Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67259 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Today I sopke to the new owner of HT motorsports he has just taken over the shop in the last 6 months.

nothing else to report as of yet, but I am still moving forward

Let me get this straight, Lee isn't the owner? Who is the current owner now? I remember when Ryan owned the company.
IP: Logged
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Let me get this straight, Lee isn't the owner? Who is the current owner now? I remember when Ryan owned the company.

Erik Hanba owns it now. He is running it full time, where Lee was only running it as a side business. I had alot of issues with products from there in the past, but the new owner seems to really be addressing those issues. I e-mailed him with some user-friendly solutions to some of the areas that could be improved upon with the suspension and brake kits. He actually listens to his customers, so Held Motorsports will be offering better products in the near future (After working some of the bugs out, nothing major). I'm excited to see someone taking the initiative to turn this business around. BTW, Lee was a salesman, Erik is an engineer.

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 04-15-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New toy's just got here
the new oner of Held is on the ball
I have more to get from them as money permits.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
D.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^Sweet. Which spring rate did you go with? Are you planning on powder coating those to match your car?
PM sent.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clay, I will leave them that color I kind of like them and they are 325's

well here is a little update.. just bodywork but I was able to get the drivers side front cut and glassed to match the passanger side of the car.
I still have more to go on that part but it needs to dry before I can do more there.
I have been working on the rear facia for the last few days. when I built it there were things I did not like so I have been re-doing them and I still have way more to go but it is starting to take shape.
last night I just snaped a few pic's. it is still ugly but getting better.
D.

if you notice the tail lights are not in line I offset them about 3/8" like Ferrari and the depth is stagared as well the outside ones do not stick out as far as the inside ones.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-17-2009).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the rearend! Offsetting the light is subtle but makes it.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

I really like the rearend! Offsetting the light is subtle but makes it.

Paul

Thanks,

things around here are starting to look up for me, I have gotten enough work to keep everyone bussy for the next 6mo. so far and more everyday.
Soon I will have more money to spend

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT_ I stopped by today to see the car (and slow down the progress). The car is definitely coming along well and the pictures don't do the car justice!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like the one-piece (bumber/lamp) mod.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I spy with my little eye an F355 dash, it was probably discussed before, but where did ya get it? Great car too, I also like the rear end mod, a la F430.......

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this weekend every time I would start on the car I would have to stop to do somthing else.
I finaly got to work on it sunday after I told my wife I was not to be bothered by anyone
but then car nut called and came over but that was Fiero related so it was ok.
after that I was able to work on the car for a few hrs. I was working on the front drivers side and the rear bumper.
you know work one wait to dry and work on the other.
anyway after reworking the rear for the 4th time it is finaly taking shape it still has more to go but it is way closer than it was.
my painter gave me a little paint to do a test spray to make sure I like the color so with the rear being close I decided to spray the bottom of it so I could see the color on the
car. Holy Cow! that is one bright color.
here are some pic's of it.
first the front.

I also just ordered a set of HHP swaybars for the car

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-20-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean do you still plan to add marker/reflector lights on the rear bumper ?

Any more progress on the diffuser you were working on ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-21-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Dean do you still plan to add marker/reflector lights on the rear bumper ?

Any more progress on the diffuser you were working on ?

I have not found a set of reflectors I like yet but yes I will be using them.
as far as the diffuser I have been working on the pattern for a mold.
I am going to do it this way to keep the weight down.

the paint on the rear was just a test spray to see if I liked the color most of it has already been sanded off but it made a nice guide coat to see where it needed more work.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking very nice.

Can I make a suggestion.....
The opening above where the licence plate mounts looks a little "big", I think it may look better if you were to make it a little smaller.
Look at the opening where the plate goes, at the left and right edges, the body lines that go about 45 degrees,
should be where the base of the upper opening start.
I am not sure if you understand what I am trying to say but maybe just look at a picture of the back of a F430.
Just giving my 2 cents.

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 04-21-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

The car is looking very nice.

Can I make a suggestion.....
The opening above where the licence plate mounts looks a little "big", I think it may look better if you were to make it a little smaller.
Look at the opening where the plate goes, at the left and right edges, the body lines that go about 45 degrees,
should be where the base of the upper opening start.
I am not sure if you understand what I am trying to say but maybe just look at a picture of the back of a F430.
Just giving my 2 cents.

I know exactly what you are talking about it looks off but it is not. I have looked at this for a week now trying to figure out why the rear looked crooked.
I had to paint it to see it, it was the bottom under the plate area it was off by almost 3/8" I got that fixed last night. I still have a few thing to finish on it but
no more tweaks for that part. also I was not trying to copy the 430 just inspired by. if I wanted to copy I would have just built a kit it would have been way easyer than building it from scratch like I did.

Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2009 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been watching this build for a long time and you already know you are doing an excellent job, but I just wanted to confirm your it for you.. I just dont understand how so many people with such great talent are into modifying Fieros.. Its amazes me what incredible work you guys do to the cars on the forum..

I was pondering the idea of the bright verde Ithaca green (see Lambo poster on wall) for my rather funky looking Fiero, but I dont know..

[This message has been edited by Mr Ferrari (edited 04-21-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr Ferrari:

I have been watching this build for a long time and you already know you are doing an excellent job, but I just wanted to confirm your it for you.. I just dont understand how so many people with such great talent are into modifying Fieros.. Its amazes me what incredible work you guys do to the cars on the forum..

I was pondering the idea of the bright verde Ithaca green (see Lambo poster on wall) for my rather funky looking Fiero, but I dont know..

Thanks!
I will tell you this, the color is way brighter in person and there are 2 Verde Green's. Ithaca Verde Green is the most common one it has more pearl to the yellow side.
the other one is Verde Metalic less pearl more green (this one is the one I am using) eather way they cost the same around 145.00 a qt.

nice car by the way. it looks like it took styling from about 4 differant cars. 2 Ferrari's, Lambo, and a Pantera. very differant, was it a kit?

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-21-2009).]

Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol.. Well, my car is forum member Don Kraus's old car and is a replica of the very rare and little known Koenig Ferrari 512bb Turbo.. The body is made by the Aldino car company and they still produce this kit..

Here is a nice picture of a real Koenig 512bb..And some of my car with a few Koenig pictures for a comparo..

------------------

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol.. Well, my car is forum member Don Kraus's old car and is a replica of the very rare and little known Koenig Ferrari 512bb Turbo.. The body is made by the Aldino car company and they still produce this kit..

Nice! I thought I had seen that car before, does it still have the wheel standing motor in it?
Don always has nice cars so I am sure you got a great ride.
D.
Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2009 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by whodeanie:

Nice! I thought I had seen that car before, does it still have the wheel standing motor in it?
Don always has nice cars so I am sure you got a great ride.
D.

Yeah, the car has the nasty tire burning wheel lifting engine in place..

I have to say I get a kick out of your user name.. You are working some serious "magic" on your car and the name says it all..
I will be keeping a close eye on your project and cant wait to see the rest of the car come together..

Mark

------------------

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, the car has the nasty tire burning wheel lifting engine in place..

I have to say I get a kick out of your user name.. You are working some serious "magic" on your car and the name says it all..
I will be keeping a close eye on your project and cant wait to see the rest of the car come together..

Mark

Nice
my user name was given to me when I built choppers at a shop.
I would build things that would amaze people and the guy's at the shop would call me Whodeanie and it just stuck. I will build just about anything with wheels and a motor

update.....
last night I worked more on the rear bumper. I built the inner fender lip to conect the rear bumper to the inner fender well.
as well as fiberglass braces for the bottom center to help support the rear difuser I am building.
I hate when you see the ricers driving down the road and the whole body kit waves in the wind.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not been able to work on the car over the last few days but I did get to the fiero swapmeet this weekend and sold alot of stuff to help make me some money for my car.
yesterday was yard work day. but I will be getting back to it this week.
I have a few things on order for the car at the moment and I am working on some custom parts for it as well.
HHP is making me a set of swaybars, Riceburner is making me a HVAC controler and I will have that sent to Ameda for a center console,
A set of rear Koni's are on the way to go with the coilovers I just got and Archie is working on a set of glass windows.
I still have way more to get for the car but I do it as money permits.
Dean
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be taking a brake from my car for about 2 weeks.
A friend of mine that has a 355 kit car had his car at a painters house to rework the back and the rockers for the last 6 months
and as of today no real progress has ben done so tomarow we will be bringing it to my place to fix and finish it. I think we can get it done in 2 weeks.
I am also going to pick up 3 pos. 4 other Fieros tomarow. I will be posting 3 of them in the mall for sale along with 2 truck loads of parts.
I bought them to sell to help earn money for my car. I don't know much about them yet other than they are 1- 85- 4cyl/ 4 speed, 1 - 85 V6/ 4 speed,
and one 86 V6 auto and they all run along with a lot of other parts the 2 V6's run as is the 4 needs a clutch and fuel pump but if you put gas in the carb it will run.
I will know more tomarow night. and I may be working a deal for another 88 for a labor trade out V6 / 5 speed GT fully loaded it even has lumbar seats
don't hate me
D.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ Um...Yeah...I want that last one.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ClayTonto:

^^^ Um...Yeah...I want that last one.

If I get the 88 I will be keeping it for a driver
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice build Dean! I'll keep you posted. It gets me even more motivated to see the really cool car these sway bars will go on!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Very nice build Dean! I'll keep you posted. It gets me even more motivated to see the really cool car these sway bars will go on!

Thanks, Paul
I just got 4 more Fieros yesterday. most to sell but one is another 88 that I will be keeping so I will get another set from you for that car as well but it will be some time before I can work on that car. as of now I might as well go into the Fiero business? I have so many to work on now. LOL. the Goal is to sell them to help pay for my car.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this weekend I worked on the 355 but I was able to do a little glass work on the inside of my front nose to finish off the inside where I had to make the cuts for the side vents.
I should be able to do more to the car soon. the 355 is a lot of work but I have been getting alot done on it, I should be done with it in 2 weeks to get the owner back on the road.
that car is kind of an on going project for me. he has a lot of things he wants changed or fixed but he likes to drive it so we do a little at a time.
D.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I get the 88 I will be keeping it for a driver

But, you don't need TWO 88's
Donate one to an 88less person. (ahem)
That's the unwritten code of 88's.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

But, you don't need TWO 88's
Donate one to an 88less person. (ahem)
That's the unwritten code of 88's.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! uhhhh............ NO!
but if you are nice I might build your car for you!
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 05-05-2009).]

Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only want an 88 headlight system!!You can keep the car!
Did You get the reflectors I sent You?
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

I only want an 88 headlight system!!You can keep the car!
Did You get the reflectors I sent You?

yes! I love them thanks I think they will work nicely.
as far as robbing parts off this car no way
but I will keep an eye out for parts for you.
D.

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL!!!!!!!!!! uhhhh............ NO!
but if you are nice I might build your car for you!
D.

(ClayTonto being nice)
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

(ClayTonto being nice)

LMAO!!!!
CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yesterday I took a trip to Paul's AKA Tha Driver and got the fiberglass doors and hood scoop he made for me.
they turned out great. so when I got home I started working on them. I got the hood scoop glassed in and started working on the doors.
I have to glass in the nut's so the door skin will bolt up to the door.
here are some pic's

[Quote]
how much for a pair of door skins from Pauls

[This message has been edited by CETICARS (edited 05-06-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember how much they were but I will call him and find out and let you know
D.
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So............are you considering making a mold of your rear of your car ?

Rick

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I also wondering ... Are you?

JG

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bozzie:

Rick

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Rick

it will be some time before I can get it done but yes, just because I don't want to try to rebuild it if someone hits me.
once I do I will most likely make one or 2 for sale but they will only fit a widebody car.
D.

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, that would be great !, No problem being a widebody, keep me in mind as one of your sales !

Rick
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock