Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 50)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103495 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2019 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no she is going to be red with red metal flake sprayed over that then gloss clear on top of it all
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2019 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
ok today pulled the body off and i still need just a few small things to do then spay it with the primer it is not perfect but i want to get it back together as i need to move on to other projects like my house

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well no red paint tomorrow as there is much more sanding and smoothing to do after spraying it with primer but i will get it done before the summer is over

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok today i went back over and did a bit of block sanding on the tops of the rear quarter panels and i used some guide coat then i broke the top off the can drooped it on the ground but any way after sanding it is flat just gotta get some more guide coat

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-19-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i have decided i am going to drape a plastic sheet over the chassis then put the body back on minus door skins hood and trunk and do the rest of the bodywork and paint because i think that will work better for me because the body is moving around when i try to sand and it will be easier to do this instead of putting the body on and sand it then take it off to paint it and all i have to do in the end is pull the plastic sheet off and bolt the body on

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-19-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today on my spare time i got the deck lid block sanded now it is nice and flat now to get the rest of it that nice
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2019 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the weather has been cool and rain and is not looking good until monday maybe i will be able to paint if warm enough monday
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2019 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
every time i work on the body i seem to find more that i need to repair or make look right thank god it is only small stuff now so i am gaining we will see what it looks like tomorrow after sanding if i think it looks like i can spray the last coats of primer i will then monday i will wet sand with 600 grit and maybe spray it with color
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2019 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i went back over to the shop and spent 2 hours on the car it just amazes me how i can sand it and find little nicks and divots i have to fill so i will be back at it tomorrow and get it closer as i know someday i will get to really paint it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2019 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i went over today and i lust have a few spots of spot putty to sand then i will put more primer on so it is all the same color wetsand it all then lay paint on it it is looking straight and flat now i need to do a good job laying the paint on
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2019 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

i went back over to the shop and spent 2 hours on the car it just amazes me how i can sand it and find little nicks and divots i have to fill so i will be back at it tomorrow and get it closer as i know someday i will get to really paint it

This is why I hate body work. It's "lather, rinse, repeat" ... but like a thousand times over. Each time you go through, you say to yourself, "Okay, it's nice and smooth and done and I can go on to the next step" ... and you run your hand over it, and you find just one more little fiddly bit ... and then another...

I suspect this is why we see so many project cars for sale where the mechanicals are mostly done, but the body isn'y even close. Kudos to you for sticking through it!

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 05-27-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2019 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dremu I agree 100 percent
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2019 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it was 48 degrees out today so no putting primer on one last time so it will be a uniform color to spray the red base on
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2019 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok it is all back in primer but i have found a few small things i need to fix like one door skin in a 90 degree corner and the driver side front fender has a small lump that needs sanding and a few pin holes and i am not sure i like the roof as it has a dip from where i joined it back together it seems no matter what i think it is never done and i can find something

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2019 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow glad i got this back in primer yesterday as it cooled down and would be too cold to spray again and the weather is not looking good for the next few days but should be good for the weekend
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2019 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking real good in one color.

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2019 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it is looking good now i need to wet sand it i think that will be saturday then i hope for color on it sunday
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2019 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wet sanded the hood today looking good
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2019 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking awesome!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2019 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it is looking good but i am totally burned out and hope i feel like working on it this weekend then it may go on the back burner for awhile as i need to get to work o my house so i can sell it so i can move back to FL as i really am sick of 3 months of maybe good weather
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2019 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i made myself work on it and i am just about done sanding just the roof is giving me a bit of trouble but i think i have it i just need to let it all dry good then i can finish off the roof and sand the lower rear bumper and a few places on the front bumper
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2019 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went back for a hour to finish sanding and i have picked it over enough so i will shoot some paint on tomorrow
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2019 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok today i painted it and i can see some things but oh well it is painted now and i have found out the value of a good spray gun as the Devilbiss copy i bought on ebay sprayed great compared to the other guns i have and use the spray pattern is even and unified

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2019 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well sanded a spot with some 1500 grit to get rid of the small overspray and orange peel then buffed it shines nice but i think i need 1 to 2 more coats of clear so i am going to wet sand it all then clear again then wet sand and buff for a liquid like shine

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-10-2019).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2019 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, man. I wish I could conjure up your motivation.

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2019 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks RCR motivated or just obsessed not sure which one it is lol
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2019 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn that looks good! Its totally an obsession! I knew id burn out on mine after I kept finding millions of tiny little defects to fix on the body, and I went on to other stuff. Take a break and get your other stuff done, cars pretty much done man!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2019 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup shemdogg i am obsessed as i woke up at 3:30 am and was thinking about the car and how i have the spray gun adjusted and just can't stand it and will drive me crazy until i get it right
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2019 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have the trunk lid ,hood & door skins all sanded i did sand through a few edges so i need to do some painting on them but no big deal and i picked up some work lights on a tripod as i was having a hard time seeing how wet i was laing the clear on or should i say how dry
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok today i cleared the trunk lid , hood & door skins and am learning the spray gun and have it adjusted better but i need to move faster or slow the flow down as i did get a run in the door skin but i did get a great shine so now i must sand the rest of the car and spray more clear

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-13-2019).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see color going on...

Joe
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is Joe and i should start putting it back together this week i need to order some plexi for the windows as plexi is harder than lexan but is brittle but it is stronger than glass
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just was working on a car in the other bay and a rear brake hold down spring clip let go and you know what happen next that right it hit the fiero chipping the paint dam it the only good thing i can say i had not put the final clear coat on but i do ave to repair it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-17-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2019 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well that little chip turned into a big pain in the ass as every time i tried painting that spot it would wrinkle up but after messing with it all week and some today i did get it to not wrinkle now i can clear the rest of the car
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paint and body done ! as i cleared it today and it looks great but i wish i had a paint booth to spray it in as i can see some dust in the clear oh well it is the best i can do with the shop the way it is
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
it looks like i need a drivers door handle linkage rod i not sure where it went but i will have to look around more
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just dropped the hood on to take a look on how cool it looks

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2019 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i changed the mufflers to dynomax super turbo mufflers to make it a bit quieter as it was to loud before and was annoying when driving for longer distances so i toned it down some .
https://www.youtube.com/wat...qusMTFQFS6SfF13sFvwM
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How it looked last year non choptop bad fitting tail light , bad looking fastback in my opinion and crappy hung door skins

now with the chop top better fitting tail lights , fiero gt fastback , better fitting trunk lid and better hung door skins

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That there is looking damn good sir, im jealous! Cant wait to see it w all the panels and sitting on the ground. And the burnout video too!

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock