Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67261 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean,

Your fiberglass and fabrication skills are more impressive with each step you take on this car. Great job.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by exoticse:
Dean,

Your fiberglass and fabrication skills are more impressive with each step you take on this car. Great job.

Thanks, it was a lot harder when I did my first kit car but I have learned alot from a friend that owns a fiberglass shop.
just from the time I started on this car to now I have gotten way better and things that did not come out right I have redone
I just did not post the redo's LOL!

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Look what I just went and picked up from the tire shop!
I can't wait to get home tonight. I will post mounted pic's monday.

Carnut call me when you want to come get your wheels and thanks for the loaners!
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get those bad boys on the car and post some pics!

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 03-20-2009).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tires and wheels look great! Since you're a friend, I'll trade you even up for mine!
Mar 21st, 2009
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it monday yet !!??

Dying to see the wheels on this bad boy !
Mar 23rd, 2009
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok it's Monday! I know no one likes mondays but here is somthing to brighten up the day.
this last weekend I worked on the car both days and did alot but most of it was stuff that was rather boring to take pics of
I worked on the front lower pannel that took a good part of the weekend and it still is not done but it is close.
while I waited for that to dry I worked on many other things like fitting the rockers to the door jambs better, I made a pattern for my back glass to take it to my shop
and cut it this week so I could send it out for tempering, as well as many other little things that needed done like the glove box in the dash.
once I got my wheels installed I looked over all the body lines around the tires and I had to do a few tweaks the bigest one was the rear bumper
when I built it I made the bottom too wide so I cut the bottom part and re fitted it to the wheel and it looks way better.
I think I have a love hate thing with fiberglass it is easy to make changes on parts but it takes a lot of time waiting for it to setup.
that is why you have to work on so many parts of the car at once.
anyway here are the pic's that all of you wanted to see! the wheels mounted.
Enjoy,

is it just me or does the car look more agressive with the front lower on the 355 nose and the big wheels?
I will lower the car about 1" later to fit the wheel wells beter.

the wheels fit exactly the way I wanted them to they come out just inside of even with the body.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-23-2009).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheels looks great man, can't wait to see this thing complete. Looks like you nailed the wheel measurements.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !!!

That looks really good
You have been working very hard on that car, you should take a break and bring it to Daytona.

Keep up the good work
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Wow !!!

That looks really good
You have been working very hard on that car, you should take a break and bring it to Daytona.

Keep up the good work

Trust me I thought about throwing it on a trailer and draging it down but it would not be any fun just having it on a trailer.
I might make it to Daytona but the car will not.

it would go a lot faster if I had help and a little more money, I will always take any donations for both! LOL

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean,
Better get the coke can pic for curley. You know he'll be asking for it. The car is coming along and looking good. Keep pluging away.

Joe
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Hey Dean,
Better get the coke can pic for curley. You know he'll be asking for it. The car is coming along and looking good. Keep pluging away.

Joe

I am working on it, how is yours doing?
also I already did the Coke can a while ago and posted it but I have not lowered the car yet.
using the wheels and tires I have it did lift the car a little
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! I love it when a plan comes together. First off, the rims are beautiful, wide, and fills up the fender/rim gap. Secondly, it's a perfect fit for your widebody.

If I may ask, can you take a picture of the rear tires, but from a lower stance in the back? I'd like to see how a 285 looks from the rear.

Oh yeah, as Godfather mentioned, can somebody hand me a Coke, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-23-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you mean like this?

this pic was taken before I narrowed the rear bumper. I made it to wide for the wheels the first time.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-23-2009).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good . Dean what are the specs on the rear wheel?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 03-23-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you kidding me !??!

That is ridiculously sick ! Love the chin spoiler too !

OMG those wheels !!! Somebody come empty this bucket of drool beneath my keyboard !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-23-2009).]

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Are you kidding me !??!

That is ridiculously sick ! Love the chin spoiler too !

OMG those wheels !!! Somebody come empty this bucket of drool beneath my keyboard !

Easy Tony. LOL
Mar 24th, 2009
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

do you mean like this?

this pic was taken before I narrowed the rear bumper. I made it to wide for the wheels the first time.

Yeah that baby is beefy enough. Any pic of the inner lip near the coil-overs?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yeah that baby is beefy enough. Any pic of the inner lip near the coil-overs?

no not yet but it clears the spring just fine, better than I thought it would

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
I had a little time this morning so I went out to the shop with my pattern and cut my new back glass.
now it is off to be tempered, I will have it back by thursday
if I can't go to Daytona I will install it this weekend.

the glass is called Greylite 14 it is as dark as you can get. this way I don't have to tint it

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-24-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Lookin' good!

Thanks! from you that means alot

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No not yet but it clears the spring just fine, better than I thought it would.

Do you think you'll have enough for additional 1/2 if somebody wanted to go to a 11" width? Also, are you using coil-overs or stock? Enquiring minds would like to know, hehe.

I know I'd like to get a extra pair in 20x11 for a 88 (if there's more room).
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Do you think you'll have enough for additional 1/2 if somebody wanted to go to a 11" width? Also, are you using coil-overs or stock? Enquiring minds would like to know, hehe.

I know I'd like to get a extra pair in 20x11 for a 88 (if there's more room).

I will try to get some measurements and a pic if I can get to it with the car on the ground.
the big wheels are a little harder to get behind without jacking it up.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! The lip/tire is near perfect. Excellent measurements. I really hate for 88s to have the front tires sticking out beyond the fender.

Mar 25th, 2009
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it took a lot of work to get those fenders to line up with the wheels that way. LOL
I was not able to get pic's of the inside of the tire to the strut yet but I will post them asap.
I can say that even with the factory springs on I have plenty of room and once I do the coilovers I will have even more room.

my back glass just went on the truck to be tempered and I should have it back as early as tomarow.
since I will not be able to go to Daytona this weekend I will camp in my garage and work on my car.
I will see about getting the back glass installed and doing a lot of body work, YUCK! I will be so happy once I am done with that part.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I don't check this forum & I keep forgetting this thread is moved here. Those wheels are a perfect fit! Everything you do is right on the money. Just think, Dean, only a few hundred more hours & you'll be driving it.
And, you'll not only have something as sharp as your friend's Lambo, but a custom car you built yourself - that nobody else has.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

DO NOT TOUCH THE TREUM!
Mar 26th, 2009
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Paul,
and yes you are right just a few hundred hrs. to go to get it to primer
so I can drive it. LOL
I want to be able to drive it this summer while I build the motor.
with any luck and a bit more money I should be driving it by june.
fingers crossed.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie, sorry to hear you will not make it to Daytona, but hey we all know stuff happens.

Keep plugging away !

it took a lot of work to get those fenders to line up with the wheels that way. LOL
I was not able to get pic's of the inside of the tire to the strut yet but I will post them asap.
I can say that even with the factory springs on I have plenty of room and once I do the coilovers I will have even more room.

my back glass just went on the truck to be tempered and I should have it back as early as tomarow.
since I will not be able to go to Daytona this weekend I will camp in my garage and work on my car.
I will see about getting the back glass installed and doing a lot of body work, YUCK! I will be so happy once I am done with that part.

Mar 27th, 2009
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night I worked on the car for about an hour.
I tried to get pic's of the clearance on the back wheel to the strut but I could not get the camera in to get a goo pic
but for Curly I have almost 7/8" clearance from my wheel to the stock strut/ spring combo I will have more room once I do coilovers.
any way I worked on the chin spoiler and the dash for a little while. I was able to line the underside of the dash with Jute to help with any noise.
I started sanding and shaping the chin as well as shot a little primer to help me see what needs to be done.
to many colors to look at to see what needed done.

and this is for Curly!
PFF
System Bot
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Better listen for the phone, the Pininfarina Styling Studio may call you for recruitment.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be Ok with me!
Right now I am at my office trying to talk my wife into going to Daytona and she just might do it!
I will get there about midnight tonight if we do.

The Wife said YES! I will see all of you in Daytona in the Morning.
we should get in no later than midnight tonight.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-27-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For Curly I have almost 7/8" clearance from my wheel to the stock strut/ spring combo I will have more room once I do coilovers.

7/8" with more to come once the coil-overs are mounted on a 88. This gives me ideas for #015 (if I decide to buy BonSpeed).

Thanks Dean for posting the pics.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would be Ok with me!
Right now I am at my office trying to talk my wife into going to Daytona and she just might do it!
I will get there about midnight tonight if we do.

The Wife said YES! I will see all of you in Daytona in the Morning.
we should get in no later than midnight tonight.

Good idea! The weather stinks this week-end!
Mar 29th, 2009
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we just got back from Daytona, long drive but it was worth it.
I got to meet some of the people that I talk to here, got sun burn, and a few parts for my car.
I picked up a fiberglass head liner, and while I was wandering around the swap meet I found a set of Recaro seats as well I only paid 200.00
for the pair. I will post pic's later this week but for now I am tired!

I would like to say it was great meeting everyone and I look forward to doing it again.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we just got back from Daytona, long drive but it was worth it.
I got to meet some of the people that I talk to here, got sun burn, and a few parts for my car.
I picked up a fiberglass head liner, and while I was wandering around the swap meet I found a set of Recaro seats as well I only paid 200.00
for the pair. I will post pic's later this week but for now I am tired!

I would like to say it was great meeting everyone and I look forward to doing it again.

It was great to finally get to meet you as well Dean.

Mar 30th, 2009
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean,

I just got finished looking over your build thread. Your project is very ambitious but your making great progress. Keep up the great work. I enjoyed meeting you at the Daytona show and I look forward to seeing the car in person when you get it on the road. I noticed that you have a contact for Corvette Parts. As it so happens, I'm in need of some Corvette brake parts. Is your friend still in the business? Give me a PM if you think you can help me out and I can fill you in on the details.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

Hey Dean,

I just got finished looking over your build thread. Your project is very ambitious but your making great progress. Keep up the great work. I enjoyed meeting you at the Daytona show and I look forward to seeing the car in person when you get it on the road. I noticed that you have a contact for Corvette Parts. As it so happens, I'm in need of some Corvette brake parts. Is your friend still in the business? Give me a PM if you think you can help me out and I can fill you in on the details.

he had 3 corvettes that he was parting out and the brakes went fast but if I come across any more I will let you know.
PM me with the details of what you are looking for and I will see what I can do.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

Hey Dean,

Sorry... I forgot to tell you how I was.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 9th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2005

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock