Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be home after 8 tomorrow, shoot me a call I was looking over the pics and have a pretty good idea of whats up and i saw a bunch of stuff I am seriously doing a face palm over. I just hope all your parts come with the shell of your car You have a impressive amount of stuff there I see no reason why it was not done after all this time.
IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, check your hotmail email account. You have an email.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Zero contact from Dean in over two weeks. Much soul searching on my end. I was more than happy to let him have until the 27th of June had he done as promised and maintained contact with me along with sending updates. I have contacted the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office. Unfortunate as it has come to this. I believe I have given Dean more than enough time and consideration.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-03-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to look over the pics some more. Nice talking to you again today John. The guys are ready.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune but you were warned...

Originally posted by johnyrottin:
Zero contact from Dean in over two weeks. Much soul searching on my end. I was more than happy to let him have until the 27th of June had he done as promised and maintained contact with me along with sending updates. I have contacted the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office. Unfortunate as it has come to this. I believe I have given Dean more than enough time and consideration.

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes...I was warned. Sadly, the warnings were far after the parts and cash were sent.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John I sure hope you get returned your investment put into this already and the some for dealing with a crook... I loved Dean's work but I sure hate to see him ruin himself and ruin others finances and hopes of getting what they purchased. Sadly he has destroyed that! Good luck with your lawsuit bro.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
john, sorry it turned out this way. hope the best for you and your project in the future.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it. Dean has finally text me last night confirming that he will not finish. I guess it is what we all expected the outcome to be. I am not sure which way to head now. It will cost me around $600 or so to get it up to the WI guys. I feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails. He is supposed to call me today to see if we can work something out. I'll keep you guys posted.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-14-2013).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like most people, I have followed the whole Dean implosion saga. And like most people I would like to see your car get done and become a source of enjoyment instead of dread for you. I know you are not looking for this, but I would be happy to donate a few bucks towards getting your car up to the fine folks in Fox Valley Fieros (who it sounds like have made a generous offer to help you out).

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Jeff. A very nice offer from them as well as you. I am still trying to get Dean to contact me to arrange. No matter how many times he makes promises he seems to break them.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-14-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rottinchop relay? Hmm....
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

lol was just talking to Av8fiero about just that!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Make it happen, and Fox Valley Fieros will make the Rottinchop happen. Anyone have a trailer to lend? I can pull it from the Chicago area to the Fox Valley.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking into a Uhaul rental...600 or so dollars.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am looking into a Uhaul rental...600 or so dollars.

PM me the details, I am curious about all the stuff that you had with it. And what is still with it?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Make it happen, and Fox Valley Fieros will make the Rottinchop happen. Anyone have a trailer to lend? I can pull it from the Chicago area to the Fox Valley.

If one of the Atlanta guys can get it to the bottom of the plateau, I may be able to pull it with the Vic, for a ways, anyhow.
It's not setup for towing yet, though, and I don't have a truck.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again guys. It is amazing having so many friends that I haven't even met yet. I will not let my bad experience with Dean sour my Fiero life.

I also want to apologize to everyone for occupying the bandwidth necessary with this unfortunate issue.

Just to bring you all up to date, I have sent Dean 20-30 text messages with only a couple replies. He has no intention of finishing and has said the stress that everyone has caused him from the overall situation is costing him his health as well as being bankrupt. I reminded him that this is mostly his doing. I have been very patient and supportive during this whole ordeal. I offered him a reasonable way out if he would just call me. My reasonable solution was going to be for him to return ALL Rottinchop and Joel Project parts along with $2,000.00 in cash (no checks) and I would sign a bill saying that we are completely square. As it stands now I am in contact with attorneys and his local Sheriff. Jurisdiction will be changing to either Pickens County or Jasper PD since he has moved shop. I intend to press criminal charges for theft as he has essentially disappeared with my car and my parts. Those details will need to be worked through with the police. I also, at this time, intend to pursue a lawsuit suing him. I am not sure where this will head as it will be difficult at best considering the geographical separation.

My thoughts are this: All individuals having vehicles or parts remaining down there need to meet up then together go retrieve their cars/parts. The police will need to have a presence as well as Dean so that he cannot claim we stole anything or claim a mechanics lean. Further, we believe the cars are located on a 3rd party’s private property so they will need to be present as well. Having the police there will be safest for all involved.

My thoughts are to quickly organize and head there over the coming holiday weekend so that it minimizes everyone’s upheaval. Make sure you have all your receipts and even pictures of what he has of yours. This will help minimize any issues.

Again, I apologize to all those that have had to waste time with this. Unfortunate that it has progessed to this stage.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, if a dolly or trailer were rented for a one-way trip I may be able to haul a truck load and pull a car to somewhere up in Tennessee for another to pick it up. As much as I hate to get personally involved between Dean and car owners, I'd be glad to do it for you. It would need to be well-coordinated to avoid delays and make the trip within the allotted rental time.

There are 3 or 4 of us in the Georgia Fieros Club that have trucks capable of towing a trailer. If it could be worked in between events, maybe we could just caravan everything up part way.

Afterthought: Have you thought about Fieroguru bmwguru and Anonymous? Joey had a truck and hauler that I believe would carry more than 1 vehicle.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 05-16-2013).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about your troubles with Dean. I have stayed out of this debacle but seeing how Dean won't return calls or texts to me, I might as well say what I gotta say. Throughout Deans doings, he needed several parts from Fiero Fiberglass for the projects he was working on. I in turn wanted several parts he was producing. We worked out several deals of exchange for parts for parts. Long story short, Dean is still into me for a set of 3800 Axles (charged me $500 worth of fiberglass parts) and also $150 cash for shipping of a 4T65E HD trans which he never shipped. Frank Martin picked the trans up for me when he went up there to get The White Horse. I in turn drove to Franks to pick up the trans. So Dean is in to me for $650.00.

I do have some type of recourse though. I have the mold for Dean's 355 rear bumper. Dean was supposed to get a royalty for each bumper sold. The deal was that Dean would get $100 for each bumper sold. Needless to say, I will be keeping that royalty to cover the money he owes me. It may take me several years to re-coup my money but it's better than nothing. My debacle now is I have no clue where to get axles from for my build car.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Sorry about your troubles with Dean. I have stayed out of this debacle but seeing how Dean won't return calls or texts to me, I might as well say what I gotta say. Throughout Deans doings, he needed several parts from Fiero Fiberglass for the projects he was working on. I in turn wanted several parts he was producing. We worked out several deals of exchange for parts for parts. Long story short, Dean is still into me for a set of 3800 Axles (charged me $500 worth of fiberglass parts) and also $150 cash for shipping of a 4T65E HD trans which he never shipped. Frank Martin picked the trans up for me when he went up there to get The White Horse. I in turn drove to Franks to pick up the trans. So Dean is in to me for $650.00.

I do have some type of recourse though. I have the mold for Dean's 355 rear bumper. Dean was supposed to get a royalty for each bumper sold. The deal was that Dean would get $100 for each bumper sold. Needless to say, I will be keeping that royalty to cover the money he owes me. It may take me several years to re-coup my money but it's better than nothing. My debacle now is I have no clue where to get axles from for my build car.

Hey stranger! sent you a PM
PFF
System Bot
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man What a big nightmare this has turned into..

Stuff like this is what got me out of the Jeep community.

Hope everything works out somewhat for you guys.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God what a mess! If I were you I would be pacing in a dark corner muttering redrum...redrum...redrum.....
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank everyone for their kind words and great advice. Tough place for myself and others to be in. I try to keep this all in perspective. In the grand scheme of things I am healthy, have a great marriage, and have fantastic kids. We have a great network of Fiero nuts even when a bad apple happens to roll into the bushel now and then. We will get through it all. The chop will head to Wisconson soon.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and great advice. Tough place for myself and others to be in. I try to keep this all in perspective. In the grand scheme of things I am healthy, have a great marriage, and have fantastic kids. We have a great network of Fiero nuts even when a bad apple happens to roll into the bushel now and then. We will get through it all. The chop will head to Wisconson soon.

I just wanted to applaud you on you positive outlook and attittude towards a difficult situation. You appear to have your priorities well in hand! I hope that everything works out for the better.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-11-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nolan. A quick update: I will be making my trip to Jasper, GA to retreive my belongings on 14/15 July. While I am there if anyone needs anything to be retreived I am more than willing to grab all the items for folks I can. I have to grab two vehicles (Rottinchop/Joel Project) so I will have to bring two trucks somehow. This is a mess and I cannot wait to close this chapter and open the next. My plan is to have the wiring finished on the 84 V6 swap and either paint and sell it, or just sell it, with the proceeds being given to the young man the car was intended for in the first place. The Rottinchop, a very great group of folks have made a genourous and selfless gesture of completing the car at a labor cost of zero added to whatever the parts costs are. I couldn't ask for more than that. I won't say who they are unless they want to pipe in here. Just blessed to have the folks around us that we do...
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! What an emotional roller coaster, I have just read the complete story from start to finish forsaking my lunch. My gawd man, you are an inspiration of patience, determination and resiliency. I as well as everybody who watched this happen can't help but feel horribly saddened by the events unfold before our eyes. I do wish you and all others in this the best in your recovery of your property. I would like to make a donation to help you along your way. Please tell me how I can?

To you Dean....You need to come right...You lost your way. You have a damn fine talent of that their is no doubt. Help these people get their belongings back to them. DO THE RIGHT THING!

------------------
Beej

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John, not sure if this is an option for you but at one point when I moved from NC to Texas I hired a Roll Back wrecker to load one of my trucks into the box of a Uhaul. Then I placed my other truck on a trailer and pulled it. Not sure if this is an option for you but thought it might help.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headed down with two trucks this weekend to try and collect what is left of my projects. I have tried to contact he who shall not be named for more than a month with no luck. Pickup should be on Sunday so he has no excuses with "I had to work somewhere else on something else for someone else". See how is goes...fingers crossed for luck.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, if you're in town Saturday, drop in on the Georgia Fiero meeting.
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Headed down with two trucks this weekend to try and collect what is left of my projects. I have tried to contact he who shall not be named for more than a month with no luck. Pickup should be on Sunday so he has no excuses with "I had to work somewhere else on something else for someone else". See how is goes...fingers crossed for luck.

Hey John,

Good luck in getting your projects back. Be safe.
Dwane
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny,
Hey man if you are in East Tennesee on the way back or down maybe we could meet up somewheres. I am in maryville just south of knoxville. If there is anything you need along the way don't hesitate to call man. If you are interested PM me and I will shoot my phone number over to you. Good luck either way man. peace

Pete
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

John, if you're in town Saturday, drop in on the Georgia Fiero meeting.

That sounds fun. Where will you all be meeting?

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3320 Henderson Mill Road, Atlanta at The Galaxy Diner. It's just off Chamblee Tucker Road, near the I-85/I-285 interchange on the East side of Atlanta.
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure where in il you're located, or if I can be any help at all. But I'm in il and have a truck more than capable of pulling if you need any help along the way for some reason. Good luck with all of your belongings and have a safe venture.

~James
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny
I hope that you get all your stuff back.
I have seen lambo88's car after he paid to have it hauled out of that hole.
The list of stuff missing is quite long and after 21 months the car is a total mess.
You would be doing many people a favor if while you are there, you would give Dean a dope slap with a brick, just kidding (sort of).
Good luck.
Steve
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am at Scott AFB in Illinois.

I know I am hoping against all hopes here. Dean finally contacted me last night via text and told me to have my cars out of there in two weeks or he will have them impounded. After all the time, patience, and understanding this is the way he is heading. He has no honour...he has no integrity...and he has few freinds now, if any.

Right now the plan is getting the cars, figuring out what is missing, and assessing/going from there. Hopefully what has been done is quality but I have little faith in that fact.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5453 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I am at Scott AFB in Illinois.

I know I am hoping against all hopes here. Dean finally contacted me last night via text and told me to have my cars out of there in two weeks or he will have them impounded. After all the time, patience, and understanding this is the way he is heading. He has no honour...he has no integrity...and he has few freinds now, if any.

Right now the plan is getting the cars, figuring out what is missing, and assessing/going from there. Hopefully what has been done is quality but I have little faith in that fact.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...Dean finally contacted me last night via text and told me to have my cars out of there in two weeks or he will have them impounded.

What a prince of a man.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock