Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
IP: Logged
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good man!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any New piccys Deano????
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Any New piccys Deano????

No pressure, Dean.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, ok, been a little crazy around here the last few days so I have not had much time to update.
yesterday we worked on the car a bit more sanding and shaping. we also got a few goodies from ZZP from UPS for the build.
I got the axles ready to go and the cradle is now clean and repainted with new mounts.
more to come later.
D.

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Your work never ceases to amaze me. I've been browsing the pics in this thread on and off and I hadn't noticed until now that the hips weren't part of a widebody. I like it much better.

I have a million ideas running through my head and that is one I've been seriously considering attempting, and there it is! I'm this > < close to changing my paint scheme to that of a Jetstream Blue Corvette ZR1 but there is no factory body line back there for a black top to transition to the Jetstream Blue sides without looking tacky, and that was my main reservation. Problem solved!

I'll follow this build more closely because there are a lot of neat things being done that haven't been done yet. Too cool.

------------------

'88 Fiero GT - Project MIDTRBO
'10 Camaro LT/RS - daily driver
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11-second winter beater
There's no replacement for turbo placement

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm Lovin it!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Wow! Your work never ceases to amaze me. I've been browsing the pics in this thread on and off and I hadn't noticed until now that the hips weren't part of a widebody. I like it much better.

I have a million ideas running through my head and that is one I've been seriously considering attempting, and there it is! I'm this > < close to changing my paint scheme to that of a Jetstream Blue Corvette ZR1 but there is no factory body line back there for a black top to transition to the Jetstream Blue sides without looking tacky, and that was my main reservation. Problem solved!

I'll follow this build more closely because there are a lot of neat things being done that haven't been done yet. Too cool.

we are going to be making molds soon from this car for parts for sale.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it done yet?????
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Is it done yet?????

lol, we have been working on it as fast as we can we will be working on it over the next few days as well.
the quarter vents gor the second coat of glass yesterday so they will hold the round shape and I can pull them off and work them. we are working from the back to the front of the car so today will be the quarters and the rockers.
D.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean that is pretty ambitious to try and get this car done AND molds pulled by Daytona,...if you guys pull that off you are going to be considered superhuman !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-25-2011).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Dean that is pretty ambitious to try and get this car done AND molds pulled by Daytona,...if you guys pull that off you are going to be considered superhuman !

I already do regardless if he finishes it or not. Lol

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

LOL! I think I already played that part

we worked on the car again today making lots of dust fly
lots of sanding, shaping, filling and glassing and not all in that order. lots more to do in the morning as well.
here are some pics from today.
still does not look like much but lots has been done.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we finaly worked out the lines on the hips and rear bumper and they are now in the first coat of primer
we have to do a bit of finish sanding and a few more coats of primer to get it perfict for molds but I can see the light at the end of this part of it.
here are some pictures.
D.

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work, can't wait to see it all in one color.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marine1981:

Nice work, can't wait to see it all in one color.

From looking at the mask line, it appears to me that it will be more than just 1 color.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The paint will be one color...unless you consider the trim as a second color.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 02-28-2011).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well maybe I should have said the "Finished Product" lol Regardless it's going to look sick.
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man! Can't wait till these parts come out!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update time for John
today we worked on the motor we took it all apart and cleaned everything as well as had the cam, crank, and block checked and honed.
new bearings and gaskets.
I was also able to get the heads finished today we took them all the way down and re built them with stronger springs and 1.9 rockers.
more to come later.
D.

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T'is a thing of beauty...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

we finaly worked out the lines on the hips and rear bumper and they are now in the first coat of primer
we have to do a bit of finish sanding and a few more coats of primer to get it perfict for molds but I can see the light at the end of this part of it.
here are some pictures.
D.

That's nice Dean. The flares compliments the Fiero's concept design. Now hurry and make molds.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Curly
we are almost ready to take molds just a bit more finish sanding. the shape is done.
I am hoping to have a few sets done by Daytona.
D.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice work + for you on this one
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:
Is the dash a firebird dash?

Looks like a Camaro dash. The Firebird had round vents instead of rectangular ones.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good guess! But nope...
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, all
we have made some more progress on the car over the last day or so and I will post pictures tonight.
lots of parts should be showing up this next week as well.

the dash is out of a grand prix as well as the column, I will be building custom doors and console to go with it.
D.

86_fiero_gt_92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahh you beat me to it, as soon as i saw the dash i was like thats an awesome idea.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we were working hard today on the car, Bill was working on the body, Aaron worked part of the day on other customer cars and I worked on the motor, headers and mounts for the car.
I was able to get one side of the headers done today as well as get more parts on the motor. I am waiting on a few parts from the dealer to finish up the motor build so I worked on making the motor mounts for the 3800 swaps. I had them water jetted out the other day and today I got them welded. the trans mounts will be done next week as well. I hope to have the drivetrain mocked up by the end of the week so we can get started on the wiring. we should be getting a load of parts next week as well for the build.
here are some great shots
D.

I was going to hold off on posting some of the pic's but I am just as excited as John will be once he sees what I have done to the motor
I was able to get the parts all painted and some of them on to the motor. the paint will tie in nice with the finished build.
we still have lots to go to get it done but this will give you a good idea of what it will look like.

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you need to go back to the drawing board on that engine. I will help you out by just hauling that one off if you want. I wouldn't even charge you for my services. Just kidding that looks awesome. I just bought a 4cyl Fiero so I am sure a swap will be in my future...
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

I think you need to go back to the drawing board on that engine. I will help you out by just hauling that one off if you want. I wouldn't even charge you for my services. Just kidding that looks awesome. I just bought a 4cyl Fiero so I am sure a swap will be in my future...

LOL! it's OK I can make more every day I will just have to keep building them till I get it right. just bring your car over with a few dead presidents and I will see if I can get it right in your car.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So are you saying that you didn't get my motor right?? (LOL)

That motor gives me a woody!
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that's the best looking 3800SC that I've ever seen.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the motor and trans mounts built today as well as got the trans cleaned up and painted.

I can't wait to get this car going, it should be a blast to drive and I am working on something that may be big for the car
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pics. I was able to get mounts maid and test fit the trans as well as get it painted.
body work continues and I got a big box of parts from the fiero store for the car as well.
D.

Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at your work makes me look forward to my deployment! (and I hate going over there!) I cant wait to see how things turn out! Keep up the great work Dean!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

Looking at your work makes me look forward to my deployment! (and I hate going over there!) I cant wait to see how things turn out! Keep up the great work Dean!

I am glad I can ease your pain, just be safe
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock