Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
Blue By U

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue By USend a Private Message to Blue By UEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By any chance did you take any pics of installing the Grand Prix dash? I purchased a 2000 GP for the 3800s/c and the dash cause i saw this swap, yours looks awsome! any tips you could provide on this dash swap would be very helpfull.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blue By U:

By any chance did you take any pics of installing the Grand Prix dash? I purchased a 2000 GP for the 3800s/c and the dash cause i saw this swap, yours looks awsome! any tips you could provide on this dash swap would be very helpfull.

it is a lot of work. cut, fit, cut, fit you have to cut a lot off the top and pasanger side of the dash to make it fit in the car as well as custom door panels.
the most important thing to set is the colum opening. I will try to post up more detail as the build goes.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm bored. Amaze me with your wizardry.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'm bored. Amaze me with your wizardry.

LOL! working on it but I am also moving to a new shop. but once I do look out.
D.
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, that's all I have to say, wow!

Chris
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
molds are being made this weekend for the hips as well as the rear so we are excited. once that is done we will be thrashing on the car to get it done.
we got a box from TLG the other day. the full set of LEDs.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we are moving to a larger shop and we have started the move but I do not need to be out till next friday so the Rotten chop will be the last one out so that we can get the molds made.
this part has taken way longer than I had hoped but we wanted the parts to be the best ones on the market. they will fit with no mods and are dead on from side to side.
D.

Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

we are moving to a larger shop and we have started the move but I do not need to be out till next friday so the Rotten chop will be the last one out so that we can get the molds made.
this part has taken way longer than I had hoped but we wanted the parts to be the best ones on the market. they will fit with no mods and are dead on from side to side.
D.

I think we all feel that, it seems like my project is taking longer than it should too. Keep up the amazing job

-Chris
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking for the dates for the Dells...May 21st and 22nd!!!

http://www.dells.com/wiscon...omotion-festival.htm

That leaves only 5 and a half weeks to get the Rottinchop ready!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wrong one but still close. http://www.dellsrun.info/
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off by a few days...my bad. Any updates?
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2011 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we are working on the car at the old shop till friday when we have to be out so we can get more done. friday we will install the cradle and drivetrain so we can move it to the new shop.
this will just be temp. for now but once the molds are done we will fit everything in the engine bay and pull the motor one more time to wrap it up before it goes back in for good.
I will keep you posted with more by then. the move is kicking my butt, I was not planning it this soon but I am happy we are able to do it. in the long run it will be a great move.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump....updates???
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we got her over to the new shop yesterday. the quarters and rear bumper are now done and in black primer. the molding of them starts now. once that is done we will be rocking on the car as fast as we can for the rest of the body mods. the car looks wicked outside. I will try to get pictures of it today and post them.
the drivetrain is done and ready for install so that part will go quick.
even the guys from the new shop that never saw a fiero before are drooling over it. talks of twin turbo LSX fieros have already started
hang in their it is about to get exciting.
D.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patiently waiting for MORE PICS!
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

That's what I'm thinking too....I've been watching this thread big time ever since I signed up, and I think the rest of us are just about as excited as John might be. It's a great thread to base future Fiero building dreams off of.

Hey Dean, you're about 6 hours away, do you mind visitors on the weekends if the wife and I can get down your way sometime? Your work is inspiring, but I'm afraid of what it might cost me when I get started on a custom project of my own...
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I will be at Dean’s on Friday and I can get you some new pictures to look at then
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the car looks wicked outside. I will try to get pictures of it today and post them.
the drivetrain is done and ready for install so that part will go quick.
even the guys from the new shop that never saw a fiero before are drooling over it.

D.

Okay stop it ! Now you are messing up my head hehehe.

Even dave said the car looks bada** from his visit to your shop to drop off his car. I really need to see this car and kit in person. The fact that curly grabbed a kit says volumes !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone is more than welcome to stop by. we will be planning a new open house again soon. this one will be even biger with way more cars and people here.
maybe a real Lambo or 2 lots of fieros and Corvettes as well.
I will keep you all posted when that happens. I forgot to get pics yesterday so I will get them today.
D.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anyone is more than welcome to stop by. we will be planning a new open house again soon. this one will be even biger with way more cars and people here.
I will keep you all posted when that happens. I forgot to get pics yesterday so I will get them today.
D.

Whats the address Dean? I don't foresee myself coming anytime soon but maybe one day. I would love to visit!
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse: I really need to see this car and kit in person. The fact that curly grabbed a kit says volumes !

Wow! I want to see it too! LOL
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys it was raining yesterday so we did not even pull the cover off the car to get it out for pics but it should be nice today. we will be starting the molds today and then things will move fast.
the new shop is great but the only downfall we have at the moment is no area to do fiberglass work inside yet. we want to keep it totaly away from the rest of the cars so we will be building a sealed room with an outside vent this way we can keep the mess way down. but for now we will be doing some work outside and at my house.
D.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dean,
Any idea of when your next open house will be?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Hi Dean,
Any idea of when your next open house will be?

X2
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a nice drive up to visit with Dean and drop my car off. Took a few pictures for everyone’s enjoyment

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it was outside getting ready for molds today. the gell coat spray
D.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good as always.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!!

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

D.

I'm not sure I want to bring my Fiero this time.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

I'm not sure I want to bring my Fiero this time.

If it's gonna get crunched, there couldn't be a better place for it to happen.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the molds are in the works. yesterday we sprayed the tooling and started laminating on the rear bumper once that is set up we will pull it off and do the same with the hips.
more to come soon. once this part is done the car will move into high gear to get it done.
D.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

If it's gonna get crunched, there couldn't be a better place for it to happen.

I'm still not buying that!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the headers are now at the coater for a little love. I am having then coated in a shiney silver finish so they should look very cool.
the molds should be done in the next week if all goes well. I hope to be able to have parts to take to the Dells with me.
I got the tires off the wheels so I could have them refinished as well.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Looking forward to seeing some visual progress. The detail work always takes sooooo long and looks like nothing is happening...but at Dean's something is always happening!
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watching

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, bought for electric conversion. Currently just fixing all the old stuff

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more glass work today and the next few days. I hope to be able to post the finished molds by the end of the week.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the rear bumper mold is laid up now and the bumper is off the car so now on to the hips. the door caps are in gellcoat and will start glassing them today.
the hips will be in PVA today and gell coat tonight.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing some piccys!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock