Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 42)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103493 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to day i had it up on the lift after i blew the rest of the belt up that started to shred so i just had to finish it off anyway i can see one coolant hose needs to be moved and a vacuum line needs to be moved i think i will be able to get over to Race Metal Smith to get the lower and upper pulleys i bought modified to fit what i am doing so i will pull the engine over the weekend
IP: Logged
fierofinder

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you seen the Roadkill episode where they but 4 leaf blowers in the back of a Monza to super charge it? Something to think about.😀
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now don't be giving me ideas lol
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2018 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am 100 percent sure i have belt slip as if i try revving the engine quick it will only hit 7 psi but if i bring it up slow then hit it it show 11.7 and we had 14 on the dyno so i am adding another 6 rib belt so there will be two 6 rib belts running the supercharger so that should take care of any slip.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i need to make a bit more room for the second pulley as it is tight maybe a 1/16 inch right now as you can see
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have looked and looked i am looking for the dead time on Bosch fuel injectors 0280155968 big green injectors if you know where to find the info pleas list a link as i have not found what i need thanks for helping
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Ok i found finally a dead time of 1.14 ms at 14 Volts so the Megasquirt is asking for the 13.2 volts so i am going to set it at 1.2 ms and i will go from there as it might take a bit more due to it is 65 psi fuel pressure instead of the 43.5 psi
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know the more i learn the more i am disappointed in the tuner i paid as he should have looked at all the settings to make sure they where set to the right basic settings before he even tried to get it to run right as he spent so much time messing with it just trying to get it to not stall out when you let off the throttle because of wrong settings and i feel i am pay for him to figure out what is wrong and correct it like the dead times for the injectors now the car is not stalling every time i shift gears now that i corrected it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-28-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i am moving up i just bought all the parts to make my Megasquirt 2 into a Megasquirt 3 with extension so i will have full sequential injection and ignition not sure it will be any big deal on the way it runs but i can say that it has all that dumb stuff lol
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok today i have the Ms3 together with expansion board now i just need to do some wiring that i think i will do tomorrow on the 4th and it should run again i wanted to hook up the knock sensor stuff but did not understand there direction for doing so for now i don't have that as am not sure if i solder it to the header pins i just need to get clear on it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i got all the injectors wired along with all the coils i would have gotten much more done but the site that had the Audi wiring info was not there so it took for ever to find simple wiring schematic now i just have all the sensors to hook up that is TPS , MAT , CLNT , O2 & Crank
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well tomorrow i will try to finish up the wiring as i am going to pull the rats nest out of it and get it much neater than it is
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have been messing with my Jet Boat but need to take the car and out for a ride as my machinist has not done pulleys like i want after 3 weeks he has not even touched them kinda pissed off about it so for now i am going with a 3 inch upper pulley for lower boost and less strain on the single 6 rib belt
jet boat running 455 olds
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2018 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another SWEET project Mark !....that gantry looks familiar .......getting some good use out of THAT !

Boz
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the feelin, I hate waiting for someone else to do something for me so I can finish a project. and THEN paying too much and waiting too long for a shitty job. lol Story o my life. But hey that jet boat will clean up nice.

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2018 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks guy's i have just been doing the boat thing and letting the car sit as i am burned out on the fiero and am having some fun just relaxing working on the boat
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you post progress on the boat as well. That thing looks cool!
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Make sure you post progress on the boat as well. That thing looks cool!

I agree with Guru, that boat has some really nice lines...

Joe
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2018 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disagree. Less boats. More Audi/Fiero in this thread. Zero interest in anything other than Fiero stuff in these forums.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 07-22-2018).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YOU ^^^^^^^ Have NO idea who this guy is, what he's capable of and really how far he's come. We all need a "out" from our projects sometimes, and well, I think there is a few people on here interested in "his" outlets. Because, amazingly , even his outlets are cool Keep it up Mark !

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bozzie how thing going for you ?
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For amusement, google Fiero boats.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what a finished Sleekcraft Aristocrat jet boat looks like finished and mine will look like except colors

Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine man is my hero!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bruce the big Oldsmobile is just hanging out waiting for the jet boat oil pan bought on ebay i also have a new aluminum intake and some good used Hardin Marine fined aluminum valve covers

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2018 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

YOU ^^^^^^^ Have NO idea who this guy is, what he's capable of and really how far he's come. We all need a "out" from our projects sometimes, and well, I think there is a few people on here interested in "his" outlets. Because, amazingly , even his outlets are cool Keep it up Mark !

Boz

Actually, YOU don't know how wrong you are. I've been reading M's posts from way back before you can imagine. On my other computer I have a pic of him with a swollen face from a procedure he had about a decade ago. The world isn't so big.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

i have been messing with my Jet Boat...

Uh oh...

Mark, the most apropos description I ever heard was that a boat is nothing more than a hole in the water to pour money into.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-24-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm you must be thinking of some one else as i don't remember posting any picture of me with a swollen face from any procedure
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2018 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was posted on Perfor mance Years. Might not have been a procedure. That's how long ago it was.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not me i hate to say but i have never posted my picture on the internet with my face all swollen up i am not saying you don't know me maybe you know my first name and last name but no one really knows me lol
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you never posted on PY? Well some day when I can get past the unknown password I put on the other machine I'll post the pic in question. Have fun with the boats
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now you have me wondering what the heck as i don't recall ever posting a picture of me with my face all swollen up any place on the internet maybe it is a regular picture of me when i was even fatter lol
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2018 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, no it's a side profile pic and something on your face is swollen. Don't remember the reason though. It wasn't permanent is all I remember. Would've posted it last year if I could get in that computer.
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That boat is from the mid 70's I guess. I used to drool over those back then. At the time, the Philly Boat Show at the civic center was a yearly destination for me.

------------------
86 SE V6 Auto
65 Tempest 400 CID
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous
2001 Olds Silhouette (AKA The Band Van)

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well put the jet boat oil pan on the big Oldsmobile so i can drop the engine back in tomorrow i should have it all together soon as i have a few more things on the way
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the big Olds set down in with new intake and valve covers

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I have a sickness already i am thinking of how to make more power with this boat engine and i haven't even had it out on the lake Horse power & speed is my drug of choice as i am a Adrenalin junky. I like the idea this guy had a pair of Holset HX35 on a 455 Oldsmobile with nothing really that trick https://www.youtube.com/wat...inue=3&v=cI9abUVy0Uc

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-28-2018).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also have a problem with, "if some is good, more is better, too much is just enough"... Somewhere along the line one project wasn't enough... ( I blame Stacy David ) There are days I walk into my shop and wonder, "My god, what have I done"...

Cheers Beers n Gearz, Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A video of the coolest type of boats Hot boats they have wild pint jobs and big American V8 power V drive & Jet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka6z4bHQKaI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBHwtL2szAk

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-03-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i will get back on the fiero by the end of the week as i should have the boat up and going and i will feel more like working on it again
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock