Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 45)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103493 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2018 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today during work i was not doing to much it was slow so i wired up the water / methanol and now my megasquirt 3x runs it i did run a check and it all works the only thing i don;t know right now is if the solenoid is a fast acting or slow acting but i have asked who i bought it from but have not heard back yet

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-15-2018).]

IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test run 2 getting tire slip
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y5zsf-IfSk][/url]

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-16-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

Rickady88GT you are not talking pain after a few year that is abuse to not work on your project car

LOL, and I want to build a shop. That will take a while
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes a shop is always nice to have

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i hit 16.9 pounds of boost @ 6650 rpm with a blower speed of 15,516 rpm it is in the range eaton wants the blower speed and i saw a high of 160 F for intake temp not sure if that is bad or good
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Test run 2 getting tire slip

What's happening in 3rd gear? A miss?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no just data loging and din't need any more info so just let off for third gear .
ok have found some info on intake air temp wit roots style supercharger and it said 13 to 14 degrees of heat rise fro evey pound of boost so 13 x 16.9= 219.7 degrees addwd to the ambiant air temp so if you start with 60 degree air then add 219.7 it is 279.7 degrees so i now know my water / methonal kit is working due to the temp out side was 50 and 219.7 i should have seen 269.7 but with the water / methanol injection i saw a 160 degree temp so that is 109 degrees lower that is good news

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2018 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you hear detonation on every gear change when first laying into the accelerator? It sounds like it through all this computer stuffs.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no i dont hear any and i pulled the plugs just to look at them old school way and they look good no signs of it at all

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine man u da man man! Read thru the whole thread again. Good stuff!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sourmash after putting some ear buds in i did hear that rattle you said you heard it is not for a long period of time but i ended up adding more water methanol eariler and at a lower boost

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-17-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2018 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was me, and ear buds is how I heard it. Glad it was useful info because it would seriously suck to have a simple issue cause a problem. You don't hear it o the 4th gear shift where you lay off the pedal.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry about that sourmash so i just made the corection and that is how heard it is with the ear buds infact i went to the video before that and listend and dint hear it but i did change the way i am running the water methanol injection so like i said i started it at a lower boost and rpm

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-17-2018).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2018 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No worries. It's a fantastic project.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i had a few minuts to look at my megasquirt 3x to see why i am not getting any knock sensor data and it was when i soldered in the knock module i din't get a good conection on all the pins so i soldered them again and now i am getting readings from my 2 sensors
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2018 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think one last run this weekend then i wll put here up for the winter and now that i have the knock sensors working i will be able to work on getting the most timing i can with out knock
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool to see your getting it sorted...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup it feels good to be making some progress
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2018 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No last run today i woke up and it was raining out and it just cleard up but it looks like not for long so she is up for here winter sleep unless we have a realy nice day and i feel like going for a drive

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-20-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2018 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kinda funny now after when this car was first conceived years ago when we where talking about a longitudinal V8 Fiero and i thought i could do it and there where those who said i could never do it without streching it or i just would not do it at all i can now say you doubter now need to go eat Crow LOL . I thought i would also add thanks to all of you who stood by me and gave me good ideas and even a kick in the back side when needed .

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-21-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2018 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well when i start feeling like it i will start working on the body and interior as the body got beat up a bit and i want to make a few changes and i need to get a interor in it for next summer it just isn't that much fun to me infact i don't find it fun at all where i do find it fun to do the engine swap and all the mechanical work .
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2018 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i do have to say after looking at my car i think i still like the look of a fiero gt body better but since my wheel and tire combo i dont think will work with the stock body and i like Archie's wide body kit and would love to do that and maybe i will if i make enough money as the shop should pick up with tire changes .
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2018 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a guy on the facebook group that did a flared-fendered formula fastback. Kinda like an old school rolled fender. Subtle, but nice, and enough to let you run some wide tires. Might check that out.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2018 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks i will try to find it and check it out
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2018 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I found these on ebay and it is what i would use and like

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2018 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have decided to do somthing even a bit different i am going to graft in a GT fast back into the Testarossa rear body as i have one that is cut up some but i have that part intact and i think it will look good so hang on for some body mods it will be a good winter project for me and i think it will make it look better more fiero like
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2018 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
it will end up looking something like this but i will use 1/4 window scoops and i think the body i have goes back a bit more and i will use keep my fiero nose
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i pulled the fastback that i had cut part of the skins off and it is perfect for what i want i will be ripping into it this next weekend i even found on Ebay quarter window scoops with the window in them that are brand new

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-29-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guy's & gals i am at a undecided delema i am not sure if i should keep the body on the car but with a fiero fastback as shown in the post above or go back to the fiero GT body but use those new school fender flares i posted any thoughts i think my fit and finish will look much better with the gt body

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-02-2018).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2018 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That photo of the red car last posted looks quite unappealing. The rear doesn't fit the front.It would need a stretch to look properly proportioned.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 11-02-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is why i stuck with my fiero style front and i would just make it so it can take GT quarter windows like that one does
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i am thinking chopping the top would smarten the whole look up
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2018 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm revisiting my initial assessment, maybe it's the tires and wheel well gap that makes it look more odd?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would like to see it chop top but i have no idea how to do that in photo shop and i dont even have photo shop
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i would like to see it chop top...

How tall are you? A choptop Fiero for a tall person sucks. I'm 6'3", and choptops are entirely out of the question.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am 5.9 not to tall so i should be fine just need to watch my head getting in the car but i do think it would make the car look better i want some one to photo chop this photo so i can get a idea of what it would look like
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know this is all very subjective, but in my opinion your car looks great from the front of the doors to the back of the car, including the current custom rear roof line. I feel that installing the GT fastback (chopped or not) would be a mistake... but yes, I realize it's not my car.

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok maybe just some fastback scoops and work on the fitment issues but i still wanrt to see that one chop top just to see how it looks

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-02-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2018 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i will pay one of you $25 to photo shop a chop top of these 2 pictures

onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email me a couple of high resolution pictures of your car front and back angles. Id be happy to do some photoshopping for you, free of charge of course.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock