Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103497 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This might be helpful for the chrome rap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PVBsWxmWY84

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 12-02-2016).]

IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first i need to get the body 100 percent ready then i will need a helping hand with the wrap i have had a few offer to help but i just am not ready yet but i keep pecking away at it and it is getting done slow and steady and thank you for the video
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a chrome wrap as well but I have been told the adhesive has a shelf live of 6 months. Not sure how mine has held up the first time I tried to apply I could not get it back off the car without heat, I haven't checked it for 2 years ,my body work and engine swap and on and on has been slooooow.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya some times it is slow going
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i received the blower pulley back from carbinite and they did a good job at carbon coating to give it a rougher surface to grip the belt and it sure did work but now i think i have slippage on the crank pulley i might have the local machine shop make me a aluminum crank pulley and then send it out and have the same coating done to it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2016 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow today i was trying to use tunerstudio for my car but could not remember how to use it in Linux terminal but i just remembered how to do it the command is sudo Tunerstudio,sh then hit enter then type in my password and hit enter
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have found that the crank pulley is where the belt is slipping so now i must send that in to have it treated so it gets a better grip i will tell them to treat for maximum grip . it is kinda funny when you see a higher boost from the larger pulley due to it is not slipping as bad
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now i am going to work on getting more belt wrap on the crank pulley and have a good idea on how to get much more wrap
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2016 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i had a few minutes so i started making a new belt adjuster and it just needs the adjusting slot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New belt tensioner pulley bracket the pulley has 2 places to bolt to for small pulley and the large 3 inch pulley . as you can see i didn't have a mill to make the adjustment slot so i dilled multiple holes then i cut and filed now i have great belt wrap and belt tension . funny thing that happened when running the car t sounded great but t dropped a few cylinders so now think hurt the engine so i start checking it out and it is popping so i keep checking thing and it ends up a ignition module that has gone bad so it was down 2 cylinders as it is a wasted spark system

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2016 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well with just getting better belt wrap i have gone from 3 psi of boost with a bad slipping belt to right around 10 psi and i think the belt is slipping just a little and i have found i needed to take some coil dwell time out so the ignition module wont over heat as it does in the video and drops a few cylinders at the end www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiexq2LdiFM after watching the video i see 11 pounds of boost and i think there is 2 to 3 pounds more boost once i get rid of the rest of the belt slip

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-22-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas have a great day today with your family and friends
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i got rid of the strakes in the doors and nothing is scheduled so i will try to finish up the body work that i hate
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just wondering how much you would ask for this car all done . I am not selling it but just was wondering what every one thinks
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Mr Miyagi said body filler on body filler off as the never ending body work go's on
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well have been dong research on the finishing of the body work with high build polyester primer and spray some guide coat then block sand to make it nice and straight then lay down some more primer wet sand then paint or wrap so lots more work ahead to make it right
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the car's body work is finale getting to where i think i can see the light at the end of the tunnel as i am at minor body work and sanding
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm exhilarated that this project is still going strong! I for one can not wait to see this bad Larry done
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks i know i could put it on the street but i want it to look decent as know a nice paint job s not going to make it faster more street-able and the same for the interior but i would like to have something that folks aren't laughing at me about as i am not a body man or interior person but i can't afford to have some one do it for me as i would have a professional do paint and body so i hope this thread helps all those who are in the same boat as me
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yaaa the body filler work is done now i need to just sand the whole car with 220 then since i am trying to do a really nice paint job i am going to spray high build polyester primer then block sand with guide coat to get it as flat as i can then use regular primer sand and put down color . I must really get the floor swept up and all the dust off the car and i will wet the floor to keep the dust down when i spray the color and the clear
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
OK just want every one to know what i am thinking since i have red paint i am going to paint the car and clear coat it if i don't like it i will wrap it but if I do like the way the paint job comes out i will give some one the vinyl

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-02-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the end of the day i sprayed cheap spray bomb primer on the door and sail panel to see how it looks and it is looking good

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well just need to wipe it down tape the front and spray the primer but need to do it after work so no one in the building gets the fumes so it will sit and wait for Saturday

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK today i just found the primer i wanted it is Evercoat 708 Slick Sand Polyester Primer i have heard it is like sprayable bondo any one use this stuff is it really as good as they claim . After I spray it Saturday i will give you my opinion on it
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait dude going to look SO sick! this project has made me keep my eyes open for a nice wrecked 1.8T manual passat so I can steal all the parts at once or even a 2.8 manual for the trans to mate to a 2.7TT motor going to be great when its done man!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think your 2.7 TT is going to be a great combo they have a whole bunch of power when setup and are a sick engine i hope to see a build thread on it soon and thank you for your comments
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2017 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
thought would put the before primer pictures up then tomorrow i will post the pictures of it all primed

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2017 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i know now 2 quarts of the slick sand will not prime the whole car and the hood scoop came out like crap lost the body line in the hood so i think i am going to get another hood or maybe f i work it a bunch more and get the hood looking right tomorrow i will do some sanding and prime the parts that dint get primed and re-prime the parts i sand but tomorrow i will be using primer surfacer
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2017 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
tomorrow i will block out the front fenders,doors and rear body then wipe it down and prime those parts plus the deck lid and front bumper cover then monday i will work on the hood to see f i can make it right
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted more pictures of the car after using slick sand i do like the product but need to learn how to spray it better but it sands nice and i have decided to blend away the hood body lines and you will need 3 quarts to prime all the car as you can see i ran out and the trunk and front bumper cover did not get primed

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-15-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i am learning how much work is in a good paint job trying to get things nice and flat for paint
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I have decided after working on the hood some to just get another hood as the vent / scoop s to wide at the rear and after looking and thinking about it it would look even stranger if i remove those body lines i think
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2017 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No wonder a show car paint job cost so much you sand and sand and sand to get it as flat as glass before you even put the final primer down and i sure am giving a car that really doesn't deserve this much attention but i just must have it as best as i can do
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2017 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People that have never prepped for paint are always the ones complaining about the cost... Keep up the good work.

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2017 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks motoracer838 i think it will have the last coat of primer on it saturday then i can wet sand and put the Blaze red to it but this is the way it sits right now after doing some block sanding and i have worked the hood so i have the body lines back
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
front fenders hood and main body block sanded and now on to spot putty i have found a few little nicks that need attention
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today and tomorrow i will go over it make sure it is ready for a final priming then i will prime it on saturday and start wet sanding on sunday then i will retape and paint the next weekend i will wet the floors to keep the dust down as i wish i had a paint booth but you do with what you have to work with or pay to have it done and right now i don't have the pay option
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well the car has come a long way from what i started with as i do some sanding i find small things every time i look so get the spot putty out and fix it and now i am finally feeling good about the body work not that i am great at it but that i finished it and gave it my best and i feel it looks good
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i had someone who said they would paint the car for me we would just swap work and at first i thought great then i got thinking maybe he wont do a good job as i have never seen his work and i don't want to waste my hard work for someone to do no better than can do or worse and there is the pride thing where i can say i did it all
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2017 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't gamble on an unknown, you've done the hard part, pick up the gun and shoot... Can't wait to see it in color...

Joe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock