Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67262 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Galliero:

Check and see if he has a set corvette side mirrors. Thanks! Did you get to check out my thread I think you would like my project especially considering it is based on a lambo Gallardo like the one your friend just got.

he had 2 sets but has sold them both. almost all the parts are gone now from the Corvettes
I was able to look at your build looking good. PM me if you have questions that I can help with
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by carnut122:

Testing...1...2...3. Is this thread still working?

LOL! I have beed working so much I have not been able to look at the car since the end of last year.
I have to make the money before I can spend it, printing press and all LOL. I will be able to get back to it this mounth I want to get the tires mounted so I can get your wheels
back to you.
keep in touch, D.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

LOL! I have beed working so much I have not been able to look at the car since the end of last year.
I have to make the money before I can spend it, printing press and all LOL. I will be able to get back to it this mounth I want to get the tires mounted so I can get your wheels
back to you.
keep in touch, D.

I've been checking on your progress, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to harass you a bit. Things have settled down on my end a bit. I'm in no hurry on the wheels, but I'm planning on putting them up for sale prior to the Fiero Factory Swap Meet (April 26th) so that I can save somebody money on shipping.
Galliero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

that's what I was going for. I will screen it in like the back also.
thanks for the complement. it's not the garage or the shop it's the people in it or in my case the person... LOL.

page 9 is mine!

I meant to ask you where do you get the screen you use in your vents i been looking for that all over the place and all I can find is that diamond lathe they use to put stucco on walls at the home improvement place.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I meant to ask you where do you get the screen you use in your vents i been looking for that all over the place and all I can find is that diamond lathe they use to put stucco on walls at the home improvement place.

go to a sheet metal company they have all differant kinds and you can get cutoff's cheap.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by carnut122:

I've been checking on your progress, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to harass you a bit. Things have settled down on my end a bit. I'm in no hurry on the wheels, but I'm planning on putting them up for sale prior to the Fiero Factory Swap Meet (April 26th) so that I can save somebody money on shipping.

sale away if you need them no problem I will just have to put it up on jack stands but that is no big deal so just let me know.
D.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is a link to folks selling expanded aluminum & other mesh in Scott Kimball's thread installing my hood vent: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079950.html
OK I looked it up it's http://www.autodirectsave.com/
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

PM Sent.

sent back at you !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean you have another PM.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know some of you have been asking what happend to my build. as of this point it is on hold due to lack of funds but things are looking up at work. I should be able to have the time and money to get back at it by March. things were tight for a while and at one point I thought I might have to sell it but I sold one of my Harley's instead.
anyway I just wanted to let all of you know that it is not dead and I will be posting more pic's as soon as I can.
thanks for all your support with getting me this far.
D.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hang in there Dean.

Monies are tight right now for practically everyone.

Just today, 6 good friends of mine, who all worked at the same place were blindsided and told that in two weeks they will no longer have jobs.

Things are really tough.
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, you have a PM.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Dean, you have a PM.

got it thanks!
I love this, our own little build section. Nice job!
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's it looking for Daytona whodeanie ? It will be down to the wire with me, it could go either way.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

How's it looking for Daytona whodeanie ? It will be down to the wire with me, it could go either way.

my car will not make it but I am going to try to make it. I have a job going on in west palm so I will be down there at that time
but if I can escape I will high tail it to Daytona from there
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
disregard this post I was having a bad day!
stupid contractors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need to pay me what they owe me!
@#!%$^&*(^%$#@!
ok I feal better now!

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 02-27-2009).]

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as much as I hate to do this I may have to sell this car. things have gotten bad around here.
I don't want to do this but I may not have a choice.
I have a lot of time and money tied up in this car. I am thinking about asking 7k for everything.
PM me with any questions.

/me pretends he's Freddie Mercury...

"Steve walks warily down the street, brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go
Are you ready? Are you ready for this? Are you hangin' on the edge of your seat?
Through the doorway the bullets rip, to the sound of the beat....

Another one bites the dust....
Another one bites the dust....
Another one gone, and another gone, another one bites the dust,
Hey, I'm gonna get you too, another one bites the dust!"

I'm sorry to hear that, dean. I hope things get better for you.
-Paul
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as much as I hate to do this I may have to sell this car. things have gotten bad around here.
I don't want to do this but I may not have a choice.
I have a lot of time and money tied up in this car. I am thinking about asking 7k for everything.
PM me with any questions.

Well that SUCKS !! Didn't see that coming. Hopefully things pick up and you can keep it.

Joe
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you get to keep your car, you cant put a price on the amount of work you have in it.
Good luck to you, I hope you can stick it out and hold on to your car.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I was having a bad day I thought I was going to have to close the doors on my shop because a contractor was paid for my part of the job and instead of paying me he kept it for himself. last night I was able to contact the owner of the building and he has a check for me directly this morning. the contractor has alot of explaining to do to him.
but the long and short of it I get my money to keep my shop going. so now I will not have to sell my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try to work on it this weekend so I hope to post new picks on monday
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Dean !

I think all of us were hoping and are glad to see you get to keep it, and continue this amazing ride.
Now let's see those wheels and tires on that baby !!! hehehehe

Best wishes.

Tony
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to post this pic to hold you all over till monday.
a friend of mine has more money than he knows what to do with. I went with him to the Laborghini dealer
when he got his new car and they had me sit in one and took this pic.
all I wanted were the keys! LOL.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yesterday I was having a bad day I thought I was going to have to close the doors on my shop because a contractor was paid for my part of the job and instead of paying me he kept it for himself. last night I was able to contact the owner of the building and he has a check for me directly this morning. the contractor has alot of explaining to do to him.
but the long and short of it I get my money to keep my shop going. so now I will not have to sell my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try to work on it this weekend so I hope to post new picks on monday

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, you've put too much love and work into that car to sell it. Unless it's costing you money to sit there and wait until you can finish it, I just can't see any reason to sell it.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Monday!
And I was able to do a little work on the car this weekend. it felt great to work on it again.
I am still sick of bodywork so I decided to work on other things. first off I did do a little body work on my Mirrors and got them in primer.
I have taken the stock Fiero mirrors and pulled all the guts out of them so I can make my new mirrors power using the stock Fiero parts. plug and play!
after I got tired of body work I decided to work on the inside of the car. first off I plan to do a sound system in the car and with space being what it is I cut the back wall behind the seats to give me a little extra room. I then boxed them back in and started installing the sound mat on the inside of the car. evrey surface on the inside of the car will be done
as well as the back side of all the trim and dash as well as the doors I will use one layer of Dynamat on the doors but I will also cover the inside of the door skin with the supperlite
mat. I want to keep weight on the doors down but also keep the rattles away.
here are a few pic's from this weekend.
D.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-02-2009).]

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am still sick of bodywork
after I got tired of budy work I decided to work on the inside of the car.
I know the feeling.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ClayTonto gave me the heads up on a paint on sound deadner that I just ordered to help with the Dynamat
I am giong to use it to get all the spots that are hard to do with the mat like the underside of the dash and I will also do the doors with it to keep
the weight down. when I am done with the car it will be as quiet as I can get it.
http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_24
this stuff costs way less than the Dynamat.

I am going to try to work on the car this weekend and post some new pics by monday
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you decided to use the eDead, BTW you can even apply it over the dynamat if you like. Gotta love that stuff.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a little update... last night i worked on the mirrors I took the guts out of the stock Fiero power mirrors so I could install them in to the new mirrors.
I used a dowell rod to mount the plate to and fitted it into the housing then I used a 1min. epoxy to set it in place. I will also glass over all of it later to finish them.
I amusing all the stock Fiero guts so it will be plug and play as far as the mirror itself I will use the stock backing plate but I will cut it to fit then install a mirror that I will have
to cut and fit by hand but for me this is no big deal because I own a glass shop and I do this every day. I will post a pic once photo bucket gets done with the update they are doing now.
here is the pic....

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-11-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finaly a real update!
last night I worked on the car for a few hrs. first I worked on the carpet I was able to remove the padding from the carpet without damage so I could re use it with new carpet.
next I made a glove box and did a few other tweaks on the doors that I will get more into later.
while I was waiting for the fiberglass to dry I worked on the frontend, I know you will all like this one when I get it done but here are some pics from the start of it.
I cut out the MDF to the size and shape that I wanted then I fitted it to the car I don't want to go any farther out or lower with it because I would like it to stay on the car.

a fiero with a real glove box! not that big but better than nothing!

the padding from the old carpet, I will get to that later.

PFF
System Bot
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is going to be hot, can't wait to see where this baby ends up.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean,

I really love where you are going with this front end,...the tweeks make all the difference in the world !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on the car this weekend but I did not get any pic's yet. this weekend I worked on the inside of the car I finished all the Dynamat and on top of that I used a liquid sound dead on top of everything else, I did the underside of the dash and the doors. when I remove the body I will do the top of the cab and the wheel wells as well. I want this car to be as quiet as I can get it. I did not work on the body yet, I am still deciding what I want to do with the lower on the front. I think I will have a little time to work on the body this next week but I will keep you posted.
D.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you get this thing finalized, I hope you're going to pull molds from it. If not to sell, at least in the event of any inadvertent body damage. Lotsa deer up there where you live.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pic's that I took last night.
I finished all the sound proofing on the inside of the car and started test fitting the dash and door pannels
as well as the seats. I am still not sure if I am going to use the stock Fiero seats but I want to get them as low as I can in the car so I don't hit my
head on the roof.
the whole inside of the car has been done in Dynamat and then painted over with the edead.

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
Glad to see the progress picking up again. Keep it up!

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, it feels great to work on it again!

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-17-2009).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duh! The last time I looked in the tech section, it said your thread was closed. I figured something must have happened? Tonight, I found the new section with build threads and found you're still here. Then I read that you were about to pull the plug on this. I'm glad it all worked out in the end! I'll need to pm you soon about coming to get the wheels. You're car is looking good! Hang in there!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night I worked on the front lower. I made a pattern using 5/8 MDF to get the shape then once I was happy with it I took
it and used a trick that my friend taught me if you tape over the wood and then fiberglass it it makes it easy to remove the fiberglass from the wood.
I don't want to leave the wood in because it makes it heavy and the wood would take on water so I just used it for the shape. once the bottom is done I will mock it back up
under the nose and do the top part of the glass. I will make it removeable so if I hit something I can take it off and fix it.

I also have my wheels with me today to get new tires installed I will post pic's of that next monday.
but for now here is the part from last night.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock