Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 55)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103493 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2021 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Montage is M6 McLaren and the Mirage is M8 McLaren and they are not a exact copy
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well just bought a place down in Moriston FL just outside of Ocala I do need to build myself a shop to play in but i have just over a acer of land
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I am so sick of Covid Bs and the weather in NH as i wait for the closing on my place in FL . I have all sorts of things I have put on my plate like my Mirage kit car and my newly attained Dually never mind moving all my stuff to the new house and work needed on the house . I am hoping to enjoy allot of time in the fiero in FL even though it is about 75 percent done .
Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let us know when you are settled in. There are a few of us in Ocala (myself and Lou Breslow) as well as Larry Hubbert (in New Port Richey). We should try to get together. Welcome to sunny Florida! If I can help with any info you need, drop me a PM and I'll help if I can!

------------------
'88 Formula T-Top. Custom made hood, side scoops, taillights, Z/28 spoiler. Mr. Mike's seats, RM Upholstery door panels, shift and brake boots, custom glove box, PW/Remote PL, Monsoon AM/FM/CD/Bluetooth

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I will be closing this week on the house and will be moving stuff down though the summer and then finally moving my self down at the end of summer
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2021 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there I have signed all the papers now and sent the rest of the money over night back down to FL so I will be the owner by Friday so I should be starting to move soon
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moving how fun it is. Good to hear things are moving along.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2021 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is all mine now I need to build a garage or a pole barn so i have a shop to work on things
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2021 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i brought the engine block to my friend who is a Automotive Machinist and traded him some things for boring cylinders, installing cam Bearings & cleaning the block this is for a My Manta Mirage it will be 428 CI Ls iron block engine. The Fiero is just waiting for me to do work on it as i have driven it but with the moving and all the things i need to do the are ahead of all my projects i don't see any of them getting any love right now as i go through all my stuff and decide what to move and what to just get rid of .

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2021 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this thread over on LS1tech and thought of you. I think earlier in this thread there were discussions around using the B7 transmission, so it was cool to see one actually being used.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/...a4-ls4-awd-swap.html

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2021 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cool some one needs to put a fiero together with one but for now it wont be me as I have to much going on and to many projects
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2021 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But with an AWD transaxle like that, moving all the torque through 2wd by nodding it, would that even stand up to the increase?

I know you aren't going that route. There's a guy on YouTube who has completed putting a V10 in his 1995 Audi wagon. He's been beating on the car pretty hard, awd.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2021 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know they convert Subaru trans but not sure how strong the shaft is on the Audi transmission as I believe it has a shaft within a hollow shaft like a Subaru
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2021 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well yesterday I started down to my place in FL with my fiero in tow but just before I got to Springfield MA the truck radiator was leaking pretty good so i had to turn around and limp it back to my Dads . I checked it out and it is leaking along the seam where the core hooks to the plastic tank so I ordered a new one and have to wait until Wednesday . I can see that the filler in the car has shrunk or something as there are lines and such where it looks like the stuff sunk in making you really able to see all the places of where things are joined together
Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2021 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

Let us know when you are settled in. There are a few of us in Ocala (myself and Lou Breslow) as well as Larry Hubbert (in New Port Richey). We should try to get together. Welcome to sunny Florida! If I can help with any info you need, drop me a PM and I'll help if I can!

Amen. Let's do it. I'm near Daytona, and if I'm not travelling over Thanksgiving, I'll be at the Turkey Rod Run at Daytona Speedway.

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would but going up north for Thanksgiving i want to spend time with my 92 year old Dad as not sure how many more he will be around for
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested the fiero is for sale for $4,000 I am in Florida right now and I'm just not going to keep this thing as I've got other things to work on and think about it was a fun ride doing The fieros but I think I'm out of it I've grown out of it now
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of it's current state?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can take some pictures of it I don't know how I'm going to upload them all I have is my cell phone right now because of being over here in morriston they don't have very good internet so I don't have internet yet I'm only like 25 miles away from me anyways so I could always drive it into if you want to see it in person drive it into Ocala I mean if you're really interested or I can text you pictures if you want a PM me your phone number
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I sent you a PM with my phone number if you want you can call me and I can show you the car
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, but like you, I've given up on Fieros. Was hoping you'd post pics so others on here who might be interested could get a look-see. I sold my Formula a few months ago, but I still pop in here once in a while to see what's going on. Still love the cars, just can't get in them anymore!
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay I thought you were interested but thanks for trying to help me but if anybody else is interested I am in the Ocala area of Florida so if you live around Ocala and you're interested I can drive the car to a location and you can take a look at it never mind just look at pictures you can actually look at the car here it run even probably take it for a test drive if you can get in it with chop top in the roll cage makes it pretty hard to get into
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2021 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale Pending
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2021 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is sold
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2021 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have looked into the Audi transmission and they have a FWD version it is a OB1 and it came in A5 2009 -2011 in the USA but finding one is impossible but over in the united kingdom or great Brittan on ebay they have them as the pictures i have all came from ebay

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-11-2021).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2021 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok from looking at the parts catalog it look to me you can by the AWD version and convert it to FWD as they list the parts for AWD and FWD together like no 30 in the exploded view is out put shat and they give you 2 different numbers one is for the FWD and the other is AWD same with the end cover
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2021 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found it would be about $1000 for the transmission all shipped to me from Great Britten shipping was like $688 and the transmission was $350 I am thinking when i get some extra cash i will buy one as i think a Ls would work great in a longitudinal engine swap fiero
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2022 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the new owner of my build is having a good time it sound like and i am looking around for one and have a few in my sight not sure what engine i would do next but when i get to it i will be doing a none stretch longitudinal Ls V8 or the VW W12
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2022 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance the new owner is going to sign up to be at Carlisle with MAFOA?
I don't know how far of a drive it would be for you, but it would be cool if you could swing by too!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2022 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not think he has time to as he works allot he said and lives in Louisiana so it would be a big trip for him when is it I might go it but it depends on some things
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2023 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is sad the car i built is now not on the road as the engine has been taken out due to 1 of the 2 belts came off i was told and i can understand making it like a 10 rib belt instead of the two 6 rib belts but it has been about a year now since the new owner has done this

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 03-17-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, what became of your 455 jet boat? (odd time of year to think about this with the Christmas Pixie up top)

------------------
1965 Tempest 400 CID
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6
2017 BMW X3 3.0 T
2015 BMW 535iX M Sport
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe 220K miles
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous 235K miles

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock