Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67262 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

WOW.....coming along nicely!!!!
That's a lot of glassing you got goin' on.
Keep up the progress, and keep us posted!!!

Yes it is more than you would think but it will be a one of a kind when it is done.
I cant wait to have the bodywork done that is my least favorite part of building cars. HAHA!

Page 3 that calls for a picture! I always liked this photoshop pic along the same lines as what I am doing.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-02-2008).]

IP: Logged
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Better than watching TV.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like you're making progress. I'm waiting to get my temperature gauge operational before I come and trade out the wheels. Maybe this week-end or next week?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to start some of the bondo work last night.
I am going to need more sanding disc's and bondo HAHA!
it is going to take some work to get it where I want it but it will look good when it is done.
I will keep you all posted.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!! I enjoy watching your progress.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 09-03-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much to report this week I have been bussy with other things and have not had much time to work on the car.
but I talked to ThaDriver and he is going to make me a hood vent I did not like the way mine came out so I will just graph his on instead
I am also going to have him make me a set of door skins because he has molds that do not have the mirror or moldings on them
and I noticed the other day the pass. door on my car has bad ripples where I fixed the holes on the bottom (stupid plastic crap!)
so I am going to cut off the widebody part and reglass it to the new fiberglass door skins this way it will all be fiberglass no plastic.
I am going to try to work on it this weekend. if I can I will post more pic's monday.
D.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2008 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels look great on my car. Also, thanks for the good deals on the other parts. I may have some visors with good card-board. How soon will you need to know? One other thing, I'd like to get the other seat belt mechanism from you too along with the two seat belt female connectors(maybe I can use them in my truck?). Let me know what you want for them. I hope I didn't slow you down too much!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to work on saturday and sunday I had so many other things to get done I did not get much of a chance to work on the car till around 5pm on sunday
but I did get carnut the wheels off my car and thadriver came over and got some matt from me to make me a new hood vent and a set of fiberglass doors.
I was able to work on the car a little I cleaned out the inside and set the dash in place for test fitting I also got the vents and cut them in. my dash sits on the center hump
and talking to Ameada his console needs clearence so instead of modifing the console I am going to move the stereo pod up higher on the dash to give the console the clearance it needs but I will not be doing this for a while because I want to have the console before I do in to make sure I have enough room for it.
here are some pic's from sunday.

Also carnut I will take the visors you have and the other seat belt is yours also. let me know if anyone else needs int. parts.
your car is looking great I was glad to see it out on the road

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-12-2008).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any ideas on a cholor scheme on your door panels/dash?
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah. definitly interested on what the interior will look like. keep us posted.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Any ideas on a cholor scheme on your door panels/dash?

It depends on what color I decide to paint the car. I am thinking maybe lambo green and if I do I will do the int. in black leather with green stitching.
but if I do it in another color I was thinking about a charcole gray. but I am not sure yet I still have time.
I dont know if I want the car to stand out with a wild color or if I just want the mods to stand on there own.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much progress on the car so far this week but I do have an update of sorts.
I talked to Archie and he is going to get the windows out to me asap.
ThaDriver is making me a new hood vent and fiberglass doors that should be done by thursday.
I also talked with BonSpeed and the wheels will be shiping in 3 weeks. I can't wait!
if anyone is interested in any of the BonSpeed wheels I have just been setup as a Dealer
they will make any wheel any size and bolt pattern at a Great price and they will fit your car the way you want them to.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Whodeanie. Though I'm somewhat a purist when it comes to altering an original vehicle, I must say that yours is coming along beautifully. Doesn't look like you'll have it finished before RFTH, though. If you still plan to attend the RFTH, I have an empty passenger seat. Would enjoy the company. LMK
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hey, Whodeanie. Though I'm somewhat a purist when it comes to altering an original vehicle, I must say that yours is coming along beautifully. Doesn't look like you'll have it finished before RFTH, though. If you still plan to attend the RFTH, I have an empty passenger seat. Would enjoy the company. LMK

my car is far from done. I would love to go but I have a contractor class that starts that weekend and I can not get out of it.
I wanted to go it would be fun. next time I guess.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

update!
I just talked to Bonspeed wheels and ordered a set for my car 19 x 8 front and 20 x 10 rear to fit the widebody.
they have no problem with the bolt pattern because all of their wheels are custom made to your spec's here's a picture of the wheels I will be getting

I thik they will look great on the car. the only drawback is it will take about 6 weeks to get them.

Hey Whodeanie, what's the ETA? Have the made they fronts yet? Several people asked about the ones your getting while I was at CTHC III.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-09-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Hey Whodeanie, what's the ETA? Have the made they fronts yet? Several people asked about the ones your getting while I was at CTHC III.

I talked to them today. 3 weeks and counting.
I got set up as a dealer so if anyone wants a set let me know
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I talked to them today. 3 weeks and counting.
I got set up as a dealer so if anyone wants a set let me know

What's the weight on the rears? Please, don't forget to place the rim on a scale. I know Demacheo and Dave might be interested since both have 88s.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's the weight on the rears? Please, don't forget to place the rim on a scale. I know Demacheo and Dave might be interested since both have 88s.

I will do it! when they get here.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little update.
last night was the first time I was able to do some work on the car in about a week. I did not have a lot of time but I was able to work on the rear facia a little.
more bodywork and sanding. I hope to have the rear finished by this weekend so I can get the car in primer soon. it is hard to see what needs work when the car looks like a patchwork quilt.
here is a picture of the rear as it is now it still has a very long way to go but it is starting to take shape.
I should be able to post more pic's on monday with I hope way more done.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's coming along nicely. I like the fact that you left an opening between the tail lamps. However, I wish you would resize your pics.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's coming along nicely. I like the fact that you left an opening between the tail lamps. However, I wish you would resize your pics.

I have not figured out how to do that yet. but I am working on it. I dont like it eather
Ok I got it now I will resize them from now on and I will try to go back and resize the others asap!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok I got it now I will resize them from now on and I will try to go back and resize the others asap!

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish you would resize your pics.

Ahk, I don't! I like seeing the detail! (And I'm tired of pics that fill 1/6th of my screen!)
Maybe whodeanie can be convinced to post both. You guys just don't have to click on the "Over 150K" icons.

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 09-15-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is the latest. I was able to work on it this weekend. I worked on the rear getting all the mounting points glassed in and worked on the tail lights to get them fitted.
I also was able to start my rear spoiler.
A friend and I took a little trip up to John Watsons place on sunday to get a rear bumper for his 355 and I got the inside piece for mounting the tail lights from him.
it saved me a lot of time on my car so when I got home I was able to work on that a little.
here are some pic's from this weekend

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
GREAT NEWS!
Archie sent me the windows I ordered for the chop.
Can you say let the cutting begin! haha!
I will keep you all posted
Thanks Archie for all your help!
FieroFerrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFerrariSend a Private Message to FieroFerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a good tread, what is the latest
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every impressive progression makes me smile a little wider.

Wink.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Double post.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-15-2008).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!! John Watson is a great guy, I have been out to his shop a few times myself.

------------------

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job

I really like how the taillamps are going to look, I like how they stick out a little.

How did you go about making the spoiler ?

Please don't forget to post lots of pictures of the chop in progress.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is just a little update I went to the parts store yesterday to get the conectors for all of the lights to get them wired up.
also I have had some people Pm and ask here how I made the spoiler. Ok this is how I did it first I took a piece of plywood 1/4" so I could bend it then I made an arch with a string line then cut it out then I casned all the edges and rounded the top edge. then I placed it on the car to get it where I wanted it then screwed it to the decklid.
then spray the decklid and the wood with spray adhesive and cover it with matterial to hold the shape you want then you will need to spray paint the cover so the resign does not soak threw then just glass over it. when it is dry you can just pull it off the car so you remove the wood and then do the fitting and finish. it is not that hard to do and this is done like they do to make stereo boxes. I hope this helps!
anyway I have a few pictures to post these are of the tail light sub mounts and the windows Archie sent me.

I dont think the windows are tinted I think it is just the protective film on them but I am not sure I have not looked at them close yet.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie,

Do you plan on adding a brake light to the rear spoiler, like such ? IMO think it would give it a nice little added touch.

You can also get those style marker lights from the Mazda 6. Madcurl used them on his #20.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-17-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes I am going to use a light in the spoiler and I have not found the reflectors I like yet.
Anyway here is an update from last night.
the choptop will be starting soon last night I striped the car to get it ready. I just need to pull the back glass and the carpet so I can get started.
here are some pic's from last night. I will need to take lots of measurements first.
for those who wanted me to take lots of pictures of the chop in progress. I will post pic's but not detailed ones.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnn!

Looking good!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Daaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnn!

Looking good!

Thanks, Raydar
sorry I will not make it to the RFTH. I will see you guys soon.
and I am doing everything I can to make it to the WOW in Jan.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chop, chop !

Man whodeanie you do not waste one minute ! That is awesome !

Any choptop progress yet ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let's play a game! does anyone notice anything different?

last night I finished striping the car and got to choping.
it was easyer than I thought it would be. it took about 3 hrs. to get it choped I still need to do all the welding but for now it is just tacked in place.
all the measurements came out exact from the ones I was given and the windows will work great.
Thank you Archie!
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
W O W ......!!!!!

That is great
I though it was going to take you a while to be able to chop it.
Keep up the great work.

ps
please don't forget to post detailed pics of where you made the cuts
and if you dont mind a little more info about how you went about it.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

W O W ......!!!!!

That is great
I though it was going to take you a while to be able to chop it.
Keep up the great work.

ps
please don't forget to post detailed pics of where you made the cuts
and if you dont mind a little more info about how you went about it.

I will not be posting detailed pic's of the chop or any information on it.
as part of the deal I made with Archie.
the pic's above are as detailed as I will get on the chop. sorry!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man you move fast!! So is it painted yet?? LoL!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock