Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103494 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well had the day off but it is 50 out and rain so dint even look at it but i hope to do a few things this week to it
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i just was sent a basic tune for a megasquirt 2 so now i have to get a unit to get this going
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i am going to build a MS2 since the used ones on ebay keep getting bid higher than the kit you can buy
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i might have the boat sold to a friend so i will have most of what i need to finish up thank god it is a friend buying the boat because i am giving it away at $500 the olds 455 is worth that
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your friend going to reciprocate?
I never understood "selling" valuable things to friends at scrap prices.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh well my choice not a good one but i want to get the fiero going more than i want to go out with the jet boat
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Boxster Shifter that i bought and new Cable end my cable end was missing the Teflon bushing

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i worked on the boat to sell for funds now i just gotta get my friend to come by and pay up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
boat is now sold so i will be buying i ms2 or a microsquirt not sure what 1 but it will be bought this next week
northeastfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a megasquirt 2 extra, going to run it as wasted spark on the v12 in my Fiero. There is a lot of good help and advice on the forum if you need any.

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you batch firing the injectors
PFF
System Bot
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be run using wasted spark with dual edis it will run bank a the bank b 60 degrees after. I would like to think I will have the engine running later this year, just concentrating on getting the mechanicals donefor now.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
megasquirt 2 kit ordered now just will need to do solder it together and wire it up then tune
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled the soldering gun out to put the negasquirt 2 together i feel i can do this just take my time soldering
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunshine wow maybe i can do a bit of work to the car like hooking the cooling system up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Megasquirt 2 kit came today in the mail now to put it all together i will read the manual a few times first yikes what have i done
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checked out the MegaSquirt website. Looks like you have to assemble the PCB yourself. Its a good idea to use the 25w pencil soldering iron as they suggest to assemble the PCB. A few posts up you mention a soldering gun. Too hot for PCB work. Easy to damage the components by overheating with a gun. Take your time and it should be fine.

BR's,

Mark

------------------
86 SE V6 4 speed
86 SE V6 Auto
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous
2001 Olds Silhouette (AKA The Band Van)

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the heads up i will get a 25 watt as my gun is 75 watt so it would be to hot so back to Radio Shack
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got started on the megasquirt today soldered in the 40 pin socket and both connectors 1 for the wiring harness and the other for the PC
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome I'm glad it worked well! I'm still thinking of building one using a passat trans and s4 twin turbo v6 but $$$ and I bought a 69 olds with a 455 that needs work instead of a fiero because of the back seat.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I got started on the megasquirt today soldered in the 40 pin socket and both connectors 1 for the wiring harness and the other for the PC

Doing soldering right takes time. Take the necessary time and don't shortchange your future self.
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it is best to do when you are relaxed and not in a hurry or tired so Sunday morning will be the next time i work on it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked on soldering my megasquirt together today it is coming along fine but it is slow going i am planing on doing More latter tonight and if it rains tomorrow i will do even more and maybe finish it up. I also picked up a 86 SE but that is staying stock
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by engine man:[

I also picked up a 86 SE but that is staying stock

Famous last words....

Glad to hear its coming along well
TheKingOfBattle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheKingOfBattleSend a Private Message to TheKingOfBattleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool build. My wife and I both drive v-dubs as our daily drivers, so the thought has crossed my mind to stuff some VAG engine in my Formula. Nice to see someone actually doing it.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you don't think the 86 will stay stock lol i have been thinking about the same type of swap but with a LS engine and using a Boxster 6 speed

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-10-2013).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darn it i wanted to show some pics of where i am on the MS2 but my camera is not working and i am at a point where i need the simulator to check what i have done is right

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-15-2013).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i did more soldering and i am past step 51 and put in the VR ignition circuit and i plan doing more tonight i would like to finish it up but i need to figure a few ignition things out for the COP with wasted spark like if i use 12V pull down or 5V not really sure on all of that but i will get it all figured out
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics of awesomeness...

Looks familiar.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can say that building the MS2 is fun for me because i am learning something new
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am using the stock Bosch 0 227 100 211 ignition module so it takes 5V it works by grounding and ungrounded the coils so it is nothing but a switch or should i say 4 switches in 1 module you hook the coils up in pairs to it on the in side you have 5 wires 1 is a ground and the others are the trigger wire on the out side of it are the coil neg wires
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what i am understanding i need to make this circuit on my MS2 to control the stock Bosch ignition modules
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Heh the diagram reminds me of the program I used to design circuits in my electrical principles and electronic packaging classes in college. Keep plugging away at it
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From what i am understanding i need to make this circuit on my MS2 to control the stock Bosch ignition modules

This is something you sould be asking on msextra...... I wish I could offer you some help but Im only limited to LS engines.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from what i have read this is what i need it has to be a 0-5v logic circuit and this is what makes the right signal
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yaaa All done Except the Ignition out circuit that i need to make and i hope to do that tomorrow night

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rockin' and Rollin'
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will finish up tonight with the 4 ignition out to run my module then am hoping to start wiring the car up Saturday
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yaaa All done Except the Ignition out circuit that i need to make and i hope to do that tomorrow night

Wow, should have read the thread... I was no help at all, sorry about that. But yeah, to directly control the 3500 coil pack it's the same deal, except I don't need 'Spark D'.

Originally posted by diabloroadster:
This is something you sould be asking on msextra...

Definitely! Such a great and time sucking resource...
MegaSquirt MSEXTRA / MS3EFI Forums
MegaSquirt Forums

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-31-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock