Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to throw this out there...Johnyrottin is finally starting his choptop build! Yes, after years of procrastination I am finally doing it. I have always wanted a choptop and Tony kania's recent experience proded me to get off my butt!!!!! Dean is closer to me than Archie so he will be doing the build. The plan is for it to be revealed at Daytona so no details except, well, its a choptop! We don't have a name for the car yet. We figured it would name itself somewhere along the way. Dean....take it away!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Dirty Rottin Chop"?

(in no way is the "dirty" term a reflection on you in any way, it just sounded cool in my head)
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that!!!!!!!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

"Dirty Rottin Chop"?

(in no way is the "dirty" term a reflection on you in any way, it just sounded cool in my head)

This one has my vote.

Seeing as my name has been mentioned, can I drive her when she is done?

Begin the pics.......

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The other one i thought of was "Rottin Rush" but the other one seemed to fit better. Maybe a matte black like the old rat rods... depends on whats in your head... just a thought.

I wish i had the means to do whats in my head. That would be one mean looking car. Doubt it would get done in less then 2 years though.
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On with the show!

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's Rottin Chop!
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going off of FM86GT......."Dirty Rottin Scoundrel" Again, no reflection on Johnny personally

[This message has been edited by Turbowedge (edited 01-06-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turbowedge:

Going off of FM86GT......."Dirty Rottin Scoundrel"

That was the inspiration!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL...keep em' comin!!!! I'm a Spec Ops guy so I am pretty tough to offend. And Tony, of course you can drive her...right after me!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blackhawk? Apache?
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rottin' Bot.
Rottin' Hot.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 01-07-2011).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think someone is getting a little excited!
well the cat is out of the bag now but I still will not share the details untill it gets a little farther along. how about this? I will post some old pictures of the car.
so we can start this off the right way.

OK so far the car has been choped, the old drivetrain is out as well as the interior. some of you that have been to my shop may have seen it but some of the plans have changed for it and I am sure they
will continue to do so until it is done, I hope for Daytona with any luck
D.

first the strip

and the chop.

way more to come in a short time.
D.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats John.....gonna be a fun car!
danger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dangerSend a Private Message to dangerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plain Rottin!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And for all those who liked full metal jacket...
"Mary Rottin Chop"
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rottin Rod.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And for all those who liked full metal jacket...
"Mary Rottin Chop"

Perfect.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"WaRPed" Chop (Whodeanie and Rottin Project) I love acronyms.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"WaRPed" Chop (Whodeanie and Rottin Project) I love acronyms.

LOL....you should be writing comedy
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

LOL....you should be writing comedy

I have a severe case of ADHD. so severe that i basically randomly think of 7 different things of every minute of every day... chronic sleep issues because my brain won't slow down. It becomes worse when i WANT to think about something. I've had about a thousand ideas in my head because of this thread.

This car, my car, my next car (my old gt back, fingers crossed)... etc, etc... It just never stops! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!

I'll shut up now, back to our regularly scheduled program....
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, when I saw the title, I thought history was being made and Dean had screwed one up. Glad to see my thoughts proven wrong.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-07-2011).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Blackhawk? Apache?

Well... They are choppers.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Man, when I saw the title, I thought history was being made and Dean had screwed one up. Glad to see my thoughts proven wrong.

LOL, not this time
I will be working on the car today so you never know what I might screw up LOL!
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't get to the shop to work on it today because of snow and ice but I did pick up a very cool set of wheels for the car yesterday
once I can get back to work I will get pictures of them.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-10-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did some work on the car yesterday but still not ready to share yet but soon.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's it - start a thread and get everyone all worked up then "tease" us with promises of details "soon"!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

That's it - start a thread and get everyone all worked up then "tease" us with promises of details "soon"!

jamie86 SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamie86 SESend a Private Message to jamie86 SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about "Hey Hey-My My" let them figure the rest.....
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

LOL! I knew that would get you all excited
we have just gotten started but I guess I will let the cat out of the bag now and keep you all updated as it goes. since we are going to be on a tight deadline things will be going fast.
I thought up this car after I sold the last one and we did the chop this summer but it has not had much work since because of other paying projects.
this car has a laundry list of mods being done all at once so I will try to list some of them now that I can remember and others as we go.
to start.
Choptop and other custom body mods like front and rear bumpers, hood scoop, roof mods, deck lid mods, tail light mods, side scoops, rockers, quarter windows, a 3800SC install, costom paint, custom interior
this is the quick list and here are the pictures as it is now started. count down for Daytona (we hope )
D.

first off this is the car we have been using to build the new 430 rear bumper and I am still not sure if we will use it on this car or not.

we removed the old motor and cleaned out the bay for the swap to come.

a side shot of the chop

the new form for the nissan marker light we will be using.

the large hole we cut in the hood, notice the lack of a fan (more to come on this)

and the rest you can see for yourself
this is just the start and in the rough so keep posted for more to come.
D.

I love surfboard foam.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Intersting headlights.

What are they from ?
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats johnyrottin, whodeanie does excellent work. That's my first Fiero that was in need of major body TLC. Looks like it got a crew cut (chop top), face lift, and a heart transplant (engine)!

Will be following this thread for certain.
fierogt17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt17Send a Private Message to fierogt17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Intersting headlights.

What are they from ?

they look like Murcielago style headlights.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And that, they are!!!!
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

And that, they are!!!!

grr i wanted to do that! good job
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that bumper. Is that something you're going to be producing? I like it so far.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man Dean...you do amazing work!!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Man Dean...you do amazing work!!!!

You don't know the half of it just wait it gets better

yesterday we did a bit more work on the car we started on the rear deck lid and tail light area as well as a new quarter window design.
keep in mind that all of this is in rough in fourm and still has a long way to go. the foam areas are for patterns to make the parts from not the finished area.
many of the parts we will make for this car will be offered for sale later but again many of them will be one off for this car. the car will have so many things done to it that you would have to look at it several times to see them all and still may not know you saw them.
I will not list every detail on this build because that it part of the fun once it is done.

here are some new pics of the back of the car that we worked on yesterday. enjoy!
D.

first a pic of the wheels I will be using, replica SLR wheels.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 01-16-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock