Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350411 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, I have a question:
When removing or breaking out the rear window for installation of a choptop, do you break it before the rear clip is removed?
The reason why I'm asking is; I plan on doing some work on the clip area were it curves.

Also when installing the (new) rear window, is it installed before you put the rear clip on, right? Is the thickness of the rear window the same as the original? I want to make sure that I have enough clearance for my idea.

Beside, the thread needed a bump. Are there any new choptop projects?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-24-2004).]

IP: Logged
NickBW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickBWClick Here to visit NickBW's HomePageSend a Private Message to NickBWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well you can bet it will be a chop top V-8 car, I think Those are the coolest 2 things that you can do to a Fiero.

Assuming that it will be an LS1 engine is a safe assumption. I've said before that I prefer a stick shift car. However, the pain from my Rheumatoid Arthritis doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon, Right now it's really hard for me to drive a stick shift Fiero so the next one will be a 4 speed automatic (that sucks!!!).

This next one won't have Suicide doors, been there, done that got the "T" shirt. I love the Suicide doors and I'll do them again sometime but not on this car. I have a couple of unique new ideas for the doors & I'm going to do both of them at some point. I'm still trying to decide which one I'll do on this next car.

I am open to suggestions for other features I can include. I don't really care if it's a Coupe of F-Back, the ideas I have will work fine with either body style. And I don't really care what color it's finished in.

If the "Right" customer comes along, who can afford the car and who has the patience to let me build it right & agrees to show the car around the country, I might even consider building it specifically to his specifications.

That's about all I can tell you right now, I can't wait to start on it. I just need to get busy and get the Stinger posted up someplace for sale. I gotta get that done this weekend.

Archie

"Well you can bet it will be a chop top V-8 car, I think Those are the coolest 2 things that you can do to a Fiero."
Amen to that.

Well, I hope to be doing business with you soon.

------------------
This msg was brought to you buy a person who wishes he had an 88 fieroGT with an LS1 and 6speed.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Archie, I have a question:
When removing or breaking out the rear window for installation of a choptop, do you break it before the rear clip is removed?
The reason why I'm asking is; I plan on doing some work on the clip area were it curves.

Also when installing the (new) rear window, is it installed before you put the rear clip on, right? Is the thickness of the rear window the same as the original? I want to make sure that I have enough clearance for my idea.

Beside, the thread needed a bump. Are there any new choptop projects?

Thanks for the bump.

We remove the rear window after the rear clip is removed.

Yes the new rear window is installed before we reinstall the rear clip.

Yes the rear window is the same thickness as the original.

I saw the pics Chester posted of the new project, lookin cool, can't wait to see it.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring is just around the corner & it's nice to get the new cars out to see what they'll do.

Did the 1st. extended driving with the GT40 today & It feels great.

Also we started on the next GT40 this week too.

Archie

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2004 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie that car look amazing will you be offering a kit? also do you sell the stabilizer bar with the Heim ends if so how much I need one to stabilize my engine .
Mighty Mouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mighty MouseSend a Private Message to Mighty MouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:
New model starter for the auto kit?? Thanks Gary

I really can't believe that there hasn't been more said about this picture.........

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an aluminum block, so maybe it's a ls6. But, hopefully the lt5 that was posted a while back. I've never seen either up close, but I'm thinking it's the ls6 because of the spark plugs.

Steve

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cancerkazoo:

It's an aluminum block, so maybe it's a ls6. But, hopefully the lt5 that was posted a while back. I've never seen either up close, but I'm thinking it's the ls6 because of the spark plugs.

LOL I was thinking the same thing about the pic not being questioned much... I've seen it in person (and you're close, but not 100% on target ).

DCsoundNut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCsoundNutSend a Private Message to DCsoundNutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spring is just around the corner & it's nice to get the new cars out to see what they'll do.

Did the 1st. extended driving with the GT40 today & It feels great.

Also we started on the next GT40 this week too.

Man... I just creamed myself!!!

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mighty Mouse:

I really can't believe that there hasn't been more said about this picture.........

Look familiar to you does it?

------------------

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You need to put those two cars side by side for my scrap book........

Looking beautiful!

When's the open house?

Mark

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mighty Mouse:

haha.... How about this?

DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for the make and model of the wheels on archie's GT40/
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DandRauto:

Looking for the make and model of the wheels on archie's GT40/

I love those wheels too, I have the same style on my Blue Fino

http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=58&sizeIndex=0&showRear=no&setIndex=11&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=

Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I see a LS6 kit in the future (hoping hoping)? And is that a hand stirred gearbox, I think I see a slave cylinder.

------------------
You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside

Mighty Mouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mighty MouseSend a Private Message to Mighty MouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

haha.... How about this?

ARCHIE!!! You just made My friggin' YEAR!!!

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notice the reversed LSx intake.

My engine plans may have changed. I'd love to see what the all aluminum V8 swap does for the car's weight.
This could be so much easier than trying to make a Fast Burn 385 pass emissions. (and potentially cheaper, considering I wouldn't have to convert to FI)

Looking forward to more info, Archie!!!

------------------

JacobHaley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JacobHaleySend a Private Message to JacobHaleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, when is the Discovery Channel going to show up at your shop to tape an episode of Rides?
JacobHaley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JacobHaleySend a Private Message to JacobHaleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JacobHaley

269 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Or maybe they can make a series called "American Chop-Top"
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JacobHaley:

Or maybe they can make a series called "American Chop-Top"

I did these awhile back when someone mentioned a similiar concept:

Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JacobHaley:

Archie, when is the Discovery Channel going to show up at your shop to tape an episode of Rides?

I think all the forum members should email Discovery Channel and tell them about Archie's.
-Mike

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk about a chop, Check this out.

1-25-04 9:19 AM

1/26/04 6:30 PM

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-27-2004).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

When is your open house this year? I thought it was usually in March but havn't heard anything. I have been there for the past several and this time I actually have a reason to buy a kit!

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Archie,

When is your open house this year? I thought it was usually in March but havn't heard anything. I have been there for the past several and this time I actually have a reason to buy a kit!

I think it's in April 1st or 2nd week. I sure hope it's on a weekend when I'm in town.

I hope someone posts the correct date up here.

Archie

DandRauto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

I tried the link to the tire rack but just got that session has expired. Looking at the small pictures, I still could determine which ones they acturally were. Do you have the brand of wheel?

Dick of DandR

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DandRauto:

Archie

I tried the link to the tire rack but just got that session has expired. Looking at the small pictures, I still could determine which ones they acturally were. Do you have the brand of wheel?

Dick of DandR

EVO-5 Search for wheels for a PT Cruiser.

Archie

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Notice the reversed LSx intake.

My engine plans may have changed. I'd love to see what the all aluminum V8 swap does for the car's weight.
This could be so much easier than trying to make a Fast Burn 385 pass emissions. (and potentially cheaper, considering I wouldn't have to convert to FI)

Looking forward to more info, Archie!!!

Well mine weighed in at 1240 front and 1660 rear for a total of 2900 at a truck stop scale. That was topping the tank off just prior to going on the scales and with the battery up front.

You wont regret a LSx swap if you decide to go with one. They are a blast to drive. It will be two years this August for me. Hopefully I will not be so swamped at work this year and will have time to make a few more shows.

------------------
LS1 v8 T-Top 87 GT

http://www.acxunlimited.com/ls1swap.htm

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay Archie, lets see some pics of the recent choptop. Oh yeah, bump, thats if your starting a new thread? hehehehe.

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Okay Archie, lets see some pics of the recent choptop. Oh yeah, bump, thats if your starting a new thread? hehehehe.

Ok there are a few pics of the latest Chop Top in this thread. He's be posting up a new thread to PFF soon detailing the way that He's going to finish the car.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040376.html

The next question is....... Who wants to see a build up on the LT1 swap that We just started this week?

Archie

moto838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moto838Send a Private Message to moto838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do I do. By the way how's the LS swap going and are you making provisions to use the 4t80e transaxle? Joe
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The next question is....... Who wants to see a build up on the LT1 swap that We just started this week?

Archie

Always love to see the swap posts Archie. So please post away, will be looking on with bated breath.
Bob

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well you already know my answer. Press the "start" button, please.

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, well this will be a Yellow Finale with a 1994 'Vette LT1 in it.

The car was assembled & painted by the owner & He's driven it with the 4 banger for a year or so.

Here are a few pics of the engine.

Before you ask, Yes that is the new George Foreman Lean Mean intake system on top of that LT1.

Archie

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car sure does look sharp in yellow!
sthtxfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sthtxfieroSend a Private Message to sthtxfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
archie you need to install a web cam in your shop so we dont have to beg for pics

------------------
If i wanted my fiero to look like another vehicle i wouldnt drive a fiero i would drive that car
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
V 8 INDY

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie----are you going to reverse the new George Foreman Lean Mean intake system on top of that LT1?
Car Michael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone know someone who sells LS1/LS6 kits yet? I know archie said he would make a kit for sale but its been like a year now and i can't imagine it taking much longer since a few members have fabricated their own kits in a matter of a few weeks with good results. so i am guessing he is not doing one after all.
Anyone?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sthtxfiero:

archie you need to install a web cam in your shop so we dont have to beg for pics

That would be a great idea to put into place, However 3 things are keeping me from doing it.

1) I have no clue how to do Web Cam stuff

2) I can only get Dial-up at the shop.

3) I like to hear you Beg.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Car Michael:

anyone know someone who sells LS1/LS6 kits yet? I know archie said he would make a kit for sale but its been like a year now and i can't imagine it taking much longer since a few members have fabricated their own kits in a matter of a few weeks with good results. so i am guessing he is not doing one after all.
Anyone?

Actually He is doing one. Doing a one off swap of any kind is a lot easier than designing a kit that will work for every Tom, Dick & Harry everytime.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Before We put the car up on jackstands, We unbolt everything We can from the top end. We disconnect the Wire harness from the ECM and take it out with the engine.

Once We have the car up in the air, We can hook up the overhead hoist & remove the brake calipers from the hubs and hang them in the wheel well. We will be removing the engine cradle, Engine/trans & suspension all in one assembly.

In this overhead view, you can see the wireharness laying on top of the engine.

Archie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock