Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67220 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone send me an empty box via UPS? I'll pay for shipping!!!
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

It's been so long since I've had sex, I can't remember who gets tied up.
IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

She has a big territory. That's the one that delivers at my house too.

I've heard it called a lot of things, but never a 'territory'!

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
look what my UPS person delivered today!

it is going to look great on the car
thanks, Ferrobi
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your welcome - be careful when you shut the turn lock. Line it up so that when you close it it does not hit the recessed area side walls that it goes in to and scratch off the paint.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few more goodies on order once I get them I will get back to work on my car.

I would like to say one thing to everyone on PFF that keeps up with my build......
over 90% of the parts and ideas I have gotten for my build came from you

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help to this point with way more to come

I have a few things in the works that some of you may be interested in as well soon.

D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
I finaly got these done. it was not easy or cheep but they are strong
if anyone is interested in them contact Erik at HT they will be about 2x the cost of the steel ones but no broken Heim joints with this arm.
D.

I made these, they were not bought. it would have been cheeper to buy and a lot less of a pian in the butt. the angles were not easy.
now I have a jig
ClayTonto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet Those should be good for about 700 HP
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night I worked on the car I was able to install the link bars and I cut the hole and fitted the F16 fuel cap to the wide body as well.
the fuel cap will need some more work to get it installed the rest of the way. I will have to make a reducer to fit the fill pipe but it should not be that big of a deal.
I was also able to order the first group of parts from Archie for the LS3 / F40 swap so I can get my other cradle built and sent off for powdercoating.

here are the pic's from last night.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean,

I am loving that fuel door !!

Sweeeet !

I have been looking at some Audi TT ones !
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good - I will install 2 on my F40 one for looks and one functioning. Good thing I bought some extra's.

------------------

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a little chance to work on my car last night so i played with the seats to get them installed.
After working on the 355 installing the seats in it I had a better idea of what I needed to do on mine. even though my seats are also Recaro's
they will be mounted way differant because of the choptop I want them as low as I can get them.
I was able to mount the slide tracks to the seat and fitted the seat in the car. After a few quality minutes with the air hammer I was able to get them installed.
I have some head room now with my butt on the floor
here are some pic's

lots of parts on order for the car to get it farther along.
ie.. Ameda's center console, part 1 of Archies LS3/ F40 swap, glass windows, Riceburners AC unit amoung a few other things
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 06-15-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, it's good to see that you're still plugging along.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Dean, it's good to see that you're still plugging along.

Yea, waiting on parts and money!
I just got the first part of Archie's LS/F40 kit today so I will start working on the extra cradle I got to mount the motor and trans so I can send it out for powdercoating.
when I get all the parts I will swap the whole drive train at once so the car will not be down long.

I have other parts on order for the car as well. Ameda's console, Riceburner's AC unit, JimmyS fiberglass sunroof.
working on the other cars has kept me from getting burned out on mine but now I want to get back to it

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
Yea, waiting on parts and money!
(snip)
but now I want to get back to it

I know exactly how you feel. I'm finally getting back to the VW. Spent two days making the fan bracket & shrould; now I need to get about 5 peices of metal bent. Sure wish I had a good 6' brake....
Also got the trunklid cut out between the taillights for the vent & all the holes (emblems, pushbutton, 3rd brake light) welded up & filled.
Need to check on getting some "mesh" with the little holes in it for between the taillights.
(For those that don't know, the VW is not completely off topic - it has '88 Fiero running gear & suspension.)
Later,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

You braggin' or complainin'?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working on my cradle for the LS3/F40 swap this weekend. I got the first part of the kit from Archie this week.
so cutting and welding I go I got the parts at my shop and brought them home and forgot the instructions so tomarow I will go get them.
I was able to find enough pic's of the cradle here to get it started today. I will get some pic's this weekend and post them on monday. the plan is to get the cradle done so I can send it out for powdercoating but first I will install the V8 mounts and weld up all of the holes that are not needed as well as finish all the factory welds.
then off to be soda blasted and one last look over to make sure I did not miss anything.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pic's from this weekend.
I got the cradle done and reinstalled the motor and trans to make sure nothing moved and it all went well.
now I will pull the motor and have the cradle soda blasted after that i will look it over and take care of anything it needs then off to powdercoating.
Thanks, Archie
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 06-22-2009).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh Deanine, I got goodies for you!

I shipped your badges today. I cut them out of .030 stainless, thicker just didn't look right but I can cut them agin if you want them thicker. You should have them on Wed. They ended up being 3.965" tall by 3" wide

Lemme know if you want any "tweeking" done on them.

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-22-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, they look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think they will work out just fine

just incase anyone wants to know what the GTP is I did that for GT Prototype

D.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know the more I looked at them the more I thought they might be sweet if I re-cut them from mild steel and you have them plated in "black chrome" Against the green of your car they would really pop!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, you are the man

D.
Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those badges are AWE-SUM!

As im Awe why don't I have sum...

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Oh Deanine, I got goodies for you!

I shipped your badges today. I cut them out of .030 stainless, thicker just didn't look right but I can cut them agin if you want them thicker. You should have them on Wed. They ended up being 3.965" tall by 3" wide

Lemme know if you want any "tweeking" done on them.

Will

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Galliero:

Those badges are AWE-SUM!

As im Awe why don't I have sum...

I hope Dean will forgive me hijacking his thread for a second......When I designed these badges Dean and I decided to go away from the traditional (stuffy) badge and do the "modern version" of what the Fiero logo might look like today. I don't really care for the "contained in a box" look but the logo alone looked kind of bare. Dean then came up with the Ferrari-ish badge idea and I worked them together.

This is the original concept (when I drew it it looked more like a Great Dane than Pegasus)

This is the refined head shape but the feathers needed some evening out

This one added a badge shape, kind of Ferrari minus the pointed top

This is the final logo without the shield. What I had envisioned from the start, great for painted logo, not good for a badge because there in nothing to hold hold the parts together.

This is the final badge with the text repositioned for fill out the badge.

I cut them out on an Omax Water jet out of .030" stainless steel. I think they turned out pretty nice. Modern edge but homage to the heritage of the Fiero. "Proud"

And now back to the real thread....

Will

Adobe CTI - Print

I own a design & effects photography studio and do custom logos and graphics design. I also teach Adobe Creative Suite applications/software

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-23-2009).]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
did you ever consider making like a 3 or 4 inch winged horse for grill / rear tail light panel applications? for those of us with 355 nose and tail light style panel a chromed emblem would be great.
btw NICE work!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Will
I did not realize how many times we changed the badges but I think it looks great. I can't wait to see them in person.
you can hijack my thread anytime

I kind of like the idea of a front grill badge we may have to come up with something later.

I also got a PM from JimmyS and my new fiberglass sunroof is on it's way to me I will post pic's when I get it and the badges.
also RiceBurnner got my AC controler done and will be sending it to me soon. I have a few other parts on order as well
Ameda is making me a console with a twist and last but not least Erik from HT is sending me some more parts for the rear of my car.

that is about it for now I need to go make more money to buy more parts
D.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey D. I love the badges! I sent you a PM concerning your last statement.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

Will,
did you ever consider making like a 3 or 4 inch winged horse for grill / rear tail light panel applications? for those of us with 355 nose and tail light style panel a chromed emblem would be great.
btw NICE work!

Thanks for the kind words :-)

Actually, I already have made just such a badge but I haven't had a chance to cut any of them out yet. I sent the art to Rob (Amida) and he gave me a great idea for both a fender badge and nose emblem:

Nose badge

Fender badge

I will have a few prototypes next week

Nice work Will
I did not realize how many times we changed the badges but I think it looks great. I can't wait to see them in person.
you can hijack my thread anytime

I kind of like the idea of a front grill badge we may have to come up with something later.

I also got a PM from JimmyS and my new fiberglass sunroof is on it's way to me I will post pic's when I get it and the badges.
also RiceBurnner got my AC controler done and will be sending it to me soon. I have a few other parts on order as well
Ameda is making me a console with a twist and last but not least Erik from HT is sending me some more parts for the rear of my car.

that is about it for now I need to go make more money to buy more parts
D.

Dean,

How many times have you changed that back facia??? You know how it is when we are perfectionist

Do you want a nose badge that matches the fender badge you have or like the one above? I will send you one next week

Will

P.S. Can't do it this weekend 'cause I am going to be "Power-lounging" at the lake

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-23-2009).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try switching the feathered wings on the prancing pegasus to the modern graphic wings used on the previous badge.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Try switching the feathered wings on the prancing pegasus to the modern graphic wings used on the previous badge.

You thinking like this?

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE!
i can see a couple 3" or so emblems, one on my grill and one in the middle of my tail light panel now!
if you make these let me know, i have a guy that can chrome them for me.
al
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean,

How many times have you changed that back facia??? You know how it is when we are perfectionist

Do you want a nose badge that matches the fender badge you have or like the one above? I will send you one next week

Will

P.S. Can't do it this weekend 'cause I am going to be "Power-lounging" at the lake

I hear you! I don't want to think about it Power - Lounging at the lake? good for you
I will take a front badge when you get them.
thanks again Will.
D.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

NICE!
i can see a couple 3" or so emblems, one on my grill and one in the middle of my tail light panel now!
if you make these let me know, i have a guy that can chrome them for me.
al

I started a thread in the General Fiero Chat about this so Dean can have his thread back

Fender badges and nose badges

Will

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a new part today
JimmyS just sent me one of his new fiberglass sunroofs and I must say this is a nice part.
my hat is off to you sir!

it is as thick as the glass part with a nice finnish. the added coremat makes it a nice sturdy part.
I can't wait to get it on the car and see how it looks.
thanks Jimmy!
D.

and as I was typing this another Fed Ex driver showed up with the badges from Will. it is just like my birthday!
Will, I think they are thick enough.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and as I was typing this another Fed Ex driver showed up with the badges from Will. it is just like my birthday!
Will, I think they are thick enough.

Dean, I will run another set in mild steel if you want to have them chromed in Black Chrome as well.

W

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean, I will run another set in mild steel if you want to have them chromed in Black Chrome as well.

W

that would be great. it would be nice to have these as a backup just in case.
I just got home and installed Jimmys top on the car and that looks great then I held the badges in place and I will mark them out so I can recess them in to the rockers later .
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 06-25-2009).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just got home and installed Jimmys top on the car and that looks great

Pics?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It would be cool to see some pics with the badges laid on the car as well !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
It would be cool to see some pics with the badges laid on the car as well !

I did not have a chance last night to get some pic's but I will soon.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
That is it! I have had enough of the drama around my life. I am taking off work tomarrow and locking myself in the garage with the phone off and the doors locked!
( wife's fam. I will not go into it)
I am going to work on my car and the 355 for 3 whole days to get away from them
with any luck I will be able make a lot of progress on both cars. If I can I will post pic's on monday.
wish me luck
D.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is it! I have had enough of the drama around my life. I am taking off work tomarrow and locking myself in the garage with the phone off and the doors locked!
( wife's fam. I will not go into it)
I am going to work on my car and the 355 for 3 whole days to get away from them
with any luck I will be able make a lot of progress on both cars. If I can I will post pic's on monday.
wish me luck
D.

Good luck and take a 5 gal. bucket to the garage with you so you don't have to leave to go potty.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So how did the 3 days of fun go ??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock