Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What doors you ask? Cats out of the bag now!
IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm inspired, I hope its nice out this weekend so I can start laying up glass
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Looks like a VDI set-up. Excellent choice.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok. lots of questions and coments about this car and I like all the feedback. thanks to all.
sone of the things people asked. first the radiator fan will be 2 small pusher fans in front of the radiator to clean up the area in the back.
as far as the sides of the car, I am still working on it and I will have to keep you posted.

yesterday we worked on the car again and got one door done as well as many other things but I need to get going so here are the pictures till later.
D.

OK-that was a surprise. I was expecting something else!

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the set on this car are the ones I had on my Widebody that came from Archie, John wanted Lambo doors and I decided to go another route with my car so it worked out.
I did not get a chance to do much on the car today due to other projects I also need to work on.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Johnny i think you are going to love the lambo doors.

Those are the same ones i have on number 4 and people still go crazy when they see them.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SSWWEEETTTT!! TY.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Motorized? Actuated? On a push button. Shaved door handles? I can go on and on and on and...

Looks good. Wasn't sure if you were gonna do verts or suicide's. Almost half expecting gull wing doors.

Suicide Verts.... hhhhhmmmmm

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 01-20-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was actually thinking about doing one vert and one suicide...what ya think of that!
Johbby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohbbySend a Private Message to JohbbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work Dean! I enjoy reading through your build threads.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I was actually thinking about doing one vert and one suicide...what ya think of that!

Personally, if you can't invision it on a exotic car (Lamborghini, Ferrari, or any other high end sports car)-then it might be best to pass on the idea. The only real production car with two types of doors are the Saturns, but then again it's the third door. I guess what I'm trying to say is-you need make the tweak look like it came with the car. Just a though.
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
or...or....do them both vert / suicide...or do what I want to do and buy or have someone re engineer the koenigsegg door hinges...those are dreamy...
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking really excellent !!!

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be kind of an interesting combo...reverse lambo style. Wonder how that would work???
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not easily... been waiting to get the funds and place to do it. Got a design on paper but... eh... we shall see.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Motorized? Actuated? On a push button. Shaved door handles? I can go on and on and on and...

Looks good. Wasn't sure if you were gonna do verts or suicide's. Almost half expecting gull wing doors.

Suicide Verts.... hhhhhmmmmm

Actually, Dean's mind extends out further than that! That's all I'm saying. Otherwise, he'd have to kill me!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 01-20-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i did see some type of door poppers that you just run your hand across the door skin and it senses it and pops the door. that would be neat...get rid of the handles!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will not say what kind of doors I was thinking about because I still may do them on another car at a later date.
we have done a bit more work on the car but my computer is down at the moment so I can not post pictures untill I get it back up.
so once I do it should be lots more pictures.
D.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Looks like a VDI set-up. Excellent choice.

I just installed a set of VDI hinges on a customers 2011 Camaro. It had 863 miles on it, talk about nerve racking, we covered everything up with tape and paper so the paint wouldn't get scratched.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a different set of hinges that I did not like, so I decided to go with the VDI hinges - that I still have not purchased yet. I have some suspension work to get done first.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will not say what kind of doors I was thinking about because I still may do them on another car at a later date.
D.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. my internet is back up. we worked on the car a bit more and I have the front, hood, top, deck and rear the way I want them now it is on to the sides.
first off we got some glass on the parts to get it all stuck together so we can start shaping it all out for molds.
I decided to do something with the sides of the car I had thought about a while back, what I decided to to do was to give the car a widebody look but not make it a widebody
this would save the big cost of wheels but still make it look cool. it gives the car hips. I plan on taking molds off this once i have them the way I want them for sale along with a few of the other parts of this car.
anyway on to the pictures.

PS. to all of you foam haters here ............. JK.

FOAM YOU! LOL
my installer made it just for you.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 01-21-2011).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice going on the hips. Funny thing is I was just toying with the same idea after wathing transformers the other day.

The camaros have that same look and like you said it eliminates the need for expensive wheels. A set of new camaro mirrors

would go well also. Great work! Ray
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well done!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we have done a bit more work on the car but my computer is down at the moment so I can not post pictures untill I get it back up.
so once I do it should be lots more pictures.
D.

My lips are sealed! I'm not ready to meet St. Pete.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004
You know, that item in the first picture might make for an interesting shifter. Or, maybe not.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok now you have my full attention !!

You just put the brakes on a wheel choice i was about to consider,...and that is a good thing.

This is an important development !

What size wheels (width) are going to work with this product ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-22-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks line chocolate was smeared all over the back! Maybe we will have to change the name from Rottin Chop to Sexual Chocolate! (LOL)
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

ok now you have my full attention !!

You just put the brakes on a wheel choice i was about to consider,...and that is a good thing.

This is an important development !

What size wheels (width) are going to work with this product ?

any wheel that will fit on a stock Fiero will fit with this mod. from 14" to 20" x 8" wide. I will be using 18 x 8's on this one.
D.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you over lay another fender on top of the other on the rear? Looks good. I think Tony's car will be staying alittle bit longer after seeing this. lol
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Did you over lay another fender on top of the other on the rear? Looks good. I think Tony's car will be staying alittle bit longer after seeing this. lol

to get the shape I did use only the top ridge of a front fender for part of it and them I used foam for the rest and just shaped it out. I am doing it this way so I can make quick shapes and finish them out on the car then take molds from them to make the fiberglass parts from. this is not the end part just a mold. I have to build the whole car this way to get what I want and then do it again but it is still way faster this way than any other.
I still need to make the parts for the doors, lower quarters, lower moldings and tweak the rockers as well. it is a lot of work in a short time but I will do my best to get it and others done in time.
D.
PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of tail lights are you going to use?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

What kind of tail lights are you going to use?

LED C6 Corvette lights back set in the panel they will be bright and look cool.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear end looks like it was inspired by Car-lo. Can't wait to see how it turns out
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks really, really nice, but if you take it to the next level would be to pull in the C-pillars thus creating a shelf-like similar to the IMSA hips. You could then incorparate the entire left and right side into a complete mold with sail windows (just a thought).

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it the way it's going. Don't be a cookie cutter, be unique.

Originally posted by madcurl:

Looks really, really nice, but if you take it to the next level would be to pull in the C-pillars thus creating a shelf-like similar to the IMSA hips. You could then incorparate the entire left and right side into a complete mold with sail windows (just a thought).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

I like it the way it's going. Don't be a cookie cutter, be unique.

Actually, it wouldn't be since the IMSA kit doesn't move the C-pillars inward (it just looks that way) and Car-Lo mod is a real widebody. However, either way it's a good design and it will no doubt tweak somebodies interest here. I'm just happy that somebody is doing something for the community.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-22-2011).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea, widebody look without the widebody expense. Count me in for a kit.
The Riv

Ok. my internet is back up. we worked on the car a bit more and I have the front, hood, top, deck and rear the way I want them now it is on to the sides.
first off we got some glass on the parts to get it all stuck together so we can start shaping it all out for molds.
I decided to do something with the sides of the car I had thought about a while back, what I decided to to do was to give the car a widebody look but not make it a widebody
this would save the big cost of wheels but still make it look cool. it gives the car hips. I plan on taking molds off this once i have them the way I want them for sale along with a few of the other parts of this car.
anyway on to the pictures.

PS. to all of you foam haters here ............. JK.

FOAM YOU! LOL
my installer made it just for you.
D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

I like the idea, widebody look without the widebody expense. Count me in for a kit.
The Riv

Me too. It will match perfectly with #011 and the rear bumper.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh cool!
It's a tribute to Joey!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock