Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 38)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350242 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

For my money, the Solstice is a bit too quiet right now. Both cars have new crate LS1 engines in them but the Finale Roadster sounds a lot better right now.

Archie

It's that short exhaust on the Fiero. The 2.8 sounds way better in the Fiero than it did in any of the other cars it was used in.

EDIT - Wow I own Page 38!!

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-21-2006).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the Roadster will be finished tomorrow. I'll be test driving the Solstice tomorrow. I'm using Solstice seatbelts in the Roadster & they better be in by Monday. If the weather is nice tomorrow or Sunday, I'll get a bunch of pictures posted.
Archie

How's the weather?

Schwing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchwingSend a Private Message to SchwingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Archie!

Originally posted by PaulJK:
From what I've seen of florida showers, it would do more than get you wet - it would fill the car with water ....

Not in the 10 minutes that Florida showers last.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Schwing:

Nice work Archie!

Not in the 10 minutes that Florida showers last.

Yeah, and just make sure the car is covered from 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM and it should miss all the rain.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

So what do you do when you are 1500 miles from home and a Florida shower pops up? I assume you have some sort of cover to protect the inside of the car?

assuming he didn't change the windshield angle he might be ok as log as he stays at highway speed. i got caught once in a brief shower that really wasn't very hard but somewhat steady while on the highway. i felt a bit of mist on my neck but beyond that it wasn't too bad. i was going to stop under the next highway over pass i went under to put the top up, but by then the rain had stopped.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Gone to Florida, See You in the Spring"
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2006 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool projects Archie!

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 03-22-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it is Spring now & I said I'd see you in the Spring.

We are back from Daytona & I gotta say the cars were better than ever.

Daytona was the debut of the PFF Roadster.

6 Speed, LS1, RCC Coil Overs/Tubular "A" arms, Mr. Mikes Leather, Big Brakes, Paint by FireFox Assembly by Rob & Kris. I helped a little.

Contrary to what some skinny High School kids say, this car proves that PFF DOES NOT Suck.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-28-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Also, my Solstice LS1 with it's new Aero parts made it's 1st show at Daytona.

Archie

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Archie...........I wish I could have went with you. Sounds like you had a great time.,
I'm going to have to come up there for a ride.....
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Looking good Archie...........I wish I could have went with you. Sounds like you had a great time.,
I'm going to have to come up there for a ride.....

Come on up on a nice day & we'll drive them both.

Here's your favorite place: The Judging Line.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From a FL member here, I want to say thanks for bringing your cars down for the show. The only sad thing is you didn't leave the roadster here to enjoy more of the FL sunshine.
Thanks Gary
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, back to work.

Could this be the 1st 6 speed 6 banger we're working on? or it it the 1st 6 banger car that I've ever considered putting the stock engine back into?......

Before........

After.........

(note, just trial fitting right now)

While we're at it, could this be the 1st SBC 6 speed going together?.........

Archie

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, a 6 speed on a 2.8?? great work
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

From a FL member here, I want to say thanks for bringing your cars down for the show. The only sad thing is you didn't leave the roadster here to enjoy more of the FL sunshine.
Thanks Gary

Thanks, it was good to see you again.

Archie

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will we get a Held Slalom Kit install pics?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After.........

(note, just trial fitting right now)

Archie

Now I KNOW this is my engine - the red Chevy embossed logos on the covers means it's my "quick burn" 350. Right? Oh please God, let it be mine!

When should I plan to pick up my "chopped", "hopped" '88 ? hmmmm?

My buddies here are buggin' me like crazy - "Hey Dave, when ARE you going to get that slingshot!"

Another friend here at the City of Mississauga is getting his Solstice in about 5 weeks - it's being assembled as I write this. He's been following your posts in the OTHER forum. Sez he'll run it as is for a few years - then bring it to you for the big V8...

Send me a PM when you've got a moment or two...

Dave (aka TAZMNDVL)

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, back to work.

Archie

Looks like it needs a good home Archie, btw the covers look great.
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

I know you are probably busy, but can you shoot me back a reply to my e-mail?

Thanks!

--Will

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Do you have any more pictures you could share of the back end of your GT? Mostly the strut towers and frame.
It was nice to meet you at Daytona, I hope to have more time next year.

ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpy
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Now I KNOW this is my engine - the red Chevy embossed logos on the covers means it's my "quick burn" 350. Right? Oh please God, let it be mine!

When should I plan to pick up my "chopped", "hopped" '88 ? hmmmm?

My buddies here are buggin' me like crazy - "Hey Dave, when ARE you going to get that slingshot!"

Another friend here at the City of Mississauga is getting his Solstice in about 5 weeks - it's being assembled as I write this. He's been following your posts in the OTHER forum. Sez he'll run it as is for a few years - then bring it to you for the big V8...

Send me a PM when you've got a moment or two...

Dave (aka TAZMNDVL)

AHHH thats gonna be yours!!! You better bring it to a maple view show!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

davidredhawk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davidredhawkClick Here to visit davidredhawk's HomePageSend a Private Message to davidredhawkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey archie, you are the man!!! i got wood looking at that sbc/6speed combo. hmmmmmmmmm, wonder how that would do behind an ls-1?????
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davidredhawk:

hey archie, you are the man!!! i got wood looking at that sbc/6speed combo. hmmmmmmmmm, wonder how that would do behind an ls-1?????

The Finale roadster is an LS1 6-speed.

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

AHHH thats gonna be yours!!! You better bring it to a maple view show!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it turns out - this one isn't mine - it's a 383/350. Mine's a 330/350. The difference, from the outside look is the 383 has an aluminum rocker cover and mine is Chromed steel.

I've attached some pics of my build - follow the link...

Picture so far are - me, the towing setup, Archies, the start of my chop, the engine in a crate, and then others with the chrome TPI - wahooooo!

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dhmarion@rogers.com/album?.dir=5a9b

Sorry had to change the photos up and change the link...

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 04-06-2006).]

davidredhawk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davidredhawkClick Here to visit davidredhawk's HomePageSend a Private Message to davidredhawkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
omg-blue steel wood, a diamond cutter. great job man. major wood.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davidredhawk:

omg-blue steel wood, a diamond cutter. great job man. major wood.

The kudos go to Archie!

I get a pat on the back because I'm paying the (Kaching, Ka-ching) bill at the end... Well I still ahd to work hard to get da money.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DrCPU's car is the TAZMNDVL. It's an '88 GT & will have a new GM Crate engine known as the 350HO Fastburn. We're going to put an all chrome TPI system on it with the G6 6-speed. It will be chopped & have RCC Coil-overs all the way around with our Big Brake conversion.

The chop is coming along just fine......... & the engine has a lot of Chrome on it.......

Does anyone think we should do a build-up thread on it?

Archie

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU's car is the TAZMNDVL. It's an '88 GT & will have a new GM Crate engine known as the 350HO Fastburn. We're going to put an all chrome TPI system on it with the G6 6-speed. It will be chopped & have RCC Coil-overs all the way around with our Big Brake conversion.

The chop is coming along just fine......... & the engine has a lot of Chrome on it.......

Archie

Wow! That engine bay better be real clean!

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Build up thread? Oh HELL yeah!!

The Fast Burn 385 is one of my favorite crate engines. I'll be VERY interested to see how it runs with this TPI setup. I may try to something very similar in my Formula. (still haven't decided on engine)

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets see a build thread for sure!

Sounds like its gonna be awesome!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A chopped fastburn 350/6-speed....
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like someones been busy

what are the shift points on the 6 speed? If it sounds good I may have to invest

------------------
3800 SC/IC Fiero Goin' pearl blue...

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay #24 is going to be off the hook...

The bar has been raised again!

tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

looks like someones been busy

what are the shift points on the 6 speed? If it sounds good I may have to invest

Are you going to be the guinea pig?
I am interested to see how one of these holds up to drag strip abuse.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, give me a .... The Anticipation is like passing a kidney stone, hehe.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tampalinc:
Are you going to be the guinea pig?
I am interested to see how one of these holds up to drag strip abuse.

There's a drag strip just a little east and north of Sarnia, Ont. I did a few runs on my Harley a couple of years back ... so as soon as I get a few kms on the new engine will take the new beast for a few runs to see what's up! You guys will probably have to wait till mid-june to see the numbers... but I'll post them when I get them!
domesticdriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for domesticdriverClick Here to visit domesticdriver's HomePageSend a Private Message to domesticdriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie - The Solstice looks great! When are you going to submit it for the e-zine? I haven't heard from you for awhile and I know that you mentioned that you would be submitting it. I'm sure our readers would be interested! Plus it's free advertising for you guys.

Great job over there keep it up!

------------------
Domestic Driver Magazine - A bi-monthly E-ZINE featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new under the hood at Archie's?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-30-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Anything new under the hood at Archie's?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock