Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Billet Pegasus Badges- orders now being taken for a group buy........................ (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
Billet Pegasus Badges- orders now being taken for a group buy........................ by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-13-2007 10:21 PM
Replies: 980
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 01-13-2013 01:21 PM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

This started with a request from whadeduck for a Pegasus emblem to put on his Fiero. The first prototype has been made and here it is...

I didn't spend a lot of time polishing this as I need to grab another buffing wheel but it should give you a good idea what you'd be getting. Unfortunately, I have to take this back to the shop tomorrow, and this one has already been called for by one of the guys at the shop.

As soon as we can get 30 ordered, I'll have the shop run them off and get them shipped out. The price for the first 30 ordered will only be $47. Any after that will be higher. These are made of billet aluminum with highly polished finish on them.

I've been thinking about how to attach these and I really think that the best way to attach these will be with clear RTV silicone, which can be easily found at your local auto supply place. It should be easy enough to have posts put on these if you wish. One of the considerations was having them stolen. Using the RTV silicone, these are not going anywhere fast. There's going to be damage no matter what you use if someone tries to force one or two off, so I guess the real question is how much damage do you want to your surrounding surface? The RTV silicone will hold it fast and better than posts alone. Plus, there are no holes to drill.

This looks so much better in person than my camera can capture. I'm very pleased with the detail that the shop was able to produce along the edges and glad that I didn't have to make adjustments that other processes would require me to have made.

If you're looking for something unique, and something that really looks like it belongs on a Fiero, then this is it.

I'll keep track of this thread and answer any questions I can as soon as they're posted.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
looks amazing

tho i dont know i would want to put ON my car, if it were smaller it might be cool to have hanging from the rear view?
maybe a small eyelett on top to hang it from a small chain?
or mounted inside the car??

could there be an eyelet ?
and maybe both sides finished with the detail, polished or not and a bit smaller to hang from the rear view?

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 11-13-2007).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
As I mentioned in the original thread....
I will take 3 of them.

Thank you for making these available!
Let me know how to send payment and it will be on it's way.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Two please.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

looks amazing

tho i dont know i would want to put ON my car, if it were smaller it might be cool to have hanging from the rear view?
maybe a small eyelett on top to hang it from a small chain?
or mounted inside the car??

How small? Since the file is ready to go, scaling it wouldn't be a problem. I forgot to mention that the actual size of this is 3.500" high by 2.925" wide.

You could always put a hole through the nose and hang it from your Christmas tree, or Festivus pole...

Oops, you guys are quick so I had to add the quote for reference...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 11-13-2007).]

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i think that tan appropriate size for hanging from the rear view would be like half the size it is now

is that possible for the tooling to still be detailed in a smaller size?
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in one half that size.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

i think that tan appropriate size for hanging from the rear view would be like half the size it is now
is that possible for the tooling to still be detailed in a smaller size?

I don't see why not, I'll talk to the guys at the shop tomorrow when I take the sample back, and ask for some pricing on that size. As far as this one goes, I've put it on my Fiero in several places and really like the proportion of this, particularly one the gas cover...

Not an actual pic, but all the measurements are right on.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Count update: 18 left...

Some of this count comes from PM's so don't reflect posts here...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 11-13-2007).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one.

Greg

------------------

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
I would like 3.

I take it we must wait until we reach 30 buyers?
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:
I would like 3.
I take it we must wait until we reach 30 buyers?

At this rate, I don't think you'll have to wait until the 30 is reached to get this started. 30 is what the shop had quoted me on for a first run. After that, I'll have to come up with the money to do another run to sell individually.

Let me also add that if anyone is not happy with what they get, they can return it for a full refund which includes covering the cost of sending it back. I have to say that looking at this sitting on my desk I can't imagine that anyone will be disappointed.
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
I would like 1
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Amazing work F-I-E-R-O, good stuff I'll do some publicity on the French forum

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Merci Beaucoup Mister!

I've been working on the polishing and have gotten a pretty decent polished finish on the emblem...

Vivaldi- Four Seasons and a little love...

edit: please note that the background of the emblem hasn't been touched yet, just the surface. I couldn't give it back to the shop without giving it the best shine I could.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 11-14-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
I've been working on the polishing and have gotten a pretty decent polished finish on the emblem...

Such a nice shine, you can see your camera reflecting in it

Very tempting to get one of those tail light conversions and install a Pegasus in the center...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Or maybe one for the center console...

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 11-14-2007).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
2 for me.

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Steve25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Direct Link to This Post
I would like 2 please.

------------------
Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
88 GT

DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSDirect Link to This Post
I would like one as well.

In the center console was were I was thinking of putting it first, but now I don't know. So many places.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DESTOS:

I would like one as well.

In the center console was were I was thinking of putting it first, but now I don't know. So many places.

I think my favorite spot inside is on the center console storage door.
pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
Please put me down for two. Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I stopped by the shop today and talked to my guy about getting a quote for the half sized version and should have that by Friday. As soon as the order is placed for the larger one, I was told that it should take about a week to get them, then a day or two to polish and get ready to send out. As an added note, the backs of these won't be polished, but can be done fairly easily if someone wants to do so.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for one please Andrew.

Thanks
Nolan
formula2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula2Send a Private Message to formula2Direct Link to This Post
I take 3
Email me when you are ready..
I am not here often.
Thanks

www.fieromontreal.com

[This message has been edited by formula2 (edited 11-14-2007).]

metrofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for metrofieroSend a Private Message to metrofieroDirect Link to This Post
very nice !!!!! mark me down for ( 1 ) please.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Got you guys covered. Thanks.

I can't wait to get these started. It was tough taking the sample back to the shop today, it's so seldom I ever get something that I can't stop looking at- but the expression on the guy who got it back today was worth giving it up (at least until the new ones are made).
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
any word on the smaller one?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

any word on the smaller one?

I talked to them yesterday afternoon (Wed.) and was told I should have a quote on Friday if not late today (Thurs.).
PineyCreek

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
hmm...I'd love one. I just need a place to put it on my fastback where it won't be stolen. You take paypal? PM me.

------------------
1986 SE V6, stock, auto, fastback. GT Trim and Body panels.

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Ditto on the do you take paypal? If not how soon would you need the check/money order?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
PayPal will be best, that way everyone feels comfortable with having a secure method of payment as well as for me to have a record of the transactions in one place.
PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
PayPal address? I will send payment through that if it is what you prefer.
DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I think my favorite spot inside is on the center console storage door.

That's exactly where I was going to put it, but I'm doing my seats too and want the emblems on them...and that's a lot of horses.
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
I'd like 2. I'll be paypal in you the payment 2morrow. I'll attach my forum name in a note

Thanks,
~Tim
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DESTOS:
That's exactly where I was going to put it, but I'm doing my seats too and want the emblems on them...and that's a lot of horses.

No... this is a lot of horses...

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
These will be ordered tomorrow, and I'll contact everyone with payment info. After discussing the job with the shop, I was told that it would take about two weeks to get them done. My plan is to pick them up as they're done to get started on the polishing and get them out to you quickly rather than waiting for the whole lot, and I'll send them out in the order that they were requested.

As much as it's important to me that these look the best I can make them, I also want to make sure that your orders are filled quickly.

As a side note, here's another item that I'm going to have made up...

Billet door tabs! Tmur115 had posted in general that he was looking for an inexpensive mod. This is one of the few things that will work in every Fiero (that I'm aware of), and will look really good against both the camel and black. They won't have the little tabs on the back, but should attach with a small drop of adhesive (again I'm thinking of the RTV Silicone) without any problem. When I get more info, I'll start another thread.
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
F-I-E-R-O
Just in case my request didn't count in the original post, I want to make sure I'm part of the original 30. I would actually like TWO of them if possible. Let me know when you need payment and it's on it's way!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

F-I-E-R-O
Just in case my request didn't count in the original post, I want to make sure I'm part of the original 30. I would actually like TWO of them if possible. Let me know when you need payment and it's on it's way!

Yes, I got you- and the change is made on my worksheet. Thank you.

-Andrew

Note: There are 5 left that will be sold at the PFF group buy price.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 11-16-2007).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Holy s***, man! Nice. I think you're onto something!
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
i want one, let me know when and where to send the money.

thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock