Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67259 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
ClayTonto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
it will be some time before I can get it done but yes, just because I don't want to try to rebuild it if someone hits me.
once I do I will most likely make one or 2 for sale but they will only fit a widebody car.
D.

Widebody, Hmm.

Ha, 14 belong to me

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 05-06-2009).]

IP: Logged
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wide body is the way to go Clay.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night I got to work on my car for a little while.
I had to take off one of my rear wheels so I could pull the trailing arm out ( Another project that I am working on )
anyway while I had the wheel off I decided to go ahead and do the coilovers I got one side done last night this was very easy to do.
but it was too late to do the other side so I will do it this weekend and post some pics of them later.
D.
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great point there whodeanie (good thinking). It is just shame to see so much work gone nowhere if an accident was to happened, and had to start all over will be just even worst! Yes you can always put me down for one! Thanks

JG

it will be some time before I can get it done but yes, just because I don't want to try to rebuild it if someone hits me.
once I do I will most likely make one or 2 for sale but they will only fit a widebody car.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today I worked on the car for a little, I did not do the second coilover yet but I did work on the front nose for a little.
I was waiting for fiberglass to dry on the 355 so I worked on getting all the shaping done on the front. it will take me a few days to get it the way I want it but it is a start.
worked the vent area and was able to get the screen done for that side as well as finished the glass work on the bottom from where I cut it apart to widen it.
I will post some pic's monday. I will not be working on eather of them tomarow have to go see MOM!
D.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will not be working on eather of them tomarow have to go see MOM!
D.

Don't forget to go see my Mom too. LOL
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Don't forget to go see my Mom too. LOL

I did not see your mom but I did get the trailer I looked ovet it this morning and it looks like someone pinched the wires at the tung then tried to fix them with twist nuts.
going to get a new pigtail today.

I was able to work on my car a little this weekend but I did not get any pics yet. just worked on the frontend side vents.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got new toys from HHP
nice job Paul
I can't wait to get them installed and on the road.

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just got new toys from HHP
nice job Paul
I can't wait to get them installed and on the road.

You are quite welcome! I hope you enjoy them.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
You are quite welcome! I hope you enjoy them.

Oh, He will.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night I spent a little time cleaning up my garage, I got tired of the 2" dust layer on the ground from all the body work.
while I was cleaning up I ran across somthing I had forgotten about and got a laugh out of it when I remembered the thread about Fiero Police cars.
so I had to do it

here are the pics.....

the first widebody choptop Police car

D.

PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha Ha!!

Is that a Whelan light bar? Do you have the controller?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Ha Ha!!

Is that a Whelan light bar? Do you have the controller?

yes and yes

I am going to hook it up in the kids play room so they can have fun with it.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 05-14-2009).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes and yes

I am going to hook it up in the kids play room so they can have fun with it.
D.

I had that same bar on my tow truck, except it had amber filters on it.

And I am going to do the same thing with my light bar. I am going to hang it in my game room.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what the hell! my photobucket quit working and will not let me login???????????

anyway I did work on the car last night. I was able to get the new HHP swaybars installed as well as the rear coilovers.
the hardest part was getting the old ones out of the car without taking the whole thing apart.
let's just say that after about 30 min. of messing with them trying to figure out how to get them out, they finaly did come out but not in one piece
I love my cutter
the new bars wint in fairly easy the rear was a piece of cake the front was a bit harder the end links were a chalange to install them with the arms hanging.
I had to use the jack to lift the arms a little so I could bolt them in. other than that it was not bad. I can't wait till I can drive the car again to see how they work.
if I can get my pic's working again I will post them.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What the hell! My photobucket quit working and will not let me login??? Anyway, I did work on the car last night. I was able to get the new HHP swaybars installed as well as the rear coilovers.
D.

Please do.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cutter? Plasma?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Cutter? Plasma?

I wish! that is next on the wish list
no Just a diegrinder and a cut off wheel but it works great.
D.

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

I only want an 88 headlight system!!You can keep the car!
Did You get the reflectors I sent You?

Well I'm back online after nearly 6 weeks... and...
I'm hi-jacking your thread, Dean. I need parts for my car(s) too.
I have the entire headlight system from the '88 I'm building into a solo car. I'll take $150 for everything (wiring harness & all). Everything worked great. Trades considered.
Dean it figures I get back online & photobucket is screwed up! I wanted to see your progress.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

The earth is in much more danger from human action, then from natural disastors. - Steven Hawking.
Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean it's probably too late to incorporate this, but one thing madcurl had Archie do that really stands out on the widebody kit was add some hips.

It almost looks like a little shelf on top of the rear fender caps, but it looks like it just involved moving the rear pillars inward ?

Really sets the body kit off and gives it an even more muscular supercar appearance IMO.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-17-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the pic's back up they had something going on?
well anyway here are the pic's of the progress from this last week.
I did not work on the car this weekend I did work on the 355 sunday on the drivers side rocker.

Tony, I had noticed the hips on Curly's and CarLo's cars I like them but to do them to my car I would have to redo the intire rear of my car and I have done that way too many times already
I like it the way it is, also with the spoiler I made on the rear it gives it that look from the rear as well.
D.

I can't wait to get this car on the road and see how it drives.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics. My "bar" should be here on Tuesday (along with the MadArch kit) and I too look forward to installing it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-18-2009).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish! that is next on the wish list
no Just a diegrinder and a cut off wheel but it works great.
D.

That's the same set-up I have. I used it on my truck last week-end on the floor-boards.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the same set-up I have. I used it on my truck last week-end on the floor-boards.

A friend of mine has a plazma cutter and has never used it I am trying to work a trade with him for it.

I finaly found a vendor for Carbon fiber now once I get to that point of my build I will have no problems.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this weekend I will be working on the 355 to finish it up but while I wait for paint to dry a may have a chance to work on my car.
I would like to finish the front nose so I can move on to the chin spoiler and the fenders.
if I can get a few things done I will post pic's next week.
D.
ps. if you want to see the progress on the 355 I have it posted in general here
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075728.html
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking forward to more pics and progress on this awesome project.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to do some work on the car this last weekend now that the 355 parts are at paint. I worked on the frontend. working on the vents as well as the chin spoiler
just a lot of sanding and shaping. I had to prime them so I could see what still needed work to many colors to see.

I also made the inner fender well for the right side fender and got it bonded.

plastic signs make great shapes for fiberglass. just a little wax and you can reuse them for all kinds of shapes.
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't I see that sign in your neighbor's yard last month? Have you had a chance to work on that quote? Oh..........yes..............now that the yellow car is done, maybe we can finish up the green one? It's looking good!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time I can make, money I can't
I have still been working on it just a little at a time.
Clay and I are off to Archies tomarow then to the Dells
I will get back to work on the car once I get back.

the sign was from Home Depot

Car Nut....... What Quote? I must be getting old

D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the house windows...you know...to make some...money. Maybe quote was the wrong descriptor. Maybe I should have written "estimate?" Two more days with students and I'll soon be knee deep into my summer list of projects. Have fun on your road trip! Illinois isn't much to look at this time of year-if you go back later, you can see full grown corn and beans!. Beware of the speed trap just south of the I-24 to I-57 interchange. That's where I got my last ticket.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 05-27-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree!

I'm really looking forward to seeing that green paint on the entire car looking all minty cool and fresh!! Everyone you pass on the freeway will get a chill.

Originally posted by exoticse:
Looking forward to more pics and progress on this awesome project.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Galliero:

I agree!

I'm really looking forward to seeing that green paint on the entire car looking all minty cool and fresh!! Everyone you pass on the freeway will get a chill.

LOL! now that I am back from the Dells I want to get back to work on my car even more to get it done to go next year.
once I get some time to get back to work on it I will post some new pic's
D.

pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you made it home. Did you stop at Moose Jaw for some of that "beer bread".
I am that old bald guy that sat next to you at the awards thing, just in case you are wondering.
Steve

------------------

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pegasus1848:

Glad to see you made it home. Did you stop at Moose Jaw for some of that "beer bread".
I am that old bald guy that sat next to you at the awards thing, just in case you are wondering.
Steve

I knew who you were
we did not stop as it were we got home at 4:30 am monday and I had to work. living dead!
I feel better now and I am looking forward to doing some more work on my car this weekend.
it was great meeting all of you.
D.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, glad to hear that you're back. I sent you a PM. Beer bread is good stuff!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean, I sent you a PM.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Dean, I sent you a PM.

I got it working on it for you

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been bussy working on the 355 for the last few weeks but I did order a few things this week for my car. now it is just a matter of waiting on my UPS person.
Hey Curly what can brown do for you?

I don't know but I know what it can do for me!
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She has a big territory. That's the one that delivers at my house too.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock