Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked on the car a bit more yesterday. we got the suspension arms cleaned up and painted. we also got the new bushings installed.
I also worked on the headers and got them done except for the Y pipe, I need to get the motor and the trans all mounted before I can build that part.
we got a load of parts from the fiero store as well.
new due wipe set, SS brake lines, polly bushings and a few more things I can't remember at the moment.
D.

IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG!!!! This thing is amazing! More piccys Deano!!!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

OMG!!!! This thing is amazing! More piccys Deano!!!

I think you made a great choice.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I still love the GBCT... I may have to have two in the garage. I am having lifts put in this summer so there will be extra room for two more Fieros!!!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more parts on the way
D.
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, looks like you're doing an awesome job! Good luck!!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be posting more pics this weekend. we got the motor almost all the way done I still have a few details to finish on it but last night we got it mated to the trans and on the cradle. I got pic's but for some reason my camera is not wanting to load to my computer so I will have to work it out later this weekend.
we got a set of matched 50 lb. injectors for the motor yesterday and got them installed they are a little biger than I wanted but we can dial them down in the tuning but the car will have plenty of fuel.
I also needed the brackets for the pullys and the dog bone, alt mount so I went to a friends shop and got them. I will be cleaning and painting them this week to install on the motor.

the hips on the car are done and are going to be primed today for molds the rear bumper is only a day behind them. once we get the molds done we can get back hard on the rest of the body.

both John and I are investing more in to this car then we planed but in the end it will be well worth it.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pictures, pictures, pictures
I was able to get the uploaded today. I did work on getting the suspension installed on to the cradle allong with the axles and the pullys for the supercharger.
I am still working on the alt mount but I hung it on the motor to get it going.
the body work for the hips is done and in primer now we just need to block it slick for molds.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take what's behind door A...no...no...C...no...wait...B, door B...no...no...wait...C...A...yes, A...I'll take door A...Final answer!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 03-13-2011).]

SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for update..

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
RIP. "Little Feather"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

The body work for the hips is done and in primer now we just need to block it slick for molds.
D.

Hey Dean, regarding the rear hips. How many sets will you bringing to D11? Please shot me a PM.

PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you think this car would look really good with the automoda convertible top?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope...but my wife's stock Fiero would!!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a few things in yesterday for the car. 12" drilled and sloted roters and adaptors from West shore fab. as well as a 325 lb coilover kit.
here are some pics from yesterday.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by madcurl:
Hey Dean, regarding the rear hips. How many sets will you bringing to D11? Please shot me a PM.

PM'd
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good Golly Miss Molly!!! Those brakes are gonna make me have to get new ones put on my DD!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got a few things in yesterday for the car. 12" drilled and sloted roters and adaptors from West shore fab. as well as a 325 lb coilover kit.
here are some pics from yesterday.
D.

Wow! You guys are cutting very close to the wire. Sweet brake set up.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John and I have decided it will take a bit longer than Daytona to get it done so it will not make that show this year but I am hoping to make the Dells with it.
we got the exhaust headers and y pipe finished yesterday so we can get to the coater.
D.

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that it won't be there but glad you are not going to sacrifice quality for a quick finish.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is true. Dean and I have talked and although we are disapointed we both agree that correct is more important than fast. So join us at the Dells for the grand reveal!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, screw the quick finish. I am utterly amazed by the design that is being implimented into your Fiero John. Take your time, and enjoy the progress... Besides, it is Whodeanie doing this project........ you know he will complete it.

Tony
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does this cause the tranny to heat up excessively? I was wondering about that for some time now. Are you going to wrap those exhaust or will it be fine without the wrap?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right on the money Tony. BTW we may have tailights donated to The Joel Project soon by a fairly well known individual in the community! I will announce when they arrive who it is.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 03-17-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the exhaust will be coated and that will cut down heat but it does not hurt anything to run it this way. the factory does it the same way only backwards on lots of cars.
I did not get a chance to work on the car yesterday because it was a mad house around my shop. we had several customers and vendors all show up at once and we were trying to get 2 cars done all at the same time.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been a few days...any updates?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much to post about at the moment. we had to get 5 cars done last week. Aaron and I worked almost 80 hrs. and I even came in on Sunday to get one finished.
yesterday we did a little work on Clays car before the new owner came and got it then we had to work on my truck.
this week we will be finishing Tony's car for the show and then back on yours next week. Bill is working hard to get molds done.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we were not able to get the molds made for the sides or the rear done like I wanted because of isues that took longer than we wanted on other cars but lastnight we did get the rear shaping done and got it in primer for the first time. now it needs a little final blocking and one last coat of primer like the sides then it is all about the molds.
here are some pics of the rear from last night.
once the molds are done the car will be moving allong faster.
D.

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is easily my favorite shot so far of this car. Your work is awesome!

Any updated shots of the front end and the hood vent?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finaly got the shocks and struts for the car so yesterday I got the coilover kit installed on them.
I am very happy with the way the car is shaping up but as you I only wish it was faster. some times great things take time.
bear with us because it will be worth it.
my fiberglass guy is a perfectionest and will not settle till it is top notch. this slows things down a bit but also makes for parts that fit without mods.
this goes with the way I set this shop up to be. top notch work and you will always get more than you pay for.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the pics of the rear struts built.
D.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump waiting for pics of the molds
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

bump waiting for pics of the molds

my fiberglass guy threw his back out so I will have no progress on the car till this weekend
but once the molds are made things on the car will be shot into high gear on the build. the motor is almost ready to be installed but we will not do that till the body is done.
I also have been working on several cool new tweaks that I have not posted but I will show all of you soon.
the car has already gotten loads of intrest from some people that may send it way over the top :thubmsup:
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap! Look how smooth that looks!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new piccys Dean? I am bored out of my mind up here in DC. Need a mental release!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here you go John, we were running all weekend.
the rear is now in final sand primer and we also went back to work on other parts as well. it still does not look like much yet but it will very soon.
D.

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really digging that body kit. Will this body kit be made in house or are you going to outsource the work?

The Riv
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The back bumper looks phenominal! Can't wait to see it start coming together!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

I'm really digging that body kit. Will this body kit be made in house or are you going to outsource the work?

The Riv

this one will all be in house.
D.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Now is the big question. How much money should I put on the side?

The Riv

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 04-05-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
once we get the molds made I will set the prices and let you know.
D.

Ok, back on track, I got a box full of goodies from TLG yesterday for the car and I cant wait to get to that part of the car but for now they will have to stay in the box for the move.

tonight will be the final sanding on the hips and rear to make it slick and then one coat of feather fill black primer as the last prep before the molds.
once that sets up we will coat it in PVB and start making the molds
because of the move we are getting all the cars to the roll point at least so this one will get lots of work this week to get that done.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-05-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock