Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350399 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

At a Pawn shop!!!!!! Archie's gonna have too get guard dogs and keep-out the rif-raff's.
Btw, have you bumped your head yet? What are the locals reaction(imports)?

Just to clarify, it was stolen from my house in New Hampshire while I was dropping the car off at Archies. I haven't driven the car around town yet.

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure We can do that..... Call me when you have time.

Archie

I want to send my second car there for a chop in December...11-13? okay with you? And pick-it up in January 10-15?

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:

!

Great job Archie...btw Boomtastic says he'll give you $50.00 american if you'll delivery the Stinger to us here LOL.

Ill go $100 american and two (yes two) 24 packs of bud

matthew

Jaygee79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

Ill go $100 american and two (yes two) 24 packs of bud

matthew

I'll give you that PLUS a ratty little lime green/red/black fiero for your next project

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jaygee79:

I'll give you that PLUS a ratty little lime green/red/black fiero for your next project

Trade Peggy??? Girl I know you aren't serious did you hit your head getting out the other day? That is a very cool lime green fiero! And thanks again for the ride

------------------
MsBeth~The Coupe Boomtastic Racing
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.- Henry David Thoreau

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,question; The Purple Pavement Eater...whats the over-all weight lost/gained for a chop? What are the "new" items that the new owner has applied? Got any pics?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Hey Jim88GT I think your choptop is #014 and Chester's is #015. Archie didn't make a #013...he skip'd the number.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mad curl,...Two chop tops !!??!!

You are my hero !

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Jim88GT I think your choptop is #014 and Chester's is #015. Archie didn't make a #013...he skip'd the number.

Madcurl,
Archie isn't superstitious is he? Heard anything from Trainman on the scoops?

Jim

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't that make Cary's white choptop numbr 13?

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm.....well Jim88GT, I don't know if Trainman has started on the side scoops? We hung-out at his shop last Thursday night talking about what else? Fiero's!

You can catch him usually after 8 pm pacific time. I'm sure if you guys bug him enough he'll get on the ball. Like I said their easy to make if you have the time.

I think the easiest part is to make a mold just for the curviture and over-all pattern. That way someone could just cut-off the original one and mold-in instead of making a complete mold of the entire side panel, but hey, what do I know?

------------------

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:

Trade Peggy??? Girl I know you aren't serious did you hit your head getting out the other day? That is a very cool lime green fiero! And thanks again for the ride

There are a select few other Fieros I'd trade mine for. The Stinger is one of them

plus, imagine what Archie could do with it....

[This message has been edited by Jaygee79 (edited 11-04-2003).]

jayguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jayguyClick Here to visit jayguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to jayguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks gret, can't wait to see it all done.

Speaking of a chop-top registry, long before I got my Fiero I would see a dark grey GT with the top chopped here in the Great Northwest. In fact, I saw it almost every thursday when I went to my staff meeting in Kent. Does that belong to anyone on here? I'll look for it again this thursday, and might even have my car there (depends on if we car-pool down there or not).

I'm liking the looks of the chop tops even more, and just might have to go for that treatment myself, someday.

------------------
Jay
'87 Fiero SE 2.8 5spd
'94 Ducati M900
'01 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner
http://jayguy4.home.comcast.net/

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dream is to someday be able to drive under the parking garage entry bar thing where I work, and not have to take a ticket or swipe my badge. One of these days I'll remember to bring a tape measure to check the height.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cheever3000 you can if your car is less than 42" high.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chester, Jim88gt, GMGW3, and DL10....any recent choptop pics?
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly,
Got the rear coilovers installed last weekend, but still concentrating on hurricane recovery. BTW - top of the roof is exactly 42" high. I probably won't shoot any pics while it's still in the "ugly duckling" stage. Hope to have it all done by late spring.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2003 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'M BORED!......Hey Archie, whatcha got cooking in the shop? V8's, GT-40's?
Yeah, its a bump^ he,he
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did take the choptop out for a quick drive today......

------------------

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Woohoo !! 500th post

Nope, nothing new...Been working on putting garage doors up so I have a nice comfy place to work on my cars this winter.

My 2 piece valve covers are still leaking real bad so no driving till their fixed

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 11-16-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy! What a eye opener. 100mph in choptop and with a lot more room to go.....priceless.
I wonder whats the drag-co-effecient is on a choptop?

I miss my choptop.

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-16-2003).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boy! What a eye opener. 100mph in choptop and with a lot more room to go.....priceless.
I wonder whats the drag-co-effecient is on a choptop?

I miss my choptop.

I think it's like 0.002

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive got to say, you do some awesome work Archie. Anything new in the shop?
sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For a get-together; Which one of the major Fiero events next year for a choptop reunion?
Or a better question which one is more "in the middle of US? Florida would be 3,000 miles for me and CA may be to far for others (and the major ones are always east of Californians) correction Caleefornians he,he.

How about the CFOGi Wheatstock event in June of 2004!? It's in Topeka Kansas. Can't get much more of a central location than that.

I want a choptop now

------------------

Primer is my favorite color...

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 11-22-2003).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

How about the CFOGi Wheatstock event in June of 2004!? It's in Topeka Kansas. Can't get much more of a central location than that.

I want a choptop now

Well, I'll be there. I'll be bringing at least a couple of cars including the Stinger if I don't sell it before then.

Archie

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well, I'll be there. I'll be bringing at least a couple of cars including the Stinger if I don't sell it before then.

Archie

So Archie,

Do I smell a choptop, 1988 GT with an LS6 engine in your future if you sell Stinger? Just curious. I know the long winters up north leave you guys with a LOT of time to dream up ideas and work on cars. hehe How about an update?

--Will

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

So Archie,

Do I smell a choptop, 1988 GT with an LS6 engine in your future if you sell Stinger? Just curious. I know the long winters up north leave you guys with a LOT of time to dream up ideas and work on cars. hehe How about an update?

--Will

Well you can bet it will be a chop top V-8 car, I think Those are the coolest 2 things that you can do to a Fiero.

Assuming that it will be an LS1 engine is a safe assumption. I've said before that I prefer a stick shift car. However, the pain from my Rheumatoid Arthritis doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon, Right now it's really hard for me to drive a stick shift Fiero so the next one will be a 4 speed automatic (that sucks!!!).

This next one won't have Suicide doors, been there, done that got the "T" shirt. I love the Suicide doors and I'll do them again sometime but not on this car. I have a couple of unique new ideas for the doors & I'm going to do both of them at some point. I'm still trying to decide which one I'll do on this next car.

I am open to suggestions for other features I can include. I don't really care if it's a Coupe of F-Back, the ideas I have will work fine with either body style. And I don't really care what color it's finished in.

If the "Right" customer comes along, who can afford the car and who has the patience to let me build it right & agrees to show the car around the country, I might even consider building it specifically to his specifications.

That's about all I can tell you right now, I can't wait to start on it. I just need to get busy and get the Stinger posted up someplace for sale. I gotta get that done this weekend.

Archie

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie!

I may need a Finale Body Kit to register my car as a kit car/custom built car.

Now that Tom Ridge is out of PA, we all got screwed big time. The new governor sucks. No one can even remember his name. That's how much we don't care about him. Thanks to him, emissions tests just suddenly popped out of nowhere, and in a rural state like PA, it's not needed, and it's a pain in the butt cause I was just about to start a Turbo Ecotec 2.2 conversion (which I have 50% of the parts for) when I get back from my Iceland deployment (although I have much love for the V8 Fiero's, I wanna try a turbo 4banger)

Anyway, do you offer military discounts? If not, any plans of a sale on the body kits in the near future? I thought you had a sale at one point for like $3500, or $3800, or something like that.

Also, what's the shipping cost, and how do you ship it?

Can UPS ship something that size? If you ship it freight, I may have an issue.

Thanks Man!!!

------------------
Nitrously yours,
Airman Michael C Casaceli
United States Navy

Will work for Race legal HKS boost controller and custom ECM.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie...
I really can't see you driving an Auto V8...

------------------
New Name.... New Attitude....
AKA. SmoothGT....

Custom Built SHAVED~WIDEBODY~GT!!

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well Arch... you can still have the auto built up with a good shift-kit and adapt a B&M type ratchet shifter, you could even go reverse pattern with a full manual valve body

I think a red chop-top fastback GT with an LS1 with the red LS6 beauty covers to match would be awsome. Have yet to see a red fastback chop top oddly enough being as it was the fieros most popular color. Would have to have a sweet interior too, either firebird/transam interior or use like an F355 interior kit.

something neat that you could do to the doors would be remote popping doors. You could use a decklid latch with an electric release for the door latch and wire it in, then use an after market keyless entry kit and use it to remotely pop the door/s open

------------------

+ a silver 85 2M4 *RIP gold 87 2M4*
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

PFF
System Bot
XRacer Pro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My suggestion is for an "F1 Paddle Shifter". Who wants to help Archie tackle that mod??

------------------
XRacer Pro...I Feel The Need For Speed!

http://www.tekchip.com/ferrari

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New vented hood?
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002
New vented hood?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

New vented hood?

Yeah, we took molds off of the Warber Hood, so that we can make them in fiberglass for the guys that want to install themselves.

Archie

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

I think a red chop-top fastback GT...

I don't think there has been a Red Chop-Top Fastback yet...

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Arch...any idea what the price will be for the fiberglass warber hood kit?
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New model starter for the auto kit?? Thanks Gary
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

New model starter for the auto kit?? Thanks Gary

No, that's a stick.

GT4D

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock