Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 49)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103401 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2019 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those never crossed my mind but that is a good idea RCR
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2019 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone used Eastwood paint products and how did it work for you ?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2019 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have been just working and not doing much on the car i just have not felt like doing much on the car

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 03-27-2019).]

pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2019 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a complete body-work novice, I did my Fiero's roof with Eastwood epoxy primer and single-stage black urethane, and I was happy with the result.
I had to wet-sand to remove the orange peel, but once I did, the result was half-way decent.
https://www.fieromontreal.c...25.msg31775#msg31775
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2019 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info as it looks good
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2019 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
fiberglassed the kit car door skin tops to the stock fiero door skins so now i just need to do the front and back then i can sand it and smooth it all out but now the kit car door skins attach like GM intended

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2019 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno how the fiero panels attach, but on my car theres a lip at the upper inside thats fits into the metals frame and screws on the underside. Theres huge pieces of rubber on the front of mine to block the air coming in through the door panels. Do you have that problemo?

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2019 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes the fiero door skin attaches like you said what i did was attach the kit car door skin to the fiero skin i had to trim the top of the kit car door skin then they were bonded to the fiero skins now i am just going around the edges with fiberglass to fill any space cracks and secure t just a bit more but more for to make it like one piece
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2019 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the door skins will be ready by tomorrow for primer as they are coming out nice the edge are all fiberglassed now and i am just using a bit of filler to get them straight . will just need to do a bit of work to the rear section where the quarter scoops are then just 220 then 320 all of it and primer then block sand
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bodywork done on one door and the other is 90 percent done just need to sand it and check it and maybe more filler but i think it won't need any more then just sanding it this last time but i won't know if it will need any more filler until i do the sanding and look for high and low spots . I have used almost 3 gallons of filler now most of it ended up on the floor from sanding and shaping and i know this to be true as i am the one who has to sweep the floor and i have swept up lots of filler dust .

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-02-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2019 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a few minor spots i have found that need work but they look alot better now

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2019 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i started to work on the quarter scoop area and it is coming along good as i am making some scoop pieces out of some flat fiberglass from the old trunk lid
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i took a few pictures of what i am doing in the scoop area as i need to do all the fiberglass / body work to make them look like this is the way it came . the pictures show what i made and the scoop without it and with it .

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2019 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats definitely looking way better, maybe too deep tho? Are you going to put a grille back there, or do the fins start way back there? I know its a real pain in the arse but the time spent now on the little things makes a yuuge difference. Your cars looking awesome

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2019 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i will be putting a grill in it
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting solution to mounting the door skins. Wish I had thought of something like that.

How much of the body kit panels are mounted directly on or over the Fiero panels? I noticed the Fiero side scoop under the one you're making?

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all i did with the fiero panels is trim the wheel opening back about 3 inches then bonded and fiberglassed the kit car body to it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked on the scoop area today i fiberglassed it and put the body filler first coat i will sand it and repeat the filler and sanding

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-13-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when you have to hand sand in tight areas it makes you better at applying body filler so you don't have to do as much sanding
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2019 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i am now just going over the body and fixing anything i have missed so i should be putting it in primer very soon
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was trying to make it to the Home Depot show on mothers day but it is not going to happen because i am trying to do a really good job and trying to not have wavy body work and a nice paint job so instead of feeling like i am in a big rush and screwing the body or paint up i am just gonna take my time it will be done when it is done
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well things are going slower than i always think they are going to go, as i fine tune the body trying to get it as straight as possible and that seems to take more time than i think it is going to take and some is due to not doing this every day but i will just keep pushing on and do my best at getting it straight
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2019 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i put some black primer on the back to see how straight am doing it is looking good but do need to fix a seam and sand some filler down more and feather it in better

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-30-2019).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's taking shape, keep up the good work...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks i keep pecking away at it and it is coming along good
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i got my curved shape sanding blocks and they helped a bunch i spent about 10 minutes per side and am done in the area that i was having a hard time with
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that the black primer actually looks better than the red...

Great work! It's really coming together!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

I think that the black primer actually looks better than the red...

Great work! It's really coming together!

I agree, it would look bad ass in matte black...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It crossed my mind Hot Rod Mat Black as i agree that black looks good

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-03-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I wish i never did this but i switched the primer i was using i was using DupliColor sandable primer works good and i switched to Plastikote sandable primer is Junk it's not so sandable maybe it will be sandable tomorrow

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-03-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i sanded most of the Plastikote sandable primer off it was clogging 80 grit what crap i will get the rest off tomorrow i will say i have learned a lesson even if it says Automotive sandable primer try it on something small first as that stuff is crap
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great man yuuge improvment! Plastikote stuffs junk, I like the rustoleum auto hi build primer. Plastikote paint sucks, always get fisheyes and clogged nozzles

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks shemdogg i looked at your thread your car is looking great i love the air ride i would like to put bag's on my car

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-05-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2019 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hoping to spray high build primer on all the body parts i am going to Home depot tomorrow to get some saw horses and 2x4 to set the body on
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was going to spray high build primer yesterday but got called away by my dad saying he could not breath so i called 911 and went make sure he was alright he is 89 years old and still wants to work like he is 35 + he has Bronchitis so after the big scare i stayed with him the rest of the day and he is fine now with today being mothers day i won't try to get someone to help me with the pulling rear body as am painting body off
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2019 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn it i woke up this morning and see snow i hope it warms up for this next weekend so i can paint what i wanted to do last weekend. May 14th and snow this really sucks
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2019 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear your dad's ok.
I despise plastikote...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2019 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i was happy he was fine even though he is 89 i would miss him alot even though we don't agree on much he is my dad he comes first
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2019 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yaaa it is supposed to be warm tomorrow and i have only 3 state inspection in the morning so i will set the body up and sand anything that needs it wipe it down with wax & grease cleaner tack cloth it and spray it with high build primer
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2019 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is looking good. But please tell me you're not doing matte black (I've been planning on that for years now).

Keep up the good work.

Snow in May? Sounds like Michigan weather.

Bob

PS, Glad your Dad is OK. Take care.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock