS flag on him for that.
I dared to disagree with archie and his a**-sucking followers that think he is a god

As long as people like archie continue to spew BS out on the internet, I, and others like me will be there to check his erronious statements.

Out of all the posts archie contributes, I see very little of them helping anybody but himself. Seems like that is all he cares about -- himself and the people he is taking money from.

EACH person will have thier own opinion on which engine is best, and why, but it all comes down to personal preference, Sure id like to have a v8 in one of my fiero's and id like to have a 3800 series II supercharged, AND id like to have a 3.4L TDC
None of my cars have them in though, its not that one engine is better than the other, its just i have no $$ right now for a swap, Archie doesnt force people to put v8's in there cars, people take the time to look to see what engine THEY want and THEY pay archie to put it in, and if they dont wanna pay archie to put it in then they buy a kit and do it themselves with no guns pointed at them or anything, ACE and West coast fiero also sell fiero engine swap kits as well, They are not active members of this forum so no one bashes them for posting pictures of thier cars, When was the last time you seen a shop do a 3800 s/c install and post pictures of customers cars? its sure been a while for me. Ed parks does a GREAT job at the 4.9L installs, but do you see archie talking smack about them?

its not that archie is a fiero god or anything, cause im sure he doesnt see himself as one, He is just a man like the rest of us who seen that people wanted more power, (as did he) and found a way to do that and make a living off of it, Wouldnt you if you could? Archie supplies a Great product at a price people are willing to pay, in return he gets food on his plate and a couple demo cars to show off. Are you going to take the mans food away?

Evidently he does a good job at it because his garage looks pretty full, When the v8 installs slow down to the point that he cannot make the business keep going then im sure he will then look into other fiero options, but it sure looks like he is doing good right now.

ok im done ranting, BTW ive got rhree fiero's hopefully one day one will have a v8 in it (85GT 4 speed) one will have a 3800 series II supercharged (85GT automatic) and one will have a 3.4L TDC (87GT 5 speed)

for now ill be happy with whats in them.

matthew

------------------
ford snow white 87GT 3.4L 5 speed 126k miles custom stereo install in progress, white ADR spade 17x7 rims
stock black 85GT 2.8L 88k miles ported manifolds, engraved plenum, AR-25 14x6 rims cd-player, and two 8" subs powered by a sherwood 6275 6 channel surround sound amp.
stock white 1985GT 4 speed 71k miles (forsell?)
rusted out 87GT (was t-top) missing roof, interior, brakes, and fastback clip (parts forsell)
non-running 87 coupe 5 speed nearly complete (parts forsell)
totalled 84SE automatic missing seats, throttle body and front from spare tire up (also parts forsell)

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2003 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

I think some of you keyboard gorillas need to read my complete posts instead of just skimming thru them and picking up phrases that catch your eyes.

This thread started on 12-28-02, that was less than 2 months after you joined PFF. This thread has now gone some 250 posts and 7 pages.

You picked up on one line in one post and started your crying about it.

And you call other people "keyboard gorillas".

Archie

PFF
System Bot
John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Archie just said "Shut the F**k up."
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pics?

Rob D.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Uh..I find that offensive, Boomer. I would appreciate it if you'd keep that off the forum. Let's act like adults here.

litespd, employee

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]
Going Postal... isn't that where you decide to strive for quick, friendly, efficient customer service? It does at one Post Office near me... at the one on the other side of town it's the antonym.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie,

Chop top junkie here,.....needs pictorial fix!!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John Boelte:

I think Archie just said "Shut the F**k up."

Well it looks like we've got our Highjacked thread back.

I also have my new home PC back from repairs and I have PIP pointed in the right direction.

Looks like I'll have to take some more pics.

If there's no more interruptions, I'll post some What's Up At Archie's tonight.

Thank You

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well alrighty then....post away! For a moment I'd thought the "rat" was in Hanger 54, he,he.

------------------

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
How about a couple of shots of my car to energize me for the long drive up tomorrow?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Archie,
How about a couple of shots of my car to energize me for the long drive up tomorrow?

Ok, fine...... let's see if I have PIP working correctly.....

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-24-2003).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Let's see, does that make the drive easier

Archie

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie - that does the trick! What time are you at the shop Friday morning?

Jim

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I 'll be away for a few days. We pack the trucks and leave Friday morning. If you need to get a hold of me Arch you can reach me via cell.

Hope to see some new pics on here soon!

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Thanks Archie - that does the trick! What time are you at the shop Friday morning?

Jim

I'm usually there by 8am.

Archie

Anyone want to see final pics of the other car we finished up a V-8 swap on today?

Here's a sample

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-24-2003).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Archie:

I just noticed that there is something wrong here........

That's Kris, one of the guys working for me, driving the car. He's not supposed to be smiling, He's supposed to be working!

Archie

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Iowa? what part of Iowa?

------------------
White, lowered 86 GT, with the 17/18 combo, custom interior, and LT1 in progress. I'm living the dream!!!

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heya Archie,

I have an off post topic question for ya since you've posted the chop top pics... Did you see the post where to get the tempered glass for the chop tops? Guessing so, will that be an option offered soon?

That would clinch my decision to have it done.

Thanks,
Greg

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr. Pat:

Iowa? what part of Iowa?

Gee, it would be kind of interesting if it was going to ..... say ..... Davenport.

But I'm home right now and don't have those records in front of me.

Archie

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2003 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I sooo love that paint job!!!!!!!

That is just nucking futs!!!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2003 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT,

Just curious what kind of wheels do u have in store for your new chop top ?

Any other visual changes or plans ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2003 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again Archie you have come through. Great job! Whats the total number of choptops now?
(1) blue
(2) white
(1) silver
(1) gun metal gray
(1) yellow
(1) purple.
Maybe we need a homecoming.

Btw, Archie is it easier to take the rear clip off, after a chop? Just wondering if I should wait to work on the rear clip before or after a chop? Curl.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2003 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim is on his way home with his chop top.

He left my place about 10:30 this AM.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-26-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
JeffMN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2003 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffMNSend a Private Message to JeffMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Jim is on his way home with his chop top.

He left my place about 10:30 this AM.

Archie

Outstanding. How much head room is lost? Do you compensate by lowering/thining the the seat?

I have a feeling you could charge people money or get the fridge filled full of beer just for letting them watch the process.

-Jeff

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet chops Archie, I love the look.

On the fastbacks it just seems to scream exotic sportscar. Not gaudy, not trying to look custom, just looks right.

On the Silver Notchback for the guy in California, Who's or What are those sweet side scoops? That's about exactly what I want to do to the side of my 88 Formula.
https://www.fiero.nl/uploads/imgs2003/Mvc-642f.jpg

[This message has been edited by Scott-Wa (edited 09-27-2003).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wonder if jim went through charleston WV on his way home./

matthew

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Finally made it back home - got caught in some really bad weather (30 solid minutes of hail). Too tired to type tonight - will post tomorrow.

Jim

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2003 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be running 17s up front and 18s in back - I have to install the new rear coilovers and take some measurements to see exactly how wide I can go. Plan on moving the rear spioler back a couple of inches and doing sidescoops similar to madcurls. I've just about settled on yellow for the paint, but might still be persuaded on blue (similar to Crazy Daves). Also going to do 13" brakes and Mr.Mikes Leather seat covers. Right know, I have to put it on the back burner until getting cleaned up from the mess from the hurricane left. Hope to have it done by next summer!

Originally posted by exoticse:

Jim88GT,

Just curious what kind of wheels do u have in store for your new chop top ?

Any other visual changes or plans ?

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2003 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

wonder if jim went through charleston WV on his way home./

matthew

Nope - stopped overnight in Pa and went to the Penn State game Sat afternoon, then down to Va Sat evening.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Jim ! Great car do enjoy.

I hope to be able to join you as a chop top owner one day !

Saving my pennies !

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump because I'm still waiting for Rat photos ..
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah man, we want to see pics of the rat
Show us some new pics Arch
Please?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock