Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103467 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

yes my camera sucks on my phone

It's a shame... as your thread is one of the more interesting ones at PFF, but your images are so pixelated and blurry.

We're allowed to post images here with file sizes as large as 300 KB. Some of your image file sizes are as low as 41 KB.

Are you shooting those images at the highest resolution that your phone allows? If so, are you re-compressing them to death before you upload and post them?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-19-2015).]

IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its a cheap straight talk phone
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes the engines with the chain drive will bolt up from what i am told and they are shorter in length and put out more power they also have a 8 bolt crank flange so finding a manual transmission fly wheel is not a problem . yes my camera sucks on my phone

Thanks, I think I've found one here in Denver with low miles at a good price, I can see a set of 180 degree headers feeding twin turbos, should sound just evil...

Cheers Beers n Gearz, Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes twin turbos will have a great sound i know that i have had many tell me how great the engine sounds and most of them are hotrod guys
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tensioner really should be on the slack side of the belt. The belt tension while trying to pull the supercharger under full boost will pull the tensioner back and cause the belt to slip or be thrown.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks fieroguru i will have to figure something out

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-20-2015).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i have solved the problem for the pulley and tensioner but i need to build some parts i will build the parts tomorrow and post pictures
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
simple idler pulley bracket finished i need to get the AC pump so the belt runs right and it would be nice to have AC. belt adjustment will be manually done i have bought 2 5/16 heim joints one right hand thread the other left hand thread but they dint have any aluminum hexagon rod to make the adjuster

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i degreased the engine the best i could i use oven cleaner let it sit for about a hour then pressure wash it off nice and clean and tomorrow i am going to replace the timing belt and i think i am going to stack the head gasket so it lowers the compression
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i started pulling the timing belt but i decided to order a new water pump online it is much cheaper online like 1/3 the cost of auto zone
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to not stack the head gaskets after talking to a member over at motorgeek he has supercharged his 4.2 engine and runs 10 pounds of boost through a intercooler and said he sees about 8 pounds at the manifold and has not had any detonation problems he said he is making just over 400 horsepower so i figure with the use of the water / methanol injection i should be fine with the 15 pounds of boost and should be making 550 plus HP just enough to have fun
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is he running 10 pounds on bone stock, never opened internals? If so, good news. You've got me really liking this swap. Keep plugging away.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes totally stock parts he told me
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i took all the plugs out of the engine i bought a few week back and did a leak down test and its not good so i pull the head on 1 side and there it is water in one of the cylinders and rusty mud on the top of the piston in another so i dry them out and clean them up then i turn the crank bringing the piston to bottom dead center and there it is pitted cylinder at least a 1/16 inch deep so i call the bone yard i bought it from and send them a picture and thank god they are good they are sending me another engine i bet they check this one out better before they send it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-04-2015).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i took all the plugs out of the engine i bought a few week back and did a leak down test and its not good so i pull the head on 1 side and there it is water in one of the cylinders and rusty mud on the top of the piston in another so i dry them out and clean them up then i turn the crank bringing the piston to bottom dead center and there it is pitted cylinder at least a 1/16 inch deep so i call the bone yard i bought it from and send them a picture and thank god they are good they are sending me another engine i bet they check this one out better before they send it

What a fracking pain in the azz, your not having the best of luck with the 4.2, hope the replacement is good.

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya you let water sit in any engines cylinders for to long it's not gonna be good
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the new engine came in and looks much better no water in the cylinders or in the intake runners like the last engine
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just ordered Injector bungs so i can use the more common 14 mm injectors and i ordered up some injectors i plane on having the engine all in and running by the end of January but i don't think i will have the water / methanol injection on so i wont be running it to much and i wont bring it into boost

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-18-2015).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i put the new timing belt on with a new water pump so that is all set to go now and this next week i don't think there will be much going on in the shop so i should be able to get the engine all ready to go in . I sure have been having fun with this build
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is the belt drive i just need to space the 2 idler pulleys out to line up

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2015 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is the engine all painted and the only things needed is injectors and they should be in next week

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-24-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2015 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas every one
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas.

1. That is a *LONG* belt

2. That idler bracket may not be stiff enough to maintain enough belt tension to drive the blower. Keep an eye on that if you find yourself fighting belt slip or not making as much boost as you should be.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks will the belt is 136 long 31 inches longer than stock and i agree the idler bracket is not as strong as i would like so i am going to try to build one out of some 1/2 inch thick aluminum
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i started to build a new idler pulley bracket and it is just as ugly as the other one i built out of steel but i will shape it and sand it to make it look better and i am going to need some one to weld the aluminum

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-26-2015).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new idler pulley bracket i need to get it welded but it will be much stronger

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new idler pulley bracket finished and installed it is much stronger zero deflection

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your new engine looks awesome .You are going to have enough torque to pull out tree stumps .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks wftb, i think i need to upgrade my transmission but i am gonna try this one but i don't think it will last because of what i am told from transmission guys

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-05-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am going to go look at a 88 notchie non T top chassis and get rid of the T top gt chassis due to i feel the T top flex's with high power
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd trade you my roof section for yours so you don't have to get rid of the fastback you already have... Haha
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can put a rollcage in and that would stiffen it up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2016 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i bought the 88 notchback chassis from onesexyfiero so once i take what i need off the 88 GT T Top i will sell it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have been doing allot of looking at notchback parts and i cant wait but i will just start with going with the stock look other than my engine swap but i do want embrace racing tail lights and head lights

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok the new chassis is in the shop i need to get it cleaned and painted so the work begins
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2016 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well tomorrow i will work on getting the chassis cleaned up and modified for the engine
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2016 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
front of car after being painted with por-15

onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see that poor 88 getting new life. Already looking better than it did sitting in my father's field.

http://postimg.org/image/gq54ae6o1/

Do me a favor and post info to the 88 database thread.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it is i need to take the rear clip off so i can paint the back
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2016 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know my sister must have dropped me on my head and that is why i do the thing i do but i like it
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock