Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 61)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (351203 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I wish it was done when you were here too. We could have had a lot of fun practicing our drifting skills.

As far as a tight fit......

If you're talking about the LS3 fitting into the car, it's not bad as long as you have everything in it's place. The LS into the Fiero has a bit more room for CAI & other things in a Fiero.

As far as tight fit in the interior, the Solstice sucks....... It's tight. There's not even a place to put your garage door opener. The stupid sunvisor opens the opposite way & is all plastic, so you can't put it up there. There's no place to lay your cell phone where you can get to it before it goes to voice mail etc. With the top up you can't see the person at the drive up window at Starbucks. But you don't go to Starbucks anyway because the mickey mouse cupholders in the Sol suck big time.

Archie

Here is a sorta solution to storage needs for cell phones and openers....

http://www.kappasphere.com/...r/kapparoo_pouch.cfm

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Here is a sorta solution to storage needs for cell phones and openers....

http://www.kappasphere.com/...r/kapparoo_pouch.cfm

I'll check that out.

I forgot all about that little pocket on the front of the seat.

Another thing that the interior designer for the Sol forgot is that you can't flip the passenger seat forward while sitting in the drivers seat. You have to stop the car, get out & flip the seat forward after opening the passenger door & reaching the lever. That kinda makes the map pocket behind the seat useless for a map when you get lost. Or for anything else for that matter.

Oh well.

Archie
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The above reasons (plus there is no where to rest your left arm while driving) are what utimately deterred me from purchasing a Solstice GXP when they first came out. Deciding to sink that money into my Fiero instead, I guess you could thank the lousy modern Pontiac ergonomics for my business.

And...
The Fiero has a usable trunk.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Sol has armrests....???

The trunk is bad....just enough space for a weekend, but thats about it.

My brother just bought an MR2 Spyder, that THAT is a useless trunk!

I don't lock the passanger seat, just lean it back, that way I can access the map pocket.
It does tend to flop around when you quick stop though!

I have seen replacement billet cup holders for the Sol like the Arch Rival has. Link:

http://www.asapdigitalimagi...up-holder/4533447547

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 06-12-2009).]

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:
My Sol has armrests....???

Yeah, I know they have armrests on the doors, but they're too low. If you have ever driven a Miata, a Z4, or a Cobra with the top and windows down you can rest your arm on the top of the door. Try that in the Sol. You'll feel like a kid. But, I guess that is what gives them such a mean stance.

...They're still bad@$$ Especially with an LS3. Hint. Hint. Videos?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We started building another LS3 swap Tuesday morning & had it in for the 1st trial fit by 5pm tonight.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We started building another LS3 swap Tuesday morning & had it in for the 1st trial fit by 5pm tonight.

Archie

Is the tranny powder coated or painted? Looks like the LS3 is going into a 88 Fiero?
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie what exhaust manifolds are you using?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Is the tranny powder coated or painted? Looks like the LS3 is going into a 88 Fiero?

Yes, it's going into an 88 GT

The trans. is painted. P-Coating would require the trans to be torn apart & reassembled.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Archie what exhaust manifolds are you using?

Those are headers that I have made for the LS swaps.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Archie - I still want an LS ? swap in the F40. I have a few things to do to her first but don't stop doing what you do anytime soon.

------------------

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Looking good Archie - I still want an LS ? swap in the F40. I have a few things to do to her first but don't stop doing what you do anytime soon.

I concurr - can't wait to get the LS/6speed upgrade for CT#10

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... looking for new pics.
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What ^ said.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

looking for new pics.

On the Red '88 5 speed LS3 car, If the exhaust system gets back from plating tomorrow, we'll be firing it up for the 1st time.

On the Black '88 6 speed LS376 swap, we should be ready to fire it up in about 2 weeks.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, any additional pics of the intake? Are you finding that the parts are same curves as #022?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie check your PM.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another LS3 Fiero is heading home.

Archie
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to see a stock appearance fiero get the performance treatment for once!

Nice work Archie and crew.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

Your wish is my command. I exist to serve only YOU.

Oops, sorry, that what I tell my darling wife. Any how, as per your request Curly.

Archie took the pic 1/8/09. I kinda like the way she looks, sporty but not too flashy.
And kind of a "Stealth" vehicle, you can't hardly see that nice little LS3 engine.

~Bob

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a the famous no extra cost data telemetry system mounted to the rear vent so you can monitor performance from the shop?

Jim

Archie

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

714 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Is that a the famous no extra cost data telemetry system mounted to the rear vent so you can monitor performance from the shop?

Jim

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Any comments from other drivers at rest stops, gas stations, or his neighbors and how far did he have to drive? Oh yeah, how many miles did the original motor have?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something new

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it Archie
is it a cover or did you do new calipers?
D.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I like it Archie
is it a cover or did you do new calipers?
D.

Personalized, Aluminium covers.

One of our members is now making these as a kit & I've installed the 1st set on The GBCT.

I'll be posting a thread on the whole deal later this evening.

Gotta go out & mow the grass first.

Archie

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Personalized, Aluminium covers.

One of our members is now making these as a kit & I've installed the 1st set on The GBCT.

I'll be posting a thread on the whole deal later this evening.

Gotta go out & mow the grass first.

Archie

Thats pretty funny, I just posted a thread about doing something similar the other day. Good to see that it works!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie, I didn't know you were going to install them for me. I do plan on making them the same as the body color when I paint the car.
I hope you are going to install the first set of windows in the GBCT also. I think it only right that the first set go in the your first choptop.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Thanks Archie, I didn't know you were going to install them for me. I do plan on making them the same as the body color when I paint the car.
I hope you are going to install the first set of windows in the GBCT also. I think it only right that the first set go in the your first choptop.

first set for #1 I like it
PFF
System Bot
red84sematt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by red84sematt:

bump for updates!

The update on the Brake things are here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/103288.html

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

choptop #26 !?! Ok archie spill the beans !
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
choptop #26 !?! Ok archie spill the beans !

No big deal.

Just another Notchie Chop Top.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No big deal.

Just another Notchie Chop Top.

Archie

Archie, don't be so modest -- it's a big deal cause he's driving a modified Fiero which is always good in my book. I see some unique tweaks on the hood.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I still love these chops!!!! An 88 GT with a chop, a sunroof, a rear scoop of some sort, an LS3 motor, and the G6 6speed would make me wet my pants...

Wonder what the wife would say if I just happen to show up with one...

Arch - what say ye' on the price of one finished and what kind of timeline? Does the color of paint affect the price? Figure it would be better to have you panel off paint it while you have it apart than wait till I dissassemble and paint then reassemble.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what state is number 26 going to ??

Better yet, who is the lucky owner ??
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

what state is number 26 going to ??

Better yet, who is the lucky owner ??

#26 belongs to a guy in Ohio.

He has a V-8 in it that he installed himself. He's already bought custom wheels for the car & he's picking it up tomorrow morning. After a couple more small body mods, he'll get it painted.

He's not on the Internet doesn't even have an EMail address.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF19yPDWrKU

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-28-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool !

I am a buckeye too ! Archie if you can find out what part of ohio he is from.

What other body mods does he have planned and what color is he going to paint it ?

Let him know we would all like to see the final product when he is done. Very nice car. Curious also,...how did he find out about your shop and choptops without the net ?

BTW congrats again on the windows,..they look awesome !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-29-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock