Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103366 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2016 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something like this?
IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2016 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is really close but what i have is a little darker and reddish it actually is a Honda CR-V color as i found out after i have been working on the hood repairing a mistake i made on the extractor

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh boy that was close i was getting ready to send stuff out for paint when i saw this i bought the doors and rear section i will use my front fenders and front nose & hood

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
one of things i am thinking is grafting in the GT fastback roof as the fast back part looks really flat and i still have a GT fastback roof i cut with that fast back section
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
ok these are the parts i am going to mix together

this nose

with these head lights

and my hood from above i am not sure if i will put the rear spoiler on i will have to take a look to see if i like it and i am not trying to make anything that but what looks good to me i know some will be appealed by this and some might like it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-25-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahh darn waiting to pick up the body he said it would be 2 weeks but it will be more like 3 due to i wont be able to pick up until the weekend so i have about 2 more weeks to wait
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking and looking at interiors due to i do not have one and would be the perfect time to do something nice so i am asking what non stock interior have you put in how long did it take you and how much did it cost you
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a WIP, but currently I have a '01 GA dash, with '16 ATS seats. That's about it, really. I had a custom door panel, but I'm going to redo it eventually.

Really, if you want something timeless and custom, check out Amida's newest dash or his 355 stuff. Amazing attention to detail. Hook that up with Mr Mike's covers and new carpet. Good to go.

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RCR Amida stuff is supper nice but i just can't afford it but i wish i could i need to stick with like a Camaro interior
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the Miata dash looks nice. Nice clean design and you can cover it in leather something if you want it to look a little fancier. //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...160323-2-108830.html
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Miata looks good as do a lot of dash swaps
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i go and pick up the body parts tomorrow and i am hoping to get paint on it all by the end of the month
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i went and picked up the Testarossa rear body and doors and i can tell you i have allot of work to do as it was not a great kit from the start but it was installed like crap
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i messed with the rear body and hung the doors and put the front end i am going to use and i think it is going to look good and it gives me a wide body for just $300 . i have 245 on the rear but i need to go allot wider it is looking like about 13 inch wide tire and the right wheels and i am playing with the idea of a rear wing but if i use a fiero wing i will need to widen it out so i will need another wing to cut a section out and grafted into the other wing

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-07-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did a bit of reshaping the fastback i cut the hight and that changed the angle of it and i will use the stock 1/4 window sail panel or what ever you want to call it i am thinking of reshaping the top of the rear fender to the way i laid out the tape

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok this is the way the car looks today i hope to get more done this weekend
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tomorrow i will try to get the body prepped and bonded on
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put some color on rear quarter to see if i liked it and i think it's gonna look good
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2016 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have come to the conclusion that i need to pay someone to do the paint and finish body work i can get the rear section bonded on and i can even get the body work close or maybe even right but i don't have the talent or facility's to paint the car so i am saving up to have this painted and i will try to get the body work as best as i can
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2016 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i am cutting the rear bumper off the kit due to it is installed wrong it is higher on one end from the other and is twisted the rear passenger side so the top is running at a angle instead of level like the driver side
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i ended up cutting along this bumper seem and by doing so it re leaved it so the top of the fender is now level like on the other side now i just need to take it all off and mark things and sand off the paint from the fiero body then bond it into place with the 3M adhesive
PFF
System Bot
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2016 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda looking like two different things front to back right now, IMHO. The kit is all sharp angles and striped horizontal lines. The nose and hood are all soft, rounded kidney shapes. I think it would help to fill in the beltline molding in the front fenders, and carry the crease of the rear and doors to the front. Its a single line, and slopes downward more than the beltline. Maybe some of the front bumper could be sharpened up and/or have some of the ribs added? Looks like you need the aero trim on the bottom of the front fender too.

As for paint, I'd say get it halfway decent, throw some primer on it, and run it for a while. That's what I did with my Fiero. I'm still changing my mind about customizations.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2016 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i need areo trim on the bottom of the front fenders and i think i should go with smooth on the front part of the fenders and carry the upper front door line into the rear of the front fender at belt line just like you suggest
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok today I finally got the body bonded on now the body work starts
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is blending in better than i thought it would but it looks like they got the deck lid part on a bit crooked as i have measured from the rear window and one side is 49 to the rear edge and the other is about 49 1/2

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is looking good as you ca see the curve from the roof line to the fastback looks right to me but still needs some work

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2016 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not feel like body work so i made my belt wrap system for the blower today

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2016 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok today i had some spare time so i made a belt tensioner i started with just raw aluminum plate cut it with a skill saw used a drill press, jig saw & compass

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes ya just need a break from bondo...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes you do and today i am being forced to take a brake as i think i have a pinched nerve in my neck and am having pain from my neck and in my back going into my hand and fingers
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

yes you do and today i am being forced to take a brake as i think i have a pinched nerve in my neck and am having pain from my neck and in my back going into my hand and fingers

That describes my whole week. I had to stay away from the garage and sit on the couch all week. Sometimes a little break isn't a bad thing though...
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow feeling better today 90% of the pain gone my brother John told me to roll a bath towel up and put behind my neck and sleep on my back and it worked
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i started the engine with all the new pulley parts and i have an alignment problem as the belt is jumping over the edge it looks like i need to space out one guided idler pulley

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-29-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there the guided pulley repaired the problem of the belt wanting to walk off the supercharger pulley now it revs's nice and fast and i don't think i am getting belt slip with the new belt wrap system i made
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark !!! your doing a GREAT job up there. Body kit and all. Some drastic changes from the last time I saw it. Im gonna have to make a point to come up and see ya some time. Hopefully we'll have both our cars up for next year. Here is a pic of the t top car in the yard ......

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
P.S. ....why is this NOT in the Construction Zone ?????? I thing by now you've covered all bases.

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Bozzie i see you are doing great on your car and my old car is waiting in the wings and i hope we can go for a cruise together in our cars

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-02-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i did a check on how my body work looks and i am done blending on the rear roof pillars out sides as i used black paint to show any high or low spots and it looks good now to make it be the best it can be when i get the rest of the body work done i will use high build primer surfacer then block sand it all depending on how perfect you want it is how many times you you prime it and sand it some do it once and some do multiple prime and block sanding

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-05-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have been busy so i haven't worked on the car but i am planing on working on it tomorrow and re-hanging the rear bumper . I seem to find things i just don't like the way who ever put this kit together as it is a cheap kit body but the folks who put it on a Fiero the first time just did a bad job i will take some pictures of the trunk lid to show what i am talking about
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thought i would just say i am still plugging along on the body work and taking my time as the season is over so i have no need to hurry as i am sure it will be ready by next spring and i have some house projects i need to get done but like i said i thought i would check in and let every one know thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock