Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 53)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350398 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Fire451

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Acrhie any updated pics on the miura as you told me you were putting the wheels on it when I was talking to you on the phone????

Here is a link to the 308 gts I that we are doing for my customer
http://westcoastfieros.com/...ID=402&PN=1&get=last

[This message has been edited by Fire451 (edited 12-20-2007).]

IP: Logged
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fire451:

Hey Acrhie any updated pics on the miura as you told me you were putting the wheels on it when I was talking to you on the phone????

The build thread is here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/088109.html
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fire451:

Just a little confusion here....... Let me see if I can clear this up.

We're actually building 2 cars right now that will be looking totally different but have names that are almost the same.

The Miura we are building is the one in the thread that Oreif posted in the post above it's a Lambo clone.

The Mera is the car that is similar to the one you're working on. On that car we are putting in a LS2 6 speed. I was supposed to do a build up thread on that car but I just haven't had the time to get it posted up. On this Mera, we were putting the stock Mera wheels back on the car yesterday when we were talking on the phone. The wheels we are going to be getting for it are the Compomotive Model TS wheel. This is what the TS wheel looks like......

I'll be posting a bunch of the pics from the LS2 build on this Mera later today.

Archie

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2007 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's your new signature right off the press Archie.

------------------

NorthStar Powered

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2007 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Here's your new signature right off the press Archie.

Thank you very much, it looks great.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2007 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Thank you very much, it looks great.

Archie

No problem, Merry Christmas.
Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Visited V8-Archie's shop Dec 26, 2007 to check the status of my Fiero and saw this Mera LS2 engine conversion there.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edit

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-03-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta tell someone.

I'm really bumbed out.

Dave Nicholas

My best friend died Monday & I'm still messed up about it.

We go back to 1975. We met when I used to have a Club called the AOOA American Opel Owners of Assoc.

Most people in the club had Opel GT's & Dave was one of the 1st members. While we had the Opels we got into TSD road rallying. After we moved into other cars we started doing Pro-Rally. Dave was a really good driver, he could get into any stick shift car & be driving it faster on dirt roads that the cars' owner in just minutes. Years later after I had been doing Fieros for 8 or 10 years, Dave got into my "White Ghost" 88 ZZ3 powered IMSA car & after riding with him for just 5 minutes, I realized that I had no clue how to drive fast.

In 1983 Dave started a little machine shop in a barn that was part of a farmhouse lot he bought when surrounding farm land was divided up for home lots. I was working in the aircraft industry & doing a lot of traveling so we kinda drifted apart for 5 or 6 years.

In 1991 I was driving from my shop (in Mishawaka, IN) to home & there was an Opel GT for sale at the side of the road. Some one was looking at it but I stopped to look at it too. It was Dave.

His machine shop had grown & moved into a nice building. I went to visit his shop & he had CNC mills, lathes virtually everything a machine shop would want. Needless to say, Dave has been making all of my CNC parts since that day. Everyone who has one of my V-8 kits bought since, has some of Daves work on their car.

In the mid 90's I moved my business to the Chicago area, but I've kept Dave making my parts straight thru. People say that I should have had someone local do my stuff but I never did. Anyone in the business of selling hard goods knows that when you have a good supplier who does what He's supposed to do when he's supposed to do it knows that when you get a good supplier, you keep him.

When I was protyping parts for the LSx swaps & the V-8 Solstice & the 6 speed kit, Dave was instrumental in getting those parts made & keeping the projects moving on.

Some of you may remember Dave, he attended one of the Fierorama shows & WE flew down to the Daytona show in his Grumman Tiger when I showed the Fino for the 1st time.

On this last Christmas Eve the wife & I drove into the South Bend area to visit the grandkids for the holiday. I had to drive right back on Christmas night because of things I had to do at the shop on the 26th. Dave knew this & drove into his shop to meet up with me, so I could pickup a bunch of parts they had made.

The worst thing about someone close to you dying is that many times you don't get to say goodbye.

The funeral is tomorrow.

Dave: gonna miss the heck out of you, you ment more to me than I realized.

Goodbye.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-10-2008).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolence to his family and sorry for your loss.
PFF
System Bot
Russ544

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear that Archie. I lost my best friend and business partner also, a few years ago, and I wish I could tell you that it will get easier, but I can't. good friends are very hard to come by........ it gives us a reminder that we (all) need to cherish the friends we have, wile we have them with us.

Russ544
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so sorry to hear that, Archie.
My prayers are with you and your families.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend.
Chris
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh jeez, sorry to hear about your loss.

Joe
Edaw 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Edaw 0Send a Private Message to Edaw 0Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences Archie.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about Dave......
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences Archie.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP sorry for the loss of your friend.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a sad fact of life that the older we get the more often we lose a loved one. While you no longer have Dave in your day-to-day life, you will always have him in your heart and memories.
My condolence to his family and sorry for your loss.. If you feel like talking give me a call.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 01-10-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences Archie.
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

My condolences, There is not a whole lot of people in this world we can call your best or dear friends and it's never easy when one of them passes. Just want you to
know that we are thinking about you and our thoughts and prayers go out to yours and Dave's family.

The thought that you took the time to write a tribute to him says a lot. Now all the guys that bought kit's from you over the years have a little peace of Dave's work in there cars and will remember him from time to time, and that's all thanks to you.

Again sorry for your loss.

Bob
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences Archie.
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences Arch... Maybe your next big build for yourself, you should dedicate it to him.

Matt
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie:

Very sorry to learn of your friends passing. I know what it's like.

Grieve, but don't dwell on grief.................dwell on the good memories.

Condolences to his family and you.

HAGO!

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I'm so sorry about hearing about the passing of your friend.
William Federle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for William FederleSend a Private Message to William FederleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry your friend died Archie.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, sorry for the passing of your friend.
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I'm sorry to hear of the death of your friend. Please express my condolences to his family.

John
MRBLUE87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our condelences and prayers for you and Dave's family. The best part of being in the old car fraternity isn't the cars but the people you get to know along the way. Be thankful you knew Dave. Ray & Mary
PFF
System Bot
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Condoleances Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really appreciate all the kind words.

I just got back a few hours ago, from My trip to Indiana for Dave's Funeral.

I know I don't have the right to feel as bad about Dave's passing as I did all week.

I know that you're supposed to take your mind off of the loss by thinking about other things. Well I tried to do that last week, but I don't have any other interests that aren't car related & every car related subject got me quickly back to thinking about Dave. To be honest, I've spent most of the last 7 days with tears in my eyes.

Several of our old Rallying group were at the Funeral. If you can imagine what a group of a dozen guys who'd attended Woodstock would look like today if they'd come together for a Funeral of one of their group. Well that's what we looked like except that we had better looking suits. A little grayer, a little heavier, a little slower but they looked great.

Someone PM'ed me & suggested that I post a few pics if I could find them. I know I have a pic of Dave with his Fino at Fierorama, but I haven't found it yet.

When I left for the Funeral yesterday afternoon, I was positive I didn't have any pics of Dave At the Daytona show. When I got to the Funeral & saw one of the old rally guys, I remembered that I indeed did have a picture from Daytona because both him and Dave were in it. I couldn't wait to get home to find it.

This was taken on the Holiday Inn balcony 3-24-00. Gary Kowalski (one of the rally guys) on the left & Dave Nicholas on the Right.

Here is the car we took that year......

Archie

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those positive and fun memories is what keeps him in your heart. Surely looks like great times. Until the next life. Thanks for sharing the pictures Archie.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 01-12-2008).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Have you thought about updating your build thread on the Solstice forum. I know I would be interested in hearing how its held up over the last year. Is it your daily driver??
Here is the thread, so you don't have to look for it:

http://www.solsticeforum.co...-apart-archie-10409/

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Archie,

Have you thought about updating your build thread on the Solstice forum. I know I would be interested in hearing how its held up over the last year. Is it your daily driver??
Here is the thread, so you don't have to look for it:

http://www.solsticeforum.co...-apart-archie-10409/

I hven't driven it much this winter because of the record snowfall we've had.

It's supposed to be getting into the 40's next week, so I'll be breaking it back out soon.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We now have Aluminium Flywheels available for out SBC Fiero engine conversion kits.

The Aluminium V-8 Fiero flywheels, for the 2pc. rear seal engines, will be here the 1st of the week.

I have 10 of them coming.

They are a bit more expensive than the Steel Flywheels, so I'll also continue to carry the steel flywheels too.

These F/W's will be optional on our SBC V-8 Fiero kits.

The Aluminium Flywheels are $475.00 & should ready to ship as of the 1st of the week.

I'll post pics & specs when they get here. The steel version weighs 29#, I expect the new F/W to weigh 14# or so.

Also the Aluminium F/W's for the LSx swaps got here last week & they're beautiful.

They are $570.00 & they will be standard issue on my LSx kits.

These LSx F/W's now weigh 16# down from the 37# the steel versions weighed.

Here are some pics of the LSx F/W

I plan to have a batch of 10 of the Aluminium F/W's made for the 1 pc. rear seals engines in the next few weeks.

If enough interest is shown, I'll have more batches made as needed.

Archie
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie!

Does that mean I need to return the TAZ to you this fall for an LS and flywheel upgrade?

=8^)

From a cheeky little monkey!
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The Aluminium V-8 Fiero flywheels, for the 2pc. rear seal engines, will be here the 1st of the week.

How much would you charge to trade up to an aluminum one if our steel one had never been used?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice upgraded products.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock