Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The current plan, and I hope the only plan, is for the car to be revealed at Daytona. Of course, correct is Deans plan over fast and I am fully onboard with that. Dean is the man and is driving the train on this build so what he says goes. The car is coming along and I must say, the picture of drivers rear with that wheel...I am diggin it! Just out of curiosity Dean, what are you planning for teh headlights? Will they be colormatched, black, or carbon fiber? And are those 1x4 firing strips down the side or the more exotic Hawian Surfboard foam????

Woot! Page 5 owned!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still working on the headlights to get them the way I want them. I will need to cut them apart and tweak them a bit to get them to fit the way I want them.
as far as the door yes that is more of my foam. without the foam it would not be near as fast and easy to build the car the way we have done it. I have one more major mod to start on the car then it is all about tuning the shape and finish work. I am still working on the front of the car to get the shape where I want it. it will not be set in stone till I am happy with it.

I ran out of resin so in the morning I will be going to get more.
D.
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Did i miss something?

Do you remember that same 'angle/style/look' pic I took when I was building SmoothGT..?? &SmoothGT ended life at the crusher by my brother...

(edit) JSCOTT OR EXOTICSE knows which pic maybe... can either of you post my pic so we can move on w/ this subject...

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 01-30-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Do you remember that same 'angle/style/look' pic I took when I was building SmoothGT..?? &SmoothGT ended life at the crusher by my brother...

(edit) JSCOTT OR EXOTICSE knows which pic maybe... can either of you post my pic so we can move on w/ this subject...

Yeah... lets not hijack. PM sent.

whodeanie: should i bring that idea to somebody who might use it? Gave you first dibs but never heard back.

Are we going to see the completed car in this thread before Daytona?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I can't wait to see what the new weeks holds for The Rottinchop! You can see Dean's vision slowly but surely coming together. I think it will really change when the car is completely in primer so you can see everything flow together.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JR
i know it is your car, but i think we all feel the anxiety...like it was our car, lol. i really like the look that is starting to emerge. i can't
wait to see it done. any idea on the paint yet?
al
edit for spelling

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 01-31-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Dean and I have discussed the color and it has been picked. I was saving that for Dean to reveal when it gets painted. I have to keep some secrets so we can keep you guys tuned in!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5453 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Home from the Pentagon, full stomach, and sitting next to the computer waiting for Dean'os Rottin piccys to be posted! Keep having to clean up the drool off my feet!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no pics to be had today all I did today was run all over Atlanta picking up parts and supplys so I can keep going on the car.
I will be working on the car again in the morning so I will get more pics then.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dern...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

no pics to be had today all I did today was run all over Atlanta picking up parts and supplys so I can keep going on the car.
I will be working on the car again in the morning so I will get more pics then.
D.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been slammed at the shop the last few days with repairs that we needed to get done so we have not had a lot of time to work on the car but lastnight we did get some work done on it.
I am still working on the overall shape of the car to get it the way I want it and one thing I did not like was the flat rockers so I gave them a little detail. we will be working on the car on and off this week to get other things done as well but we try to work on it a little everyday.
here are some new pic's.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Comon now Dean...you can't put duct tape on lowers and call it detail. We won't win any shows with that!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 02-03-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Comon now Dean...you can't put duct tape on lowers and call it detail. We won't win any shows with that!

LOL! I kinda like the duct tape detail it goes with the over all look of the car in the state it is in.
we will be back on the car again today, I hope to get a few more things done this weekend on the body and start on the dash as well.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be leaving DC this afternoon and on the way back to the family. I hope to see some great pics tonight!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 02-04-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I will be leaving DC this afternoon and on the way back to the family. I hope to see some great pics tonight!

Have a safe trip and give me a call this weekend
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got some new parts from Jimmy yesterday and will be working on the car again today so I will post some pic's tonight.
yesterday I fitted the dash for the first time so I could start to make the door pannels and the center consol the interior shop has the seats with all of my drawings on then to change the look a bit
the seats are going to be a one off and way cool.
the design of the body is almost done with the exception of the final shaping of all the mods and that is the part that takes a while and is boaring to post so I will try to keep going on other areas as well that will look good in pictures. more to come soon.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally home after multiple flight delays. I ended up geting to Atlanta around 2215 or so. Left at 2315. Not much layover time. Got home to Flroida around 0030 the next day. I can't wait to see that beastie all in one color!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chant with me now.....Pics....Pics....Pics...I am sending mental messeges to you Dean...you want to post more pics...you need to post more pics...you are being drawn to the computer...you feel like posting pics...
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean I like the way the rockers dips towards the rear, nice touch.

Do you have a ballpark figure for the body kit?

The Riv
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new and exciting?
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are a few pic's from this weekend and we will be working on it more this week as well.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me thinks me likes the angle down on the rockers!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some new pic's from today. we worked on the rear deck lid a bit more as well as the dash. we also reworked the front hood a bit. it was just not flowing with the rest of the car.
I will get more pictures later now that I got new batterys for my camera that will not die after 2 pic's
D.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I knew i've seen that idea before... LMAO!!! you stare at it every day... Fantastic!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I told someone the same thing and they scoffed,..hehehe guess us great minded detectives think alike !
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes i feel like a retard cause i didn't catch it right away. But... 5 pages later... Wasn't even look at the thread. I guess the ADHD comes in handy sometimes.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, antenea delete in the plans?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes the Lambo was part if the insperation for the rear lid
the antena will be hidden under the fender as well.

Also I did forget to mention that we also worked on the seats as well they are Fiero seats that I have tweaked a bit to be a one off for the car.
D.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes the Lambo was part if the insperation for the rear lid
the antena will be hidden under the fender as well.

Also I did forget to mention that we also worked on the seats as well they are Fiero seats that I have tweaked a bit to be a one off for the car.
D.

Something I did on the silver chop was run the antenna up under the windshield pillar instead on under the fender. It will slide right in there and only a small bracket to angle it is needed it seemed to work great also. It puts it going up and not laying flat. Just a thought if you want to try it.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have known that something like the delete would not have escaped the masters eyes!
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's it coming along? :friendly bump:
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean...I think he wants to see more pics. Hmmm...come to think of it so do I!!!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! sanding and shaping makes for boaring pic's
but I will get more pics to post soon.
we are almost done with the hips and rear bumper and my goal is to have them in primer this weekend so we can pull molds off of them before we go farther with the car.
I have come up with a way to install the hips that almost anyone can do with almost no effort.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new pics Dean???
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, seat and engine parts have been paid for and sent!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

I knew i've seen that idea before... LMAO!!! you stare at it every day... Fantastic!

IMO they are only similar in that both cars have similar only in tail lamps. The deck lids have nothing in common. One is a freshly uniquely tweaked deck lid with a dropped section with a vent while the other is a canopy like shell that reaches up and over the engine bay with multiple vents. The only rear end thats similar to the lamborghini is the replica-like one from PISA. If Whodeanni had used the lambo rear bumper then-maybe?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-16-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some sanding updates LOL!
we have been working hard to get the hips and rear bumper perfict so that we can get molds pulled from them before we go farther with the car.
it takes longer than you would think to get both sides the same with no dips. I also started to change the front hood a bit it was not flowing with the rest of the car. it looked more hot rod and the rest looked more exotic so I will be tweaking that over the next few days until I am happy with it. we are finishing up another car that will be done today and then back on this one hard. we are trying to have the rear in primer this weekend for molds so I will see how that goes and keep you posted. we have decided to produce the hips and bumper in house as well as many other parts to come just because we now have the means to do it the way I want it done. I want these parts to fit with no isues or mods needed.
D.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking great.....
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice. It is amazing what can be done with some time motivation and or cash.

Is the dash a firebird dash?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock