Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103406 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

well i have been busy so i haven't worked on the car but i am planing on working on it tomorrow and re-hanging the rear bumper . I seem to find things i just don't like the way who ever put this kit together as it is a cheap kit body but the folks who put it on a Fiero the first time just did a bad job i will take some pictures of the trunk lid to show what i am talking about

Unfortunately most kits are poorly built...such a small market and most people don't like spending real money on them (true Fiero owners, lol). Then comes the fact that most people assembling kits really have no clue what they are doing and get in way over their heads, hence the reason so few actually get finished. You are doing a great job with it, though. Taking your time and focusing on the attention to detail is the way to go. You'll be proud of the end result!

I second Bozzie's comment....this build really needs to be moved to the Construction Zone!
IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Neils88 it still wont be perfect but because it is so bad and messed up i can only do so much i just am not a wizard and my magic is not that strong lol . one more thing is it bad that i had to buy a gallon of filler ?

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-17-2016).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Neils88 it still wont be perfect but because it is so bad and messed up i can only do so much i just am not a wizard and my magic is not that strong lol . one more thing is it bad that i had to buy a gallon of filler ?

Only a gallon? I've seen some replicas that have used many times that amount...
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i mean another gallon lol as i was buying quarts but after buying many of them i just said the hell with it i will buy a gallon
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^ its not like you can put a magnet on the car and find our where the filler is !! LOL. Lookin good Mark

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Bozzie how you doing did you get started on my old car ? things are picking up at my shop it looks like you have been busy
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have been working on the fiero and my Mercedes 380sl that i will be selling to help fund this project
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am still working on the 81 Mercedes 380sk i am rebuilding the Bosch K jet as i have taken it apart and it is all plugged up it is mechanical injection and the metering plunger was so gummed up it would not move and i had to take a hammer and drift to tap the plunger out but now i have it working good and free i will be putting it back together and back on tomorrow but i know i will need to pull the nozzles and clean them and maybe replace them
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i worked on getting the deck lid and body to match up

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man i still love these chrome wraps
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
DP

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-07-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i just ordered some red chrome vinyl enough to do the front end as i always want to try it if i like it i will do the rest of the car i will post pitchers . I want to be able install vinyl professionally as i don't see vehicle wraps for even advertising
RURC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RURCSend a Private Message to RURCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been following this for a little while and am very impressed with this build. My son and I have been talking about doing the W8 in our GT.

[This message has been edited by RURC (edited 10-13-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks RURC i will say you need to be able to do wiring and fabrication for me the wiring is the hardest part if you do the W8 i think you should go with a VEMS ecu i think you will be way ahead as far as getting it up and running and it's price is close to the same as a Megasquirt 3 i wish i had gone with the vems
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPS did not bring my vinyl so i could not wrap the hood like i wanted to try and it is looking like they will bring it Monday or Tuesday and i also ordered some stuff for a side project i have been wanting to do . i am going to try making a magnesium air battery and i will post how that works out to
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the chrome Vinyl showed up today but i did not do anything yet accept cut a small piece of to see if i could clear coat it and the clear coat did not effect it at all so i will try wrapping the hood this coming weekend i will say i do like how it looks i know one thing it will stand out in a crowed
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i took a minute to play with the red chrome

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
a few more pictures after using a heat gun on it then clear coating it

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am Excited and Nervous to wrap my hood this weekend because this chrome vinyl looks so awesome
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2016 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i tried today but failed i will have to figure out the hood vent as this is the area that is giving me problems maybe if i start there and work out from there

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2016 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i am going to do 1 of 2 things with the scoop i will wrap it separately or i will paint the center section of the hood matte black but in both cases i will need to use knifeless tape to get a nice clean cut and i will try to get some one to help as it really is a 2 person job . could some one photo shop the center of the hood mat black

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-22-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2016 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i am going to give the hood another try but i am not sure if i will wrap the scoop but if i do i will do it separately and use a but joint shown in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-XkNFL_OKw or i will do matte black on a section of the hood
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have been trying to wrap curves and corners as these are the hard parts doing flat areas are pretty easy you just need to make sure they are clean but compound curves that is a whole different animal and the chrome vinyl is not as stretchable as plane colored vinyl they say
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am desperately trying to find a second pair of hands to help me with this vinyl as it is almost impossible for me to heat and stretch and place the vinyl all by my self so i am not sure i will get to do what i want but i sure am going to try
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i just ordered 30 feet so i guess i am going for it no matter what
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i am learning how to do the corners it takes good heat and a strong pull on the vinyl this is a pretty good corner but i stretched it a bit to much with a little to much heat

onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, ive got next week off work and could probably find some time to come down and lend a hand. Id like to mess around with wrapping. Shoot me an email.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might take you up on that as i keep fooling around with doing the corner and am learning but i think if ` person was heating it then i think i could pull it and get it with out any wrinkles at all
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the roll of vinyl came in today I need to get back working on the body and finish it up and ready to be wrapped
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2016 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
door and vent area blacked out

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2016 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered some seats from ebay i also ordered a product called rapid tac2 it is for installing vinyl using the wet install method

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-06-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i worked on the rear bumper and the fins on the doors today and should be able to get that all done tomorrow every thing seems to take longer than i think they should
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the new seats showed up today and i now have the rear bumper looking good and repaired the door fins i need to finish the deck lid so it is coming along good
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have been sanding to get it smoothed out then some primer surfacer then wet sand and start wrapping the car
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting excited and scared to death all at the same time due to wrapping the car as i want it to look good but am really nervous about the hard parts to wrap and i feel i should wrap the hard parts first like the front and rear bumpers i know that if I can pull it off it will look awesome and preform awesome
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Thanksgiving Every one have a great Holiday with your Family and be thankful for living in the best country on earth where you are free to chase your dreams and make them come true

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Happy Thanksgiving Every one have a great Holiday with your Family and be thankful for living in the best country on earth where you are free to chase your dreams and make them come true

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i have found what i think will look good for a design on the hood and car along with the black on the door fin area
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
taillights i am thinking of using
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just sent the blower pulley out to Carbinite metal coating it will have extra belt grip i might have to send the crank pulley out to the if it slips there but i don't think it will i should have the early back early next week so i will try it just to see what the boost goes to i went from a 3 inch down to 2 5/8 inch and boost hit 7 psi with the 3 inch i would like to see 12 minimum with the smaller pulley and zero belt slip
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock