Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103493 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ltlfrari you have done better than me remember i have started a number of builds to not have got to the finish line and that is why i have many skeptics and it is rightfully so they are skeptics but i just refuse to sell this one no matter what and things are not perfect on fit when you are going at a rushed pace

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-21-2017).]

IP: Logged
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOLY COW !!! MARK !!!! Damn man, you've been AT IT ! WOW..... looks real good buddy. amazing job and jack of all and now PAINT ! Im SO jealous ! I gotta get up there and check this thing out........ NICE ......your a inspiration to many...including ME. Keep it up.

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boz it just takes nice pictures lol thanks i am proud of it but it has some fit issues as it was a old fiberglass kit that was not made well and warped some over the years and my painting skill is not that good it is my wet sanding and buffing skill and even that is not the best but it looks pretty sharp all in all and i need to come down and see your projects as it looks like you have been working hard on many different things
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels look pretty good. You are right though that the front is high and again, about a half inch out. Workable though. Will you be able to lower the front more?

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i can lower it i will take and heat the front springs with a torch and lower it another inch then it wont look so goofy due to the front is higher than the back right now

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-22-2017).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you lower the front it should pull the tops of the front wheels in some.

Don't use a torch to fail the springs to lower them. Just cut a coil out of them with a chop saw or cut off disc.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how this is turning out. Looks good.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: The other summer car
03 BMW X5: bad weather car

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to really take shape. I will second to just cut the front spring to lower the front down. Using heat reduces the strength of the coil.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might just go with coil overs as if i am removing the spring to cut it i would like air bags
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys i am in need of some help i need pictures of all the dash brackets to hold the dash bottom as it seems they have been removed and looks like i need them
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i now have a windshield and the dash i know there are some screws up top in the speaker openings but at the bottom i don't see anything to really hold it . i ordered race seat belts side view mirrors and some led side marker lights so i think i might have it out on the street next week
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well it now has a windshield and it helped allot on the looks

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it has been a long journey as i started with the top picture and have ended up with the bottom and bought a kit car body off the middle

Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the front end, and the modified middle/rear looks a lot better than it did coming off the donor. Nice work!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to get a better dash as i have contacted the person who has sold me many great parts to see if he has a good dash but if he doesn't then i will buy the fiero store dash cover so any one that has used the fiero store dash cover what is the proses to put it on i will search for videos on it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-30-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LED side marker lights with painted covers to match the car color
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are sure doing some nice work!

I have seen that body kit before, I never understood why they made that front bumper sooo long? That old front bumper would have been kinda cool looking if it was 1/4 the length it was. Good call going with your own custom Fiero style bumper.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree 100 percent DeLorean00 the kit front bumper looked like a ducks bill to me as it was way to long i could have shortened it up but i like the front end i chose
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put in one of the rear LED lights and feel it is to far back using the hole that was there so i will move it forward as much as i can toward center of the wheel opening and the bumper

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!

I sure love those wheels. It is making me want to get a set for my 1986 GT, but I have brand new wheels and tires on it already. Maybe it's time for me to build a new Fiero?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked on the dash and got it painted and i will install it tomorrow as i like the paint to dry for a day
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today i am kinda feeling burned out on the Fiero car project i need to stay away for a day or two to get my mind back working but i did order 2 gauges a speedometer and a tachometer both are digital and i have seen that some have used these in the stock cluster

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-08-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i feel i messed up putting the front marker lights in i put them where the original lights where but with the body kit and the marker light style i feel they need to move to a lower spot i will take some pictures and let you tell me what you think
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe the light look ok i am on the fence on where they are after looking at them all day

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think lower would look a little better, but in all honesty, I think a flush mount would look a lot better. The top mount seems to me to look like an after thought, not factory.

Sorry, I hope I'm not offending...

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no offense taken as i agree maybe this winter i will do some sort of flush mount
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2017 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have gotten my gauges today and i am thinking of making a new face plate out of tinted lexan or some 1/8 thick aluminum
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i worked on the gauges they do light up but the tach is not reading so i will need to do more work on that i also need to lean it out
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

worked on the dash and got it painted and i will install it tomorrow as i like the paint to dry for a day

Looking great!

Looks just like my dash! It has been out for a full week after I redyed it as I waiting on a heater core and another keyless entry system and I can't stand it I want to put it back in.

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i need to figure out why i don't have turn indicator lights and the digital tach is reading 0 and when the 4 cylinder tach was in it worked but was way off
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New gauges installed
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you figure out the tach? The gauges look awesome! I love the carbon fiber!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i did it was that dam flat cluster ribbon on the back was messed up and needs replacing
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELP not sure what has happen but i can't seem to get the car to run it just keeps flooding out when i do get it running it only shows 6 inches of vacuum but i have played with the fuel at idle and have gotten it to 13 to 1 and have got a steady idle but when trying to start it now it wont start it floods again could a vacuum leak be causing this problem ideas pleas last thing is if i had a vacuum leak it should be going lean right and not be flooding i am running a fuel pressure test right now the injectors are new but you never know

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-26-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2017 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just don't get it i have low vacuum and if it was a vacuum leak then it would be going lean and this morning i started it and it ran good i guess i need to start from scratch
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2017 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i have pulled so much fuel away this engine should be starving but it is still flooding i am going to test all the injectors tomorrow if that checks out then on to the megasquirt and if it is that i am just gonna buy another ecu as i have had enough
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night i sat and thought and thought about this and decided that i don't have a leaking injector and i don't have a vacuum leak it is the megasquirt so i went in this morning and pulled it apart and cleaned it with electronics cleaner i let it dry then plugged it in and now it said i was lean once i got it to run and the blower is building boost fast i saw 15 pounds of boost it seems the belt has stopped slipping i also need to get the boost control valve working so i sent for a new actuator to repair it
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ATTA BOY !! Now your back on track.. Good Job !

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dam this megasquirt it is gonna drive me into the nut house now the ignition part messed up but i have it working again i am going to upgrade to the Vems ecu as soon as i get enough money
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so lost right now i have no idea why the engine wont run after it has run things i did today i check for spark on each cylinder and it has it so i did a injector test with my laptop and they fire and the circuit is fine i am going to change the oil as it smells of fuel and i am not sure if the engine has so much fuel every where it is gonna take a few days to dry out and maybe run i know it is strange to have it start and run and run good with it no pouring black smoke out of it and sounds great to where it just wont start with the same setup
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock