Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103366 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
April 1 i will be open and i will start working on the car i wont have much spare money but there are many things that dont need any money

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 03-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All i can say is let it snow let it snow let it snow it seems winter is never going to end and even though in about a week i will be opening the garage i will need to wait for the snow melt to get the car out but it keeps snowing
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if the snow melts soon i will drage th car over to th new shop . I am opening up on tuesday April Fools day i just hope i am not the fool but i think it will be allright but it will just take some time .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have moved the fiero over to the new shop so I can start working on it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I see V8 Archi is retiring if it weren't for guys like him I wouldn't have dreamed of doing this build thanks Archii for helping us dream
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get to it!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok finaly i am going to get back to working on this since i am closed on monday and dont have any work to catchup on so i can bring it into the shop tomorrow. my plan is to work on getting the cooling system hooked up and the clutch hooked up and work on the wiring i think i can get most of it done if not all done then all i need to finnish is axle spacers and exhaust and i dont have the money for that but i will still be able to start the engine .

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-20-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on neatning up the wiring and it is coming along good but the alternator I bought for it on eBay is not right so it didn't fit
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I have been working on neatning up the wiring and it is coming along good but the alternator I bought for it on eBay is not right so it didn't fit
ttt123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you might have mentioned it but whats the difference between this engine and a sbc in regards to length?
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Audi has 91mm (3.583") bore center vs. Chevy's 4.400... the Audi engine is VERY short
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember right a SBC is about 25 inches from front of the damper to the back of the block and the Audi is 21 inches
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the input guys.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have gone about as far as i can go with out spending more money but right now that is not a option due to the cost of opening a new shop but it is well worth it i realy like working on cars ! thought i would post a pic of my old jet boat it had a destroked 400 sbc down to 377 it had a B&M Mega Blower it made 600 + HP
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today it was slow so I worked on the car streightning out the wiring it is looking better I also hooked up the fuel lines if I knew how to post a pic from my android tablet I woul
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few new photos of the wiring and how it is going

Hmmmm where did they all go ? it looks alot better but i till need to finish the wiring up

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-11-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gona work o the car monday check out sme wiring things i would like to try starting it but i am not sure what the trigger tooth angle needs to be set at on the measquirt 2 and i need to pull the engine one last tim to check that and put a new serpintine belt tenstioner on but dont have yet . i feel that soon i will have the money to finish as the new shop comes to life things seem to keep geting better every week more and more customers are coming in so i hope to have video soon of it running
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Monday I am going to pull the engine and pull that belt damper and see if I can match it up with our buying it from Audi do to they want from $141 and up for a gas strut
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi I have worked on the car I've got the shifter and I'm still a little bit leery on spending money but my business is picking up so I would expect that I will be putting things together soon also found out that I can put Linux on my android which will allow me to run ms studio then I will be able to tune with my smart phone

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-07-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't dare to spend to much money right now so I have been working on the axles it seems the axle from a 2000 Passat right front is the right length for the left side so for the right side I will cut and sleeve and weld a axle for the right side and I am going to order a new clutch slave so got to go and order that up
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on seeing how long an axle I needed for the right side by cutting an old axle in half then taking some angle iron to lengthen it and it ended up as a 24 1/2 axle compressed so a stock 2000 Passat right front axle should work . I heard from the owner of the building Wally that he had some one from Grafton tell him about me building this car he thought his name was Ryan so if you come by Ryan I would love to see your Fiero and show you what is going on with mine and maybe you can give me some ideas . if the clutch slave came in today then I will put that on unless I get some customers tomorrow
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the clutch hooked up and working and freed up the belt tensioner so that is working and found the right belt length I just need a good alternator . I have some good news and that is the State is finally coming to test me so I can get my inspection license so I can inspect cars and trucks this is a big deal as it isn't just the money from the inspection but if the car or truck needs repair they usually have you do it this alone should more than double my work
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck!

Pics!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news I passed the inspection test and I just need to update the headlight aimer and get Mitchell pro or prove I can access all the technical data I need for inspections .
Thanks Will
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a friend trying to put Ubuntu on my tablet for me then I will put wine on it so I can run any windows program this is going to be nice for doing many thing even tuning the engine I also use it for some live diagnostics on cars with the torque pro program
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a cool build. I often read the new posts. Just letting you know updates are awesome.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to get the alternator and MS tuner studio pro so I can get the crank trigger in sync then I could at least start it even though I don't have it all done. I will try to get some pics of what I have done and post them tomorrow is a day off sort of so i will bring the camera to the shop and snap a few pics
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haven't worked on the car due to not having the money for it but i have taken an old project out and worked on it it is the turbohydromtic 425 with a flipped thm325 differential i have pulled the thm 425 apart and put in a new output shaft that fit the 325 diff and found a few hang ups but i see how to fix them and within the next year i should be able to have a strong automatic transmission that puts the weight in front of the rear axle and can take big V8 power
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thought i would post a few new pics showing the new boxster shifter and axle angle i am planing on working on what ever i can tomorrow that cost nothing and 1 pic of the thm 425 with the new output shaft that needs a few mods

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a few more pics from under the car as i did a few things today

this wheel is made by axis they a og san and are 17 x 8 and i wish i had some

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-24-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered i Alternator for this things are coming along slow but i am moving ahead just not as fast as i would like but at least i am making progress i need to get MS Tunnerstudieo working with Linux Mint then i need to upgrade to pro . i still need a 88 oil pressure switch and i need to make the knock sensor circuit and build an exhaust plus a right hand axle and braces on the engine cradle
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I have a good alternator now but I have had to much going on so far this week to work on it but that is a good thing since it means the shop is starting to get going and the key was getting the state inspection station license this next Monday I am planning on working on it .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on the car today and i just need the Exhaust , O2 sensor , throttle cable , coolant temp gauge sender , Knock sensor .right axle , speedometer & Brakes . My Friend showed me how to use Tuner stodio on Linux Mint
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found that 66 degrees is the #1 tooth angle for the trigger wheel i am trying to confirm this for a stock 1997 Audi 4.2 V8
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just ordered some of what i need to hook a knock sensor up and a heated o2
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I have found that 66 degrees is the #1 tooth angle for the trigger wheel i am trying to confirm this for a stock 1997 Audi 4.2 V8

That sounds like good info to have.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes Will it is good info to know so i am going to double check by counting the teeth backward from tdc to tooth #1 it is a 60 tooth wheel minus 2 teeth so each tooth is 6 degrees so it should be 11 teeth back to the missing teeth
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cross your fingers i going to count the teeth from TDC back to the 2 missing teeth then i am going to test fire the engine without the O2 and knock sensor I will post video of it running if it runs

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-17-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have loved this build from the beginning......Such a fantastic engineered job.Should be moved to the "Construction Zone".
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock