Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 74)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350425 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Stunning work on the GT40 replica there Archie. Just stunning.

Thanks very much. It is a real nice car.

I'm going to do a bunch of pics & some video next week. Then in about 2 weeks it ships out to Qatar.

Archie
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

It makes you sad.

Archie

Yep. #019. I remember when Will-Martin asked if he could switch the numbering system with me. I arrived right before Will did thus I was originally #019 chop top. Since Will had 19" wheels on all corners he wanted his car to be #019, so I then became #020.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Whay type of fog and turn lights does the owner plan on using?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little update on the Chopper.

We've had quite a few processes going on at the same time on the ChopTop.

After modifying the front of the nose, we had to modify the "floor" of the nose to make it flat & take it down below the new openings.

You can see how the old floor was not low enough to be under the new openings.

Here you can see the floor getting flatter....

We also found a way to mount the mirrors that the customer supplied.

He also supplied a tail light panel. It had a bit too much curve in it. So we cut a few places to take some curve out, then we'll fiberglass it to the the curve right.

We modified the center gage console in the dash to mount the bigger radio & the new heater controls.

We've also been mounting a new spoiler on the back

There was no mounting providions on the back of the tail light panel, so we had to make them & we made some mounting brackets to mount the new LED tail lights.

One we verified the mounting, we glassed in all the mounting brackets we made & finished up the panel.

Has to to some sanding & filling.

Archie
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I first saw the pics of Will's car, I was happy for Will, I though finally he took it to someone who will finish the job

But I can understand why he decided to sell it.

Archie

Could you please tell me what do you use to sand the fiberglass, from the ruff stage,
when its first layed down, to the way it looks on the above pictures ?
For example, do you start w/ a grinder w/ 36 grit paper, then 80 grit, etc. etc.
I would really appreciate it

right now I am using a 4" grinder and lets just say that is very ruff
I think a see a DA on top of the white car, is that one of the big 7" sander or a DA ?
Any tips would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little update on the Chopper.

We've had quite a few processes going on at the same time on the ChopTop.

After modifying the front of the nose, we had to modify the "floor" of the nose to make it flat & take it down below the new openings.

You can see how the old floor was not low enough to be under the new openings.
Archie

No doubt the owner will have you install a scrap bar/rollers in the front (like troyboy's) right?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

When I first saw the pics of Will's car, I was happy for Will, I though finally he took it to someone who will finish the job

But I can understand why he decided to sell it.

Archie

Could you please tell me what do you use to sand the fiberglass, from the ruff stage,
when its first layed down, to the way it looks on the above pictures ?
For example, do you start w/ a grinder w/ 36 grit paper, then 80 grit, etc. etc.
I would really appreciate it

right now I am using a 4" grinder and lets just say that is very ruff
I think a see a DA on top of the white car, is that one of the big 7" sander or a DA ?
Any tips would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

ON this car, we have 2 different situations with fiberglass.

The White fiberglass are parts that came out of molds. Those parts have White gelcoat on them. While, for the most part, they have to be sanded lightly to finish. Or sometimes they will have low spots in them like the tail light panel, it had a low spot in the middle & was a bit high at the top in the center. Sanding & filling was needed.

Then you have the raw fiberglass like we have when fabricating the modifications to the nose or like we will have have to do to glass in the rear spoiler over the next few days.

I'll post up some details on that process as we do it.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by madcurl:

What type of fog and turn lights does the owner plan on using?

Initially the customer wanted tp do a nose similar to Troy's Stage One nose except with the grill opening to be wider at the bottom than at the top.

We were beginning to work on that idea & then out of the blue & without even knowing what the owner had in mind, a popular PFF member Emailed me this PS. He called it the Storm Trooper.

Note: he sent that PS before we started modifying the nose & without any idea what the customer had asked for.

I sent the PS to the customer &, being a Star Wars fan, he loved it.

A little modification to add a light & this is what the customer approved yesterday.

Archie
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly said it looks more like a Cylon...

...than a Stormtrooper

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then you have the raw fiberglass like we have when fabricating the modifications to the nose or like we will have have to do to glass in the rear spoiler over the next few days.

Archie

Thank you very much,The raw fiberglass is what I was refering to, I look forward to it
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any turkey day updates ??
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Note: he sent that PS before we started modifying the nose & without any idea what the customer had asked for.

A little modification to add a light & this is what the customer approved yesterday.

Archie

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Curly said it looks more like a Cylon...

Yep.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little test of my GoPro camera.

http://youtu.be/nye5WnZIYVk

Archie
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wicked!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I take it that the cop didn't turn around, huh? Nice video and a definte improvement over your old digital camera.
34blazer660

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 34blazer660Send a Private Message to 34blazer660Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little test of my GoPro camera.

http://youtu.be/nye5WnZIYVk

Archie

instead of trying to see the actual gages with the camera, use your datalog(.csv) and burn the graphics into the video, with race render 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...H0F1DrE&feature=plcp

at night but you get the idea

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, what exactly did you use and where did you get your plastic for the inner fender liners on the GT40? It makes for a very clean set up!

Thanks,
Kevin
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would need to get it from a local plastics supplier. We happen to have one right down the street from the shop.

It comes in 4' x 8' sheets.

We bought 1/8" thick Black ABS sheet. pebble finish on 1 side & smooth on the other side.

You'll never believe some of the parts we've made out of this.

Hope that helps

Archie

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Hey Archie, what exactly did you use and where did you get your plastic for the inner fender liners on the GT40? It makes for a very clean set up!

Thanks,
Kevin

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Wow:
Good work Archie.
Mabe not my style but I love the art of custom cars.
Yep. [/QUOTE]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You would need to get it from a local plastics supplier. We happen to have one right down the street from the shop.

It comes in 4' x 8' sheets.

We bought 1/8" thick Black ABS sheet. pebble finish on 1 side & smooth on the other side.

You'll never believe some of the parts we've made out of this.

Hope that helps

Archie

Yes sir it does, thanks!

Kevin

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then you have the raw fiberglass like we have when fabricating the modifications to the nose

Archie

Hey
Just wanted to remind you....
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Arch,

Do you have a "kit" for suicide doors? Or at least hinges? Or, what would you charge to setup suicde doors on a Fiero Chassis? Thinking I might just drag it up there and let the pro's do it for me. Drop me a PM! The GT40 is incredible. You guys never cease to amaze.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://youtu.be/0uENweAP0vI

Does that LS3 Supercharged engine have a Getrag 282 bolted to it?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Does that LS3 Supercharged engine have a Getrag 282 bolted to it?

It's a G6 6 speed.

Archie
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a G6 6 speed.

Archie

Ah ok. I was wondering if the 282 will hold up to a v8. The LS4 has my attention. Also the L67 does as well. Just weighing options.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The latest MadArch ChopTop is almost finished.

We have it almost to the point where the customer wanted it, we should be done sometime Monday.

Then I'll get it outside & take a bunch of pics.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-09-2012).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahh, a snow plough! Just in time for the season.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A last look at the GT40 before it ships out.

We think it could be a bit too high but the customer has approved this profile.

Arraingements are being made to ship this car right now, so if anyone has any picture requests, now is the time.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
The Storm Trooper is done too.

This one is leaving soon too.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie is this guy a member of the forum ?? If not tell him he needs to join so we can see some more pics once he gets some wheels on it.

P.S. Any more contact from the choptop owner in Washington state ?
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that GT40 is a work of art!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the GT40!
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Just a couple of questions for you about some of your swaps.

In a previous post somewhere in this long blog you posted pics of an LT5 Corvette motor (32-valve). Did you ever install that in a car? Other than the cool and wow factor of that specific motor would anybody still want that type of install with todays technology in the motors?

What are you doing for the electronics? I'm not up on everything (read as anything ) V8 wise so I don't know if you run a computer swap like the 3800 crowd or you go with a completely new programed brain to run everything.

I see most of your swaps are with the 6-speed transmission do you offer the swap with the 4t65e similar to what Don Kraus has?

I'm sure you posted answers to all of these but I get lost going back through the thousands of posts.

[This message has been edited by IwannaIRM (edited 12-17-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Archie to where and to whom is the GT40 headed ?!!?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Archie,

Just a couple of questions for you about some of your swaps.

In a previous post somewhere in this long blog you posted pics of an LT5 Corvette motor (32-valve). Did you ever install that in a car? Other than the cool and wow factor of that specific motor would anybody still want that type of install with todays technology in the motors?

We supplied the adapter system & the customer installed that LT5 engine. With the technology today, I don't think you'll see a lot of the LT5's being used. Even with the good old SBC, there are some real nice injections systems that you can use with them. However, IMHO, the LS engines are the best bang for the buck. & have better prices than the LT5's with more power & way past the LT5 in technology.

What are you doing for the electronics? I'm not up on everything (read as anything ) V8 wise so I don't know if you run a computer swap like the 3800 crowd or you go with a completely new programed brain to run everything.

Electronics depend on the engine...... On that LT5, when we bought the engine (it was a new engine BTW) it came with a Street & Performance (S&P) universal wiring harness & programmed ECM. That kind of harness/ECM deal is considered a Universal conversion harness that makes all the connections to the engine & you just wire in like 6 wires into the Fiero harness. In this case & all of the cases below, my video instructions tell you where & how to connect those wires into the stock Fiero harness.

On a carburated SBC & some of the aftermarket injection systems for the SBC, my instructions show you how to wire them in.

On SBC engines with GM TPI or T.B. you can use a universal harness from Painless Wiring or S&P or any one of a dozen other harness suppliers that advertize in Hot Rod & other car magazines. Once again my instructions would show you how & where to integrate it into the Fiero harness.

The most exciting package these days are the LS series of engines. There are at least 15 major suppliers that can supply proven harnesses & ECM & programming. That, along with my instructions on how to integrate the universal harnesses into the Fiero harness, means you can truely have a plug & play build.

GM even offers universal ECM wire systems for some of their crate LS engines. For example GM offers the new Ls3 crate engine like this http://www.crateenginedepot...19258770-P10590.aspx & the GM controller system for that engine http://www.crateenginedepot...19258270-P10728.aspx & you're there. This, along with my kit, is a plug & play system that can be relied on.

The most exciting thing going on with LS engines is the new GM LS3 E-Rod system. http://www.crateenginedepot...19257234-P10978.aspx Read up on it......... it's a CARB approved system that can be used on your '57 Chevy Hot Rod or your Fiero Hot Rod & be smog legal.

You may notice that all of the suppliers that I've noted above are companies that supply parts, ECM's & harnesses to thousands of Hot Rodders. They've got it figured out. They don't build this stuff in the basement at home. This is big business & proven products with real techs that you can call if you need help. You can't get that kind of experience & service for the 3800. It's not like sending your harness to Lloyde & hoping he sends it back within a year.

I see most of your swaps are with the 6-speed transmission do you offer the swap with the 4t65e similar to what Don Kraus has?

I'm sure you posted answers to all of these but I get lost going back through the thousands of posts.

I have kits for both the automatic & stick shift for the SBC & it's Stick shift only on the LS engines.

Hope that helps.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<<<<ARCHIE CHOP TOPS>>>>>>

001. Great Blue Choptop (GBCT) ....................Aug 1998
002. Purple Pavement Eater (notchback)......... 1998 (Finished at Archie's shop by Archie and NIFE Volunteers)
003. 246 Dino Replica for a guy in Indiana.............. 11-13-98
004. PFF ChopTop ..................................... 11-20-98 (new owner Exoticse 2005)
005. Vasquar ............................................. 9-1-00
006. Steve in Rockford IL..................................... May 2001
007. Stinger .......................................Jan 2002
008. PFF GMGW3 Cary ......................... Sept 2002
009. Gun Metal GT fastback Tacoma Washington ..Oct. 2002
010. PFF Jim's 88 GT Jim Albright ................June 2003
011. Silver Choptop Curley.................. fall 2003
012. Chester's Dirty Rat Rob D............. Oct 2003
013. Black Death - Fierotaz (Leroy) ........... Mar. 2004
014. Proud-1 Jscott1 ................... July 2004
015. Curley's widebody................sept 2004?
016. Dowdian's Sharona..................December 2004?
017. Black 85 Fastback LS1
018. Bob's "SideWider" a.k.a Stinger clone
019. Will-Martin's Formula
020. MadCurl Project #3 (Widebody)
021. New project for V8Archie
022. IMSA Chop top - Troy Boy from New York
023. Dr. CPU from Mississauga, ON, Canada
024. Cornersonrails - Algonquin,Il USA
025. FIEROciousGT (David)- Central, FL
027. Storm Trooper....................Decemeber 12th, 2012

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-20-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Choptop recap: to be continued

#001 Great Blue Choptop

002. Purple Pavement Eater (notchback)......... 1998 (Finished at Archie's shop by Archie and NIFE Volunteers)

009. Gun Metal GT fastback Tacoma Washington ..Oct. 2002

010. PFF Jim's 88 GT Jim Albright ................June 2003

011.Silver Choptop Curley.................. fall 2003

012. Chester's Dirty Rat Rob D............. Oct 2003 (currently owned by a new member for re-tweaking)

015. Curley's widebody................sept 2004?

018. Bob's "SideWider" a.k.a Stinger clone

019. Will-Martin's Formula

020. MadCurl Project #3 (Widebody)

021. V8Archie

022. IMSA Chop top - Troy Boy from New York

023. Dr. CPU from Mississauga, ON, Canada

024. Cornersonrails - Algonquin,Il USA

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-26-2012).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now if GM would only make a transverse(FWD) transmission with the LS3 pattern...

In the meantime, any updates on an LS4 kit?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Now if GM would only make a transverse(FWD) transmission with the LS3 pattern...

In the meantime, any updates on an LS4 kit?

What's wrong with an adapter plate?
Although the methods I would use for a RWD LSx block would be different than Archie's, I see no major faults is a properly made adapter plate. To me, it seems adapted the standard block is less of a headache that adapting the LS4 (even with the Autotragic). But either seems complex when using a F40.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock