Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

All I can say is WOW.

This thread doesn't even come close to describing how badly the OP got screwed.

Archie

Archie does this mean the chop is not correct? If John's is not done correctly I would assume mine is not either... do I need to junk it?
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All I can say is WOW.

This thread doesn't even come close to describing how badly the OP got screwed.

Archie

Archie We need to chat! I hear you really like that cradle I need parts lets make a trade.........
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Archie does this mean the chop is not correct? If John's is not done correctly I would assume mine is not either... do I need to junk it?

Where the back window sits did DE DUMB DUMB cut the flange off were the pinch weld is along the top and sides of the window ? if so that seam is were the roof section is factory spot welded to the inside roof bits and needs to be welded.

I will take pics tomorrow of the mess I had to tarp it up tonight after getting everything put away due to rain on the way. All I can say is my 11 year old daughter welds better my god what a joke but I have a whole roof section here I can fix the mess with. I will grind out and redo all the welds I cant stand bad welds. The body work is a joke i grabbed hold of part of the front bumper and it fell off. the deck lid is lop sided the roof dipity do is lop sided.
The frame rails were he cut the trunk out look like a beaver got to them. SO far I for sure need the top section from a gt rear clip from just beyond the attachment bolts I am getting rid of that mess on the roof. the trunk lid is a massive failure and will need to be replaced so we will need one of those too. the hood also a loss, the fenders prob should replace also. The rockers well part of one blew off on the way here and so they will go away also. I also need the center section from a gt clip were the tail lights were. where he did the dipity thing I want to replace with the right stuff again. I will post a more detailed list of needed things and pics of the bs later possibly tomorrow when I get home from up north. BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> As bad as it all seems I think it will all be ok I have saved worse, it will be a lot of work but in the end this should turn out great!

A Preview:
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

No, the welding & areas that were cut for the chop (as far as I can see) Look to be in pretty decent condition.

Body wise, it's a shame .... I think it can be redone but from the door forward it's pretty sad.

Archie

edited to add.......

That's what I'm talking about.

A

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-20-2013).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Archie We need to chat! I hear you really like that cradle I need parts lets make a trade.........

I'll PM my cell number
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...the welding & areas that were cut for the chop (as far as I can see) Look to be in pretty decent condition.

That's good news.

I've been hoping to hear at least a little bit of good news from this thread.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll PM my cell number

Its getting late tonight, I will try calling you tomorrow. I got stuck this afternoon laying a new floor in the parents bathroom and it took way longer than I had expected It would.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, this will be my last post in this thread. It is time to put this one to rest. There are a lot of bad feelings where he who shall not be named is concerned. He is some piece of work.

What the fellas are alluding to is that all the work he who shall not be named did was basically trash. They were just being nice about it. Time to press forward with a new thread and a new outlook.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock